Author Topic: General Liverpool Transfer Thread v2  (Read 549553 times)

Offline COCK WOMBLES

• [BANNED] FORMERLY TEPID WATER Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • Liberal, and proud to be so.
Re: General Liverpool Transfer Thread v2
« Reply #7400 on: August 30, 2016, 10:58:45 PM »
Liverpool

Not Leicester.
With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline PeterTheRed

• Believer
« Reply #7401 on: August 30, 2016, 11:56:34 PM »
It is interesting that while we have pretty much offloaded Alberto and Wisdom, and we are working hard to finalize Balotelli's move to Nice, there is no news from the reliable journos on Markovic and Ilori tonight.

Offline MNAA

• Believer
« Reply #7402 on: August 31, 2016, 12:19:38 AM »
Like some of us know- this little fella is very underrated by us. He's not flashy, he's not popular, he played for a mediocre side...

Once he starts and scores, all those who think it's madness we've received such a bid would think it madness to sell him for that amount.

What was it? 3 goals in 8 for us- 4 of those being starts?
Decent enough return for a 3rd choice.
Agree. I believe Klopp loves his positive attitude too. When he is fully fit, he will get games. People has forgotten that pre-injury, pre-Klopp, Ings was almost our only scoring outlet. Pleased that Klopp is not selling
"We decide when the game is over"

Offline oddball

• Oddball. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Is officially out but only for rent boys. Blows bubbles for cash!
  • RAWK Diva
  • Believer
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7403 on: August 31, 2016, 12:21:20 AM »
Or syphillis..

Syphillis kills? Aw shit :/
Oddball, if they get 4th I'll eat my hat. I'd back us before them and I'll be eating my hat if we get there too. My hat is not very attractive either. No chance ... please.

Offline MNAA

• Believer
« Reply #7404 on: August 31, 2016, 12:24:56 AM »
We have a shite overall defence and centre midfield. Regrettably we'll finish 5th to 8th and probably 6th behind Spurs.
Why bother then?

Offline MNAA

• Believer
« Reply #7405 on: August 31, 2016, 12:27:59 AM »
Syphillis kills? Aw shit :/
Syphilis (get your spelling right!) drive you nuts first. Then kills ...

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Believer
  • Everyone loves a Luis
« Reply #7406 on: August 31, 2016, 12:30:21 AM »
It is interesting that while we have pretty much offloaded Alberto and Wisdom, and we are working hard to finalize Balotelli's move to Nice, there is no news from the reliable journos on Markovic and Ilori tonight.

Why is it interesting? Neither are playing for us this season either way

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3
  • Believer
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #7407 on: August 31, 2016, 12:51:23 AM »
Why can't we win the league? We certainly have a better chance than Leicester last season.

If we win the league i'll present match of the day with my cock inside Miss Great Briton.
Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline lorenzo

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7408 on: August 31, 2016, 12:53:41 AM »
Um. Kante, Mahrez, Schmeichel, probably Vardy, Fuchs. Maybe Huth.
This is how you find out if people watch football like its football manager/fifa....how on earth is Vardy/Fuchs/Huth getting in. You need to bare in mind the style of play as well, can't wait to see Huth striding out with the ball from the back to beat 2/3 players.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • Believer
  • Gunmen are dumb as fuck.
« Reply #7409 on: August 31, 2016, 01:09:55 AM »
This is how you find out if people watch football like its football manager/fifa....how on earth is Vardy/Fuchs/Huth getting in. You need to bare in mind the style of play as well, can't wait to see Huth striding out with the ball from the back to beat 2/3 players.

Keep your clothes on.

I once saw Lovren do a stepover.
We do need to be patient with the manager but the manager needs to realise I've been patient for 26 years waiting to see Liverpool win the league and it looks all but gone for another year.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #7410 on: August 31, 2016, 01:20:46 AM »
and a thing of beauty it was

choose Life.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • Believer
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7411 on: August 31, 2016, 02:25:19 AM »
Syphilis (get your spelling right!) drive you nuts first. Then kills ...
Think Lenin...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Advil

• Instant pain relief.
  • Kopite
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #7412 on: August 31, 2016, 04:14:23 AM »
Possible deadline day signing for us?
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Online Advil

• Instant pain relief.
  • Kopite
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #7413 on: August 31, 2016, 04:15:29 AM »
Um. Kante, Mahrez, Schmeichel, probably Vardy, Fuchs. Maybe Huth.

Morgan and Drinkwater as well.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 04:22:38 AM by Advil »
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Online kcbworth

• Believer
« Reply #7414 on: August 31, 2016, 04:20:44 AM »
It's fucking gutting to know we cant win the league and all the teams around us are strengthening more.

You sure do know a lot.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #7415 on: August 31, 2016, 04:21:14 AM »
Possible deadline day signing for us?
doubt any bar a loan at best
choose Life.

Online Advil

• Instant pain relief.
  • Kopite
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #7416 on: August 31, 2016, 04:26:39 AM »
doubt any bar a loan at best

I hope someone make a move on one of our targets like Dahood and we are forced to make a move. I know we have improved but to get an expected 10M profit from a window when there are still so many weakness in the squad is laughable. If H&G have done the same thing, we will be calling for blood.

And I know they have improved the stadium etc but the club is really in need of more talents that could take us to the next level like what everybody can see Mane is doing.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #7417 on: August 31, 2016, 05:09:13 AM »
Thing is we have to be patient and go with the flow, there has been so many comings and goings this window with a few more maybe out goings within the next day you would think.  We was never going to get every position we wanted this window and like you say we may of had a plus net spend on transfers but there's other fees to take into account.  Plus we may pull off a player or two in january.
choose Life.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team.
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #7418 on: August 31, 2016, 06:29:41 AM »
Jeez, is this using stats from Football Manager to compare players on Sky Sports News real?!?!

'The stats tell us David Luiz is a better tackler and is better at marking, although John Terry has a stat of 18 for heading which is amazing'

Wow.

Offline Hazell

• Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #7419 on: August 31, 2016, 07:11:36 AM »
Jeez, is this using stats from Football Manager to compare players on Sky Sports News real?!?!

'The stats tell us David Luiz is a better tackler and is better at marking, although John Terry has a stat of 18 for heading which is amazing'

Wow.

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Teigen

• RAWK doesn't post stuff from NOTW.
  • Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #7420 on: August 31, 2016, 07:16:30 AM »
We was never going to get every position we wanted this window and like you say we may of had a plus net spend on transfers but there's other fees to take into account.  Plus we may pull off a player or two in january.

Some proper defenders should have been our priority this summer, not more attacking options. We're stuck with Moreno and Milner at LB ffs.. And what cover do we have if Clyne gets injured/ out of form?
We conceeded 50 goals last season, 15 more than United (who we all laughed at most of the season), and we have strengthen our defence with a 31 year old and a bosman player.
I just can't see how some of you think we can be serious contenders this season with a defence like that.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead
  • Believer
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #7421 on: August 31, 2016, 07:17:48 AM »
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead
  • Believer
    • RAWK
« Reply #7422 on: August 31, 2016, 07:19:45 AM »
You sure do know a lot.

It's the reality I feel and I suspect you'd agree, certainly most fans and pundits would.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead
  • Believer
    • RAWK
« Reply #7423 on: August 31, 2016, 07:20:30 AM »
Some proper defenders should have been our priority this summer, not more attacking options. We're stuck with Moreno and Milner at LB ffs.. And what cover do we have if Clyne gets injured/ out of form?
We conceeded 50 goals last season, 15 more than United (who we all laughed at most of the season), and we have strengthen our defence with a 31 year old and a bosman player.
I just can't see how some of you think we can be serious contenders this season with a defence like that.

Agree 100%.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • Believer
  • Gunmen are dumb as fuck.
« Reply #7424 on: August 31, 2016, 07:26:22 AM »

What does the bosman have to do with it? If we had signed Messi on a bosman, would he be any the less talented for being brought in on a bosman?

James Milner was brought in on a bosman. Yes, I knew many in this sub-forum were angry with his signing, 'lack ambition', 'signing City reject', but he's proven to be one of the best midfielders in Europe last season.
We do need to be patient with the manager but the manager needs to realise I've been patient for 26 years waiting to see Liverpool win the league and it looks all but gone for another year.

Offline Anfield89

• Believer
« Reply #7425 on: August 31, 2016, 07:27:28 AM »

Do you know how Matip and Klavan will perform?  We have also brought a keeper. All three should be better than what we had last season. TAA is our cover at right back.

Offline killer_heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #7426 on: August 31, 2016, 07:29:35 AM »
Do you know how Matip and Klavan will perform?  We have also brought a keeper. All three should be better than what we had last season. TAA is our cover at right back.

Jury is out as to whether Klavan will be and is better than we had last season. The other two we have to expect to be.

Offline Anfield89

• Believer
« Reply #7427 on: August 31, 2016, 07:30:41 AM »
Jury is out as to whether Klavan will be and is better than we had last season. The other two we have to expect to be.

Have to expect him to be as well or there was no point signing him.

Offline killer_heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #7428 on: August 31, 2016, 07:40:09 AM »
Have to expect him to be as well or there was no point signing him.

Hmm we will see. Doesnt come with a great CV so not sure how much better we can expect to be. 30 year old with a mid tableish club in Germany doesnt scream a top talent.

Offline Anfield89

• Believer
« Reply #7429 on: August 31, 2016, 07:42:34 AM »
Hmm we will see. Doesnt come with a great CV so not sure how much better we can expect to be. 30 year old with a mid tableish club in Germany doesnt scream a top talent.

Neither do the others who gives a shite.

Offline Kage

• Believer
    • CK Courier Solutions
« Reply #7430 on: August 31, 2016, 07:45:07 AM »

Klavan looks no better to me if I'm honest. He looks every bit what he is, a cheap, stop gap defender.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 07:46:55 AM by Kage »

Offline thew

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #7431 on: August 31, 2016, 07:55:01 AM »
Plus we may pull off a player or two in january.

One way of bringing in the talent.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #7432 on: August 31, 2016, 07:56:15 AM »
Klavan looks no better to me if I'm honest. He looks every bit what he is, a cheap, stop gap defender.

Way to early this judge him or in some cases write him off
SOS No.1406

Online blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #7433 on: August 31, 2016, 08:08:38 AM »
I think we have brought in more high up pressers than defenders of note.

Maybe we're just gonna defend from the front.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline killer_heels

• Believer
« Reply #7434 on: August 31, 2016, 08:10:41 AM »

Neither do the others who gives a shite.

Matip is an experienced but still young centreback who played for a CL side and got good reviews from German fans and media. Karius is in the high potential pot. Both come with different profiles and expectations than Klavan.

Offline A change without it backfiring!

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Formerly foreveragnome/fordy87
« Reply #7435 on: August 31, 2016, 08:15:40 AM »
Sooo what are all the transfer mods doing with their night off?  ;D

Offline mechinate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7436 on: August 31, 2016, 08:15:51 AM »
OK, lets take a look at our squad at the moment:

Goalkeepers: Mignolet, Karius, Manninger, George, Ward, Fulton, Bogdan

Defenders: Lovren, Matip, Clyne, Milner, Klavan, Moreno, Gomez, Randall, Sakho, Ilori, Flanagan, Wisdom, Jones

Midfielders: Can, Henderson, Coutinho, Wijanldum, Lallana, Lucas, Stewart, Grujic, Brannagan, Chirivella, Ejaria, Allan

Forwards: Firmino, Sturridge, Mane, Origi, Ings, Ojo, Wilson, Markovic, Balotelli, Kent, Awoniyi, Dunn

Yeah, piss poor looking squad if you ask me.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #7437 on: August 31, 2016, 08:16:43 AM »
Yeah, piss poor looking squad if you ask me.

Dunno, we loaned Flanno out and brought in Karius which must bring the average up.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Believer
« Reply #7438 on: August 31, 2016, 08:34:38 AM »

He's won more titles, cups and international caps then the player who he replaced. Plus he was cheaper, on less wages and a year younger.

There's also the fact that Klopp wanted him, and probably saw him a better option to rotate into the squad compared to Skrtel who would have wanted to be a starter.

When Hyypia joined he was obviously younger but had literally nothing of note on his CV. He turned out alright.

If you don't mind me asking, who exactly would have been a better option or even top talent?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Die Nullfünfer

• Believer
  • Don’t think about it, just play football.
« Reply #7439 on: August 31, 2016, 08:36:06 AM »
I'm amazed it took as many as 3 games for Klavan to go from a good signing to not very good :D  I hope the rest of the lads get at least 6 games before their fates are sealed.
"If you only find football great when you win, you should stay at home. You have to accept that you can give everything and still lose.." Jürgen Klopp