Author Topic: **SPOILERS** Star Wars: The Force Awakens **SPOILERS** Now with genuine spoilers  (Read 102668 times)

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Do we even know he is looking at a gravestone? Looked more like a rock jutting out near the edge of a cliff than a grave.

looked like a rock to me too. though some seem to have decided it's a grave for some reason.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Do we even know he is looking at a gravestone? Looked more like a rock jutting out near the edge of a cliff than a grave.
I didn't see a grave either, but given that he's in an old monastery, it's likely that there's graves there :P
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
yeah I don't think its a grave
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
Saw it for the second time this morning and loved it even more. I was a tad tense watching it the first time, perhaps through fear of being disappointed. This time I was more relaxed, picked up on things I'd previously missed, appreciated the character development and acting ability and the sheer extravagance of the movie as a whole. I was even a little critical of the Snoke character first time around but enjoyed the exchanges with him, Ren and Hux this time.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

Could well be right (could be anyone's grave - or not one at all) this isn't great and the TFA cam versions doing the rounds aren't too great in picture quality, this from another site:-

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
^ misleading that. What you can't see are all the other rock formations around him.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
who would the gravestone be for?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
who would the gravestone be for?

Rey's mum/his wife if I had to guess, or maybe he took Yoda's body there
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
Yoda had no body to 'take' if you watched your ROTJ...
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
^ misleading that. What you can't see are all the other rock formations around him.

the things we do for rawk... :)

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59qzKQycp4A&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 02:21:17 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
The problem I have with the whole 'she's Luke's daughter' idea is; the timeline doesn't fit. If Kylo Ren turned on Luke it has to have been 10 years ago max he'd have been too small/young any further back than that. If that's the case then Leia/Han/Kylo would all have known both Rey and her mother and why would they not have stayed with Han/Leia when Luke decided to go on a self imposed exile?

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
The problem I have with the whole 'she's Luke's daughter' idea is; the timeline doesn't fit. If Kylo Ren turned on Luke it has to have been 10 years ago max he'd have been too small/young any further back than that. If that's the case then Leia/Han/Kylo would all have known both Rey and her mother and why would they not have stayed with Han/Leia when Luke decided to go on a self imposed exile?

I have found that regarding both the prequels and this new lot, it helps if you don't use logic or what makes actual sense - You'll find none of that fella

Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off

it's no more than a theory/assumption. Don't worry about it.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
In the book of the film it states that Rey is almost 20 if that helps anyone :P

So far it doesn't say how old Ren is.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I have found that regarding both the prequels and this new lot, it helps if you don't use logic or what makes actual sense - You'll find none of that fella

Yup. Should also consider that JJ Abrams is working on that. Remember Lost...
What do Fernando Hierro, Carles Puyol, Philipp Lahm, Andres Iniesta, Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Jordan Henderson share in common?

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96

Innit!

BTW - just watched a cam version and Im calling it- Kylo Snape
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
Watched it again on Sunday and it was even better than 1st viewing. You pick up on little things that were missed and notice little nods and hints to the originals which are nice. The Han scene was even worse then 2nd viewing. 1st time round I was in shock (even though I knew what was happening), 2nd time I was in tears. It's one of my favourite moments from the whole saga. Perfectly done. The emotion, the lighting, the obvious fight between light and dark for Ren. Just perfect

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
The monsters that Han and Chewie were transporting....

Flying spaghetti monsters??
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Don't know if it's very Star Warsy so probably very wrong, but I'd thought about the idea that Luke doesn't know he has a kid, her mother ran off to have her after they got a bit naughty when jedis aren't really meant to.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 03:23:19 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock

Yeah, you know what? I've been watching TV for a long, long time and I remember "Lost" as one of the greatest series that has ever been on. I know I'm one of the only ones who thinks this at this point and that's fine.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Maybe there is no father. Anakin was conceived without one.

Just got back from watching it with my 4yo. I thought it was brilliant.

The thing I never enjoyed about the prequels was it was set years before 4,5,6 but felt too futuristic. This nails the setting, it kinda only feels a few years later despite how much technology has moved on 30 years from then. The interior of the ships and everything, just feels right.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 04:03:34 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
Don't know if it's very Star Warsy so probably very wrong, but I'd thought about the idea that Luke doesn't know he has a kid, her mother ran off to have her after they got a bit naughty when jedis aren't really meant to.

Not for me, although there's the precedent of Anakin/Vader not knowing he has kids, the idea that Han/Leia/Luke have a daughter they don't know or 'feel' is a homage too far for me. My theory is that she's a Kenobi. It was Obi Wan's voices she heard in the force vision, not Luke's. It was Obi Wan's apprentices that owned that lightsabre. Perhaps the excalibur scene was simply about about the force choosing the best path to the current owner, Luke, rather than to his heir. And the pleading look on Rey's face as she offers Luke the sabre at the end? Had me in bits, that.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
The whole Jedi can't have attachments thing is out the window at this point. If Luke even knew of such a tradition.

And according to JJ, he had very little to do with Lost.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
Article on deleted scenes that had to be cut

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-force-awkens-deleted-scenes/

Original running length was 2 hrs 40 mins, so about 25 minutes was cut

I'd bet lots of the weaknesses would have been dealt on JJ Abrams originall running time.

Hope an extended edition with his extended scenes is released at some point
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
I keep watching the trailer again and again...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
The part when the music crescendos with Han and Leia's theme song was my favourite bit.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
any irish lads find that skellig michel pulls you out of the story? your suspension of belief is suspended because basically a galaxy far far away is taking place in your back garden? looks great though!

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
Maybe it was one for Han. No body of course, but Luke would have felt his death in the force.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I watched Episodes 4-6 and 1-3 this last week, since I saw the new one (twice!) I do know the 1-3 get some hate, but I really enjoyed them. The whole thing is a great, great story. Brilliant stuff and can't wait for the next one.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
I watched Episodes 4-6 and 1-3 this last week, since I saw the new one (twice!) I do know the 1-3 get some hate, but I really enjoyed them. The whole thing is a great, great story. Brilliant stuff and can't wait for the next one.

I did the same thing. 1-3 is a pile of shit. There are absolutely no redeeming features for it. It's 6 hours of killing droids and a competition for who can be the most annoying, with multiple winners.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
The whole Jedi can't have attachments thing is out the window at this point. If Luke even knew of such a tradition.

And according to JJ, he had very little to do with Lost.

Was the thing about Jedi's not being allowed attachments started in the prequels? Or has it been around longer? I ask because I get the feeling that Disney/JJ.Abrams were pretty much stuck with accepting the prequels as part of the SWU, but they're choosing to just kind of ignore those films and a lot of the stuff they set up.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Was the thing about Jedi's not being allowed attachments started in the prequels? Or has it been around longer? I ask because I get the feeling that Disney/JJ.Abrams were pretty much stuck with accepting the prequels as part of the SWU, but they're choosing to just kind of ignore those films and a lot of the stuff they set up.
It was all prequels, with Lucas trying to make the relationship between Anakin and Padme forbidden. I haven't read much EU, but I believe Luke was married and had kids in that...not that that stuff matters anymore.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
It was all prequels, with Lucas trying to make the relationship between Anakin and Padme forbidden. I haven't read much EU, but I believe Luke was married and had kids in that...not that that stuff matters anymore.

Yeah I think the idea of Jedi not having partners/family will be completely ignored then, which kinda makes sense anyway as I doubt Yoda would've had time to go over all of the red tape with Luke.

I don't think I saw any references to the old "fear leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, ..." line in the new movie either, I think that could be another facet of the force that they do away with as it was a bit bollocks the way they treated it almost as a fact.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan

I'm glad some of the crap they ignored, remember this pearl of wisdom: "Only the Sith deal in absolutes"
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
I'm glad some of the crap they ignored, remember this pearl of wisdom: "Only the Sith deal in absolutes"
"Only a sith deals in absolutes" haha i remember that. Ultimate irony, being an absolute statement in itself.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan

And that sodding prophecy, although that might've returned to some extent with Ren's ambition to finish what Vader started.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Info (and pics) on some of the deleted scenes for TFA - http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-force-awkens-deleted-scenes/

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
Hi, it's time to let go of the EU. :wave

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
Hi, it's time to let go of the EU. :wave

Why? Disney haven't. Kylo Ren's backstory is basically Kyp Durron's story. I'm sure Rogue One will have more than a few passing resemblances to the rogue/wraith squadron books and you really think Boba Fett's spin off wont contain any of his history the EU created.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In case any light Star Wars dabblers are passing through and wondering what the hell the European Union has got to do with it, EU = Expanded Universe. You're welcome. Yes, I had to google. Damn nerds.