Author Topic: 2016 Formula 1 Thread  (Read 156273 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: 2016 Formula 1 Thread
« Reply #960 on: May 29, 2016, 03:28:53 pm »
Doesn't seem to have been any brake issues with Rosberg at all..

Just didn't have the pace...... Odd..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #961 on: May 29, 2016, 03:56:56 pm »
Man.. to be Ricciardo right now.

3 races on the trot being the best driver out there with nothing to show for it.

Amazing that Red Bull could f*ck up that badly (again) on their driver's maiden pole position, at Monaco of all places.

Not sure how he held it all together for the rest of the race to be honest.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #962 on: May 29, 2016, 05:00:58 pm »
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

What a win. Brilliant strategy call to stay out on the wets and jump straight to full slicks, on a track like Monaco you can keep a car behind you thats a few seconds a lap faster and it really paid off, with a big helping hand from RBR making an arse of themselves and ruining Ricciardos race again. The strategy call last race was at least justifiable, Ferrari did the same move with Vettel thinking it was the right call, hindsight and all that. But this was horrendous. A mix up in communication between the pit wall upstairs and the mechanics it seems, just awful. Cost them a win for sure.

Brilliant drive from Perez to finish on the podium. Not sure what happened with Rosberg, he had a bit of a brake issue initially, but didnt mention it harming his pace later on, he said he just couldnt find the pace and wasnt comfortable in the car. Fair play for being a sport and letting Hamilton through, it was the right call for the team. Canada will be interesting, its a race Hamilton is usually blistering at so can see another great battle between them.

Such a huge win for Lewis, slashes the gap, has his confidence back. Just what he needed.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #963 on: May 29, 2016, 07:40:00 pm »
Toto saying no brake issue with Rosberg. He just can't drive that well in wet around Monaco then.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: May 29, 2016, 07:59:29 pm »
Toto saying no brake issue with Rosberg. He just can't drive that well in wet around Monaco then.

The gap when Hamilton went by was astonishing. It was like Rosberg was in a silver painted Manor, Lewis was about 5 seconds up the road a lap or 2 later.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: May 29, 2016, 08:15:58 pm »

The real clincher for me was the way he capitulated to Hulkenberg at the end the moment it started raining again.

He's got to just get it out of his head I guess - the championship is about more than driving Monaco in the wet. I'm by no means his biggest fan but would feel a little sorry for him if this becomes another stick that people use to beat him with.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #966 on: May 29, 2016, 08:34:49 pm »
The gap when Hamilton went by was astonishing. It was like Rosberg was in a silver painted Manor, Lewis was about 5 seconds up the road a lap or 2 later.
Was this about driving talent in the wet on a circuit where any mistake means you're out of the race or was he just struggling to get heat into his tyres which could be set up related?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: May 29, 2016, 09:33:49 pm »
Was this about driving talent in the wet on a circuit where any mistake means you're out of the race or was he just struggling to get heat into his tyres which could be set up related?

Bit of both imo. With the fact he was 40 odd points ahead in championship and didn't want to make a mistake. This will affect his confidence. Hamilton after all his unbelievable ridiculous bad luck is only 26 points behind with a nothing to lose feeling. I'd be worried if i was Rosberg.

Championship still rosbergs to lose though.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #968 on: May 29, 2016, 09:36:43 pm »
So Canada next, presumably Mercedes back on top there.

Ferrari need to up there game.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #969 on: May 29, 2016, 09:42:12 pm »
I thought it might be...

Rosberg just couldn't get the car to work in the conditions....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #970 on: May 29, 2016, 09:43:39 pm »
The real clincher for me was the way he capitulated to Hulkenberg at the end the moment it started raining again.

He's got to just get it out of his head I guess - the championship is about more than driving Monaco in the wet. I'm by no means his biggest fan but would feel a little sorry for him if this becomes another stick that people use to beat him with.

There are plenty of drivers who have won Championships who never enjoyed racing in the wet. Alain Prost for one hated it. That was partly because he was involved in the accident that finished Didier Pironi's career. It was the fact that Pironi never actually saw Prost until his Ferrari hit the back of Prost's Renault. Some thing like that leaves a mark on you I guess.

Also if you drive a car by feeling, and suddenly all the grip has gone, then it is always going to be a challenge to drive to your usual standard. That is why wet weather racing is such a leveller. Rosberg does remind me a bit of Prost who had the nick-name the Professor, which sometimes meant his achievements were down played, as he wasn't that spectacular. It doesn't help that he and Hamilton have been involved in so many petty disputes, which doesn't help either of their reputations. At times they both come across as spoilt brats.

But most of all it is because he is Rosberg and the Hamilton fans love to hate him, all really pathetic. It is another reason why someone else needs to come forward and lead a challenge to the Mercedes team, and drag us away from this predictable bore feast.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #971 on: May 29, 2016, 09:44:56 pm »
Bit of both imo. With the fact he was 40 odd points ahead in championship and didn't want to make a mistake. This will affect his confidence. Hamilton after all his unbelievable ridiculous bad luck is only 26 points behind with a nothing to lose feeling. I'd be worried if i was Rosberg.

Championship still rosbergs to lose though.
Yeah I agree with that. Rosberg went into a very defensive stratergy today, not taking risks on a circuit that punishes you especially in the wet. I think that's the difference between him and Hamilton, if Hamilton was in the same position he'd have been going all out for the win still. Rosberg was negative and couldn't get heat into his tyres.

It will be interesting to see how Rosberg reacts now he's under a bit of pressure.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 09:47:59 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #972 on: May 29, 2016, 11:57:15 pm »
A wet race in monaco is the great test. If they did well today, they're good at being an F1 driver. If not, they're flattered by their car and a bit like me at racing games - quick but very erratic.

Verstappen is excepted from that by being 18.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #973 on: May 30, 2016, 08:53:32 am »
Outside bet: Force India on the podium, Manor get a point.
go you
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: May 30, 2016, 08:59:03 am »
Red Bull really fucked that one up. at least 10 seconds slower in the pits, even still Ricciardo wasnt far back at that stage. even if the pit stop was 8 seconds he would have been fine. Reminded me of Irvine in the Nurburgring years ago.

Hamilton hasnt had a lot of luck this season but he got repaid some of it yesterday, Red bull messing up then Rosberg on the last lap. To be fair he drove brilliantly on the wet tyres and had to withstand some pressure.

Good podium for Force India too and a nice haul for McLaren

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: May 30, 2016, 09:24:59 am »
Then again, Hamilton had bad luck in qualifying and might have been on pole if it weren't for technical issues....

Over the weekend it evened out....

Verstappen is an interesting driver.  But I wonder how tough it must be to drive on a track that nearly killed your dad.,..?
W

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: May 30, 2016, 09:37:07 am »
Verstappen is an interesting driver.  But I wonder how tough it must be to drive on a track that nearly killed your dad.,..?

Monaco? Really don't remember that one (and can't find it on YouTube)

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: May 30, 2016, 09:39:50 am »
I'm not sure that would of factored into his thinking Tepid. Although I can't remember the crash your referring to.

Hes super quick and super fearless but I've always thought you need to have a bit of fear driving round the streets of Monaco because it's a circuit that demands so much respect and concentration. Anyone can crash round Monaco because it's so easy to Snatch a brake or miss your braking point and get hit from behind. I think most 18 year olds would crash if I'm being honest.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #978 on: May 30, 2016, 09:40:25 am »
Red Bull really fucked that one up. at least 10 seconds slower in the pits, even still Ricciardo wasnt far back at that stage. even if the pit stop was 8 seconds he would have been fine. Reminded me of Irvine in the Nurburgring years ago.

Hamilton hasnt had a lot of luck this season but he got repaid some of it yesterday, Red bull messing up then Rosberg on the last lap. To be fair he drove brilliantly on the wet tyres and had to withstand some pressure.

Good podium for Force India too and a nice haul for McLaren

Hamilton was 15 seconds behind Ricciardo when Rosberg let him past. He deserves all the credit for making up that original differential by staying out on the full wets. Brave move. The pitstop was just one of those things that can happen. If Lewis had not of suffered the fuel pressure issues in qualifying, he might of finished on pole. Swings and roundabouts.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: May 30, 2016, 09:43:29 am »
Hamilton was 15 seconds behind Ricciardo when Rosberg let him past. He deserves all the credit for making up that original differential by staying out on the full wets. Brave move. The pitstop was just one of those things that can happen. If Lewis had not of suffered the fuel pressure issues in qualifying, he might of finished on pole. Swings and roundabouts.
exactly

Then again, Hamilton had bad luck in qualifying and might have been on pole if it weren't for technical issues....

Over the weekend it evened out....

I have no recollection of that at all, i am going to guess you mixed him up with Karl Wendlinger in 1994?

Speaking of Wendlinger he was driving for Sauber that day, they had a mare yesterday.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: May 30, 2016, 09:47:01 am »
exactly
 I have no recollection of that at all, i am going to guess you mixed him up with Karl Wendlinger in 1994?

Speaking of Wendlinger he was driving for Sauber that day, they had a mare yesterday.
I am.... How did that happen.....?

Well, I know why.... I always did get them mixed up and it's hit me again 20 years on ;D

Oh well...

W

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: May 30, 2016, 09:58:17 am »
I am.... How did that happen.....?

Well, I know why.... I always did get them mixed up and it's hit me again 20 years on ;D

Oh well...

to be fair jos was a bit erratic. Brazil 1994 he had that barrell roll on his debut, also remember hockenheim and the pit lane fire. he was a lucky boy there

Offline murphs316

• Kopite
  • 5 Star Heros to 7 Hit Wonders
« Reply #982 on: May 30, 2016, 11:30:25 am »

Cutting corners and being able to keep your lead also helps

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #983 on: May 30, 2016, 11:31:44 am »
with the amount of bitterness that flies around in here it should probably be renamed the everton thread.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: May 30, 2016, 11:32:58 am »
with the amount of bitterness that flies around in here it should probably be renamed the everton thread.

;D It's pathetic isn't it
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: May 30, 2016, 11:34:04 am »
hilarious how people get wound up by hamilton so much

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #986 on: May 30, 2016, 11:36:59 am »
hilarious how people get wound up by hamilton so much
As I've always said, he's very much like Mansell in that....

A bit of a prat, but a racer, he just wants to win by being very fast  rather than manage a race....

W

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #987 on: May 30, 2016, 01:16:00 pm »
Cutting corners and being able to keep your lead also helps

Ricciardo was equally out of shape, from the entrance to the tunnel, through it and out the other side. Even when Hamilton cut across his line Ricciardo was flicking sideways on the power. There was no way he was getting by.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: May 30, 2016, 08:49:11 pm »
go you
Eh, half right.  Must do better.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #989 on: June 9, 2016, 01:35:20 pm »
Anybody know where I can watch the Monaco coverage online?

My Virgin box stopped recording about fifteen minutes after the podium stuff, and my usual download links didn't work out.  Wouldn't mind watching Sky Sports' post-race coverage.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: June 9, 2016, 04:40:31 pm »
Anybody know where I can watch the Monaco coverage online?

My Virgin box stopped recording about fifteen minutes after the podium stuff, and my usual download links didn't work out.  Wouldn't mind watching Sky Sports' post-race coverage.
PM'd you mate.  Recommend this though for coverage of all the races, hope you have a large hard drive for them though!

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/wiki/streaming
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #991 on: June 11, 2016, 11:02:04 am »
Massa maybe should have kept his mouth shut about questioning Hamilton's concentration because he likes to party - given he then went and crashed in turn 1  ;D

Merc looking fast again, and won't even be turned up to 11 yet. Others aren't a million miles away like.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #992 on: June 11, 2016, 11:07:43 am »
Massa maybe should have kept his mouth shut about questioning Hamilton's concentration because he likes to party - given he then went and crashed in turn 1  ;D

Merc looking fast again, and won't even be turned up to 11 yet. Others aren't a million miles away like.

Wasn't Massa's fault that.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #993 on: June 11, 2016, 11:09:43 pm »
Nice to see Vettel finally post a competitive time at last

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #994 on: June 12, 2016, 12:23:07 pm »
anyone know what brundle's "small procedure" was?

Offline cissepower

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: June 12, 2016, 07:04:17 pm »
Great start Seb!
~~Justice For The 96, You'll Never Walk Alone~~

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #996 on: June 12, 2016, 07:04:22 pm »
Great start from Vettel! Hamilton shit as usual.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: June 12, 2016, 07:08:53 pm »
Rosberg :lmao :lmao :lmao
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #998 on: June 12, 2016, 07:17:37 pm »
Button's car on fire.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #999 on: June 12, 2016, 07:22:54 pm »
no team radio of rosberg moaning about banging wheels with hamilton.