Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4568425 times)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
How will this work when we're in an age of stupid, in which millions refuse to believe experts.

But what is the alternative? If we cannot persuade people through dialogue, the only other possible recourse is violence.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
I don't think all of them are bad people, you just can't engage with them because you have people like the fella above us who doesn't know what to think about 'pizzagate'. I mean how do you try to reason with people who are so set in their views they are willing to believe a conspiracy theories like that so readily just because they hate the other side so much.

I am not talking about those people. Some people are completely and literally unreasonably. Others are just misguided and might be turned through dialogue. Especially when things do not turn out as they expect.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Fuck just thought I would check out some of latest videos on Youtube about Pizza gate haven't really paid much attention to it and they are now trying to link Obama and Joe Biden to the sex ring.

I feel dirty now.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
Now I know you have to take these with a pinch of salt but you could reasonably say these people represent a portion of Trump's supporters. Just how do you go about trying to engage in a discussion with his supporters when they are willing to flip their opinions in the space of a sentence to justify Trump? I hope for America's sake these are plants by the Daily Show but the fact that you can't be sure must be depressing for any sane American.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iAQnXnQQCCI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iAQnXnQQCCI</a>

As per my previous reply. You cannot engage people like with logic. You have to persuade them through emotion. I could not formulate such an approach. I'd have to come up with something as asinine and full of shit as the stuff that comes out of Trumps mouth. I have too much self respect, and probably lack the ability in any case.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Fuck just thought I would check out some of latest videos on Youtube about Pizza gate haven't really paid much attention to it and they are now trying to link Obama and Joe Biden to the sex ring.

I feel dirty now.

And those videos will have more views than the amount of traffic that will go to an investigative journalism piece based on facts and actually set in reality. That's how you know the goose is cooked so to speak.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Now I know you have to take these with a pinch of salt but you could reasonably say these people represent a portion of Trump's supporters. Just how do you go about trying to engage in a discussion with his supporters when they are willing to flip their opinions in the space of a sentence to justify Trump? I hope for America's sake these are plants by the Daily Show but the fact that you can't be sure must be depressing for any sane American.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iAQnXnQQCCI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iAQnXnQQCCI</a>
same thing happens here with the far left and far right

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan

I feel dirty now.

It is depressing just how many complete wackos there are out there. Others might be doing for the 'lolz'. Either way, I wish it would just stop.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
It is depressing just how many complete wackos there are out there. Others might be doing for the 'lolz'. Either way, I wish it would just stop.

Alex Jones types have been given confidence and support to spread this kind of shit around, and the "alt right" are happy to push it across the internet.

Anything debunked by the The Fourth Estate or legit, qualified journalists instead of bloggers is a liberal coverup from the establishment. The right have fostered an environment where people don't trust or respect experts or the media
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
I know they were suffering, I'll just have no sympathy for them when nothing changes after choosing this charlatan as their saviour. Read the article above about his pick for secretary of labour, things are only going to get worse for the poorest and they're idiots for thinking a billionaire was going to bring about reforms to help the little guy.

I don't need to read the article.

But just because someone has certain beliefs doesn't mean any massive change happens.

Just like the minimum wage. Any change has to go through Congress in the form of a bill. Then to a sub committee for hearings. Then committee recommendations. Then open debate on the House and Senate floors. Any changes to the bill by either chamber means back to the other one for a new vote.

It will be some time before something see's the light of day..IF...anything at all does change.

Bear in mind, something drastic or draconian as a change to the minimum wage, means all of those in the House are up for election in 2018 as are 33 Senators.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
I know they were suffering, I'll just have no sympathy for them when nothing changes after choosing this charlatan as their saviour. Read the article above about his pick for secretary of labour, things are only going to get worse for the poorest and they're idiots for thinking a billionaire was going to bring about reforms to help the little guy.

That in a nutshell describes how I feel. Wanting or demanding significant change was a fair enough shout, but expecting it from a billionaire charlatan who has already gone back on some of his campaign 'promises' of only a month ago whilst already beginning to stir a shitstorm was idiotic to say the least.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
He didn't address it at all. He debunked a claim that the pizzaria has a basement which can be seen here: http://archive.is/Q4Fyj. Yet a year ago Alefantis said in an interview that he does have a basement, seen here: http://archive.is/2O5n7#selection-1585.0-1587.560. And then all Colbert said was that they talked about pizza a lot and made personal attacks on anyone that believes in it. I don't know what to believe with "pizzagate" but there are some strange things on Alefantis' instagram that I think anyone who looked at would agree. I think Colbert criticizing "fake news" sites and then covering the situation without a shred of journalistic diligence is beyond ironic.

Rather than coming right out and just saying "Oh, for fuck's sake!" at comments like this, I'm going to try and take the conciliatory position:

What is it about 'pizzagate' that you're unsure of? What is making you question whether or not it's false? What is it about it that could possibly, remotely, in your mind, maybe be true?

As for Colbert, he specifically said, in the first 16 seconds of the video: "I really hope you don't get your news from me, because- news flash!-this isn't news. This is entertainment." He's not obligated to provide any journalistic diligence, because he's not a journalist. But I'll tell you, he offers more truth than others who claim to be actual news providers.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
It's easy to judge.

However, there were those who were suffering who voted for Trump.

Those where factories had closed down. Local economies hurt. No place to find work near what you were being paid. Maybe lack of insurance even with Obamacare or premiums going up next year where you're back to not being able to afford--the affordable care insurance. 

This has been documented as to why the Democrats lost, not just Clinton.

You keep defending this person. I may have missed it, but I can only guess you think HRC was a worse choice than the most awful person you could invent.

A terrible person. Just sad etc.

And now he is the representative of the United States. When people think of the USA he is what they will think of. To misquote LOTR: "All will laugh...and despair". That thing is going to be in your White House, following many illustrious predecessors, and GW Bush. Ugh.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Does everyone on here really believe Trump is stupid? This is done to death. Everyone believed that Bush was stupid and that was wrong. Read this article: http://keithhennessey.com/2013/04/24/smarter/. Bush put on an accent and tried to appear dumb to win votes. It was manipulation and wasn't sincere. Trump speaks in short sentences with small words and repeats himself often. In my opinion this is calculated. If you really believe that a dumb person can become President of the United States than you and I have very different opinions about the office of the presidency.

I don't believe Trump is dumb. His campaign worked as he got all the attemtion, but I don't think it was clever. He made every mistake possible, but people didn't care. What he is though, is what we saw in the campaign. He offers simple solutions and simple messages. He polarizes his opinions. Things he's done are great, Clinton was the devil. He stated numerous lies. This is who he is. There is no other side of him.

I keep saying this, but I repeat what experts have said - Trump is a narcissist. He creates his own truth. You can take his statement about millions of illegal votes. He just threw it out and then claimed he won the popular vote. Because he can't lose. He has no proof, he won't present any. If you are on his side, you won't care. But just wait. What you can expect next is that those who claim he didn't win the popular vote are just jealous. They are basically liars who are supporting illegal immigrants and they are anti-American, trying to undermine the President. And there it changes. Soon you are to blame for his lies. It sounds crazy, but this is how he functions. Trust me, I have seen it before.

I don't think of him as clever or dumb. I think his whole mindset is that he is the greatest, he's never wrong and he can do as he pleases. It appealed to the American people. Even though America were presented with the facts, they chose to ignore it and they decided to elect Trump. That makes me sad.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
I don't believe Trump is dumb. His campaign worked as he got all the attemtion, but I don't think it was clever. He made every mistake possible, but people didn't care. What he is though, is what we saw in the campaign. He offers simple solutions and simple messages. He polarizes his opinions. Things he's done are great, Clinton was the devil. He stated numerous lies. This is who he is. There is no other side of him.

I keep saying this, but I repeat what experts have said - Trump is a narcissist. He creates his own truth. You can take his statement about millions of illegal votes. He just threw it out and then claimed he won the popular vote. Because he can't lose. He has no proof, he won't present any. If you are on his side, you won't care. But just wait. What you can expect next is that those who claim he didn't win the popular vote are just jealous. They are basically liars who are supporting illegal immigrants and they are anti-American, trying to undermine the President. And there it changes. Soon you are to blame for his lies. It sounds crazy, but this is how he functions. Trust me, I have seen it before.

I don't think of him as clever or dumb. I think his whole mindset is that he is the greatest, he's never wrong and he can do as he pleases. It appealed to the American people. Even though America were presented with the facts, they chose to ignore it and they decided to elect Trump. That makes me sad.

It shouldn't surprise people, when you look at it that way. After all, the global reputation of Americans is often one of bullies, blowhards and chest-thumpers. When he said, "Make America Great Again", it appealed to the people who think "Born in the U.S.A" is a patriotic song, who bitch about people burning the flag all the while wearing XXXL American flag pants without having a fucking clue about Title 4 of the United States Code, and who just want to be the bad ass of the world again. It's jingoism wrapped up in stupidity.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's easy to judge.

However, there were those who were suffering who voted for Trump.

Those where factories had closed down. Local economies hurt. No place to find work near what you were being paid. Maybe lack of insurance even with Obamacare or premiums going up next year where you're back to not being able to afford--the affordable care insurance. 

This has been documented as to why the Democrats lost, not just Clinton.

Part of me gives absolutely no shits about those people's suffering. Why? Because the same thing has been happening to black people for decades upon decades, and nobody talking about the current plight of the white working class ever gave a damn (or gives a damn now). Mass unemployment in the rust belt? Hard-working families who have been forsaken by their government and the devil that is globalization. Mass unemployment in LA and Detroit? Get off your asses, welfare queens. White people lash out and gravitate toward the alt-right? Down-on-their-luck folk in a moment of weakness. Black people protest against lots of them getting shot by the police for no reason? Thugs and animals. Heroin epidemic in white America? A national tragedy (and probably black people's fault). Let's get them all help. Crack epidemic in black America? Animals and thugs. Jail them for life.

But just as vengeance and schadenfreude undermine the PC movement, they'll fuck the rest of us too. What we need is more stuff like the Tom Hanks SNL Black Jeopardy sketch.

PS - Do we seriously have a Pizzagate truther?????

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
Video from Stephen Colbert on 'pizzagate':

https://youtu.be/tfXWXNItF_Y

That was very good,
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
Part of me gives absolutely no shits about those people's suffering. Why? Because the same thing has been happening to black people for decades upon decades, and nobody talking about the current plight of the white working class ever gave a damn (or gives a damn now). Mass unemployment in the rust belt? Hard-working families who have been forsaken by their government and the devil that is globalization. Mass unemployment in LA and Detroit? Get off your asses, welfare queens. White people lash out and gravitate toward the alt-right? Down-on-their-luck folk in a moment of weakness. Black people protest against lots of them getting shot by the police for no reason? Thugs and animals. Heroin epidemic in white America? A national tragedy (and probably black people's fault). Let's get them all help. Crack epidemic in black America? Animals and thugs. Jail them for life.

I made a comment along those lines maybe a couple of weeks ago. Though, not as specific and well put as you. It is sickening that so many white people are oblivious to these things until they are actually directly affected. As much as I argue that we must attempt to engage these people (the ones who voted for Trump), I cannot argue against your point.

Offline kjomall

• Main Stander
Rather than coming right out and just saying "Oh, for fuck's sake!" at comments like this, I'm going to try and take the conciliatory position:

What is it about 'pizzagate' that you're unsure of? What is making you question whether or not it's false? What is it about it that could possibly, remotely, in your mind, maybe be true?

As for Colbert, he specifically said, in the first 16 seconds of the video: "I really hope you don't get your news from me, because- news flash!-this isn't news. This is entertainment." He's not obligated to provide any journalistic diligence, because he's not a journalist. But I'll tell you, he offers more truth than others who claim to be actual news providers.

Thanks for that. I think saying Hillary Clinton is the head of a child pedophile ring is a red herring. There is nothing that links Hillary to these accusations. The questions are being asked of the Podesta brothers and the owner of the pizza shop, James Alefantis. There is absolutely no proof that pizzagate is true but there are a lot of very peculiar things. The Podesta brothers are friends with known convicted pedophiles (Dennis Hastert and Clement Freud).  The artwork in both Podesta brothers homes is very odd. The pictures on Alefantis' instagram were very strange. Besta Pizza changed their logo after allegations that it looked like a pedophile symbol (why change it if there is no resemblance?) John Podesta taking part in "spirit cooking" rituals is very odd. All of this doesn't prove anything but a lot of it is very strange. Also, there have been pedophile rings among powerful people uncovered in England, Australia, and most recently Norway. I agree that the witch hunting that Alefantis is experiencing is horrible but I do think that to write off these allegations as fake because they seem so implausible is potentially dangerous.

I also don't like how everything is being labelled as fake news. The NYT threw around this phrase and now it has stuck. Fake news sites are a thing and they are completely made with the sole intention of deceiving its readers with 100% fictitious stories. The pizzagate articles may be fictitious but the people writing the articles actually believe what they are writing and I think therefore shouldn't be labelled as fake news sites. Listen to this Planet Money story on fake news sites: http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2016/12/02/504155809/episode-739-finding-the-fake-news-king
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.”
― Terence McKenna

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The pizzagate articles may be fictitious but the people writing the articles actually believe what they are writing and I think therefore shouldn't be labelled as fake news sites.
eh?? If the articles are fictitious then that makes it fake news!!! Doesn't matter one little bit if the author believes it or not does it?

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
Thanks for that. I think saying Hillary Clinton is the head of a child pedophile ring is a red herring. There is nothing that links Hillary to these accusations. The questions are being asked of the Podesta brothers and the owner of the pizza shop, James Alefantis. There is absolutely no proof that pizzagate is true but there are a lot of very peculiar things. The Podesta brothers are friends with known convicted pedophiles (Dennis Hastert and Clement Freud).  The artwork in both Podesta brothers homes is very odd. The pictures on Alefantis' instagram were very strange. Besta Pizza changed their logo after allegations that it looked like a pedophile symbol (why change it if there is no resemblance?) John Podesta taking part in "spirit cooking" rituals is very odd. All of this doesn't prove anything but a lot of it is very strange. Also, there have been pedophile rings among powerful people uncovered in England, Australia, and most recently Norway. I agree that the witch hunting that Alefantis is experiencing is horrible but I do think that to write off these allegations as fake because they seem so implausible is potentially dangerous.

I also don't like how everything is being labelled as fake news. The NYT threw around this phrase and now it has stuck. Fake news sites are a thing and they are completely made with the sole intention of deceiving its readers with 100% fictitious stories. The pizzagate articles may be fictitious but the people writing the articles actually believe what they are writing and I think therefore shouldn't be labelled as fake news sites. Listen to this Planet Money story on fake news sites: http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2016/12/02/504155809/episode-739-finding-the-fake-news-king

So... it all sounds strange but it doesn't prove anything. Your words. But it's okay to speculate on a pedo ring on the off-chance that NOT speculating on it is potentially dangerous? Do you see the danger in that line of thinking? This is an onus probandi argument- "I need not prove the claim- you must prove it's false."

What's happening in England, Australia and Norway has no significance to a fake story in the United States. This is hinting at a false equivalence.

"Spirit Cooking" was used in an email from artist Marina Abramovic to John Podesta's brother. She mentioned how she was looking forward to Spirit Cooking at her place. 1. John Podesta never replied to that email, because it was to his brother. 2. "Spirit Cooking" was, according to Snopes. com:

[...]an art project Abramovic created in 1996. Although Abramovic's cookbook does reference recipes containing bodily fluids such as semen and breast milk, Abramovic told ArtNews that her home cooking events don't actually feature these items.

and

Spirit Cooking, Abramovic explained, was a performance she staged at a number of museums around the world in the ‘90s, painting graffiti with pigs’ blood. She also made a limited-edition book, which contains various recipes. That book is in the collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York, among other places.

I have no problem labeling it "fake news site". The label is in reference to what the site is offering, which is fake news. The intent of the writer has no bearing on what the "news" is- belief or not, it's all fake. And it is very, very damaging.
Oh, these sour times.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan

I don't know enough about the whole story to make an informed comment on it, but felt the need to respond to this part in bold. If I ran a company and people were saying the logo looked like a paedophile symbol, i'd change it too, even if it didn't. It's bad PR and creates a negative image around your brand. Image is everything, and it's a stupid hill to die on.

I googled the Alefantis' instagram thing, and that is a pretty interesting coincidence admittedly but feels like a pretty large stretch to imply anything more
« Last Edit: December 9, 2016, 02:45:30 am by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline kjomall

• Main Stander
I don't know enough about the whole story to make an informed comment on it, but felt the need to respond to this part in bold. If I ran a company and people were saying the logo looked like a paedophile symbol, i'd change it too, even if it didn't. It's bad PR and creates a negative image around your brand. Image is everything, and it's a stupid hill to die on.

I googled the Alefantis' instagram thing, and that is a pretty interesting coincidence admittedly but feels like a pretty large stretch to imply anything more

Yea, the bolded part sounds weird to me reading it back. I guess the fact that they changed it means they admit that there is a resemblance. Whether or not it just a coincidence we can't know. But with everything in conjunction it is a little strange that this pizzeria has a pedophile symbol in its logo. I'm not some huge supporter of this conspiracy theory just that I do admit there are some strange things. Also, a majority of people that are into pizzagate aren't making claims just pointing out that there are strange things in Podesta's emails, the brothers and their friends, and Alefantis' instagram. I don't see how you can debunk this when it is just an opinion that some things are strange. I do get what everyone is saying that witch hunting is dangerous so I get why people are vociferously denouncing it.  But when Alefantis's instagram profile picture is Antinous, a symbol of pederastic love, I can see why people are suspicious.

As for what people are saying about this being fake news, I get your point. I still believe there is a distinction between what is commonly referred to as fake news and pizzagate but can see how others don't make this distinction.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2016, 03:43:38 am by kjomall »
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.”
― Terence McKenna

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Seems to be a rumour going around that Ivanka Trump is taking on some of the duties of the first lady and Trump is back tracking about his business's

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
I’m the union leader Donald Trump attacked. I’m tired of being lied to about our jobs.
Trump swore he'd save our jobs. He didn't.

By Chuck Jones

I’m a union leader in Indianapolis. I represent the Carrier workers whose jobs Donald Trump has pledged to save. And I’m tired of being lied to.

In February, corporate officials came to our plant and announced that they were closing the facility. They would move 1,300 jobs to a plant in Mexico. (Three hundred and fifty positions would remain in Indianapolis, mostly filled by research and development staff.)

Over the next several months, my team and I worked tirelessly to keep Carrier in our city. We came up with $23 million in savings, but the Carrier brass said that wasn’t enough. They could save $65 million by moving to Mexico. We couldn’t match that unless we were willing to cut wages to $5/hour and cut all benefits.

So we started to negotiate a severance package instead — one week of pay for every year of service, a $2,500 lump sum for every employee and free health care for six months.

Then, a couple of weeks ago, Trump got involved. He sat down with Carrier leaders. Afterward, he announced that 1,100 jobs would be saved. When I first heard the news, I was optimistic. But I began to get nervous when we couldn’t get any details on the deal. I urged caution, but our members got their hopes up. They thought their jobs had been saved.

When I met with Carrier officials last Thursday, I realized that that wouldn’t be the case. Though Trump said he’d saved 1,100 jobs, he hadn’t. Carrier told us that 550 people would get laid off.

Trump didn’t tell people that, though. When he spoke at our plant, he acted like no one was going to lose their job. People went crazy for him. They thought, because of Trump, I’m going to be able to provide for my family.

All the while, I’m sitting there, thinking that’s not what the damn numbers say. Trump let people believe that they were going to have a livelihood in that facility. He let people breathe easy. When I told our members the next day, they were devastated.

I was angry, too. So I told a reporter the truth — that Trump’s 1,100 number was wrong. When Trump read my comments, he got angry. Last night, he tweeted:

Now our office is getting phone calls and emails from people who are mad that I called Trump on his dishonesty. One man left five messages (though when I called him back and told him who I was, he hung up the phone). Some people have suggested that Trump didn’t mean to lie, he just got the numbers wrong. But I know that’s not true. On the campaign trail, Trump made perfectly clear how excellent a negotiator he is. I have negotiated hundreds of contracts. I know that if I’m going to have a fighting chance, I better damn well know the numbers.

To be honest, the attention isn’t a big deal. I’ve been doing this job for 30 years. In that time, people have threatened to shoot me, to burn my house down. I’m not a macho man, but I’m just used to it.

What I can’t abide, however, is a president who misleads workers, who gives them false hope. We’re not asking for anything besides opportunity, for jobs that let people provide for their families. These plants are profitable, and the workers produced a good-quality product. Because of corporate greed, though, company leaders are racing to the bottom, to find places where they can pay the least. It’s a system that exploits everyone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/12/08/im-the-union-leader-donald-trump-attacked-im-tired-of-being-lied-to-about-our-jobs/?utm_term=.1724f9fccc2b

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/dec/08/epa-scott-pruitt-disaster-environment-senate-democrats

Absolute fucking travesty. This is the only thing i was super worried about, the piece by piece dismantling of environmental protection regulations. We could be going back to the 20th century with massive coal mining and thermal power, kicking the whole climate change agenda in the teeth. To actually appoint someone who is CLEARLY anti environment (he has sued the EPA multiple times) is a bad joke.

I can only hope the dems can muster enough support to stop his appointment and make Trump reconsider.

Phuk yoo

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
It shouldn't surprise people, when you look at it that way. After all, the global reputation of Americans is often one of bullies, blowhards and chest-thumpers. When he said, "Make America Great Again", it appealed to the people who think "Born in the U.S.A" is a patriotic song, who bitch about people burning the flag all the while wearing XXXL American flag pants without having a fucking clue about Title 4 of the United States Code, and who just want to be the bad ass of the world again. It's jingoism wrapped up in stupidity.

Both candidates had the same opinion on flag burning, some of this stuff is imprinted on the DNA of the country.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
..... The artwork in both Podesta brothers homes is very odd.

I think you're joining too many dots.

I had to google what this was all about and most of the sites making these accusations seemed to be by idiots with agendas.

The most ironic thing is that the centre piece sculpture hanging from the ceiling is titled "The Arch Of Hysteria". Seems somewhat apt.

Astonishingly, there are several or these moron sites that link that sculpture with a Dahmer murder scene, ergo, that sculpture is about some kind of murderous perversion.

A bit of digging (obviously beyond these morons making the accusations) reveals the artist and the inspiration for the work

Bourgeois was drawn to the arch of hysteria as theorized and represented by the nineteenth-century neurologist Jean Martin Charcot (1825-1893).

Here is an original engraving....

More reading here, and images here

The other work allegedly proving an unhealthy interest is by Biljanad Jurdjevic

While not to my personal taste, I can recognise that this is investment grade stuff.

But it seems some people are but one step away from publicly labelling this as 'Degenerate Art'.

We've been there before and it's not a good place to go.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Seems to be a rumour going around that Ivanka Trump is taking on some of the duties of the first lady

Donald's dream is finally coming true
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
He didn't address it at all. He debunked a claim that the pizzaria has a basement which can be seen here: http://archive.is/Q4Fyj. Yet a year ago Alefantis said in an interview that he does have a basement, seen here: http://archive.is/2O5n7#selection-1585.0-1587.560. And then all Colbert said was that they talked about pizza a lot and made personal attacks on anyone that believes in it. I don't know what to believe with "pizzagate" but there are some strange things on Alefantis' instagram that I think anyone who looked at would agree. I think Colbert criticizing "fake news" sites and then covering the situation without a shred of journalistic diligence is beyond ironic.

If you don't know what to believe about 'pizza gate' then you are a fucking idiot.

That's not an insult, it's a statement of fact.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/dec/08/epa-scott-pruitt-disaster-environment-senate-democrats

Absolute fucking travesty. This is the only thing i was super worried about, the piece by piece dismantling of environmental protection regulations. We could be going back to the 20th century with massive coal mining and thermal power, kicking the whole climate change agenda in the teeth. To actually appoint someone who is CLEARLY anti environment (he has sued the EPA multiple times) is a bad joke.

I can only hope the dems can muster enough support to stop his appointment and make Trump reconsider.

I know people are against building a wall. However, can't we build a dome for the US like they did in the Simpsons? Might be something Trump would be on board with...

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
If you don't know what to believe about 'pizza gate' then you are a fucking idiot.

That's not an insult, it's a statement of fact.

Thank fowler for this.  I'm reading Coolbyrne's as always well-reasoned responses and waiting for the line "btw it's pretty fucking nuts that you're taking the stance that the nutter who went to a pizza place with an assault rifle based on a fake news story.......was in the right....."

Adam, is that you?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
You keep defending this person. I may have missed it, but I can only guess you think HRC was a worse choice than the most awful person you could invent.

A terrible person. Just sad etc.

And now he is the representative of the United States. When people think of the USA he is what they will think of. To misquote LOTR: "All will laugh...and despair". That thing is going to be in your White House, following many illustrious predecessors, and GW Bush. Ugh.

It's not about Clinton herself but it is as well.

The failings that effect those in the rust belt and other areas of the country along with promises of "affordable care" when that still leaves big gaps that don't cover someone or their families and then---if you can't afford it you will be penalized when you file your taxes so the Government gets money anyway from those who can least afford it. Tax the rich not the poor but the Dems taxed the poor with the affordable care act. Hillary was seen as someone who also led these issues.

This effected a lot of people. Now if it effected you personally are you going to give another 4 or 8 years to the Party that has caused the misery in your life. Some said i'm giving the other ones a chance.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
It's not about Clinton herself but it is as well.

The failings that effect those in the rust belt and other areas of the country along with promises of "affordable care" when that still leaves big gaps that don't cover someone or their families and then---if you can't afford it you will be penalized when you file your taxes so the Government gets money anyway from those who can least afford it. Tax the rich not the poor but the Dems taxed the poor with the affordable care act. Hillary was seen as someone who also led these issues.

This effected a lot of people. Now if it effected you personally are you going to give another 4 or 8 years to the Party that has caused the misery in your life. Some said i'm giving the other ones a chance.

A 'billionaire' who owes American and foreign banks hundreds of million if not billions in debt. Yeah he sounds like he'll be a champion of the poor. He's definitely going to fight for the rights of the little guy which will in turn take money off the businesses he operates and the businesses operated by all his friends/donors.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
A 'billionaire' who owes American and foreign banks hundreds of million if not billions in debt. Yeah he sounds like he'll be a champion of the poor. He's definitely going to fight for the rights of the little guy which will in turn take money off the businesses he operates and the businesses operated by all his friends/donors.

Easy to say when you aren't the person who's been fucked over. The people 4pool is referring to voting Dem would be like miners in the UK voting Tory because they don't like Corbyn.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
BREAKING: President-elect Trump picks Goldman Sachs president & COO Gary Cohn to be National Economic Council Director.

#DrainTheSwamp  #EconomicAnxiety
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley

The Greens were morons to run for the presidency. They should be going for governorships or mayors or below to prove they can run something before they run for president. For them it was a marketing excercise and it bombed. The Democrat leadership were idiots...but the Greens more so.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Trump rally signs in Baton Rouge: "CARPET BOMB ISIS," "LOCK HER UP" "IF YOU BUILD IT THEY CAN'T COME"

These people are allowed to vote.

It's still completely ridiculous that he hasn't released his tax returns and that we don't know the full extent of his debt. Journalists should ask him about this at every opportunity. His supporters that were so against 'Crooked Hillary' should be concerned about it too if they have any sort of integrity.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2016, 05:36:19 pm by DrTobiasFunke »

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
Trump rally signs in Baton Rouge: "CARPET BOMB ISIS," "LOCK HER UP" "IF YOU BUILD IT THEY CAN'T COME"

These people are allowed to vote.

It's still completely ridiculous that he hasn't released his tax returns and that we don't know the full extent of his debt. Journalists should ask him about this at every opportunity. His supporters that were so against 'Crooked Hillary' should be concerned about it too if they have any sort of integrity.

How do you carpet bomb ISIS when they hide between normal civilians