Author Topic: Thank you and good luck, Brendan.  (Read 32376 times)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Thank you and good luck, Brendan.
« on: October 4, 2015, 06:45:05 pm »
I've started this just to pay thanks to Rodgers. Ultimately I think it's the right decision, however Rodgers has served us extremely well and gave his all for us. We can disagree over tactics, selections, signings and many other things but at the heart of it all Rodgers performed to the best of his abilities.

The other threads will be a mash up of people bickering and talking about potential replacements, but I thought a separate thread to simply thank and wish our outgoing manager well would be appropriate. Do excuse me if you think otherwise.

Good luck and goodbye, Brendan. I wish you all the absolute best in the future.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Thank you and good luck, Brendan.
« Reply #1 on: October 4, 2015, 06:47:21 pm »
He gave us quite a wild ride. 2013/14 will be a season I will never forget. 2014/15 will be a season I will never forget for other reasons.

He had a lot of ideas, I just wish he had stuck to them and played the football he wanted to. He's still learning and I think he'll go on to be a decent manager wherever he ends up.

Thanks for everything Brendan. You made us dream for a while, so long and thanks for everything!

:wave

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 4, 2015, 06:50:02 pm »
Well it's a shame the first reply in this thread is a bullshit post but I do agree. Regardless of the rights and wrongs, there's no doubt 2013/2014 was a thrilling ride even though we ultimately didn't win the league. But he tried his best and we can't ask for much more than that. Good luck, hopefully we'll see him in the opposition dugout at some point in the near future.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline steampie

• Kopite
  • Truth yes, now Justice.
« Reply #3 on: October 4, 2015, 06:50:07 pm »
Meh

Well done to you for taking the time to come into this thread and post this.  Truly every one of your 39k+ posts must be equal in quality.

Anyhow, I will echo the OP; the 13/14 season was wonderful, if ultimately heartbreaking.  And whilst some of the press conference comments were bizarre, that happens with every manager.  He seemed to 'get' Liverpool and conducted himself in the manner befitting our great bluc.

Thanks Brendan.
I think [naming your daughter] Fuckoffyoubitterblueshitebastards Becker has a nice ring to it.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4 on: October 4, 2015, 06:50:26 pm »
I'll never forget 13/14, the wildest ride of my time supporting the club.

Thanks Brendan, good luck for the future.

Offline livesound

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: October 4, 2015, 06:51:36 pm »
Feels a bit strange despite being the right thing to do. Best of luck.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 4, 2015, 06:52:33 pm »
Best of luck Brendan.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #7 on: October 4, 2015, 06:53:18 pm »
I'll never forget 13/14, the wildest ride of my time supporting the club.

Thanks Brendan, good luck for the future.
:D

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 4, 2015, 06:53:38 pm »
Good luck Brendan, shame it didn't work out for you lad.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9 on: October 4, 2015, 06:53:44 pm »
Here here....

A good man, he gave us our best year of football in a long long time.

He will be warmly welcomed back I suspect.
He won't be out of work long.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #10 on: October 4, 2015, 06:54:28 pm »
2013/14 was a dream trip
Thanks Brendan and best of luck

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 4, 2015, 06:54:31 pm »
Should never become personal whatever the circumstances

I'm sure he'll not want for opportunities
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline YoungKopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: October 4, 2015, 06:54:38 pm »
Thank you Brendan Rodgers. I wish you the best of luck for the future.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 4, 2015, 06:55:05 pm »
Never got our defence right properly but would 2013/2014 have been as exhilarating if he had? :D The time is right I think, let's crack on.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 4, 2015, 06:56:03 pm »
Thanks for making us dream and getting so close to the holy grail 2 years ago.

Shame it never worked out but football is a results game and in the end they wasn't good enough.

I wish you well in the future, as long as it isn't at a rival down the line.
choose Life.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #15 on: October 4, 2015, 06:56:04 pm »
Here here!

He represented our club with pride and he'll find success elsewhere.

2013/14 was an incredible journey and he was a part of that.

All the best to him

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 4, 2015, 06:56:47 pm »
Thanks brendan and good luck for the future

As much as he was some times irritating i still found it difficult to ever dislike him unlike some of what i've seen.

I think he's got the makings of a great manager and he will have learned a lot from his time here.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #17 on: October 4, 2015, 06:57:18 pm »
Good luck in whatever he does next, will never forget how close he took us to the title.

What a seson that was, me and my lad went to 35 out of the 42 games, the aways were bouncing 20 mins after the whistle, smashing teams left right and centre, Arsenal and the Eve at home, what games they were.

Greeting the team coaches with flags and smoke bombs, happy times.

As Stevie once said.....' ALL THE BEST '.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 4, 2015, 06:57:54 pm »
Brendan, whatever else happened, you gave me the one of the best times as an LFC fan.
Istanbul was good, but our run to 2nd, game after game simply DESTROYING teams while shipping goals too, was probably the most exciting time I've ever had as an LFC fan.

You've had a tough time and could probably do with some time off to sort your head out and really come to terms with the shit you've had going on in your personal life.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19 on: October 4, 2015, 06:58:00 pm »
I take no glee in a Liverpool manager being sacked.

I enjoyed Hodgson getting booted I have to admit.

But this upsets me in the way it did when Houllier left. So near yet so far and then couldn't sustain it. But 100+ goals in a season was truly breathtaking.

Goodbye and good luck.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 4, 2015, 06:58:35 pm »
In 13/14 we were fucking great and a joy to watch... Although I think Suarez played a huge part of this (obviously) - you have to give credit to Rodgers too...

Thanks for this great season... with 09 one of the closest ones we came to win it...

Sadly his inexperience in Europe and some of his (wasteful) signings played a huge part of it...

Anyways thank you for the great memories and good luck in the future

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 4, 2015, 06:59:03 pm »
Given me some fantastic memories that I'll never forget. Best of luck in the future Brendan.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 4, 2015, 06:59:36 pm »
Though my patience with Rodgers wore thinner than thin I wish him every success in his career. His press conference after the United game made my blood boil and it was the straw that broke the camel's back for me, I thought then it was a time for some fresh ideas to take us forward. Despite this I have the utmost respect for him as he delivered a season of football unmatched in my life. A man of class right to the very end and a man who's represented the club with dignity and honour and for that every single fan should hold him in the highest regard. He'll never walk alone

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #23 on: October 4, 2015, 07:01:00 pm »
Never had anything personal against the man. I never cared about his private life, commented on it, nor wished to. He's had a tough time (losing his parents, marriage problems, etc) and at the end of the day, he's a human being just like any one of us.

He's tried his best, and that's all we could have really asked for. Thank you for one of the best times this club has seen in recent times, it will live long in the memory. Perhaps even always. For whatever reason, it just didn't work out. It wasn't meant be. Whilst I think he won't manage a top club again anytime soon, I wish that he gets on with well with his life, rebuilds his career, and succeeds wherever he ends up. I'm sure he'll do well somewhere, where perhaps expectations aren't as high. Good luck to him, and we can now finally turn the last page of a book that has been 3 years in the making.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 4, 2015, 07:01:42 pm »
Had more fun watching Liverpool under Rodgers than anyone else I think, even the 05 CL we weren't playing football like that.

Think he'll walk into another PL job no problem and I wish him all the best.  Plenty of clubs will be looking for a new manager soon.

Offline Adeel90

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #25 on: October 4, 2015, 07:02:07 pm »
Absolutely, always found the personal attacks ridiculous. Best of luck Brendan, never have I seen a Liverpool team play such exhilarating football as in 2013/2014. Really thought we would have a long relationship but somethings just aren't meant to be and the job came too early for him I think. I am sure he will go away and be a better manager for it in the future.

Thank you for your hard work Brendan and I have no doubt you always had the clubs best interests at heart. You always acted as a Liverpool manager should regardless of the on the field stuff.
'Aim for the sky and you will reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you won't get off the floor.' Bill Shankly

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #26 on: October 4, 2015, 07:02:13 pm »
It happens to all managers - but I feel for anyone who loses their job (Hodge apart).

Cheers for 2013/14 - just the sheer emotion and enjoyment of it brings a smile to the face.

Am sure he'll get another good job elsewhere and will hopefully have learnt from his time here to improve further.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ElDuderino

• Main Stander
« Reply #27 on: October 4, 2015, 07:02:14 pm »
Cheers Brendan, gave me one of my most enjoyable seasons as a Liverpool fan. Never stopped being classy. The right decision all around, but absolutely nothing against him what so ever.

Offline MrEazi1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 4, 2015, 07:02:35 pm »
He gave it absolutely everything, ultimately it wasn't enough in the end.

This job is one of the hardest in the world, we've seen the impact it has had on Shankly, Kenny, Evans, Houllier and Benitez. Its not easy managing Liverpool FC. Its been hard watching the energy drain out of Rodgers the past year and how toxic the atmosphere has become.

Thank you for 2013/14. The football we played between January 2013 and May 2014 was magical, you could see everything come together and we were a slip away from winning the league. He would be up there with the greats of this club had he pulled off the ultimate underdog story.

The personal abuse has been disgusting because he wasn't like that twat Hodgson. He cared, he's always conducted himself with dignity and class and he wanted to win like all of us. He's tried everything to make it work, from formation changes to personnel switches along with having to sell his two best players and oversee the exits of two club legends in Gerrard and Carragher.

He will have a bright future in the game I'm sure. Best of luck Brendan, YNWA.

Offline Gegenpresser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 4, 2015, 07:02:37 pm »
Good luck, Brendan. It's a shame things became so toxic, but we can't forget that he engineered the most entertaining Liverpool side of the 21st century

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 4, 2015, 07:02:55 pm »
Great OP.

I wish Rodgers well and I have no doubt he'll go on to have a good career.  Can't help but like the bloke.

Offline bissozwei

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #31 on: October 4, 2015, 07:03:45 pm »
He genuinely seemed to care and so it's with mixed emotions that I write this. He gave us a fantastic season that ended just a year and a half ago. I hope he finds himself a good job elsewhere and goes on to excel with the style of football that he represents. Best of luck to him.

Offline DrewBuchan

• Main Stander
« Reply #32 on: October 4, 2015, 07:04:12 pm »
Good luck Brendan.
Thanks for the ups !!!
Red or Dead

Offline fefs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 4, 2015, 07:04:54 pm »
all the best Brendan.
A shame it didn't work out but a manager I will remember with fondness

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #34 on: October 4, 2015, 07:05:12 pm »
Best football I've seen Liverpool play since '88. Thanks for the memory Brendan - and good luck in your next job.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 4, 2015, 07:05:13 pm »
Thanks and good luck Brendan.

Hope you learn from this experience and we meet again.
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 4, 2015, 07:05:59 pm »
Hear, hear!

Hold the man in great regard and 13/14 was an absolute (ly soul crushing!!) stormer of a season. Always spoke like a Liverpool manager, and always acted like he belonged and obviously held us in great stead.

Best of luck Brendan!

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 4, 2015, 07:06:28 pm »
Even if it was just for a few months, Brendan made us dream. The best attacking football I've seen from Liverpool in my life team and he oversaw and played a part in that. Whatever happened after that, in whatever way he seemed to lose sight of his philosophy and his principles, whatever mistakes he made, he was in charge of a team that played football that we'll never forget. For that alone he deserves a big thank you.

Good luck Brendan.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #38 on: October 4, 2015, 07:08:08 pm »
That 13/14 season will always be one of my fondest memories when it comes to Liverpool Football Club. Thank you so much Brendan and best of luck in your future career.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 4, 2015, 07:08:15 pm »
I don't remember ever getting caught up in a title charge so much. 08/09 we were always playing catch up. As with 01/02. 13/14 we had it in our hands with 3 to go and a bad tackle by Henderson cost us massively. Without a doubt the best football LFC have played that season.

Good luck for the future Brendan. We're on our way to glory.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT