44 (10.9%)
Manchester City
108 (26.9%)
Tottenham Hotspur
60 (14.9%)
Anyone else.
4 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 402

Author Topic: The title race  (Read 35351 times)

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
The title race
« on: January 24, 2016, 06:46:30 pm »
15 games to go. Looks like a 4 hours race. Leicester, Arsenal, Man City and Spurs in the mix. Looks like an entertaining finish for a neutral (If they even exist). I reckon most in here would like to see Leicester win it out of that lot and with them having no cup commitments they might be worth a fiver at about 9/1. Who do you fancy lads ?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The title race
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 06:48:50 pm »
15 games to go. Looks like a 4 hours race. Leicester, Arsenal, Man City and Spurs in the mix. Looks like an entertaining finish for a neutral (If they even exist). I reckon most in here would like to see Leicester win it out of that lot and with them having no cup commitments they might be worth a fiver at about 9/1. Who do you fancy lads ?

So, a marathon then?  :P

Would obviously like to see Leicester do it but still think it'll be City

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 06:49:51 pm »
Wouldn't rule out Spurs.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 06:49:58 pm »
Such a pity we couldnt challenge, a  very low points total will be needed, hope leicester win yes, kind of nice to see spurs win it even though there a bunch of tory twats.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 06:51:12 pm »
So, a marathon then?  :P

Would obviously like to see Leicester do it but still think it'll be City
Damn autocorrect!! I wont be a tit about it and edit it. 4 hours it is  :)

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 06:53:01 pm »
I was thinking Arsenal but thats a huge loss for them today. I'd be siding with City now but they're not looking great either. Spurs are interesting theyre looking good and steady. I thought Leicester would fall away but theyre still up there so you've got to take them serious now. I still think when it comes down to it the players that have won things before will get the job done so I'll go with City.

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 06:53:11 pm »
Leicester's next three are Liverpool home then City and Arsenal both away. They come out of those games still top or within 3 points and they'll be in the mix come May in my opinion.

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 06:54:37 pm »
I've got a feeling for Spurs.

I think they're solid in the key areas. Good goalkeeper, good back four (particularly centrally) and a good striker, who consistently scores.

They haven't yet, but I just feel that Leicester will drop off the pace a bit, although I think they'll get top 4 which, in itself, is a great achievement for them.

Arsenal are Arsenal. Superb on their day. Extremely soft and beatable when it's not their day.

City will be thereabouts. However, they need to keep Aguero fit. I'm not convinced by them defensively either.

I'll go Spurs, City, Arsenal, Leicester......Unless we make a late surge  ;D
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 06:55:34 pm »
I'd put good money on Arsenal (but I won't  :P). Thought they were really good at Anfield, and even today against Chelsea they showed some very incisive movement inside the box. They are aggressive and very quick, with a top keeper to boot. They look more inspiring than City, who on the other hand look a bit jaded and inconsistent.

I had taken it for granted that Leicester would drop off, but it still hasn't happened. I hope they make top 4 at least, it'd be good for the league.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 06:55:59 pm »
Hope Leicester win it but got a feeling Spurs will.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 06:57:22 pm »
Who I want to win it:

1. Leicester
2. Arsenal
3. Spurs
4. City

The order I think it'll finish:

1. City
2. Arsenal
3. Leicester
4. Spurs
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 06:57:32 pm »
I hope Leicester do it, but I think the other City will pull clear and win it by 6/7 points.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 07:00:04 pm »
Spurs are certainly challenging for the title. Bounced back well after the Leicester loss. It'll be crazy if they were to end up winning it. Always associated them with being losers.

This team though is very good and resilient. Classy squad they have. Good first team and back-ups too.

Think in the end City should win it. The likes of Aguero, Silva and De Bruyne will show their quality. Though if Aguero were to have another lay-off, then i'll go for Arsenal with Coquelin, Cazorla amd Sanchez all coming back.

Leicester won't win it. I just can't see it happening at all. The other three are the main contenders.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 07:00:13 pm »
Such a pity we couldnt challenge, a  very low points total will be needed, hope leicester win yes, kind of nice to see spurs win it even though there a bunch of tory twats.
Yeah i think we all feel that way but at least its not Chelsea or Man United.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 07:01:21 pm »
Pretty confident City will win it with Arsenal 2nd, who knows with both Leicester and Spurs, they're both still likely to stumble quite badly imo.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 07:02:03 pm »
Hope Leicester win it but got a feeling Spurs will.

Spurs just seem to be getting the rub of the green so far this season. Big decisions going for them, no long term injuries to key players, a reliable goal scorer to call on etc...

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 07:03:58 pm »
I hope Leicester do it, but I think the other City will pull clear and win it by 6/7 points.

Aye. Arsenal will no doubt go into their end of season meltdown and I can't help but feel Leicester are a Vardy / Manrez / Kante injury away from a collapse in form. Spurs could be the team to push City all the way.

Sincerely hope Leicester go on and win it, but City surely have the squad depth to see them through and win it.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 07:04:08 pm »
I hope Leicester win it and if not them then Man City. No fucking way in any universe will i ever want Arsenal or Spurs to win it.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 07:07:07 pm »
Makes sense if you live in london, killer!
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 07:10:59 pm »
Who I want to win it:

1. Liverpool
2. Leicester
3. Arsenal
4. City

1. Arsenal
2. City
3. Spurs
4. Liverpool
Fixed :wave

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 07:17:19 pm »
Spurs luck with injuries will run out and if not they'll simply bottle it because they are not used to the pressure.
Arsenal have already started to bottle it, but they'll be in the mix until the end.
Leicester I don't see as viable contenders (I know it has been said before). They'll slowly drop off a bit and finish third.
City to win it by inertia and being less of bottlers.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 07:29:21 pm »
Who I want to win it:

1. Leicester
2. Arsenal
3. Spurs
4. City

1. City
2. Arsenal
3. Leicester
4. Spurs
Hey you! Tubby! Where is Manchester United? Your list is shite!

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2016, 07:31:38 pm »
Funny one. In normal years it would be say one of arsenal or Dity being the ones I'd want to stop Chelsea or United winning it. Now I hope Leicester do it. Don't want Spurs to, that would be depressing. Feels now or never for Arsenal and Wenger, wouldn't begrudge them winning it if Leicester do fade.

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2016, 07:37:20 pm »
Anyone but Spurs.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2016, 09:26:40 pm »
To hell with you'll be pleased with City winning it. You want to see that rat Sterling with a premier league medal? I'd rather Leicester or who I think will win it Arsenal.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2016, 09:34:04 pm »
City's poor away record will be their downfall. Alexis back from injury is a huge bonus for Arsenal. They'll just squeak it imo.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2016, 09:35:39 pm »
City will win it. Home to Arsenal second last game of the season and then away to Swansea. Keep themselves within a couple points and they'll take
Spurs luck with injuries will run out and if not they'll simply bottle it because they are not used to the pressure.
Arsenal have already started to bottle it, but they'll be in the mix until the end.
Leicester I don't see as viable contenders (I know it has been said before). They'll slowly drop off a bit and finish third.
City to win it by inertia and being less of bottlers.
Leicester have already dropped off a bit, only 2 wins in six, just the other two have 5 wins from 12 combined. All three haven't been that great recently. Actually looking at it City are the only one out of them and Arsenal beat a top half team (10th place Watford) in the last 6 games as well, that's really quite bad.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2016, 09:38:57 pm »
If Aguero stays fit for City they win it. 

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2016, 09:43:18 pm »
I hope Leicester win it, but I voted Arsenal, and I'd rather them win it than City. Sanchez back for them now. Him and Ozil can get them by most of the time and Giroud has been alright. Probably isn't that long until Coquelin is back either. Leicester will finish top 4.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2016, 09:44:03 pm »
Whoever wins it this season will be the best of a bad bunch. If Spurs keep Harry Kane fit I've got a sneaky feeling they'll win it.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2016, 09:47:27 pm »
I hope Leicester do it. I really do. They deserve it. Played well, beat everyone (pretty much) and it'd be boss wouldn't it

I think Man City will win it though. Arsenal 2nd and Leicester will be 3rd or 4th which would be amazing in itself. If they don't win it then I hope they finish 3rd and get automatic qualification to the CL. Would be mental seeing them in there

Like others have said it's a massive shame we haven't been involved but we will be soon

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2016, 09:51:12 pm »
Fancied Spurs for a while despite getting mocked on here.

They win the next two (Norwich and Watford) meaning they can go to City near the top.

Leicester have us, City and Arsenal as next three.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2016, 10:11:46 pm »
Arsenal win it, the triangle passing, long sleeve wearing fannies
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2016, 10:13:26 pm »
Man City will win it imo. They stay in mix with indifferent results.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2016, 10:18:09 pm »
Hope Man City or Arsenal win it, preferably Arsenal.

If Leicester or Spurs win the league everyone at LFC should hang their heads in shame.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2016, 10:41:20 pm »
Spurs will Spurs it, Arsenal will Arsenal it, Leicester will fall short leaving Citeeeeh to win it

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2016, 10:46:58 pm »
this is so depressing.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2016, 10:47:49 pm »
Worst PL in living memory. If Arsenal don't win it this season, Wenger will never win it again.

I voted City.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2016, 11:28:08 pm »
I'll be pretty disappointed if anyone else makes top four from this point.  Unless it's us obviously.  I'd be fine with West Ham pipping someone too I guess.

I'll be disgusted if United do it, I guess is what I'm saying.  Was hardly worth posting.

Arsenal to win it.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2016, 11:44:43 pm »
I'll be pretty disappointed if anyone else makes top four from this point.  Unless it's us obviously.  I'd be fine with West Ham pipping someone too I guess.

I'll be disgusted if United do it, I guess is what I'm saying.  Was hardly worth posting.

Arsenal to win it.

:D