Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4594938 times)

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
Re: U.S. election, 2016 (and the primaries)
« Reply #280 on: September 27, 2015, 07:19:52 pm »
He's one of them Adventists... Religion, it is like being mentally ill...
Neurosurgeon or not I woudnt trust him to give me a sick note.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: September 29, 2015, 06:44:10 pm »

Ben Carson’s Scientific Ignorance
BY LAWRENCE M. KRAUSS

For a man with an impressive educational C.V., Ben Carson makes a lot of intellectual missteps. In his September 16th debate performance, he displayed a profound lack of foreign-policy knowledge; last Sunday, when he said, on “Meet the Press,” that he “would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation,” he may have seriously crippled his campaign. Still, there’s one area in which Carson’s credentials have seemed unimpeachable. Many people assume that, as a successful surgeon, he has a solid knowledge of technical, medical, and scientific issues.

With the wide release of video from a speech that Carson made to his fellow Seventh-Day Adventists in 2012, however, it’s becoming clear that there are significant gaps. In the speech, he made statements on subjects ranging from evolution to the Big Bang that suggest he never learned or chooses to ignore basic, well-tested scientific concepts. In attempting to refute the Big Bang, for example—which he characterized as a “ridiculous” idea—Carson said:

You have all these highfalutin scientists, and they’re saying that there was this gigantic explosion and everything came into perfect order. Now, these are the same scientists who go around touting the second law of thermodynamics, which is entropy, which says that things move toward a state of disorganization. So, now you’re going to have this big explosion, and everything becomes perfectly organized. When you ask them about it, they say, “Well we can explain this based on probability theory, because if there’s enough big explosions, over a long enough period of time, billions and billions of years, one of them will be the perfect explosion”…. What you’re telling me is, if I blow a hurricane through a junkyard enough times, over billions and billions of years, eventually, after one of those hurricanes, there will be a 747 fully loaded and ready to fly.
He continued, “It’s even more ridiculous than that, because our solar system, not to mention the universe outside of that, is extraordinarily well organized, to the point where we can predict seventy years away when a comet is coming. Now, [for] that type of organization to just come out of an explosion? I mean, you want to talk about fairy tales, that is amazing.” Finally, he argued that the observed motion of the planets in our solar system would be impossible if there had been a Big Bang.

It is hard to find a single detailed claim in his diatribe that is physically sensible or that reflects accurate knowledge about science. His central claim—that the second law of thermodynamics rules out order forming in the universe after the Big Bang—is a frequent misstatement made by creationists who want to appear scientifically literate. In reality, it is completely false. Local order in parts of the universe is always possible at the expense of heat and disorder dissipated to the external environment. The human body is one example: we take in energy from our environment to build up complex molecules that help power our bodies, and, in doing so, we release heat to the world around us. A snowflake is another beautifully ordered example of what simple natural meteorological processes can produce. Stars form by gravity, collapsing into spherically ordered structures that can remain in this form only if they release tremendous heat energy into the environment. Carson elides these physical realities by creating a straw man: he says that scientists believe that, after the Big Bang, the universe was “perfectly ordered.” But no such claim has been made by scientists; instead, we describe how local order, including galaxies, stars, planets, and life, developed over time.

When Carson says that scientists rely on “probability theory” to explain how multiple Big Bangs, taking place over “billions of years,” have resulted in our “perfectly ordered” universe, he’s profoundly misstating the theory of the Big Bang. (In fact, he seems to have gotten his ignorant arguments confused—his metaphor about a hurricane creating a 747 in a junkyard is often used to deride evolution, to which it is equally inapplicable.) No one suggests that other Big Bangs have happened or are happening in our universe. Instead, all evidence implies that our universe originated from a single Big Bang approximately 13.7 billion years ago. Perhaps Carson was referring to the possibility of other universes outside of our universe, and to the so-called anthropic principle, which suggests that, if there are many universes, the fact that our universe supports life could be a probabilistic phenomenon. But those ideas, whether they’re true or not, have nothing to do with the reality of the Big Bang. We conclude the Big Bang happened because every piece of observational evidence we have about the universe is precisely consistent with predictions based on this possibility and none other. Speculations about other possible universes are irrelevant.

Perhaps his silliest statements have to do with our own solar system. Carson claims that our solar system is perfectly ordered—but, in fact, the motion of the planets is chaotic in the long term, and, although we can predict the motion of comets over the seventy-year period he discusses, for longer time horizons, such as millions or billions of years, the complexity of our solar system makes that practically impossible. Even more problematically, he points to the fact that some moons orbit in different directions from their planets and argues that those orbits would be impossible if there had been a Big Bang, because angular momentum would forbid it:

You know, you’ve got this mass bending and then it explodes. In physics, we have something we call “angular momentum,” and it is preserved, so it should be preserved in any orbit of anything that is affected by gravity around a planet, which means everything has to traverse in the same direction. Well, it doesn’t! There are many planets that have satellites and moons that go in opposite directions. So that doesn’t work with angular momentum!
This is akin to saying that, if there really had been a Big Bang billions of years ago, skaters today should be able to spin in only one direction. Local systems can exchange angular momentum with their surroundings by collisions, and many forms of chaotic motion are, therefore, possible. Bathwater rotates around the drain, sometimes clockwise and sometimes counterclockwise, happily independent of the Big Bang. The questions that Carson goes on to ask about the “debris” from the Big Bang—“What about all the debris from the billions and billions of explosions that were not perfect? Where’s that? I mean, we should be bombarded constantly by all this debris coming down; we’re not seeing it”—are meaningless if our entire visible universe arose from a single Big Bang, which is what the evidence suggests.

Carson’s wild delusions aren’t confined to physics, either. In the same event, in a more surprising and perhaps more worrisome statement, Carson claimed that evolution, as explained by Darwin, was actually the work of the devil. (“I personally believe that this theory that Darwin came up with was something that was encouraged by the adversary, and it has become what is scientifically, politically correct.”) As if invoking Satan weren’t bad enough, Carson resorted to bad puns to sidestep his scientific ignorance: he went on to say that he was planning a book called “The Organ of Species,” which he said would “talk about the organs of the body and how they completely refute evolution”—an amazing claim that would require a rewriting of most biology texts. At another point in the speech, he uses a long stream of medical terminology to argue against the biochemical origins of life—something he doesn’t seem to realize has nothing to do with Darwinian evolution itself. Elsewhere, he claims that plants couldn’t have evolved before bees and that sexual reproduction shouldn’t have evolved at all, and suggests that geological formations provide evidence of a great flood, not an old Earth.

It is one thing to simply assert that you don’t choose to believe the science, in spite of a mountain of data supporting it. It’s another to mask your ignorance in such a disingenuous way, by using pseudo-scientific, emotion-laden arguments and trading on your professional credentials. Surely this quality, which reflects either self-delusion or, worse still, a willingness to intentionally deceive others, is of great concern when someone is vying for control of the nuclear red button.

Last week, when he was confronted, during a speech at Cedarville University, about his failure to understand basic and fundamental scientific concepts, Carson responded, “I’m not going to denigrate you because of your faith, and you shouldn’t denigrate me for mine.” What Carson doesn’t seem to recognize is that there is a fundamental difference between facts and faith. An inability to separate religious beliefs from an assessment of physical reality runs counter to the very basis of our society—the separation of church and state.

By his own admission, Carson’s remarkable hand-eye coördination allowed him to soar as a surgeon, and he used that success to build a lucrative reputation as a purveyor of advice for young and old. His book for young people is titled “You Have a Brain.” As numerous religious scientists have quipped, God wouldn’t have given us a brain if he hadn’t intended for us to use it. While many may debate whether his lack of public-service experience disqualifies him from serious consideration in this race, Carson’s ideas about religion, science, and public office, as revealed in the past week, suggest that there are far deeper reasons to be concerned about his candidacy for the highest office in the land.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: September 29, 2015, 11:51:17 pm »
Good read, that. It'll fall on deaf religious ears though. :-(

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #283 on: October 1, 2015, 03:54:05 am »
Bernie Sanders raised $25 million in the 3rd quarter, almost as much as Hillary's $27 million.  The second big news angle is this represents a  drop off for Clinton from $48 million from the 2nd quarter.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #284 on: October 1, 2015, 04:56:36 pm »
And more than $2 million just yesterday in a push before the fund reporting deadline. More than one million individual donations, with an average donation of only $24. True grassroots stuff, and is in stark contrast to Hillary, much less the heady, almost entirely super PAC funded Republicans like Jeb.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #285 on: October 2, 2015, 01:17:11 pm »
Meanwhile, Not a Single HP Employee Reported Donating to Carly Fiorina's Campaign

Given her lack of any real political experience, former candidate for senator of California and current republican candidate for president Carly Fiorina has been touting (what she claims to be) her revered and profitable tenure as former HP CEO as a sign of what she could do for the nation if given the chance. Which is why it’s too bad that, of the 302,000 current HP employees, not a single one has donated a reportable amount to Carly Fiorina’s campaign.

As The Daily Beast discovered, the recent FEC filings (which list all candidate contributions over $200) show a noticeable lack of any general employee contribution. From The Daily Beast:

HP’s corporate leadership also doesn’t seem keen on the idea of Fiorina in the White House. Among the 12-member board of directors, just one, Ann Livermore, has given a donation above that threshold.

Also missing from the donor list are current CEO (and former GOP gubernatorial candidate) Meg Whitman, any members of the senior leadership team, and all but one member of the HP Board during Fiorina’s tenure there from 1999 to 2005. Tom Perkins, a venture capitalist and former board member who voted to fire Fiorina in 2005, has since had a change of heart and donated $25,000 to CARLY for America, the super PAC supporting her.

The Daily Beast spoke to a former HP employee, who explained that, “My thoughts are no employee would donate to her campaign, ever,” he said. “She is a terrible leader, really, really bad. As bad as they come.”
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: October 3, 2015, 01:33:20 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y7qayKamrGE?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Y7qayKamrGE?fs=1</a>
But get behind Billary if you really, really want to help the poor...
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: October 3, 2015, 07:43:07 am »
But get behind Billary if you really, really want to help the poor...

(not sure if serious)
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: October 3, 2015, 07:45:38 pm »
(not sure if serious)
Totally, her tax incentives for banks to think long-term, will deffo sort out the major structural problems facing America. Double incentives, quantitative easing, plus tax breaks and credits. She is not backed by Goldman Sachs, Citigroup and the like for nothing.

Today: Bernie Sanders ‏@BernieSanders  1h1 hour ago
Bernie Sanders
Looking forward to speaking today in Springfield and Boston, Ma. #BernieinMA

Wish it was on live somewhere (though he does repeat the same thing...)
« Last Edit: October 4, 2015, 12:02:05 pm by Twelfth Man »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: October 4, 2015, 07:44:08 pm »

Offline shanklygirl

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #292 on: October 4, 2015, 08:28:57 pm »
In the midst of this managerial mayhem, I would just say that I love Bernie Sanders  :)

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: October 4, 2015, 09:15:22 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wPDCvQMrB7o?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wPDCvQMrB7o?fs=1</a>
To be fair Divide and Rule, has worked wonderfully for us in the past. It is a great tactic. Hope new manager brings that to the table.

Watched the whole thing on a shitty phone video. First time he has mentioned Elizabeth Warren in all his rallies. Please fucking join-up with him.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2015, 01:20:38 am by Twelfth Man »

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #294 on: October 5, 2015, 03:25:13 pm »

I've been looking at this for a while. I think it says that of Republican voters who believe experience and proven record are more important than new ideas and a different approach, more are likely to vote for Ben Carson than any other candidate. That's right, Ben Carson. The doctor who has never held political office in his life and who consequently has no "experience" and no "proven record". That Ben Carson.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: October 5, 2015, 04:17:46 pm »
Interesting quote by former congressman Barney Frank on Bernie from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-north-patterson/the-paradox-of-bernie-san_b_8240460.html

The indubitably progressive Barney Frank summarized the common view of the Senator's ability to move the body politic: "He went for the ideal, but he was not part of the legislative process. He chose to be an outsider." Asked to imagine a Sanders presidency, an avowedly liberal insider expresses the worries of many who know him, ruefully concluding that "Bernie would be among the least effective presidents ever."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: October 5, 2015, 05:59:44 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: October 5, 2015, 08:05:12 pm »
But - but, Bill Gates....
The exception doesn't make the rule.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #299 on: October 6, 2015, 10:27:34 pm »
Blimey Charlie
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: October 7, 2015, 06:41:46 am »
...but Jindal isn't?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #302 on: October 7, 2015, 07:58:01 am »
https://www.bobbyjindal.com/jindal-we-fill-our-culture-with-garbage/

What a c*nt.

So the freedom of speech bits of the constitution are negotiable, but the gun bits aren't?

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #303 on: October 7, 2015, 02:31:29 pm »
Ben Carson on attending gun massacre funerals.

“[Obama] wants to come to our community and stand on the corpses of our loved ones, to make some kind of a political point, and it isn’t going to be well received — not by our people, not by our families, and not even by our elected officials.”

Given sentiments such as these, Kilmeade asked, “Would you still go? Would you still go if you were president?”

“Probably not,” Carson replied. “I would probably have so many things on my agenda that I’d go to the next one.”

source

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: October 7, 2015, 02:40:36 pm »
Dr. Ben Carson lit up the gun control debate with controversial comments on mass shootings. The GOP presidential candidate said he would sacrifice his life if he were face-to-face with a gunman. He said he'd rather see a body with bullet holes over gun control.

Carson also claimed he would want his child's kindergarten teacher to be armed.

Less than a week after the mass shooting on the Umpqua Community College campus in Oregon, presidential candidates have been addressing gun controland mental health issues. But Carson's latest comments defending the right to bear arms may be the most controversial, reports CBS News correspondent Julianna Goldman.

"I would ask everybody to attack the gunman because he can only shoot one of us at a time. That way, we don't all wind up dead," he told ABC News while chuckling on Tuesday.

"The accusation there, Dr. Carson, is that you appeared tone deaf and that you seemed callous in the laughter about a massacre and what you would have done," Fox News' Megyn Kelly said.

"I'm laughing at them and their silliness," Carson responded.

"Who?" Kelly asked.

"The people asking that question. Of course, you know, if everybody attacks that gunman, he's not going to be able to kill everybody. But if you sit there and let him shoot you one by one, you're all going to be dead," Carson said.

When asked if he was judging the victims, Carson said he was looking at "the big picture."

"Not judging them at all. But, you know, these incidents continue to occur. I doubt that this will be the last one. I want to plant the seed in people's minds so that if this happens again, you know, they don't all get killed," he said.

He also appeared on ABC's "The View" where he reiterated that kindergarten teachers should be armed with guns in their classrooms.

"Not all kindergarten teachers. I said people who are trained and understand all the implications and you're obviously not going to have a weapon sitting on the teacher's desk," Carson said.

The weapon would be secured in a place where kids can't get to it," he added.

"If the gunman comes in with an AK-45, or AR-15, how fast can that teacher go to the locked drawer and get that gun?" co-host Joy Behar asked.

"I want that teacher trained in diversionary tactics and whatever needs to be done in order to get there and I want there to be other people in that school who also know how to get to that gun," Carson said.

Carson stated that even his experience as a doctor removing bullets from victims of gun violence has reinforced his belief in the 2nd Amendment.

In a Facebook question and answer session he wrote: "There is no doubt that this senseless violence is breathtaking - but I never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away."

Other Republican candidates responded to the latest mass shooting with staunch opposition to stricter gun laws.

"Stuff happens. There's always a crisis," Jeb Bush said.

In Iowa, Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton mocked Jeb Bush's remark.

"This isn't stuff that happens. We let it happen, and we have to act," Clinton said.

President Obama is going to Oregon to console victims families later this week. Some protests are expected and Carson was asked if he would do the same as president. He responded probably not and suggested it would be politicizing the tragedy.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #305 on: October 7, 2015, 02:43:35 pm »
And that's why it will never change. People don't give a shit.

Stuff happens.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #306 on: October 7, 2015, 02:44:41 pm »
That's actually.. I can't even... my brain... wat.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: October 7, 2015, 04:28:05 pm »
I hope I never need brain surgery when I'm in the US.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #308 on: October 7, 2015, 04:33:05 pm »
I hope I never need brain surgery when I'm in the US.

You'd probably get very good care before going bankrupt.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #309 on: October 7, 2015, 05:09:08 pm »
Spends hundreds of billions on Homeland Security to track and prevent terrorist attacks even if it involves unconstitutional acts. Wants to limit or completely get rid of any legislature involving gun control because it would be unconstitutional.

A grand total of 301,797 firearm-related deaths in the past decade, compared to 71 deaths from domestic acts of terrorism.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: October 7, 2015, 09:50:25 pm »
Joe Biden must justify his anticipated campaign for President.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/10/joe_biden_needs_to_answer_this_question_if_he_s_going_to_run_for_president.html

That's Hillary's main problem for me, asides from the political baggage. 

I think he could just clone Bernie's economic inequality message, win the Dems primary as the better politician, then name Bernie as running mate on the ticket to have cred with the liberal base.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: October 7, 2015, 09:56:41 pm »
Joe Biden must justify his anticipated campaign for President.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/10/joe_biden_needs_to_answer_this_question_if_he_s_going_to_run_for_president.html

That's Hillary's main problem for me, asides from the political baggage. 

I think he could just clone Bernie's economic inequality message, win the Dems primary as the better politician, then name Bernie as running mate on the ticket to have cred with the liberal base.
Would prefer Bernie. Time for a real change.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: October 7, 2015, 10:09:49 pm »
Ben Carson is a Grade A douche.  The more I read, the more I hate everything he represents.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: October 8, 2015, 02:56:27 pm »
Carson has been a professional shit talker for years, I'm sure there's a "greatest hits" of sorts somewhere. The stuff he comes up with is just unbelievable, worse than most others in his party and that takes some doing.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #314 on: October 9, 2015, 08:22:39 am »
Carson was quizzed on CNN over comments in his new book, A More Perfect Union: What We the People Can Do to Reclaim Our Constitutional Liberties, which cites Nazi Germany to argue that the right to bear arms should not be curtailed.

CNN’s Wolf Blitzer asked him: “Just clarify, if there had been no gun control laws in Europe at that time, would six million Jews have been slaughtered?”

Carson replied: “I think the likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed … I’m telling you that there is a reason that these dictatorial people take the guns first.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/09/ben-carson-claims-jewish-people-might-have-stopped-holocaust-if-they-had-guns

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #315 on: October 9, 2015, 03:23:54 pm »
Carson was quizzed on CNN over comments in his new book, A More Perfect Union: What We the People Can Do to Reclaim Our Constitutional Liberties, which cites Nazi Germany to argue that the right to bear arms should not be curtailed.

CNN’s Wolf Blitzer asked him: “Just clarify, if there had been no gun control laws in Europe at that time, would six million Jews have been slaughtered?”

Carson replied: “I think the likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed … I’m telling you that there is a reason that these dictatorial people take the guns first.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/09/ben-carson-claims-jewish-people-might-have-stopped-holocaust-if-they-had-guns

*shakes head in disbelief*

There's probably an emoji for that but typing it conveyed the feeling better for me!
Believer

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: October 9, 2015, 06:39:08 pm »

How did that theory work out for blacks in America, Ben Carson?  What a fukin tit.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #317 on: October 9, 2015, 08:31:35 pm »
I mean.....  Just.....

Well, what can you actually say....?

Monumental fuckwittery.....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: October 10, 2015, 04:44:04 pm »

How did that theory work out for blacks in America, Ben Carson?  What a fukin tit.

Conservatives would have been calling Martin Luther King a terrorist and enemy of the state, nevermind an armed self defence advocate like Malcolm X.

Just saw this headline

The problem with blowback against Ben Carson? 'People take him too literally'

Think there's a delicious irony in complaining about a Seventh-day Adventist being taken 'too literally'  ;D

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #319 on: October 10, 2015, 05:22:25 pm »
Conservatives would have been calling Martin Luther King a terrorist and enemy of the state, nevermind an armed self defence advocate like Malcolm X.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act

When gun control was cool for Republicans.

and of course modern day: