Author Topic: The great ticketing PR Blag - Living on a PRAyre  (Read 29721 times)

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
The great ticketing PR Blag - Living on a PRAyre
« on: February 8, 2016, 12:49:26 am »
Part 1 - Tickets and numbers and headaches

Yes, play on words. But then there's been a play on numbers when you want to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. I went looking for a smoking gun and hope to find something that would make me believe that all these percentages would have me rethink my stance. That we're all wrong and they're all right.

Are they heck.

Let's first actually rationalise the numbers out there. Leaving Ian "Living on a PR" Ayre statement aside we need to set a scene. In maths you're told to prove your working out. You get marks for it. Well, I'll try and do it easily but it's just not easy. RAWK - I have faith in you decimating it all and making it better for the world  ;D

Stated new capacity by club has been near 54,000. Capacity pre 2015/16 season = 45,250.

Club then said 540 to be taken away due to main stand works, of which 400 due to 2015/16 Premier League tv deal. This means current capacity is 44,500 (approx and according to this ) and new stand brings 8500 seats so we've got 53,000 to play with here. I should add the club charter way back when said they'd release matchday ticket breakdowns and a master ticket allocation each season. They haven't. They haven't since March 2012. Nice one, Ian. Where’s 1,000 then, give or take? You said near 54,000 remember???

From SoS Proposals doc. numbers as follows. Please note it's the only source of seat numbers seen so far. I've filled in the Hospitality gap and I'll show that later in all this too. Major thanks to whomever did the proposals doc as it helps immensely in dispelling myths. It's nailed season ticket side so I'll cover matchday tickets aka members. Many affected by members ticket availability and fight the shitty system twice a year. It has more losers than winners. That won't get better. It will get worse.

"And, at a broader sense, 65 per cent of season tickets coming down or staying flat and 45 per cent of matchday tickets coming down. The headline seems to have focused on a £77 ticket at Anfield – of which I think there are 200 for six of the top games in the best general admission seats in the house" (Ian Ayre, 5th Feb 2016)

:lmao Dumbass. Ian, we're just not that thick ok?

I digress. Lets set that scene. Follow the numbers as they help things.

Season ticket totals

Season tickets current - 24,715. Page 1 of SoS Proposals (note clubs LAST official master allocation said 24950. The very master they are supposed to release with match breakdowns but haven't since Mar 2012! I wonder why? Where have 235 season tickets gone???)

Season tickets 16/17 - 27,094. Page 3 of SoS Proposals. This means an indicative uplift of 2379. Rejoice... or maybe not. I don't know if any official announcement stating season ticket allocation increasing has been made. Either which way something needs to change but lets wait or if someone knows more then please add to help all

Match Day tickets via proposal

Also via Page 1 and 3 of SoS Proposal doc. Mighty helpful as it's not as if Liverpool show this but I suspect there are a few in our Ticketing forum who know each block and seat and recall them in their dreams  :)

Current season (2015/16)

Total 2015/16 season = 16,509

Take away 3000 for away fans (official amount and we have to - they gotta sit somewhere!) = 13,509

Additional removals (3,950)

What the hell, Harinder. Why? Again, the last known "official numbers". Hopefully also helps that gap closing between capacity and seat/ticket total of 46,247 in proposals doc post expansion (page3)

Late availability official allocation = 450
Segregation = 200
Additional (e.g.) St John's Ambulance/Sweeper Zone/Emergency Seats/Secretarial allocation = 800
Staff and Players - 1500
Partners - 1000

I'm going out on a limb here and stating I'd expect the 800 additional St John's etc to go up. You won't be surprised to know I believe the partners figure is off. We've got more sponsors than FIFA probably  ;D

Now 13,509 - 3,950 = 9,599

8,500. Officially that's what we had this season. We used to have near 10k but something happened on the way to the Main (new). I blame hotels (will explain later, promise)

Matchday 2016/17

Total 2016/17 season = 19,153 (inc. low level hospitality in Main stand aka Tier 1 which is 834 seats). Again page 3 of proposal doc.

Take away 3000 for away fans = 16,153

Additional removals (3,950) -assumed static for now

Late availability official allocation = 450
Segregation = 200
Additional (e.g.) St John's Ambulance/Sweeper Zone/Emergency Seats/Secretarial allocation = 800
Staff and Players - 1500
Partners - 1000

So we've got 16,153 - 3,950 = 12,203

Lets also take off the 834 you cannot buy in members sale as they're low level hospitality (no idea what that means right now in regards to how)

12,203 - 834 = 11,369

2015/2016 members tickets = 8500. So are we getting more? We used to have near 10,000, Ian?

11,369 - 8500 = 2,869 extra members tickets. Or so we hope. I doubt this will be the case due to the perceived changes in additional section for St John's/others. Oh, and partners. I don't think they mean WAG's by the way. Sponsors. We know they get tickets. Why would that change? I'm not advocating that it should as such is the way of the world. I do wish LFC would honour the charter openly that they had. That club one.

Remember approx 8,500 new tickets available post renovation? Well...

1. New Hospitality - 3104 (will show later how we get to this figure)
2. Season tickets apparent uplift = 2,379
3. Members tickets apparent uplift - 2,869

Total of these 3 = 8,352 (oooh, close!)

If I add the Low level hosp = 834
New total = 9186

Genuinely baffled by this so either I've missed something simple or someone somewhere will lose out in respect to season tickets/members side. Not surprised? Neither am I.

2016/2017 (Capacity is 54,000. Existing hospitality is 3450 via official numbers. New Hospitality is 3104. Total Hosp = 6554)

54,000 - 6554 = 47,256. Damn. SoS proposal doc hits a figure of 46,247. I've got 1199 to find. Well, we lost 1000 in translation (see Echo notice part). Where did they go? Possibly at a hotel (well some anyway).

Ok all. Take a break. It will help. I promise.

Sauces

http://content.spiritofshankly.com/system/documents/822/original/Proposals.pdf
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/206306-ian-ayre-addresses-the-media-on-new-lfc-ticket-structure
« Last Edit: February 8, 2016, 01:26:45 am by Harinder »
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The great ticketing PR Blag - Living on a PRAyre
« Reply #1 on: February 8, 2016, 01:15:02 am »
Part 2 - Hospitality. The greetings aren't the only thing in store!

So earlier I stated a few numbers but showed no working. Allow me, if you please.

“I think that’s the wrong thing to focus on. What you have to do is look at the facts, look right down through the spectrum of tickets we’re offering and prices we’re offering. Most tickets are either freezing or coming down and we have actually introduced a new range of very low-price tickets to continue to feed the things that are important.” (Ian Ayre, 5th Feb 2016)

Yes, Ian. But you haven't accounted for some for 4 years, sweetie  :wave

Existing Hospitality

It's grown. Significantly post 2012 and even more so last season into this one. Back in 2012 they said there were 3450 in total. Hospitality ST Holders   2,100 and Hospitality Match tickets 1,350. It's important to hold this as a reference as much has changed since then and if anyone has totals for current they can update us all with please do so. Maybe LFC can do it? They haven't in 4 years  ;D (Yes, Ian... staff... I know)

Liverpool haven't produced a proper ticket breakdown since mid 2012. Almost 4 years to the day. Last one I could find is Arsenal from Mar 2012. That aside let's take the official line here. Comparison and assumptions for uplifts explained in comments. We're still short a bit but someone somewhere may know something to help. Liverpool Love Hotels. In 2012 we had 9 hospitality offerings. 2 of them offsite at Sandon, 7 onsite at Anfield from which 5  had ability for you to have a season ticket for (International/Executive/Centenary/Premier/Reds Bar). The other two were boot room based. That's doubled almost with many coming in last season or so... especially the hotels! Hilton in 2014 and others in 2015. They nicked Hilton idea from the Ev who were definitely doing it in 2012  ;D

Any chance they'll close those hospitality avenues by the way? No. Why would you? It's revenue and no-one I know has been given notice on existing hospitality ST and therefore forced to move from Centenary stand. International suite (currently 8k a season) possibly may have. It didn't have a lot in there. Does anyone know if existing directors area is moving by the way? I've seen a few things somewhere saying they'll close some of these and move around. Love to know where when there is a BIG sales push on the new shiny ones.

I see you raising your hands at the back. The existing hospitality, which has clearly grown from 2012's position, why haven't their seats been accounted for and explained? Take a stab at it folks from the 1199 we couldn't work out earlier. They definitely aren't part of the matchday allocations as NONE of the hospitality is in that (bar Tier 1 low level). I wonder if anyone has the breakdown of their numbers? The hotel ones come in coaches... maybe you've taken this ticket offering so can help?

Sauces (massive thank you to our resident Mod SP. He did the original spreadsheet that enabled a lot of thinking to take place!)

http://liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/lfc-v-arsenal-ticket-breakdown
https://web.archive.org/web/20120219065903/http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/announcements/season-2011-12-master-ticket-allocation (be fast, it redirects you sharpish!)
Ticket spreadsheet (updated one SP first created - many things here. Tabs explain what's what) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/lt2o8nl8egjfzvc/lfc_prices_members_level.xlsx?dl=0

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 8, 2016, 01:25:58 am »
Part 3 - New Hospitality. Come up and see me. Make me smile!

Ahh the new. It's a big beastie. It's been hard to count. This bit Liverpool Football Club did make easier. I thank my mum for all the carrots she gave me as a kid to ensure I could count seats later in life. 3104 or so. If anyone knows more please let us all know.

Lets start with high rollers

Premier/Executive level Seat layout same on Annie road side as well as Kop side - club didn't feel like counting seats in their brochures. I did!

Club level - they showed no. of seats here. Made it easy!

Totals

This bit is easy to play and work out right?

Sauces (ticket breakdown tab has a lot of things where I played a bit on to try and work things out. 2015/16 allocation guestimates being one of them so went with SoS proposal doc)

Ticket spreadsheet (updated one SP first created - many things here. Tabs explain what's what) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/lt2o8nl8egjfzvc/lfc_prices_members_level.xlsx?dl=0
Premium level hospitality seating plan and prices - https://www.dropbox.com/s/6olg9rsitu13hzu/Premium%20Level%20Hospitality.pdf?dl=0
Club level hospitality and prices - https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8s99y4gx4pjd73/Club%20Level_Seating%20layout%20and%20pricing.pdf?dl=0
Premium level seating count - https://www.dropbox.com/s/tn3lexxc5geckvt/Premium%20Level%20Hospitality.jpg?dl=0
[/quote]
« Last Edit: February 8, 2016, 02:40:11 am by Harinder »

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 8, 2016, 02:39:30 am »
Part 4 - 45% matchday magic

If anyone hasn't had breakfast/lunch/dinner or some water at the very least please do so now. Only if you can stomach the rest  ;D

I jest. So, what's it all about? It's bloody hard work and I don't doubt for a second that's exactly what LFC want it to be. My brain thanks you  :-*

“I think that’s the wrong thing to focus on. What you have to do is look at the facts, look right down through the spectrum of tickets we’re offering and prices we’re offering. Most tickets are either freezing or coming down and we have actually introduced a new range of very low-price tickets to continue to feed the things that are important.” (Ian Ayre, 5th Feb 2016)

Members sale started at 10k. This season dropped to 8500. We're only adding 8500 seats from which 3104 odd are hospitality ones (not including that tier1 low level hospitality thing in lower main). This leaves 5400 odd. No-one knows what new members total will be but there is our best guess of over 11k. I stress we started at 10k and only this season we were hit with reduction. When that reduction happened did membership sales stall? Were they frozen? Have they ever frozen? No. Not on your nelly. Does anyone know how many members we have out there? If there's a sweep stake let me know. If anyone has the answer let us all know please?

Members tickets analysis (based on experience of all the damn sales they've had since bulk sales started)

Ooooh fancy! 45%, he says. You'll see for yourself how big those savings are. Amazing how the saving aren't in line with the increased (not).

Yup. I hope you see it too. Creatures of habit try to get seats in the same blocks/area. Makes life easy right and helps to know you can be familiar to surroundings repeatedly! If they ever showed a real study/breakdown into members sales buying habits I doubt it will show a scattergun (unless you've been kicked out at checkout with the Kop in your basket but that NEVER happens, right?  :) )

Lets take a closer look. Cat A being used as the colours tell the same story on pricing. The SPREAD is the key, not the single match when it comes to bulk sales. Again, wonder why the PR machine hasn't gone down this path? It may be simplistic looking at it from a single block view for a bulk sale but again those who buy in them could discuss patterns and pains to enrich the discussion.

£77 - only 208 folks in the lower blocks I hear Ian say. Happy days? What about the 3600 plus between £65 and £75 then? 3652 to be precise. What? They didn't mention that? Get away!

From those

470 over £70 surrounding those £77

Centenary ones in the middle blocks are already part of Reds Bar, Premier and Centenary Hospitality Season Tickets/Packages. I don't believe these are closing (see also existing hospitality section later) That leaves new Main Upper and middle of Anny road upper (224/225). We've already discounted the Hospitality seats from being part of the totals and all those who've been in the last 8 bulk sales (2 per year since they began) know how scant some of the existing blocks are in this space.

£60 - 65

Centenary areas, new Main stand upper (yellow bits) and extremes of Main Stand Lower. Nearly 2400 seats. Majority though of this figure appears to be new Main Stand Upper

£50 -55

All in Annie Road. Negligible change. Members sales wise it means the same as it ever was unless someone can see something different. PS take away 3000 from that 7162 number. Away fans get 3000 in all that. You save a few quid. Really. You do. A few. Promise.

£40 - £48

The Kop. All of it (3019). Some cheaper areas. Looking at what's available to members as a sum for 304/305/306 I've been very lucky to be able buy here. I suspect that luck will disappear in the next all out gunfight at the not so OK bulk sales!

Annie Road Corner - the bit you end up in if members sales have been a fight for scraps due to so many woes along the way. We've all been there too <group hug>

New Main Upper - right at the back and at the top. If you have vertigo don't go here  :)

Choice of 1368 is what's in those two (annie corner, back of Main Upper).

£36

Main Upper. Far left and far right. 527 tickets. Views tbd. From what I've seen it's not great. It will be restricted (?).

Members sales previous available - 2014/15 -10,000. 2015/16 - 8,500 (yup it went down!). So that means after the 3k in Kop there were 5500 to go around. Majority of that would have been Annie Road and some in far left and right of Main and Centenary. From all that is coming there are no new seats in Kop/Annie/Centenary. They've not changed or had more seats added. The patterns of sales mean that those on day 1 (based on 15 on card from previous season) will be first in. First in to a system that should it not find you a seat in a block it will automatically put you in another. Funny when it was banging fans into the corners of the Main Stand for another £10 per seat... not.

The system NEVER goes down either (ahem). Day 2 in the ticket system house will be a bundle of joy and laughter. We will all be singing the praises of the extra seats we may get here. There will be some, no doubt but it's never going to alleviate that pressure. You don't really have a choice. Carved so many ways in regards to that 45% but SP's lovely colours don't lie. They are going to be heavily desired due to cost and already the first attempted area in any sale. Be lucky and afraid in equal measure. The aforementioned creatures of habit will go for what they know

Put bluntly it's going to cost a lot. When all other areas are gone the tough decision of going or not going will be felt. Pay the extra! Pay more more more (Ian Ayre likes it, Ian Ayre likes it).

“When we started on this journey of looking what we might do with this new facility and new announcement, the things that were key were finding more affordable tickets, addressing the issue of more younger fans in an ageing fanbase and more local fans to preserve that uniquely Liverpool atmosphere and continue to grow it.

If you look at the facts of our announcement this week, we feel it very much does that. Right at the bottom, we’ve got free tickets for schoolkids that are linked to attendance and attainment; we’ve got a £9 full-price ticket for Category C matches which will probably be the lowest in the league; we’ve got 1,000 tickets a game at half-price for 17 to 21-year-olds; we’ve got 1,000 tickets a game for local people, so we’re able to feed the local market particularly." (Ian Ayre, 5th Feb 2016)

We love a party with an atmosphere. The place of so many iconic pictures of atmosphere and singing beckons in the main stand. Sorry, meant Kop. Only you won't really be in the Kop. Day 1 sales will nail that and whatever is held for Day 2 or Day 3 sales means a fight at nanosecond levels to get there. Then where will you look? The only places you can... those new seats that all cost more apart from the restricted view areas of sorts

Later today Ian will take questions. Not live but pre-submitted. No problem. The same PR percentages will be used. The same totals will be used without any itemisation of how they got there or how it works. Just a smile and assumption of trust to mask over it all and hope it's going to be all silent.

It's way past my bedtime. Over to you all folks. This has been the last few days and I'm sure many can do better. Season Tickets analysis is on spreadsheet too but not broken down as much due to Main Stand element of pain known. This all needs YOUR help. Many good folk on here who can deduce all this much much better than me but we all need to start somewhere.

I love my club. There is no doubting that. I don't have any major anger towards FSG either. As I said to someone the other day "They're owners. They aren't bad. They aren't H+G... They occasionally mess up  ;) "

They could still make it right.

« Last Edit: February 8, 2016, 02:51:24 am by Harinder »

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 8, 2016, 02:51:03 am »
 :wave

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: February 8, 2016, 03:59:50 am »

Members sales previous available - 2014/15 -10,000. 2015/16 - 8,500 (yup it went down!). So that means after the 3k in Kop there were 5500 to go around. Majority of that would have been Annie Road and some in far left and right of Main and Centenary. From all that is coming there are no new seats in Kop/Annie/Centenary. They've not changed or had more seats added. The patterns of sales mean that those on day 1 (based on 15 on card from previous season) will be first in. First in to a system that should it not find you a seat in a block it will automatically put you in another. Funny when it was banging fans into the corners of the Main Stand for another £10 per seat... not.

The system NEVER goes down either (ahem). Day 2 in the ticket system house will be a bundle of joy and laughter. We will all be singing the praises of the extra seats we may get here. There will be some, no doubt but it's never going to alleviate that pressure. You don't really have a choice. Carved so many ways in regards to that 45% but SP's lovely colours don't lie. They are going to be heavily desired due to cost and already the first attempted area in any sale. Be lucky and afraid in equal measure. The aforementioned creatures of habit will go for what they know

Put bluntly it's going to cost a lot. When all other areas are gone the tough decision of going or not going will be felt. Pay the extra! Pay more more more (Ian Ayre likes it, Ian Ayre likes it).

“When we started on this journey of looking what we might do with this new facility and new announcement, the things that were key were finding more affordable tickets, addressing the issue of more younger fans in an ageing fanbase and more local fans to preserve that uniquely Liverpool atmosphere and continue to grow it.

If you look at the facts of our announcement this week, we feel it very much does that. Right at the bottom, we’ve got free tickets for schoolkids that are linked to attendance and attainment; we’ve got a £9 full-price ticket for Category C matches which will probably be the lowest in the league; we’ve got 1,000 tickets a game at half-price for 17 to 21-year-olds; we’ve got 1,000 tickets a game for local people, so we’re able to feed the local market particularly." (Ian Ayre, 5th Feb 2016)

We love a party with an atmosphere. The place of so many iconic pictures of atmosphere and singing beckons in the main stand. Sorry, meant Kop. Only you won't really be in the Kop. Day 1 sales will nail that and whatever is held for Day 2 or Day 3 sales means a fight at nanosecond levels to get there. Then where will you look? The only places you can... those new seats that all cost more apart from the restricted view areas of sorts

This is one of the biggest problems with Ayre's theory that there is a price for everyone. There isn't unless you're in in first sale and their shite IT doesn't cock up (as it did with me in November, hello MS, what the hell am I doing here!). At the moment 'in's in' as they say, though the differential already is high, but in the new structure people are going to be left with the choice of £65+ tix or not going, after all the cheaper tix are snapped up.

The other thing that really bugs me is that their IT system for the sales is crap as it is, you can't even pick the specific seat you want at the moment as you only have the block view until there are very few or just restricted view when the individual seats magically appear. Don't get me started on picking one block and magically getting allocated tix in another without asking if you want them. The blocks are even in reverse view ffs! (does anyone know even why this is? It's like they had the seat plan on a transparency and scanned it the wrong way round!)

If they're acceding to demands I suggest we demand a new IT system as well  ;D
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #6 on: February 8, 2016, 07:35:59 am »
Truly epic work by Harinder and Jon (SP) to put some facts and figures around the spin and mystery of the new pricing structure. A complex and wilfully opaque piece of price engineering that belies the claims of Ian Ayre. The Club have got a lot of backtracking to do.   

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #7 on: February 8, 2016, 07:36:44 am »
Thanks for the info Hari, very interesting.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 8, 2016, 07:48:09 am »
Wow. Amazing work Harinder. Must say though, it took a lot of mental pushups to get this  ;) (And I am still to go through Part 4. I need rest  :P)
But this definitely destroys Iyre's apparent innocent bafflement at why fans are protesting in spite of prices supposedly getting lowered for majority.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #9 on: February 8, 2016, 07:49:11 am »
Its like one of those films you have to watch again to digest.

Truly outstanding work!

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #10 on: February 8, 2016, 07:57:28 am »
Thank you.

Epic job there.

Makes the task of educating the people (and I've had plenty this weekend) who simply swallowed what Ian Ayre had to say, so much easier.

:wellin

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 8, 2016, 09:21:34 am »
Great breakdown, puts the crap he's been putting out there in context.

As you touch on, think it's important not to make this too anti FSG, it's just too acceptable in modern football

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #12 on: February 8, 2016, 09:34:49 am »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 8, 2016, 09:35:32 am »
Sky first with the news as always. More to come as well.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #14 on: February 8, 2016, 09:42:28 am »
Sky first with the news as always. More to come as well.

Irony? All the favoured journos had it last night?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #15 on: February 8, 2016, 09:42:59 am »
Well done Harinder (and SP). It does take some understanding (never got on with maths). But I am really glad that someone has broken it down like this, and nailed the club's lie. As has been said we all love this club of ours, but they are really on the wrong road here. Once you get through all the PR and spin, it is really disappointing to see how the club treat the fans that have supported them for years. Time for someone at LFC to stand up and take it on the shoulder. Put it right for the fan's and the club's sake.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #16 on: February 8, 2016, 09:43:13 am »
I'm lost.  Which stadium is this again?!   ;)

Excellent work, superb effort to all involved

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 8, 2016, 09:46:06 am »
Top class OP, great work from all who helped piece it together.

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 8, 2016, 09:52:15 am »
Good to see that in black and white and stripped away from the horse dung that the pr men try to feed people.
Good job!

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 8, 2016, 09:58:15 am »
As you touch on, think it's important not to make this too anti FSG, it's just too acceptable in modern football

Wow, that was an insane but so much needed breakdown of everything. Epic contribution! Fantastic that it is all there for everyone now to digest!

As above I completely agree with your closing sentiments too.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 8, 2016, 10:27:53 am »
This post needs to get out to a wider base than RAWK.
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 8, 2016, 10:32:05 am »
Thanks all for comments - Improve this wherever you can. Key things are that ticket numbers aren't accurate as no official breakdowns. Hotel/Motel/Holiday Inn hospitality changes not accounted for as no official breakdowns (all came after 2012 so not in 3450 existing number). Poss only 11.6k or so for members aka matchday tickets so increase 1.6k if lucky. We started at 10k, then dropped to 8.5k with really only 540 of that being explained.

45%. Because we save £1/2 along the way in Kop and Anny. In some cases a fiver. Funny that's not the increase figures by same amount for where things get sticky as you've been shat on when clicking checkout ;D

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 8, 2016, 10:44:51 am »
This post needs to get out to a wider base than RAWK.

This. I think it also would be great if someone (he says selfishly) could bullet point/present a compelling snapshot for some of the key facts here, possibly alongside Ayre's 'facts', for posting in other networks (FB, etc) along with a link to the full breakdown here.

Offline kneeys

• We know the TRUTH,now give them JUSTICE.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Around long enough to know better...
« Reply #23 on: February 8, 2016, 10:47:30 am »
Incredible work Harinder thank you.
Cuts through all the Ayre pr bullshit and gets to the "facts".
Essential reading for anyone trying to defend the indefensible.
This should be widely shared.
Spot on about the TO as well.
The s*n so full of shit you could not even use it to wipe your arse

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 8, 2016, 10:59:37 am »
This. I think it also would be great if someone (he says selfishly) could bullet point/present a compelling snapshot for some of the key facts here, possibly alongside Ayre's 'facts', for posting in other networks (FB, etc) along with a link to the full breakdown here.

The great ticketing PR Blag - Living on a PRAyre!

We've had a lot of numbers and percentages but what do they all mean?

- Ticket numbers and headaches. When all is said and done it's an extra 1600 odd tickets IF we are lucky

- Matchday Ticketing official breakdown - Missing in Action since March 2012. If found please return to LFC and all of us

- Hospitality. It has changed dramatically since 2012. LFC just never said by how many but when you're next stuck and members sales have gone to pot then please visit us via a nearby hotel!

- New Hospitality. It's big. It's shiny. It's near 4000 tickets (including 834 Tier1 low level hospitality)

- Atmosphere is happening people! Just nowhere near that lovely marketing dream of the Kop

- Don't just look at £77 he said. We didn't. I can promise you that, Ian :)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #25 on: February 8, 2016, 11:04:17 am »
I'm working all day (in a bank!) so there's no way I'm looking at all those figures until later or I'll end up messing all my customers accounts up, but once again mate thats absolutely fantastic work.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #26 on: February 8, 2016, 11:08:19 am »
What everyone else has said. Great work putting this up. Makes for an interesting read

Offline shuie

• Main Stander
« Reply #27 on: February 8, 2016, 11:15:26 am »
Great work Harinder an Info graphic with the main changes would be great to get out to the wider community

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 8, 2016, 11:24:32 am »
Great work Harinder an Info graphic with the main changes would be great to get out to the wider community

Needs someone to do it. I've put this information out there in hope it can be improved to shape more informed responses on the whole around tickets

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 8, 2016, 11:25:21 am »

- Ticket numbers and headaches. When all is said and done it's an extra 1600 odd tickets IF we are lucky

- Matchday Ticketing official breakdown - Missing in Action since March 2012. If found please return to LFC and all of us

- Hospitality. It has changed dramatically since 2012. LFC just never said by how many but when you're next stuck and members sales have gone to pot then please visit us via a nearby hotel!

- New Hospitality. It's big. It's shiny. It's near 4000 tickets (including 834 Tier1 low level hospitality)

- Atmosphere is happening people! Just nowhere near that lovely marketing dream of the Kop

Thats great! I said 'someone' as I thought you'd already done a ridiculous amount of work here :D Can post this now with a link to the article along with anyone else!  :wellin

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 8, 2016, 11:32:44 am »
So there is a Q&A with Ayre tonight at 6pm(twitter). This needs people like Harinder asking the questions, someone who isn't fooled by the positive spin.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 8, 2016, 11:41:10 am »
So there is a Q&A with Ayre tonight at 6pm(twitter). This needs people like Harinder asking the questions, someone who isn't fooled by the positive spin.

It's all pre-submitted. They'll answer only what they want to which is a shame.

Offline mjk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #32 on: February 8, 2016, 11:41:53 am »

The Q&A is not live they are pre-selecting questions.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 8, 2016, 11:44:25 am »
Part 4 - 45% matchday magic

470 over £70 surrounding those £77

Centenary ones in the middle blocks are already part of Reds Bar, Premier and Centenary Hospitality Season Tickets/Packages. I don't believe these are closing (see also existing hospitality section later) That leaves new Main Upper and middle of Anny road upper (224/225). We've already discounted the Hospitality seats from being part of the totals and all those who've been in the last 8 bulk sales (2 per year since they began) know how scant some of the existing blocks are in this space.

£60 - 65

Centenary areas, new Main stand upper (yellow bits) and extremes of Main Stand Lower. Nearly 2400 seats. Majority though of this figure appears to be new Main Stand Upper

£50 -55

All in Annie Road. Negligible change. Members sales wise it means the same as it ever was unless someone can see something different. PS take away 3000 from that 7162 number. Away fans get 3000 in all that. You save a few quid. Really. You do. A few.

Am I reading this right? Does it mean that 7,000 of the 11,000 tickets available for members sales will be priced at £50 and above? If so that needs to be thrown at Ayre when he tries to deflect the £77 price by saying it's only for 200 tickets.

64% of available match tickets at £50+ at Anfield is a disgrace.

Offline kneeys

• We know the TRUTH,now give them JUSTICE.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Around long enough to know better...
« Reply #34 on: February 8, 2016, 11:46:23 am »

Be careful what you wish for Ian!!

Well done again Harinder.
Now it up to everyone else to give this as wide an audience as possible.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2016, 12:02:14 pm by kneeys »
The s*n so full of shit you could not even use it to wipe your arse

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 8, 2016, 11:51:56 am »
The Q&A is not live they are pre-selecting questions.

Remember the last live Q&A the owners did, everyone lying about their question to get on air then going mad about Hogdson  ;D

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 8, 2016, 11:52:25 am »
@campioni - that's EXACTLY what Ian isn't mentioning.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2016, 12:35:03 pm by Harinder »

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #37 on: February 8, 2016, 12:06:00 pm »
Did you get a free jam butty and cup of tea off your Mum while you were doing all this?  ;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 8, 2016, 12:36:42 pm »
Did you get a free jam butty and cup of tea off your Mum while you were doing all this?  ;)

Lol - no. Just a lot of stick from the wife  ;D

This is where we need a sales and marketing person do aid presentation layer  :) With 20 tiers of ticket pricing it's not an easy task to show what's going on

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #39 on: February 8, 2016, 12:44:26 pm »
Fantastic work guys !!  As said above if someone can make an infographic with the main points , it can be Tweeted, put on FB etc !

Thanks for that effort !!  :thumbup
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"