Author Topic: J League  (Read 925 times)

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
J League
« on: February 27, 2021, 08:08:00 am »
New Season starts this weekend. Does anybody watch it?

Found out yesterday that you can watch it for free on Free Sports so probably going to dip in this year.

Currently watching Vissel Kobe vs Gamba Osaka.

They have fans in the ground, maybe around 10'000 there. Kobe's kit is lovely.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: J League
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 08:52:53 am »
Once saw Tokyo Verdy v Shimizu S Pulse.
It was years ago, but remember atmosphere being good if a bit ultra led, but it added to what was a pretty average game.
Beer was delivered to seats, and at the end stewards held open bin bags for your rubbish at the end of the rows. Then another steward bowed and said thanks for coming.

Really glad to have experienced it, I’m sure others do the same but I’ll, always try to take in a game if I get the chance.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 09:06:15 am »
Once saw Tokyo Verdy v Shimizu S Pulse.
It was years ago, but remember atmosphere being good if a bit ultra led, but it added to what was a pretty average game.
Beer was delivered to seats, and at the end stewards held open bin bags for your rubbish at the end of the rows. Then another steward bowed and said thanks for coming.

Really glad to have experienced it, I’m sure others do the same but I’ll, always try to take in a game if I get the chance.

I've never been to Japan but have wanted to go for a long time. Would love to see a match over there, maybe when covid dies down a bit I'll look into it.

Half-time now. 0-0 and a bit of a stalemate. Kobe dominated the for the first 30 mins and played some really good football but (similar to Liverpool a lot this season) have struggled to break down Osaka who are looking to soak it up and hit them on the break. Osaka have had the better chances. No Iniesta for Kobe - presuming injured as he's not on the bench. Feel he might have been the tipping point when Kobe were dominating. Osaka finish the half the stronger team. Kobe have a really good press and very tidy midfield that keep possesion in tight spots.

The atmosphere is good at times - ultra led - with a decent hardcore behind the goal with drums trying to keep things going - at points it goes almost silent when they aren't on it and you can hear the eary sound of crows echoing around the ground. Don't think full crowds are allowed back yet. Could do with Kobe getting a goal to spark the game into life a bit and encourage Osaka to come out a bit more.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 10:04:45 am »
Good work for watching the footy. Probably less frustrating that watching the domestic stuff.

Deffo go if you get the chance. It’s an amazing place on so many levels apart from the footy.
I went in October which avoided the worst of the humidity which I believe can be unbearable.

Offline Smellytrabs

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 10:08:59 am »
Vissel Kobe 1 Gamba Osaka 0 - FT

Broke out into a decent game around the 60 minute mark. Osaka came out stronger in the 2nd half. Maekawa in goal for Kobe kept them in it with some good stops. He'd apparently done a bit of a Karius for them in the Asian CL in his last game so nice to see him play well. Kobe pressed and had some good chances. Furuhashi of Kobe cracked the crossbar from outside the box after a great run, then around 10 minutes later went 1 on 1 with the keeper following a defensive error. The keeper was begging to be chipped but Furuhashi looked to panic and tried to square it resulting the move breaking down. Wasted opportunity. Furuhashi got his goal at 79 minutes with a delightful lob after being put through with a superb ball from Yamaguchi, deep in the Kobe midfield. Yamaguchi was excellent all game, a lovely footballer to watch - composed and intelligent, can ghost past players and uses the ball really well. Kobe fought hard to see the game out giving them their first win over Osaka since 2016.

Offline Smellytrabs

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 10:10:13 am »
Good work for watching the footy. Probably less frustrating that watching the domestic stuff.

Deffo go if you get the chance. It’s an amazing place on so many levels apart from the footy.
I went in October which avoided the worst of the humidity which I believe can be unbearable.

Cheers. Yeah, nice distraction from the PL at the minute.