Author Topic: General Election on June 8th  (Read 416892 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: General Election on June 8th
« Reply #2920 on: May 15, 2017, 03:33:31 am »
So the Tories are going to offer a years unpaid leave if you want to care for a family member.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4505416/Your-right-time-sick-relative-needs-care.html#comments

Which poses a number of questions.

1. What happens at the end of the year if your family member still needs care and you have to go back to work?

2. What will these free carers use to live on and pay the bills for a year will they be able to claim all state benefits etc?

3. How will the company deal with losing a worker for a year and will your job still be guarantee after the year?

4. Will the family member be sent to a ATOS like test to prove they need a carer?

5. If not won't people who can afford a year off. just think I will take a year off and tell them Im looking after a family member?
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2921 on: May 15, 2017, 09:12:44 am »

As YouGov put it:

@YouGov
In short, those parties focusing on Remain voters are casting their rods into a small pond while the Conservatives fish in a massive lake

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2922 on: May 15, 2017, 09:21:37 am »
See that's the thing about being strongly anti Brexit. The strongly pro-EU folks were always a minority in comparison to the strongly anti-EU folks, and the people who didn't really have their mind made up either way - and now just think the result should be respected. That's why Leave ended up winning after all.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:20:45 am by Bakez0151 »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2923 on: May 15, 2017, 09:34:52 am »
Why doesn't that diagram show those that voted leave but have changed their minds?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2924 on: May 15, 2017, 09:46:12 am »
Why doesn't that diagram show those that voted leave but have changed their minds?

Maybe there aren't as many as we thought? It must be in the raw data.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #2925 on: May 15, 2017, 09:49:26 am »
Graph shows some of the hard remainers as UKIP voters, how big a numpty do you have to be to do that?
Legacy fan

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #2926 on: May 15, 2017, 10:22:59 am »
Graph shows some of the hard remainers as UKIP voters, how big a numpty do you have to be to do that?

It's the changed political landscape. Labour are having wade through landmines to keep as many people onside as possible.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #2927 on: May 15, 2017, 10:39:28 am »

There's nothing much in any polling I've seen to indicate that there has been a significant move of opinion since the vote from Leave to Remain

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2928 on: May 15, 2017, 10:45:32 am »

The question wasn't posed that way:

People were asked which of three groups best fitted their position.

This is the result as a gif:

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2929 on: May 15, 2017, 11:38:39 am »
Westminster voting intention:

CON: 48% (+1)
LAB: 30% (-)
LDEM: 8% (+1)
UKIP: 4% (-)

(via @Survation / 12 - 13 May)

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2930 on: May 15, 2017, 11:58:44 am »
New website to stop the Tories.  I remain ever the optimist.

Though the website sounds like when I go for a shit in an all-you-can-eat to fit more in.

https://www.tactical2017.com
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2931 on: May 15, 2017, 12:01:22 pm »
See that's the thing about being strongly anti Brexit. The strongly pro-EU folks were always a minority in comparison to the strongly anti-EU folks, and the people who didn't really have their mind made up either way - and now just think the result should be respected. That's why Leave ended up winning after all.
You may well be right about the doubters and some stay voters being won over but this is only down to a Tory government and right wing media propaganda convincing them to get behind the country rather than question the motives and logic of the Torys governments Brexit.
I don't think many people gave that much thought about Brexit to it till UKIP came along. now suddenly everyone hates the EU, we've seen it time and time again since the ref result. people arguing how strongly they feel about getting rid of these EU rules and regulations but being unable to quote one example to justify their opinion.
I see Corbyn has come out and said we must have control over FOM yet he's arguing how vital it is to get full access to the SM. so what would he do when the EU refuse to allow us to have control over FOM. the choices are, go for a hard Brexit or accept FOM giving us a soft Brexit, maybe another referendum to let the public decide. he has to lay his cards out on the table and stop sitting on the fence.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/jeremy-corbyn-finally-accepts-brexit-10424465
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2932 on: May 15, 2017, 12:33:23 pm »
The latest Guardian/ICM polling figures are out, and although they show a very modest reduction in the Conservative lead over the last seven days, the overall picture remains the same; the Tory lead remains massive, the poll suggests.

Here are the figures.

Conservatives: 48% (down 1 from Guardian/ICM a week ago)

Labour: 28% (up 1)

Lib Dems: 10% (up 1)

Ukip: 6% (no change)

Greens: 3% (no change)

Conservative lead: 20 points (down 2)

And this is what Martin Boon, ICM’s director, is saying about them.

In a week when the eagerly awaited but already much discussed manifesto’s drop, Theresa May can head into it confident that her poll lead is largely impregnable. While other polls of late have seen Labour increase its share into the 30s, (beyond the share that both Gordon Brown and Ed Miliband secured), ICM still puts Jeremy Corbyn’s party on 28% (which is up one-point compared to the Guardian’s last poll earlier this month.

The question as to why ICM has consistently lower Labour shares than other pollster is fairly easy to identify – our turnout weighting mechanism is doing exactly the job we intended it to, reducing the power in the sample of those historically less likely to vote in general elections, and doing the reverse for those typically most likely to vote. Other methodological adjustments do, of course, leave their own imprint - sometimes underpinning and sometimes counter-balancing the turnout weight, but turnout weighting is undoubtedly pivotal to our headline numbers.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2933 on: May 15, 2017, 12:56:35 pm »
Worth noting that I caught something on the radio this weekend saying that internal party polling from both parties shows that labour will do very well to get those figures in the election.  The suggest was that 25% was morec realistic..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2934 on: May 15, 2017, 02:32:26 pm »
May tried another walk about.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/M00594_WY2o&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/M00594_WY2o&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2935 on: May 15, 2017, 02:51:02 pm »
The Conservatives are going to get nearly all the UKIP votes. The Brexit vote is powerful.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2936 on: May 15, 2017, 03:00:25 pm »
You may well be right about the doubters and some stay voters being won over but this is only down to a Tory government and right wing media propaganda convincing them to get behind the country rather than question the motives and logic of the Torys governments Brexit.
I don't think many people gave that much thought about Brexit to it till UKIP came along. now suddenly everyone hates the EU, we've seen it time and time again since the ref result. people arguing how strongly they feel about getting rid of these EU rules and regulations but being unable to quote one example to justify their opinion.
I see Corbyn has come out and said we must have control over FOM yet he's arguing how vital it is to get full access to the SM. so what would he do when the EU refuse to allow us to have control over FOM. the choices are, go for a hard Brexit or accept FOM giving us a soft Brexit, maybe another referendum to let the public decide. he has to lay his cards out on the table and stop sitting on the fence.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/jeremy-corbyn-finally-accepts-brexit-10424465

The spineless c*nt has finally come out with that then. He was reportedly set to do that during his relaunch as the British Trump at the start of the year but it wasn't mentioned in the speech he actually delivered.

His supporters will use this to defend further his pro-Brexit stance and evidence that he's reaching out to those infamous Labour Northern vulnerable-to-UKIP voters but from what I've read, those voters have long dismissed him as a looney, "open borders" liberal and are probably voting Tory anyway. He's therefore betraying his principles for nothing.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2937 on: May 15, 2017, 03:00:31 pm »
Looks like the whole village of Hebden Bridge come out to see Jeremy today did a speech in a packed hall then had to do another one to the huge crowd outside.

https://twitter.com/LabourEoin/status/864117098464890880
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:02:56 pm by Trada »

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #2938 on: May 15, 2017, 03:11:39 pm »
Looks like the whole village of Hebden Bridge come out to see Jeremy today did a speech in a packed hall then had to do another one to the huge crowd outside.

He's just skipped the election and gone straight onto the next leadership contest, hasn't he?

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2939 on: May 15, 2017, 03:26:44 pm »

Preaching to the choir though, as ever.

All these statuses about how May gets less people at her 'rallies' - doesn't matter one tiny little fuck, because anyone who turns up at a Corbyn rally is already a Labour voter - May doesn't care if people come out to see her because she's already got 40% of the electorates vote. The 'already voting Labour' crowd is worth fuck all, because its not these people Corbyn needs to convert, is it.

Its going to be a bloodbath.

get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2940 on: May 15, 2017, 03:41:56 pm »

Hurrah for Hebden Bridge!

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 48% (+1)
LAB: 30% (-)
LDEM: 8% (+1)
UKIP: 4% (-)

(via @Survation / 12 - 13 May)
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2941 on: May 15, 2017, 03:44:37 pm »
My finger is aching from the number of times I have pressed the unhappy face during Mays live Facebook chat.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #2942 on: May 15, 2017, 03:46:10 pm »
My finger is aching from the number of times I have pressed the unhappy face during Mays live Facebook chat.
This will almost certainly ensure a Labour win on June 8th.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2943 on: May 15, 2017, 03:46:39 pm »

You know this doesn't make one iota of difference in the real world, don't you?

It's like playing the shittest video game ever.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #2944 on: May 15, 2017, 03:49:23 pm »
May tried another walk about.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/M00594_WY2o&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/M00594_WY2o&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

"I'm living on £25 a week because your new assessment system removed my disability benefits"
"We're making sure the money goes to those in need, which doesn't include you Cathy - even though you have a mild learning disability, previously had support to help you live independently, and are now expected to live on £25 a week."

Not the nasty party.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2945 on: May 15, 2017, 04:22:07 pm »
You know this doesn't make one iota of difference in the real world, don't you?

It's like playing the shittest video game ever.

I know but it cheered me up

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2946 on: May 15, 2017, 04:24:50 pm »
Jeremy doing a election Rally in Leeds soon police have had to close down roads because 100's of people have turned up.

https://twitter.com/BBCJamesVincent/status/864134489374691328

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2947 on: May 15, 2017, 04:26:35 pm »

Did Bernard Ingham turn up then? ;)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2948 on: May 15, 2017, 04:30:04 pm »
Jeremy doing a election Rally in Leeds soon police have had to close down roads because 100's of people have turned up.

https://twitter.com/BBCJamesVincent/status/864134489374691328

What is the point in posting these, really? We already know that Corbyn is more than capable of giving speeches to his supporters. If you were posting material that showed him debating with people that don't necessarily agree with him or trying to win over undecided voters that'd be welcomed I'm sure.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2949 on: May 15, 2017, 04:32:15 pm »
What is the point in posting these, really? We already know that Corbyn is more than capable of giving speeches to his supporters. If you were posting material that showed him debating with people that don't necessarily agree with him or trying to win over undecided voters that'd be welcomed I'm sure.

Sadly that won't happen as he doesn't do it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2950 on: May 15, 2017, 04:33:07 pm »
The spineless c*nt has finally come out with that then. He was reportedly set to do that during his relaunch as the British Trump at the start of the year but it wasn't mentioned in the speech he actually delivered.

His supporters will use this to defend further his pro-Brexit stance and evidence that he's reaching out to those infamous Labour Northern vulnerable-to-UKIP voters but from what I've read, those voters have long dismissed him as a looney, "open borders" liberal and are probably voting Tory anyway. He's therefore betraying his principles for nothing.
10 months on from the referendum and we still don't know what he would do over Brexit. he knows we wont get what he wants without accepting FOM yet he's still trying to get Labour voters to support his view on Brexit, he might as well come out with it and say he cant see us getting what we want from the EU and if we dont then I will go for a hard Brexit, why is he so reluctant to tell voters the hard facts on Brexit.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2951 on: May 15, 2017, 04:44:09 pm »

I thought this was the Election thread and this is part of the election.

What am I missing?

You could just skip past the post.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2952 on: May 15, 2017, 04:45:13 pm »
He's just skipped the election and gone straight onto the next leadership contest, hasn't he?
Most of his critics within The Labour Party are still fighting the first Leadership Election things didn't change during the EU referendum and it won't change for a General Election either.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #2953 on: May 15, 2017, 04:50:47 pm »
Theresa May saying she's against the legalization of cannabis because "It would have too much impact on people in terms of drug use - and mental health."

You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2954 on: May 15, 2017, 04:55:48 pm »
Love the fact that Jeremy sent May a question during the live Facebook chat and Peston asked her to answer it.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:01:35 pm by Trada »

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2955 on: May 15, 2017, 04:59:11 pm »

Wowing Labour supporting crowds - I cant believe it, victory is just around the corner !

This comment just about sums it up

"Thats nice but big cheering crowds in Labour towns don't win elections. Im sure it'll make Jeremy feel loved but he'll still suffer a defeat"

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2956 on: May 15, 2017, 05:16:00 pm »
I know but it cheered me up

Fair enough. ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2957 on: May 15, 2017, 05:23:27 pm »
Exactly what it is.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2958 on: May 15, 2017, 05:24:15 pm »
Love the fact that Jeremy sent May a question during the live Facebook chat and Peston asked her to answer it.

Do you think it's right that his campaign is being run by a communist and  not a Labour Party person?
W

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #2959 on: May 15, 2017, 05:27:09 pm »

I thought this was the Election thread and this is part of the election.

What am I missing?

You could just skip past the post.

The bit where you write posts rather than cut and paste them. RAWK is not intended to be a news source, it is a discussion board, post a news story and comment on it. Preferably something more meaningful than I ♥ JC.