Author Topic: Watched  (Read 1380 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
Watched
« on: January 12, 2017, 09:25:18 AM »
It appears I got a 55% warning yesterday for 'abuse'. I didn't get a PM and genuinely cannot think what the hell I posted to abuse anyone.

Any chance the mod who gave it me can send me a message and just let me know if you don't mind?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
Re: Watched
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 09:27:30 AM »
In fact, was this because I jokingly replied to El Lobo in the Ibe thread saying 'Fuck off' and then making a joke about other members always questioning our youngsters? I'm guessing it is as was around that time and post appears to have been deleted.

Did the mod who gave me the warning actually read his post and my reply, because we were joking between us about people writing off our youngsters. There was certainly no abuse and think you'd find he'd confirm that.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 09:35:42 AM by CraigDace »

Offline Black and White Paul

• The Geordie with a Ho-Ho-Ho on the end of it
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 09:36:25 AM »
They don't always know if we are joking or not.   

Offline CraigDS

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 09:46:53 AM »
They don't always know if we are joking or not.

to be honest it seemed pretty obvious as we were both having a convo about others writing Ibe (and most our youth) off so they can then come back and say 'Oh I knew he wouldn't make it here'.

If you read his post, then my reply I'd be surprised how it could be taken in any other context but joking.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 09:57:07 AM »
to be honest it seemed pretty obvious as we were both having a convo about others writing Ibe (and most our youth) off so they can then come back and say 'Oh I knew he wouldn't make it here'.

If you read his post, then my reply I'd be surprised how it could be taken in any other context but joking.
Yeah, I know mate.

Has it been confirmed that this is the reason for you being watched though?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 10:02:09 AM »
Yeah, I know mate.

Has it been confirmed that this is the reason for you being watched though?

No idea mate, but given it's been deleted and I really don't think I've posted anything even close to being abusive that it must be.

Modding this site must be a fucking pain in the arse given it's size and the wide range of opinions fans can have, so get mistakes can happen. It's no big deal either as hasn't effected my ability to post, but I'd rather a 55% ban not be on there for what was two members obviously joking between each other.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:04:28 AM by CraigDace »

Offline SP

• Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 10:15:39 AM »
You post telling someone to fuck off, it is abuse. We have neither the time nor the inclination to try and divine the meaning behind the post, and whether you are mates with the recipient. RAWK is not a chat room. The offending post was on the main board, so does not even get the slacker treatment of the Boozer.

That said, the warning fell short of the level required to mute you, so there are no material consequences to it. Just think of it as a suspended sentence.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 10:22:01 AM »
You post telling someone to fuck off, it is abuse. We have neither the time nor the inclination to try and divine the meaning behind the post, and whether you are mates with the recipient. RAWK is not a chat room. The offending post was on the main board, so does not even get the slacker treatment of the Boozer.

I'd assume when handing out warnings context was taken into account? I mean reading my whole post (it was 2 lines long) would have made it clear the post was in jest - let alone reading the equally short post it was in reply to which would have made it even more clear.

As said, I'm fine with it as it doesn't mute me. However if RAWK is taking a line now that clearly joking posts between it's members are warnable offenses then this place is going to become a lot more serious.

Offline SP

• Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 10:32:27 AM »
I'd assume when handing out warnings context was taken into account? I mean reading my whole post (it was 2 lines long) would have made it clear the post was in jest - let alone reading the equally short post it was in reply to which would have made it even more clear.

As said, I'm fine with it as it doesn't mute me. However if RAWK is taking a line now that clearly joking posts between it's members are warnable offenses then this place is going to become a lot more serious.

The line is not joking post but that you told him to fuck off. We warn for abuse. And we have consistently defined telling someone to fuck off as abuse.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 10:35:27 AM »
The line is not joking post but that you told him to fuck off. We warn for abuse. And we have consistently defined telling someone to fuck off as abuse.

No worries mate.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 02:11:57 PM »
A question.

When one is being watched, does it go down by 1% per day?

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 02:27:56 PM »
A question.

When one is being watched, does it go down by 1% per day?

Yes, but it appears to decrease by 1% per complete day, so it takes longer than expected to start decreasing.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 02:38:47 PM »
Ahh, okay thank you.

I was watched, a few year ago now and I forgot how it worked.

Offline dalarr

• Call me sensitive
  • Believer
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 09:31:21 AM »

That said, the warning fell short of the level required to mute you, so there are no material consequences to it. Just think of it as a suspended sentence.
This could have been an email from the FA to Jose Mourinho

Offline Samie

• The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14 on: February 5, 2017, 03:35:03 PM »
So I know why I got the warning and i accept it but why are these posters (most of them newbies) allowed to get away with wumming and general stupidity? We all know who they are just get rid of them mods.

Offline Shady Craig

• Not the sharpest tool. 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15 on: February 5, 2017, 03:36:45 PM »
I hope to god that bionimial has been banned, 100% a manc going by yesterday.

Offline sms1986, please? Thanks!

• Seemingly Mindless Extremely Lippy Twat. Comes from Preston so is a bad fucking ted. Wool. RAWK Spoilsport.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16 on: February 5, 2017, 03:38:20 PM »
He's a Sunderland fan according to some people, he was banned from the official forums.

Offline Shady Craig

• Not the sharpest tool. 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #17 on: February 5, 2017, 03:43:13 PM »
Well whoever he really supports he's clearly on the wind up and should be gone.

Offline sms1986, please? Thanks!

• Seemingly Mindless Extremely Lippy Twat. Comes from Preston so is a bad fucking ted. Wool. RAWK Spoilsport.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #18 on: February 5, 2017, 03:44:50 PM »
That's definitely true.

Offline Samie

• The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #19 on: February 5, 2017, 06:03:02 PM »
Hope you mods are paying attention to this weeks Premier League games thread.  :D

Offline Crosby Road South and Nick

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. Well drilled at the back though..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20 on: February 5, 2017, 06:06:52 PM »
Hope you mods are paying attention to this weeks Premier League games thread.  :D

Barney's question was a perfectly valid one.
Fucking thick, inbred, bandy-legged, Kev Webster lookalike bellends.

Online not trying anymore. Don't care.

• Cross-dressing golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #21 on: February 5, 2017, 06:12:22 PM »
Yes, it was just a light hearted hypothetical question. I've done fuck all wrong. I think.

Offline Crosby Road South and Nick

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. Well drilled at the back though..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22 on: February 5, 2017, 06:14:45 PM »
Yes, it was just a light hearted hypothetical question. I've done fuck all wrong. I think.

I was joking you fuel.
Fucking thick, inbred, bandy-legged, Kev Webster lookalike bellends.

Online not trying anymore. Don't care.

• Cross-dressing golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #23 on: February 5, 2017, 06:15:45 PM »
I was joking you fuel.

Reported for accusing me of being a Manc

Offline Sarge

• Believer
  • Ahh Ha!!
« Reply #24 on: February 5, 2017, 06:41:00 PM »
Its all gone Pete Thong.
If you donít stand for something you will fall for anything.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #25 on: February 6, 2017, 12:33:24 PM »
Stop hijacking my thread losers.

Down to 30%  ;D

Offline Eel Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • I'm hot for you Patricia
« Reply #26 on: February 6, 2017, 05:27:17 PM »
I honestly feel like he should have been at least temporarily banned for telling me to fuck off.
Nine huh? Nine maverick bars....

Offline CraigDS

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #27 on: February 6, 2017, 06:34:18 PM »
I honestly feel like he should have been at least temporarily banned for telling me to fuck off.

Fu...

...nnily enough I do not agree with you.