Author Topic: José Mourinho - New Manchester Unted Manager. It's all right Bébé's coming back  (Read 541502 times)

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
£468.3M then. To answer your questions, For the money we've spent we should be winning trophies. We haven't done that (bar the FA cup) so i'm not happy about what's gone on since Fergie left. I'm optimistic again though. Mourinho is a proven winner and the players we've brought this season are top class.

How do you feel about liverpool spending £366.7M (same database and time frame) and not winning anything or even being favourites for a top 4 finish?

"Mourinho is a proven winner and the players we've brought this season are top class"

Can you get that on a banner to replace the chosen one flag? It seems to be the automatic answer yernited fans give, I've heard it repeated loads by the mancs in the office. Maybe if it's written in big shiny letters you can all chant it like true cult members.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 07:31:33 pm by CrasherKid79 »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

According to Soccerbase transfers, this is the list of signings since Ferguson left..

Fellani        27,500,000
Mata           37,100,000
Herrara         29,000,000
Shaw        27,000,000
Periera        0
Rojo           16,000,000
Di Maria        59,700,000
Blind           13,800,000
Valdes        0
Depay        25,000,000
Darmien        12,700,000
Schweinsteiger   14,400,000
Schneiderlin   25,000,000
Romero      0
Martial      36,000,000
Poole               100,000
Bailly               30,000,000
Ibramovich   0
Mkhitaryan   26,000,000
Pogba      89,000,000

£468,300,000

Those numbers do not include agent fees, loan fees and players' signing on fees. Also, lets not forget that they had the 3rd highest wage bill in the league when Ferguson retired, and now they have the highest.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
Those numbers do not include agent fees, loan fees and players' signing on fees. Also, lets not forget that they had the 3rd highest wage bill in the league when Ferguson retired, and now they have the highest.

Rooney £15,600,000 per annum
Falcao  £15,600,000 per year ..... for fuck all
Di Maria £15,000,000 per year ..... See above

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"Mourinho is a proven winner and the players we've brought this season are top class"

Can you get that on a banner to replace the chosen one flag? It seems to be the automatic answer yernited fans give, I've heard it repeated loads by the mancs in the office. Maybe if it's written in big shiny letters you can all chant it like true cult members.

Like you all say "We have Klopp"?
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan

That's all you need  ;)

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97

At the end of the day we both have managers that are finely tuned to the beliefs and philosophy of our clubs; you could say both are perfect fits.  It's no secret how many people in the game love and respect Jurgen Klopp and you can understand why.  As for Mr. Mourinho, well, yeah.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:14:19 pm by exiledintheUSA »
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.

Quote from: Phil M on August 12, 2016, 03:02:47 PM

Just stumbled across this gem:

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/stats-more-reasons-to-keep-jose-mourinho-away-from-united/

"In conclusion, is Mourinho honestly the type of man you want in charge of United, regardless of the trophies he has won in the past, and could win with United? We’re not Chelsea or Manchester City, a club who has waited so long for any real success so will take it whatever way they find it, or buy it.We are United so surely we should have higher standards than just winning, however we have to do it. We shouldn’t have to settle for a manager who plays boring football, who is poor in the transfer market, who has no interest in bringing youth through, who will always be more important than our players and who has no class whatsoever. Whoever gets the job, and Ferguson keeps telling us that won’t be for a while yet, should be a better person than Mourinho."

I could have written every word of this post! I didn't but I 100% endorse its sentiments. Never wanted the fella that cheated us out of a well-deserved 2nd leg win back when he was at Porto. Cannot abide the bloke.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
So the Portuguese pulis is getting you playing free flowing lump it into the box for the fatman football....should of saved your 150mill and brought in john walters and crouch.... 

6 foot five n hard as fuck...nose like an ardvark,  walks like a duck.

Offline 21

• Barrack-room Hutz
  • Kopite
Wages not transfer fees (net or gross) is the proper dick measuring contest gents.

Historically finishing position is more correlated with wage bill rather than transfer fee - which is an arbitrary measure IMO.

Leicester the outlier on a 20+ year time scale.

Utd have 5 players on over 200k per week - Pogba, Zlatan, De Gea, Rooney, Schweinsteger.
We have 4 players on over 100k per week - Sturridge, Milner, Henderson, Firminho.

One Schweinsteger earns more a week than Can, Lallana and Coutinho combined.

Pressure on for Utd, with a total wage billl like that anything apart from top 2 and solid title challenge is a complete and utter failure.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Utd have 5 players on over 200k per week - Pogba, Zlatan, De Gea, Rooney, Schweinsteger.
We have 4 players on over 100k per week - Sturridge, Milner, Henderson, Firminho.

One Schweinsteger earns more a week than Can, Lallana and Coutinho combined.

Weird that you would pick him out as earning more than than our three combined when surely that would also apply to everyone else in their list except for De Gea.

Offline 21

• Barrack-room Hutz
  • Kopite
Weird that you would pick him out as earning more than than our three combined when surely that would also apply to everyone else in their list except for De Gea.

The other 4 are starting XI players.
My point was they have a player who is totally out of favour on 200k paid more than three of our midfield starters.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

That's just a statement. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I could have written every word of this post! I didn't but I 100% endorse its sentiments. Never wanted the fella that cheated us out of a well-deserved 2nd leg win back when he was at Porto. Cannot abide the bloke.
What will Mourinho have to do to change your opinion of him Jonno?
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline AfricanBavarian

• Kopite
Looking forward to see how Pogba deals with the big boys in the Champions League this season. I bet Real, Barca and Bayern are terrified.
Not anymore as afraid when he was at Juve[emoji42]

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy

Seppuku.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Not anymore as afraid when he was at Juve[emoji42]

I was joking.. they aren't in the Champions League this season :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Martind

• I've completely forgotten that Leeds once hated my team.
  • Boys Pen

Become Liverpool manager.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️

I guess leave

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Become Liverpool manager.

You won't last long here
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
So many people named jonno, who knew.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
You won't last long here

You'll never make the station

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Kop 81

• Spineless.
  • Kopite
  • We've got KLOPP!
JohnnoWhite, may I ask why you've got Shanks as your avatar?  I wouldn't dream of having Busby or Whiskeynose as my avatar.   :o
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 01:00:20 pm by Kop 81 »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Seppuku.
Laughed at that more than I should have.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
JohnnoWhite, may I ask why you've got Shanks as your avatar?  I wouldn't dream of having Busby or Ferguson as my avatar.

Matt Busby, captain of Liverpool?

Offline perspectiveplease

• getsomethenstopwastingourbandwidth!
  • Anny Roader
JohnnoWhite, may I ask why you've got Shanks as your avatar?  I wouldn't dream of having Busby or Ferguson as my avatar.   :o

That's because you don't have avatars over on redcafe.

Offline MancEunuchian

• Manc
  • Main Stander
  • On the piss with Georgie Best
True, it was probably early for him but playing Rafael and O'Shea at CM ahead of him was ridiculous.
Was actually Park and Rafael in midfield against Blackburn.  Carrick played as a central defender that day.  :butt

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
JohnnoWhite, may I ask why you've got Shanks as your avatar?  I wouldn't dream of having Busby or Whiskeynose as my avatar.   :o
I'm sure Johnno can answer for himself (hopefully along the lines of "what's it got to do with you?"), but it might be due to Shanks offering Liverpool first teamers to United after the Munich disaster. Just a wild shot in the dark.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
I'm sure Johnno can answer for himself (hopefully along the lines of "what's it got to do with you?"), but it might be due to Shanks offering Liverpool first teamers to United after the Munich disaster. Just a wild shot in the dark.

Shanks wasn`t at Liverpool when the Munich disaster happened.

Johnno`s from the old school where men like Bill Shankly,Matt Busby,Jock Stean and the like all held the same values on football and life in general.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Shanks wasn`t at Liverpool when the Munich disaster happened.

Johnno`s from the old school where men like Bill Shankly,Matt Busby,Jock Stean and the like all held the same values on football and life in general.
You're right. I'd just had the same thought.

Don't know why I had that in my head. Old age.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....

You know Matt Busby was a former Liverpool captain?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
More and more people named jonno.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
We all dream of a forum of Johnnos.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
Or because he is an elaborate hoax and someone is making fun of everyone in the forum. Which other United fan hates practically everything about them and praises most things about Liverpool?

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Or because he is an elaborate hoax and someone is making fun of everyone in the forum. Which other United fan hates practically everything about them and praises most things about Liverpool?

Now, now...

Johnno is as legit as they come. Old (ancient  :P ) school proper Red Devil.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
Now, now...

Johnno is as legit as they come. Old (ancient  :P ) school proper Red Devil.
Evidence?

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Evidence?

You're new(ish) here.

The evidence has been discussed in older threads multiple times.

It seems every couple years someone else comes along who wants Johnno to prove himself again. Iirc..he's 72 and like I said proper old school.

If some don't want to believe, up to you. For a lot of us, Johnno has nothing more to prove.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
More and more people named jonno.
Based on my previous post, I should have your name ;)