Author Topic: Ligue 1  (Read 122826 times)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ligue 1
« Reply #800 on: May 24, 2021, 07:39:40 am »
Everyone said the poch is guaranteed success now hes off to psg . Even Emery won the league there.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: May 24, 2021, 08:09:35 am »
How many pts were they behind the leaders when he started?

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: May 24, 2021, 08:19:50 am »
Did Lyon miss out on the Champions League then? Maybe makes Aouar a tad cheaper.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: May 24, 2021, 08:48:01 am »

1. So it was very much "as you were".

He did improve their PPG though from 2.05 to 2.24.

And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: May 24, 2021, 08:51:29 am »

1 point behind after 17 games.

21 games later they were still 1 point behind.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #805 on: May 24, 2021, 10:42:45 am »
So Spurs really are the Everton of the south. Look what happens once Spurs touch you
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #806 on: May 24, 2021, 10:46:53 am »
Lille - Wow! Over the moon with this.

I wonder whether it is cheaper to travel to Lille and watch a game than it is to travel to Liverpool or Wembley to watch a game.....

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #807 on: May 24, 2021, 10:59:25 am »
Isn't that where 60,000 Everton fans are still stuck? Would avoid it myself
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: May 24, 2021, 11:18:56 am »
Did Lyon miss out on the Champions League then? Maybe makes Aouar a tad cheaper.
yeah them, Napoli and Leicester were losers of the CL this weekend all playing at home.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #809 on: June 3, 2021, 01:55:02 pm »
Ligue 1 will only have 18 teams beginning in 23/24

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: June 11, 2021, 06:09:27 pm »
https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1403360084416155652

Breaking | Amazon have won the majority of the rights to Ligue 1 & Ligue 2 for 2021-24!

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #811 on: June 12, 2021, 05:25:32 pm »
https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1403360084416155652

This basically trashes the league.  They’re paying less than Canal is but for 8 games per week vs 2 for Canal.  Canal therefore is trying cancel their deal which would mean Ligue 1 would just be left with Amazon ‘s money which is less than half the bullshit MediaPro deal that started this whole thing.

It’s going to be Neymar and Mbappe against a bunch of amateurs at this rate.  But at least with no FFP Qatar doesn’t have to come up with more bullshit tourism deals for PSG to offset these TV losses.....

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: June 12, 2021, 09:41:29 pm »
This basically trashes the league.  They’re paying less than Canal is but for 8 games per week vs 2 for Canal.  Canal therefore is trying cancel their deal which would mean Ligue 1 would just be left with Amazon ‘s money which is less than half the bullshit MediaPro deal that started this whole thing.

It’s going to be Neymar and Mbappe against a bunch of amateurs at this rate.  But at least with no FFP Qatar doesn’t have to come up with more bullshit tourism deals for PSG to offset these TV losses.....

Only Neymar only plays about 50% of the matches and Mbappe will be at Liverpool
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #813 on: July 6, 2021, 04:42:59 pm »
Get French Football News
@GFFN
BeIN Sports are refusing to make the opening €7.5m payment due for the 2021/22 Ligue 2 rights, claiming this is too much - this move by the Qatari-owned company could have wider consequences for their €332m/yr contract held for Ligue 1 games this season.

Yeessh.  I think two clubs are in administration already?  Someone needs to do a summary about how Ligue 1 will even function this season as it doesn't seem like they'll have any money but the one Amazon deal.

Also to note the Chairman of BeIN is also the head of the ECA.  LOL.

Online OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #814 on: July 8, 2021, 01:08:50 pm »
Ramos confirmed at PSG: https://twitter.com/SergioRamos/status/1413062358197489664

They are hoping to sew up Donnarumna too, that'd be a hell of a tricolore to bring in on Bosmans.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: August 1, 2021, 07:07:31 pm »
French super cup live on BT sport at the moment, nice full stadium in that famous French city of....Tel Aviv  ???

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #816 on: August 1, 2021, 07:45:50 pm »
French super cup live on BT sport at the moment, nice full stadium in that famous French city of....Tel Aviv  ???

They do that regularly in Italy and Spain now too, I think. Fucking crazy stuff, depressing really even if it is only the national equivalent of the community shield.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: August 1, 2021, 07:49:41 pm »
I noticed Sanches is not playing for Lille.

I know Mbappe isnt too !

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #818 on: August 1, 2021, 11:26:39 pm »
So no trophy for Poch, again. Wonder how long he'll last.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: August 1, 2021, 11:38:49 pm »
So no trophy for Poch, again. Wonder how long he'll last.

They won the French Cup under him last season, and this was the French equivalent to the charity shield. I doubt he is arsed about losing a pre season friendly.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #820 on: August 2, 2021, 12:15:25 am »
They won the French Cup under him last season, and this was the French equivalent to the charity shield. I doubt he is arsed about losing a pre season friendly.

I doubt he's completely blasé about it either, since he failed to win the league. This is the first time they've lost this fixture since, what, 2012?
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #821 on: August 2, 2021, 02:45:49 am »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: August 8, 2021, 09:32:18 pm »
Ref's walked off the pitch after bottles thrown on the pitch during Montpellier v Marseille - match suspended after 88 minutes.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #823 on: August 10, 2021, 12:09:26 pm »
So when do we think Poch will be fired and replaced by Zidane? I'm guessing some time between the last 16 and quarter finals of this season's Champions League. March 24th is my under/over.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: August 10, 2021, 12:26:36 pm »
So when do we think Poch will be fired and replaced by Zidane? I'm guessing some time between the last 16 and quarter finals of this season's Champions League. March 24th is my under/over.

Would be an interesting move for someone who idolised Olympique de Marseille when he was growing up.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #825 on: August 10, 2021, 02:18:51 pm »
So what’s PSG’s XI going to be?

Mbappe, Messi, Neymar, Gini…

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: August 10, 2021, 02:22:47 pm »
Donnaruma
Hakimi
Ramos
Marquinhos
?(Not sure on Left Back)

Veratti
Wijnaldum
Parades

Messi
Mbappe
Neymar

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: August 10, 2021, 03:24:46 pm »
I doubt he's completely blasé about it either, since he failed to win the league. This is the first time they've lost this fixture since, what, 2012?

2017.  Do you not remember?  It was the year after Leics won the PL as Monaco got to the CL semis (after winning a group with Spurs in, relegating them to the Europa) because Mbappe

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: August 10, 2021, 03:38:31 pm »
Seen someone call PSG a French MK Don's with loudspeakers, and it ain't wrong. Joke league, only one European Cup between the lot of them, and even that was won by cheats who enjoyed a fixed game or two.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #829 on: August 10, 2021, 03:46:41 pm »
Donnaruma
Hakimi
Ramos
Marquinhos
?(Not sure on Left Back)

Veratti
Wijnaldum
Parades

Messi
Mbappe
Neymar
I don't think Ramos will so easily replace Kimpembe....

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: August 11, 2021, 12:11:37 am »
Seen someone call PSG a French MK Don's with loudspeakers, and it ain't wrong. Joke league, only one European Cup between the lot of them, and even that was won by cheats who enjoyed a fixed game or two.

That is unfair - PSG were quite literally the first proper professional team in the French capital, setup in 1970,  and weren't controversial at that time.  Before that, Parisians didn't have anyone to support, and the whole city embraced them.  If you look at other succesful French clubs, it's not like many  were that much older - Lyons were founded in 1950, Nantes in 1943, Lille in 1944, Montpelier in 1974 - all clubs that have woone the league in the past 20-5 years.  I don't really see the difference between 1950 and 1970 given that. 

MK Dons on the other hand were a team from London, where the owners decided they didn't like the location and against everyone's wish they moved them 50 miles away and tried to pretend they were the same team.  To the point that all the fans have set up their *own* club, in their old neighbourhood, and support them.

The fact that PSG have now been bought by an oil state, and are used almost as a sport-washing doesn't mean that comparison is similar. 

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #831 on: August 11, 2021, 03:06:37 am »
That is unfair - PSG were quite literally the first proper professional team in the French capital, setup in 1970,  and weren't controversial at that time.  Before that, Parisians didn't have anyone to support, and the whole city embraced them.

Red Star FC may have something to say on that mate - founded in 1897 and are France's 2nd oldest team, they play in Paris (used to play next to the Eiffel Tower), are founder members of Ligue 1, and 5 time winners of the French Cup. They first became professional back in 1930.

Top bunch of lads and fans too.

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2017/12/21/the-other-side-of-paris - ('The Other Side of Paris')

https://outsidewrite.co.uk/football-travel-red-star-fc-paris - ('Football Travel: Red Star FC, Paris')

www.nssmag.com/en/sports/24549/red-star-fc-david-bellion-interview - ('How Red Star F.C. became a landmark on the suburb of Paris')

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2015/06/30/red-star-paris-the-other-parisian-club - ('Red Star FC; the other Parisian club' article)

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/s/red-star-paris - ('Red Star Paris' article)

www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36195987 (2016 article - 'The football club founded by Jules Rimet battles its way back')

'Plus Qu'un Club | The Incredible Story Of Red Star FC' - a 12 minute video at the 'AC Joe' youtube channel:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LSxFY8p2avg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LSxFY8p2avg</a>

'Red Star FC: A Night Out At Paris's Oldest Football Club' - an 11 minute video at the The Tim Traveller youtube channel:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Dr2bWstzqAE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Dr2bWstzqAE</a>

'Ultra France : Red Star FC' - a 6 minute video at the Lem20 youtube channel:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/o9Yuh8Lri04" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/o9Yuh8Lri04</a>

'Paris's other famous club - Red Star FC' - a 7 minute video from FIFA in 2014:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mGFTRqfnyIE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mGFTRqfnyIE</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/mGFTRqfnyIE

www.redstar.fr : https://twitter.com/redstarfc : www.facebook.com/RedStarFC.Officiel : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Star_F.C. : www.flashscore.co.uk/team/red-star/2kM6ufaS

« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 02:33:04 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: August 11, 2021, 08:24:09 am »
Donnaruma
Hakimi
Ramos
Marquinhos
?(Not sure on Left Back)

Veratti
Wijnaldum
Parades

Messi
Mbappe
Neymar

I still think the English clubs beat this with ease, none of that front 3 are working hard to win the ball back. Which is fine for 80% of their season, but not against the big teams in Europe.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: August 11, 2021, 08:37:00 am »
I still think the English clubs beat this with ease, none of that front 3 are working hard to win the ball back. Which is fine for 80% of their season, but not against the big teams in Europe.

You’d better bring goals though because that team will do damage against anybody.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: August 11, 2021, 08:47:31 am »
I hope Gini has got his running boots on next season for them.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #835 on: August 11, 2021, 08:52:43 am »
Don't think Real Madrid will like PSG being called Les Galactiques these days

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #836 on: August 11, 2021, 08:58:11 am »

They need some luck with the draw in the CL. They'd have had to beat City and Chelsea last year and that was after knocking out Bayern, who were the one non-PL team who were any good last season. The year before they reached the final without beating anyone of note but fell short against a better Bayern team.

If you look at PSG-City last year Mbappe wasn't fit which cost them. They battered City in the first half but didn't put their chances away and then rolled over in the second half. That's in their DNA. They've always got a really bad half in them (Barca 6-1).

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: August 11, 2021, 09:01:51 am »
I hope Gini has got his running boots on next season for them.

They look a bit like post-Makelele Real Madrid circa 2003. All stars and tricks but who's going to do the dirty work off the ball? That's not Gini's game either. He went badly off the boil last season when he was put as a 6 without Hendo and Fabinho in there.

It won't matter in France for the most part but in big CL games they'll come unstuck.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: August 11, 2021, 10:26:14 am »
They look a bit like post-Makelele Real Madrid circa 2003. All stars and tricks but who's going to do the dirty work off the ball? That's not Gini's game either. He went badly off the boil last season when he was put as a 6 without Hendo and Fabinho in there.

It won't matter in France for the most part but in big CL games they'll come unstuck.

Yep, even the defence is hardly scary to compensate for the lack of help from the front 3. Maybe I am wrong on Hakimi but from the snippets I've saw, he seems to be a front foot defender. Ramos is aging and Bernat is just good. They will be very fun to watch though thats for certain.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: August 11, 2021, 10:30:21 am »
Yep, even the defence is hardly scary to compensate for the lack of help from the front 3. Maybe I am wrong on Hakimi but from the snippets I've saw, he seems to be a front foot defender. Ramos is aging and Bernat is just good. They will be very fun to watch though thats for certain.

Trying to offload the likes of Gueye and Herrera as well and they'll be the kind of players needed to balance the midfield and attack.