Author Topic: Sakho available for £20m  (Read 19173 times)

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Believer
Re: Sakho available for £20m
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2017, 11:30:21 AM »
In a collective or team environment, treating someone more favourably or being more lenient can lead to resentment from the rest of the group. This in turn can destabilise the team dynamic and ultimately undermine the manager.

No one player is bigger than the team. The manager, and seemingly the player by way of his actions (or lack of them), has made his decision, Sahko will be leaving.

I don't know if you are staing a well known fact there; or trying to teach me something.

Of course I know this.

I wanted to say that Sakho leaving will be judged by the media as being a result of his actions 'off the ball'.
No matter what the manager says.

However, I hope that there are footballing reasons; even as simple as Klopp not fancying him, that lead to his departure.
He is a good player and I have enjoyed watching him.

Offline redk84

• Believer
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2017, 11:42:26 AM »
I wonder what would have been the reaction if Rodgers had stayed on and had done this..

Sakho is unlucky that he crossed a manager that is at the peak of popularity within the club, though it doesn't excuse any wrongdoings of his own.

Maybe under another manager and another time there could have been a way back but it isn't to be.

The best thing is for both parties to move on now.
Klavan/Lovren/Matip is fine for now, hope they stay fit for the rest of the season and I wish Sakho the best if he does go.....and I hope he does....I actually did like him as a defender and personality off the field.

We shouldn't lose too much on our investment on him
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Titi Camara

• Loves a bit of odd...
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2017, 11:59:45 AM »
So you wanted to say...
...that Sakho leaving will be judged by the media as being a result of his actions 'off the ball'.
No matter what the manager says.

However, I hope that there are footballing reasons; even as simple as Klopp not fancying him, that lead to his departure.
He is a good player and I have enjoyed watching him.
But you actually said this...
He fucked up.
SO what.

If Klopp likes him as a defender, he should stay.
If not, he goes.

If he does then I am sure the line from the club will be all about 'plans'.
You implied that regardless of his actions he should be retained if his footballing abilities are good enough. I stated that treatment of this kind would be preferential and not good for the collective. Simple as that!
Belief. Unity. Faith. Hope!

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • Kopite
  • da dum da dum, da dum, da dum da dum da dum ....
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2017, 12:02:40 PM »

*edit: And before anyone starts labelling me as a Sahko hater, I was a big fan of him when he was active and considered him the best defender in the club (until Matip joined). Very disappointed with his lack of professionalism. Disappointed and frustrated, especially when I start to imagine a defense with him and Matip at the heart of it. It is a lesson for the other players. Quality and talent counts for nought if it comes without respect towards the clubs, players, and your own self.

Good post, especially the bit above.

Online Die Nullfünfer

• Believer
  • Don’t think about it, just play football.
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2017, 12:16:44 PM »
I wonder what would have been the reaction if Rodgers had stayed on and had done this..

(snip)

It would have been used as a stick to beat him with, and that would have been wrong.

A few are siding with Sakho as it is, cos he's their favourite player,  so with Rodgers if it'd happened in the last season and a bit he was here, it would have been messy.

I can't remember that clearly the fall out of when Sakho walked out when he was dropped for the dreby game wasn't it?  But I don't remember it being that pleasant! Different senario I know, but if that was messy, you can imagine...

Regardless who the manager is, a player can't behave like this and expect all to be a-ok (yes, another circle!).
"If you only find football great when you win, you should stay at home. You have to accept that you can give everything and still lose.." Jürgen Klopp

Offline the good half

• Believer
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2017, 12:19:57 PM »

Made a comemnt and suddenly i'm in a debate.

All I said was that I hope Sakho is leaving for football terms; and not behavioural. And I lament the fact that no matter what Klopp says (or doesn't say), that's the way it'll be spun.
Shame he's leaving; I liked him.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:27:35 PM by the good half of xmas »

Online Eel Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • I'm hot for you Patricia
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2017, 12:30:13 PM »

All I said was that I hope Sakho is leaving for football terms; and not behavioural. And I lament the fact that no matter what Klopp says (or doesn't say), that's the way it'll be spun.

But he's not  ???
Nine huh? Nine maverick bars....

Offline the good half

• Believer
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2017, 12:35:56 PM »
Then I think that's a shame.
Message to rest of staff and players is bang on and rightly conducted. That behaviuor like this wont be tolerated.
Nevertheless, I think it's a shame.

PS. How do you know it's not just cause Klopp doesn't rate/like/trust him?
Honest question.

Online Die Nullfünfer

• Believer
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2017, 12:38:19 PM »

you are in a debate because you are making a statement that is making little sense to a few of us it seems. It's clear why he's leaving - crystal clear.

He was a regular in the team when fit, for sure Jürgen Klopp was  alaways bringing in a new central defender with Skrtel and Toure leaving, so Sakho may have ended up in a big fight for those top 2 places, but until he got in trouble firstly for the fat burner thing, then his other nonsense,  he was very much part of the plans.
"If you only find football great when you win, you should stay at home. You have to accept that you can give everything and still lose.." Jürgen Klopp

Offline the good half

• Believer
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2017, 12:48:52 PM »
you are in a debate because you are making a statement that is making little sense to a few of us it seems. It's clear why he's leaving - crystal clear.

He was a regular in the team when fit, for sure Jürgen Klopp was  alaways bringing in a new central defender with Skrtel and Toure leaving, so Sakho may have ended up in a big fight for those top 2 places, but until he got in trouble firstly for the fat burner thing, then his other nonsense,  he was very much part of the plans.
Fine. There's more to the story than I knew.
I didn't know Klopp had essentially based his descision to drop him on other circumstances. That's all.

I was aware of the pills thing, but had no idea about as you say, 'his other nonsense'.
I genuinelt felt that Klopp saw enough chinks in Sakho's armour to make his executive descision.

Obviously now, it's clear it IS infact his off fiels stuff that has brought the curtain down on him.
I wasn't aware of this; hence my honest question above.

Online Die Nullfünfer

• Believer
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2017, 03:34:59 PM »
Fine. There's more to the story than I knew.
I didn't know Klopp had essentially based his descision to drop him on other circumstances. That's all.

I was aware of the pills thing, but had no idea about as you say, 'his other nonsense'.
I genuinelt felt that Klopp saw enough chinks in Sakho's armour to make his executive descision.

Obviously now, it's clear it IS infact his off fiels stuff that has brought the curtain down on him.
I wasn't aware of this; hence my honest question above.

no worries :) The list of Sakho's indiscretions and lack of professionalism that has led to this, has been listed in this thread - a couple pages earlier!  I didn't want to repeat it, as the mods have been undestandibaly saying that the whole argument is going round in circles.

Offline the_red_pill

• Marvin the Alphabetically Challenged Android
  • Believer
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2017, 03:43:21 PM »
People keep defending him, then the other camp damn him. And so the merry go round continues.

Opposites attract, I'm afraid. In the same way one would naturally feel "attracted" to toilet paper after taking a dump.

Depending on the subject and the emotional investment, when the two extremes meet, it will most likely be a rough ride. Sort of like wiping your arse with sandpaper. Oh yeah- for some, it's gonna hurt badly. Others will stick in there. Those are the die hards!
Let's drink to him once more. He was a good Stalker.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Titi Camara

• Loves a bit of odd...
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2017, 04:08:25 PM »
If we can keep the personal insults to zero please, thanks :wave

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2017, 04:11:38 PM »

*grabs wrong end of stick* Who you calling a zero lad?  ;D

Online CraigDace

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2017, 04:13:04 PM »

You want us all to only insult Zero Zero? Not sure what he's done to deserve that, but OK...

Offline Titi Camara

• Loves a bit of odd...
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2017, 04:13:51 PM »
*grabs wrong end of stick* Who you calling a zero lad?  ;D
You want us all to only insult Zero Zero? Not sure what he's done to deserve that, but OK...

;D ;D ;D

Offline the_red_pill

• Marvin the Alphabetically Challenged Android
  • Believer
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2017, 04:14:26 PM »
Sorry. I didn't mean any personal insult at all. I didn't mention any names or affiliations, groups, genders, ages or anything. As far as anyone reading that is concerned- that's all of us and so it is. We're all arseholes and life's a biatch.

Then we die and go to hell..
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 04:17:13 PM by the_red_pill »
Let's drink to him once more. He was a good Stalker.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online CraigDace

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2017, 04:17:11 PM »

I've always found Sakho's form can blow a little hot and cold. Plus his attitude can be a little frosty sometimes.

Offline Titi Camara

• Loves a bit of odd...
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2017, 04:26:45 PM »
I've always found Sakho's form can blow a little hot and cold. Plus his attitude can be a little frosty sometimes.

;D ;D 8) :wave

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth". Idiot.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2017, 04:29:19 PM »

;D ;D 8) :wave
Nah, he won't even be a sub at Liverpool again.  ;)
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Titi Camara

• Loves a bit of odd...
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2017, 04:36:49 PM »
Nah, he won't even be a sub at Liverpool again.  ;)
I hear this guy is a bit of a ball-hog....maybe he could do well for us?

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Believer
  • pass and move.
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2017, 04:59:20 PM »
Interesting that Sakho has been bombed out for a series of unfortunate, but not life-threatening mistakes, while Bob Firmino was arrested for drink-driving, played the next day, and naught was heard about it from then on.

I suppose there is some hierarchy of misdeeds. Perhaps Sakho's actions were directly falling short on orders at work, while Firmino's is considered a non-work incident? Not sure.

"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Online Eel Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2017, 05:00:40 PM »
Interesting that Sakho has been bombed out for a series of unfortunate, but not life-threatening mistakes, while Bob Firmino was arrested for drink-driving, played the next day, and naught was heard about it from then on.

I suppose there is some hierarchy of misdeeds. Perhaps Sakho's actions were directly falling short on orders at work, while Firmino's is considered a non-work incident? Not sure.

Duh.

Offline Hazell

• Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2017, 05:58:55 PM »

He's not performing as Klopp wants him to perform.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Eel Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2017, 06:06:32 PM »
He's not performing as Klopp wants him to perform.

Its a good performance

Offline J-Mc-

• ateer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2017, 09:46:41 PM »
Shit show from Klavan and Lovren tonight shows just how fucking daft it is to not give him a final chance in the team.
The day the mod fell.

Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆ - "Paul said a 1000 years not a millenium ;)"
Les Willis - "I thought a 1000 years was a millenium..  ???"
Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆ - "Good point. Shit"

Offline M7 Heckler

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2017, 10:07:12 PM »
Shit show from Klavan and Lovren tonight shows just how fucking daft it is to not give him a final chance in the team.

I'd bin all 3 of them to be honest

Sakho is the best of the bunch but he's just not enough of a presence for a man his size. He fancies himself athletically against anyone to win the tackle or make the block. 8/10 strikers he comes up against it works for him, but the best strikers are quicker and smarter than him and his lack of bullying means he loses out. Also he can't seem to jump. Still, definitely my preferred partner to matip.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:10:13 PM by M7 Heckler »

Offline stuartheal

• Anny Roader
« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2017, 10:16:06 PM »
Its a good performance

Is that you David?

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2017, 10:25:29 PM »
If he's not being sold because of his ability then the situation isn't going to change because of his ability.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Titi Camara

• Loves a bit of odd...
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2017, 11:00:43 AM »
I'd bin all 3 of them to be honest
It was a shit show from 10 out of 11 last night. Bit of a knee jerk there J to suggest due to one poor performance we should undermine the manager to bring back a player who has blown every chance given to him.

Reacting to one bad performance with a "bin player X, Y or Z" is just outright fucking stupid, disrepectful and won't be tolerated. Cheers

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds.
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • Exiled to London...
« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2017, 11:37:15 AM »

Our CBs weren't the problem last night, certainly not the only problem, though neither covered themselves in glory with the goal. We didn't control any aspect of the game and let Southampton run through our midfield. I fail to see how Sakho would have done anything better last night.

In any event we're not privy to what's going on behind the scenes so it's baseless saying how 'daft' it is to do anything in the circumstances.

That's not to say I wouldn't like us to get in another CB but in the circumstances a) Sakho isn't the solution and B) last night wasn't evidence that Klopp should sack of all his principles and ignore whatever has been going on behind the scenes.

A couple of weeks ago we were keeping clean sheets at Goodison and at home against City but one shaky team performance and it's panic stations.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:39:08 AM by JerseyKloppite »

Offline Le Jake

• Smallest RAWK Grass. Not a penny more than £20m for Benteke, OK maybe £25m at a push!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Time flies by when you're the driver of a train.
« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2017, 12:26:59 PM »

Yep.

Cutting our nose off to spite our face here.
I eat cakes and biscuits all the time

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #192 on: January 12, 2017, 12:53:00 PM »
Sakho was part of a defense that conceded three goals in the second half to Southampton last season.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #193 on: January 12, 2017, 12:56:26 PM »
Sakho was part of a defense that conceded three goals in the second half to Southampton last season.

Yep. I like him and would be happy if some miracle happened and he suddenly stayed but the way some go on you'd think he guaranteed clean sheets and never had a bad game or was part of a calamity show at the back.

Offline Nick110581

• Doesn't like those 'Klopp lovers' NON-
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2017, 01:25:40 PM »
Yep.

No we aren't.

His behaviour stinks and he isn't as good as people make out.

Seems a nice guy that makes people gloss over the fact he's average.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline wige

• Anny Roader
« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2017, 01:33:09 PM »
Yep.

Sorry, but it just isn't.

It's about establishing rules, and limits for behaviour. If he's crossed Klopp's/the managements line - then he goes - simple as that. Its like a teacher establishing control over a class. If they let one thing slide, especially if it's the first real test of their authority, the rest of the group knows it. Not all will push them, or take the piss, but more will and then you've got much bigger problems.

Ferguson did it countless times down the road and Klopp is doing exactly the right thing here. If it means we sacrifice silverware this season, then so be it. It's about long term success through combined excellence of the group. That doesn't come without solid, structured behaviour.

Offline killer_heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2017, 01:42:33 PM »
Yep.

No way. He broke the rules several times and then after the drugs fiasco doesn't even get himself fit to play and actively misses recovery sessions.

Also, he isn't that good.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• annoying person, right sometimes, often types shite though but never boring
  • Believer
  • Hates Scapegoating in Politics, Culture, Football.
« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2017, 01:42:51 PM »
I like the lad but it is obvious that a seperation must happen, outside the club he has been brilliant in community and always respectful of the fans.

He didnt get on with two managers it seems and he will not figure in Klopp's future plans, so we sell him for the top price the lad is not some donkey he is a class defender.

He should go with our thanks and respect but i fear some in here wont be able to do that.
Klopp - Heavy Metal Genius
Are you not Entertained ?

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96.
« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2017, 01:43:23 PM »
Klopp is on record as saying that he hasn't forgotten about Mama's quality and his good games. If Sakho had not pissed off Klopp to the extent he has then he would have been given enough chances to establish himself in the team this season. Matip is top dog but he's had some injury issues, Klavan seems like a decent buy for his price but hasn't been outstanding and Lovren has had some good moments and some bad moments.

Sakho did come to mind last night during the Southampton game as Lovren and Klavan seemed to think Sturridge was 6'4 and could compete with Van Dijk in the air. I had no idea why launching Tomahawk missiles up to Sturridge seemed like a good idea. Sakho would have at least tried to find players with angled passes in between the lines. But anyway, as wige said above, this isn't really about ability but about Klopp showing his players who is the boss.

Online Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Believer
« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2017, 01:52:03 PM »
Klopp is on record as saying that he hasn't forgotten about Mama's quality and his good games. If Sakho had not pissed off Klopp to the extent he has then he would have been given enough chances to establish himself in the team this season. Matip is top dog but he's had some injury issues, Klavan seems like a decent buy for his price but hasn't been outstanding and Lovren has had some good moments and some bad moments.
Like quite a few of our players he's had problems with consistency, but he was a regular last year and would've challenged for a starting place this season alongside Matip if it wasn't for what happened off the pitch. He hasn't become a worse player just because he broke Klopp's rules.

I think it's only right that he leaves, but we could do with another CB. Klavan has been quite good, and Gomez seems highly rated, so we'll probably look closely at those two before we decide what to do, but I think we'll strenghten this position in the summer.