Author Topic: European Super League  (Read 26561 times)

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
European Super League
« on: April 20, 2021, 03:00:13 pm »
I drafted this earlier pending feedback from other Mods, but here we go:

The club statement regarding the creation of a European Super League seems to be universally acknowledged as a massive mistake by the owners FSG. As self acknowledged custodians, John W Henry and his fellow board members appear to have forgotten some of the lessons they claimed to have learned when they took over Liverpool Football Club from Hicks & Gillette. They gained control of our Club with the assistance of the "Internet Terrorists" who forced the previous owners out of the door.

I personally think it's time to remind them that their wealth and the revenues and profits of Liverpool Football Club are ultimately generated by the fans. By us. This Is Our Club.This Is My Club. They have ownership with consent, consent that is spent on subscriptions and merchandise, sponsorships and deals. And once upon a time it was also match day revenue, but we can set that aside for the time being.

I have just cancelled my Now TV subscription and I told them why on Twitter. I love and support Liverpool Football Club, but I will not give my cash to the corporations and businesses that give cash to FSG. The corporate partners are listed here: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/corporate/partners

This thread has a dual purpose -

Firstly to collate the social media handles of those businesses. If you can post them below we can edit them into an easy to use list.

Second, that resource gives you the links to their presence on social media platforms where you can tell them why you are no longer buying their goods and services.

Who is in?  :wave

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
Re: European Super League
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 03:03:39 pm »
If you haven't done it yet, unfollow all @LFC accounts (that is of course if you're on any of the social media cancer apps)
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 03:04:50 pm »
Me. Thanks. Internet terrorists unite yet again (sadly).
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 03:05:35 pm »
I drafted this earlier pending feedback from other Mods, but here we go:

The club statement regarding the creation of a European Super League seems to be universally acknowledged as a massive mistake by the owners FSG. As self acknowledged custodians, John W Henry and his fellow board members appear to have forgotten some of the lessons they claimed to have learned when they took over Liverpool Football Club from Hicks & Gillette. They gained control of our Club with the assistance of the "Internet Terrorists" who forced the previous owners out of the door.

I personally think it's time to remind them that their wealth and the revenues and profits of Liverpool Football Club are ultimately generated by the fans. By us. This Is Our Club.This Is My Club. They have ownership with consent, consent that is spent on subscriptions and merchandise, sponsorships and deals. And once upon a time it was also match day revenue, but we can set that aside for the time being.

I have just cancelled my Now TV subscription and I told them why on Twitter. I love and support Liverpool Football Club, but I will not give my cash to the corporations and businesses that give cash to FSG. The corporate partners are listed here: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/corporate/partners

This thread has a dual purpose -

Firstly to collate the social media handles of those businesses. If you can post them below we can edit them into an easy to use list.

Second, that resource gives you the links to their presence on social media platforms where you can tell them why you are no longer buying their goods and services.

Who is in?  :wave

Thank you Michael, that's great.

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 04:44:15 pm by Scottish-Don »
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 03:52:34 pm »

Armin knocked the nail on the head with this earlier - but think it applies here too (please delete or edit this if out of context or place, Armin or mods)...

We all have to set our own limits in life, work out what we can and cannot live with, draw our own lines in the sand.  For me, this is one of those moments and the issue is crystal clear with little to no room for confusion. There's no way this can be interpreted or explained away as anything other than what it is. Cynicism, greed, opportunism of the basest kind and an action taken with blatant disregard for the sporting principles on which the game rests. It is a declaration of war on the football pyramid and the principle of competition it embodies. It cannot stand unopposed.

That Liverpool FC have signed their names to it must be regarded as one of the greatest misjudgements in the history of the club. A fatal misreading of the fanbase, a failure to listen and to understand the very thing which gives the club its value. A failure on an institutional level of personnel within the club and its stakeholders to communicate to the owners that this decision doesn't just open up a period of bad press or a temporary disruption to commercial activity, but will be the cause of an endless, damaging civil war where one side will never give in and never concede, because their investment is far greater than any figure on a balance sheet could ever represent.

The only answer to this is to ensure that it fails in its objective to create a cash cow for the parties concerned. Not a penny should go to any club including that supports this folly or broadcaster or commercial partner that enables it.  No discussion online should be possible without the voice of those whose heritage is being taken from them being heard. No potential sponsor should be under any illusion that their involvement will not be portrayed in the most negative form possible. No quarter should be expected or given until this ill conceived venture is dead and buried and an apology extended to the fans whose interests and emotional and financial investment have been ignored.

The separation of Liverpool FC, it's fans, it's history, it's proud heritage, from those that would seek to profit from the destruction of our national sport needs to take place.  At some point they will learn that legal ownership of an entity is meaningless if the bedrock on which it's based has shifted and the unity which those banners at Anfield proudly boast of is shattered.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 04:19:13 pm »
Can we get a co-ordinated and daily series of emails/tweets to sponsors telling them we will boycott the club and sponsor products if this happens?

Have to hurt FSG and sponsors where it matters.

They can't ignore it if they have 10,000 plus emails coming in at them in a sustained way.

All they care about is money, they don't care about fans. Liverpool Football Club is in the wrong hands.

(I think that was the first line from our last mobilisation)
JFT97

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 04:22:30 pm »
Brilliant this.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2021, 04:23:31 pm »
We gonna email their sponsorship email en masse or is that a bit rum?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2021, 04:25:02 pm »
We gonna email their sponsorship email en masse or is that a bit rum?

Social media too.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2021, 04:26:35 pm »
If there are proper embedded links for each sponsor for all their platforms - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and any company contact forms/pages/email addresses, they can be organised by company in this thread or elsewhere.

A decision can be taken on the how and when to do it, but getting the resources organised would be the first step, this can then be shared widely to other Liverpool sites and to the other English clubs. :wave

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 04:27:06 pm »
If there are proper embedded links for each sponsor for all their platforms - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and any company contact forms/pages/email addresses, they can be organised by company in this thread or elsewhere.

A decision can be taken on the how and when to do it, but getting the resources organised would be the first step, this can then be shared widely to other Liverpool sites and to the other English clubs. :wave

Let's get to work!
JFT97

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 04:31:00 pm »
Holly Frontier Lubricants & Specialties  :-*

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 04:31:09 pm »
Taking to the streets is tricky due to social distancing. But I do think preventing games from going ahead could be a way to go. Block the roads around the ground on match days so the teams can't get in and have clear signs to FSG that this is going to happen for every game they try and broadcast. Games that don't take place can't be broadcast = no broadcast fees. Make it impossible for them to play games in the city. 

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 04:43:59 pm by MichaelA »
JFT97

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2021, 04:31:39 pm »
Vodafone

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2021, 04:31:49 pm »
Ugis

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2021, 04:31:54 pm »
Lavazza

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2021, 04:33:08 pm »
TV Subscriptions

BT Sport

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2021, 04:33:18 pm »
TV Subscriptions

Sky Sports

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2021, 04:33:43 pm »
Some of these sound like you are making up words for Scrabble or something.  ;D

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
JFT97

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2021, 04:36:08 pm »
JFT97

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2021, 04:38:43 pm »
Who are the big names that JWH follows on Twitter?
Give them a hiding so they distance themselves from the agro he brings.

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2021, 04:39:40 pm »
Who are the big names that JWH follows on Twitter?
Give them a hiding so they distance themselves from the agro he brings.

Also the bank underwriting all of this shit

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
JFT97

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 04:42:00 pm by MichaelA »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2021, 04:41:46 pm »

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
JFT97

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2021, 04:43:00 pm »
We also need some basic template messages for people to follow, relevant to the platform that they use to make their comments.

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
JFT97

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
JFT97

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2021, 04:50:44 pm »
Some are generic press contact emails but I was able to get a few Marketing executives emails from https://rocketreach.co. I'm not sure how reliable the personal emails are but it's worth a try.

Nike - media.europe@nike.com; media.relations@nike.com

Standard Chartered - sonia.rossetti@sc.com (Sonia Rossetti - MD, Regional Head, Corporate Affairs, Brand and Marketing Europe and Americas)

Carslberg - robbie.millar@carlsberggroup.com; robbiemillar@yahoo.co.uk (Robbie Millar – VP Global Marketing)

Expedia - aprice@expedia.com (Aaron Price - Marketing Operations, Chief Marketing Officer)

Mauritius Tourist Board - mtpa@intnet.mu

AXA - tim@axa.com; yorketim@gmail.com (Tim Yorke - Chief Operating Officer, AXA Commercial)

MG Motors - david.pugh@mg.co.uk; dpugh@mg.co.uk (David Pugh - Marketing Director)

Beiersdorf - Consumer.Relations.UK@Beiersdorf.com;

Vodafone - nikos.vlachopoulos@vodafone.com (Nikos Vlachopoulos - Global Marketing & Brand Director)

Holly Frontier - drew.spence@hollyfrontier.com (Drew Spence - Vice President, Product Supply & Marketing)

TigerWit - tim@tigerwit.com (Tim Hughes - Commercial Director)

Lavezza - pressoffice@lavazza.com

Quorn - quorn@taylorherring.com (PR firm Taylor Herring handles their PR and social media)

Cadbury - ukpressoffice@mdlz.com

Acronis - Et@acronis.com

« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 05:33:02 pm by Marty 85 »

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
JFT97

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2021, 04:53:24 pm »
Just started to contact the CEOs if possible. Shows how things have changed since the first cowboys as our 'family of partners' is so much larger now.

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
JFT97

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2021, 04:56:49 pm »
Twitter and Social Media seems to be the best way to go about this for maximum exposure and helps gain momentum. For those of us not signed up to social media platforms, here's a few emails instead.

media.europe@nike.com; shaun.gamble@sc.com;  media.relations@nike.com; josephine.wong@sc.com; julie.gibson@sc.com  robbie.millar@carlsberggroup.com; robbiemillar@yahoo.co.uk; aprice@expedia.com; mtpa@intnet.mu; tim@axa.com; yorketim@gmail.com; david.pugh@mg.co.uk; dpugh@mg.co.uk; Consumer.Relations.UK@Beiersdorf.com; nikos.vlachopoulos@vodafone.com; drew.spence@hollyfrontier.com;tim@tigerwit.com; jesswalker1988@hotmail.com; pressoffice@lavazza.com; quorn@taylorherring.com; ukpressoffice@mdlz.com; Et@acronis.com

Great work - would encourage everyone to do both social media and direct emails.

If we can co-ordinate this stuff after letting a wider audience know, all the better.
JFT97

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2021, 05:00:17 pm »
JFT97

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter