Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4596257 times)

Offline Gegenpresser

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: U.S. election, 2016 (and the primaries)
« Reply #1880 on: March 12, 2016, 10:06:03 pm »
Cruz looks to win big in Wyoming. Trump with only 6% and the seemingly least insane(not saying much) Kasich with a whooping 0.0%.
Not that Wyoming is a important state but those numbers just looked interesting.

The Wyoming GOP have an arcane and complex caucusing system that involves multiple precinct and county conventions followed by a state convention. So it's mainly representative of die hard party officials willing to spend hours across multiple days debating and bargaining with other participants. This year, the total vote count will be less than 1000 to all candidates, and the results reflect a months-long process.

It's a good win for Cruz, no question, but it's not a predictor of anything other than Trump continuing to throw potential delegates away by treating caucus states like primaries.

Also, downtown is fucking crazy. Why would Democrats want to assassinate the guy destroying the opposition party whilst handing them the White House in the process?

EDIT: Ah, Drudge has gone off the deep end and is now linking to Alex Jones. That explains it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 12:51:54 am by Gegenpresser »

Offline Sindri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1881 on: March 12, 2016, 10:17:01 pm »
The Wyoming GOP have an arcane and complex caucusing system that involves multiple precinct and county conventions followed by a state convention. So it's mainly representative of die hard party officials willing to spend hours across multiple days debating and bargaining with other participants. This year, the total vote count will be less than 1000 to all candidates, and the results reflect a months-long process.

It's a good win for Cruz, no question, but it's not a predictor of anything other than Trump continuing to throw potential delegates away by treating caucus states like primaries.
Also, downtown is fucking crazy. Why would Democrats want to assassinate the guy destroying the opposition party whilst handing them the White House in the process?
Interesting. Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense now why each precinct there seems to be a landslide win for whoever wins that precinct.
Kinda surprise that Kasich does so badly then there. That an indication that he doesnt have the establishment support rumoured?

Offline Gegenpresser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1882 on: March 12, 2016, 10:22:51 pm »
Interesting. Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense now why each precinct there seems to be a landslide win for whoever wins that precinct.
Kinda surprise that Kasich does so badly then there. That an indication that he doesnt have the establishment support rumoured?

It probably just reflects his "rise" coming too late. They've been caucusing since early February, and that's reflected in Rubio still picking up a decent share of delegates. At the state convention next month, they'll select another 14 delegates, so hypothetically, Trump could still turn it around. It's weird. Not as weird as the Virgin Islands voting for non-committed delegates, but weird enough to be effectively meaningless.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #1883 on: March 12, 2016, 11:23:20 pm »
Hillary really needs to get her shit together. Rough couple days for her campaign.

http://gawker.com/clinton-forgets-sanders-was-literally-standing-right-be-1764533103

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1884 on: March 13, 2016, 12:44:28 am »
Watching the Trump rally live right now someone is being thrown out every few minutes
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1885 on: March 13, 2016, 01:06:14 am »
Still throwing people out.

Trump wants to "ruin the rest of their lives" by pressing charges against protesters.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #1886 on: March 13, 2016, 01:09:57 am »
If anyone wants to view the insanity/inanity...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw1X2NVHj0I

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1887 on: March 13, 2016, 01:11:31 am »
So Trump is saying the man who ran at him is a member of ISIS what the fuck.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1888 on: March 13, 2016, 01:16:03 am »
Anybody tried to assassinate him tonight yet?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1889 on: March 13, 2016, 01:16:56 am »
100% reporting in WY Cruz 66%, Rubio 20%, Trump 7%, Kasich 0%

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1890 on: March 13, 2016, 01:23:52 am »
shambolic.

what a farce his "campaign" has become.

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1891 on: March 13, 2016, 01:26:00 am »
That Trump rally in Kansas City then was jaw droppingly unbelievable.

The man who rushed him was/could be from ISIS. And then from that he flows into a speech about people like him hate America, Christianity and want to stop people saying Merry Christmas to each other?!?!?

It was a shameless cry out to the Evangelical vote. I had suspicions before this rally that these protesters and podium rushers were plants by the Trump lot. Now, they absolutely reek of it.
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1892 on: March 13, 2016, 01:26:16 am »

I'm all for all opinions to be heard, but lies aren't opinions, and you're at best mistaken and at worst lying.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1893 on: March 13, 2016, 01:28:00 am »
Trump is reading poetry about a snake.

Hes gone total Cantona.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1894 on: March 13, 2016, 01:30:48 am »
Thanks for the link Thush. I have to run out in a few minutes but this is lovely. I've never actually seen one of his speeches before.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:34:56 am by cptrios »

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1895 on: March 13, 2016, 01:31:21 am »
Wow Downtown. Not going to bite...
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1896 on: March 13, 2016, 01:33:25 am »
Trump is reading poetry about a snake.

Hes gone total Cantona.

I have to say watching this would be hilarious, if it wasn't about deciding who becomes the next president of one of the most influential countries in the world. Watching five minutes of this the guy comes across like a total lunatic. Yet, people appreciate what he's saying. It's shocking...

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1897 on: March 13, 2016, 01:33:42 am »
Thanks for the link Trada.

It wasn't me thank "Thush"

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1898 on: March 13, 2016, 01:34:17 am »
I have to say watching this would be hilarious, if it wasn't about deciding who becomes the next president of one of the most influential countries in the world. Watching five minutes of this the guy comes across like a total lunatic. Yet, people appreciate what he's saying. It's shocking...

Seriously. If this is how he's been stumping this whole campaign, I have no idea how he's been managing to win.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1899 on: March 13, 2016, 01:35:06 am »
It wasn't me thank "Thush"

Whoops fixed.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1900 on: March 13, 2016, 01:35:21 am »
it's like syphilis has finally rotted the old racist bastard's brain

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #1901 on: March 13, 2016, 01:38:46 am »
Thanks for the link Thush. I have to run out in a few minutes but this is lovely. I've never actually seen one of his speeches before.

You're welcome. I'd not really seen him in action before, but he is properly mad. Just insane rambling.

"Arrest her!"

And that snake story...

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1902 on: March 13, 2016, 04:53:36 am »
Hillary really needs to get her shit together. Rough couple days for her campaign.

http://gawker.com/clinton-forgets-sanders-was-literally-standing-right-be-1764533103

:lmao

It's not starting to get picked up by a few more mainstream outlets too. It's like Hilary hasn't discovered that video cameras, phones, and the internet exist.

I was reading an article in the Guardian earlier who are far from pro-Bernie, and they quoted some of his campaign managers saying that they appear to be losing in constituencies where the internet isn't highly used meaning people still rely on more old school forms of information like mainstream media who are for the most part behind Hillary. Thought that was really interesting.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1903 on: March 13, 2016, 05:12:04 am »

Post all this nonsense and then disappear when the nonsense gets shown to be nonsense. Stay classy.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1904 on: March 13, 2016, 05:46:06 am »
Post all this nonsense and then disappear when the nonsense gets shown to be nonsense. Stay classy.

Don't we all.  ;)

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1905 on: March 13, 2016, 06:52:19 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1Fe0fZjBDh0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1Fe0fZjBDh0</a>

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1906 on: March 13, 2016, 09:47:14 am »
Have avoided the sub-topic because I don't want to get banned for banned for having a "wrong" opinion, but can't let blatant narrative lies spread around. It was a disgusting planned attack yesterday and I suspect the end goal was assassination of Trump

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1907 on: March 13, 2016, 10:23:05 am »
It's extremely irresponsible of Trump to claim that the "attacker" was from IS. As is calling Bernie Sanders "our communist friend". Those kind of comments only breed fear and misunderstandings.

How did American politics decend into this? Imagine John Adams seeing this shit.

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #1908 on: March 13, 2016, 10:33:17 am »
We better get use to the idea of him being made president of America [emoji15]

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1909 on: March 13, 2016, 12:35:33 pm »
Millions of ordinary Americans support Donald Trump. Here's why

Best article I've found on why he's so popular over there and why his core message isn't that different from Sanders.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1910 on: March 13, 2016, 02:52:15 pm »
I guess he means the snake is Mexicans or Muslims.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Qu6_2hFTw74" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Qu6_2hFTw74</a>

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1911 on: March 13, 2016, 03:19:20 pm »
It's extremely irresponsible of Trump to claim that the "attacker" was from IS. As is calling Bernie Sanders "our communist friend". Those kind of comments only breed fear and misunderstandings.

How did American politics decend into this? Imagine John Adams seeing this shit.

American politics has been like that for ages. The IS thing is on the extreme side, sure, but even if you just limit the scope to communism, there are plenty of examples. One that jumps to mind is Nixon (another lovely figurehead of this great republic) doing this to Helen Douglas in 1950:

In the primary race, Boddy had referred to Gahagan Douglas as "the Pink Lady" and said that she was "pink right down to her underwear", a suggestion that she sympathized with the Soviet Union. During the general election, Nixon reprised this line of attack. His campaign manager, Murray Chotiner, had flyers printed on sheets of pink paper. Nixon implied that she was a Communist fellow traveler by comparing her votes to those of the far-left, pro-Soviet Rep. Vito Marcantonio. Gahagan Douglas, in return, popularized a nickname for Nixon which became one of the most enduring nicknames in American politics: "Tricky Dick."

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1912 on: March 13, 2016, 03:53:02 pm »
I know, mate. I meant that the USA has had influential thinkers like Jefferson, Franklin and Adams. They were probably ruthless as well, but certainly not as classless as the modern politicians.
They get off sooo easy. Trump wants to "make America great again", has he actually explained what that means and exactly how he wants to achieve that?

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1913 on: March 13, 2016, 06:11:44 pm »
They get off sooo easy. Trump wants to "make America great again", has he actually explained what that means and exactly how he wants to achieve that?

Of course not he doesn't need to, have you noticed that since this whole rally violence thing broke out no one is talking about how weak he looked on policy detail in the last republican debate? Now he is the victim to those voters and the protests have just served to cement his position. The suggestion that protesters are sanders supporters or IS stooges are a not so subtle way of generating a "this is us against the world feeling". I wouldn't be surprised if he swept to victory on super tuesday off the back of this.

Offline Sindri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1914 on: March 13, 2016, 06:56:28 pm »
Of course not he doesn't need to, have you noticed that since this whole rally violence thing broke out no one is talking about how weak he looked on policy detail in the last republican debate? Now he is the victim to those voters and the protests have just served to cement his position. The suggestion that protesters are sanders supporters or IS stooges are a not so subtle way of generating a "this is us against the world feeling". I wouldn't be surprised if he swept to victory on super tuesday off the back of this.
Best part is he says the protesters are stopping them from exercising there first amendment right of free speech and assembly.
Does he not see the irony in the fact that the protesters are exercising the exact same right?

Or the fact that Drumpf is hiding his violent rhetoric behind the first amendment when all of his basic policies intend on breaking it.
"prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion"
Well his ban muslims doesnt really fit that?

" abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press"
His libel comments and general comments on the media wont work then?

"interfering with the right to peaceably assemble"
"get this protesters out on stretchers" right....

It would be funny if it wasnt so fucking scary that this guy has a shot at being the most powerful man on earth

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1915 on: March 13, 2016, 07:15:52 pm »
Obama speechwriter Jon Favreau on the GOP:

How the Republican Party Became a Failed State

The GOP let its extremist insurgency in through the front door.

I’m a Democrat who believes that we need a healthy Republican Party—a party that’s strong in the places ours is weak.
Democrats need Republicans to point out where tax dollars are being wasted, programs are being abused, and regulations aren’t worth the cost. We need them pushing us to reform education, and rein in the cost of government-funded health care and retirement benefits. We need them to fight with us over the right amount of immigration and gun control; over the right level to set the minimum wage; over the right price to put on carbon pollution.

Democrats need Republicans to argue that military action is sometimes necessary and even just, and that our right to privacy must be balanced with our desire for security. We need them to remind us about the importance of faith, family, and personal responsibility. We need them to call us out when we’re acting smug, self-righteous, and morally superior (oh, you didn’t think people noticed?)

Democrats have plenty of other problems, too. Our politicians can be overly cautious, packaged, and calculating; a little too close to Wall Street and too tied to Washington. Our presidential candidates hover around the age of 70, our bench of talent is too shallow, and the drop-off in young voters since 2008 is one of the reasons we got our asses handed to us in the off-year elections of 2010 and 2014, costing us control of Congress as well as dozens of governorships and state legislatures.

Still, for all of our faults and challenges, the Democratic Party is a functioning institution. Our leaders in Congress command a high degree of respect and loyalty among Democrats in the House and Senate. Our primary is a contest between a candidate of the center-left and the far-left who have both showered praise on the leader they’re vying to succeed. And though Barack Obama has had his share of mistakes and disappointments, he has also quietly and steadily become one of the party’s most beloved and consequential presidents of all time. If Obama could run for a third term against any candidate we’ve seen, he would easily win.

The Republican Party, on the other hand, is no longer a functioning institution. It is a failed state, overrun by a nihilistic insurgency that is about to depose the establishment conservatives who let them in through the front door. It is a party that cannot govern itself, let alone the rest of the country.

In Washington, there is much pearl-clutching and think-piecing about how the storied party of Lincoln and Reagan could have possibly been hijacked by the likes of Donald Trump and former Zodiac Killer Ted Cruz—as if, until this campaign, the Republican Party had been humming along smoothly as a big tent full of cheery capitalists enthused about freedom; as if we didn’t know about the crazies they hide in the attic between elections.

But of course, we did know. Many of us have seen this chaos coming for quite some time.

I first saw it in 2008, when the Republican Party’s original grifter, Sarah Palin, told an angry mob that Barack Hussein Obama “didn’t see America like they did”; that he was “palling around with terrorists,” plural. I saw it when she stood by and said nothing as the mob shouted “treason!” and “terrorist!” I saw it in the look on John McCain’s face when he was booed at a town hall meeting after telling a woman that Obama was a “decent family man,” and not an untrustworthy Arab, like she believed—a look that said, “What have I done?”

I saw the chaos coming in the early years of the Obama Administration, when the opposition was less guttural but just as strident; when the Republican leadership ordered its members to oppose every part of the president’s agenda; when they openly strategized that the path back to power required denying Obama a single moment of bipartisan cooperation—even during a national crisis; even before he announced what was in a proposal; even when he offered a health care plan that looked just like the Republican alternative to Hillarycare in 1993; a plan that was nearly identical to the reform that had just been passed by the Republican Governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney.

I saw the insurgency take shape in the apocalyptic response to a piece of legislation so radical that it maintained America’s system of private health insurance. But this time, it wasn’t enough for Republican politicians to simply oppose Obamacare—to say, “I think it costs too much because of X” or “I don’t think it will work because of Y.” Instead, they were advised by party strategists to tell their constituents that Obamacare was “a government takeover” because “takeovers are like coups—they both lead to dictators and a loss of freedom.”

===

In the 2012 election, I watched Mitt Romney, the man who was once my moderate governor, say that 47 percent of Americans “believe that they are victims” and that he could “never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.” I watched him publicly embrace the endorsement of a man who funded an investigation to prove that the President of the United States was a Kenyan-born imposter—a decision that helped legitimize Donald J. Trump, the monster who now haunts America’s waking nightmare.

I saw Jeb Bush, who once called it an “act of love” to accept undocumented immigrants, say that America should only accept terrorized refugees who are Christian. I saw Marco Rubio, who once had the courage to work with President Obama to reform immigration, say that President Obama has hurt and weakened America—deliberately. And even now, as the party now faces the prospect of nominating a xenophobic demagogue who was, of all things, a Clinton donor, elected Republicans stand quietly by and repeat their hostage statements:
“I intend to support the nominee,” says Paul Ryan, moments after he called out Trump’s flirtation with the KKK. “I intend to support the nominee,” says Mitch McConnell, as he rallies the Senate to block hearings for Obama’s Supreme Court choice before even knowing who it is—one final attempt to delegitimize this President on his way out the door. “I intend to support the nominee,” say the presidential candidates, who, at the last debate, couldn’t even bring themselves to condemn Trump for the hate and violence he’s incited at his rallies. And now, finally, after scenes of chaos at a rally that had to be cancelled in Chicago, Rubio and Kasich are wavering on that pledge with that same mixture of shock and sadness we saw from John McCain at that Town Hall in 2008: “What have I done?”

It’s a funny thing about appeasement. The conservative hawks are right—it doesn’t work. At the end of the day, the Tea Party did force John Boehner out of office. No one clapped for Jeb. No one cared about Mitt’s speech. Little Marco is on life support. John Kasich is 0-20. And the party is left to choose between Ted Cruz and Donald Trump: the crazy insider vs. the crazy outsider; one of the most hated men in Washington vs. one of the most hateful men in America. And even if Hillary beats them in November, which I believe she will, the forces that have been unleashed will not go quietly into the night. You can already hear what they’ll say in order to rob her of the same legitimacy they tried to steal from Obama: “She’d be in jail if his Justice Department didn’t protect her.”

In the last few months, I’ve become frustrated, and at times scared, by this stark reality—which, I can tell you, doesn’t happen easily to an Obama Kool-Aid drinker like me. What’s worse is that I can’t seem to tear myself away from it all—the Nazi-like oaths, the dick-measuring debates, the Twitter taunting. You start to understand why the crazy is so addictive.

I was asked to offer some commentary one of these debates recently, and before I left for the studio, I started scrolling through the news to make sure that I was up to date on Donald Trump’s latest reaction to Donald Trump’s latest performance. But when I arrived at the studio, the guest before me was a man named Brent Brown, a lifelong Republican who had voted against Obama twice, and was particularly vocal in his opposition to Obamacare. Brown also had a serious autoimmune disease that nearly killed him because he couldn’t afford treatment. And the Affordable Care Act saved his life. And he wrote this beautiful letter to Obama that ends with, “Thank you for serving me when I didn’t vote you. Thank you for being my President.”

I sat there and watched the clip of Brent introducing Obama at a rally in Milwaukee that day, and then being interviewed by Chris Hayes. His voice was halting, a little unsure, like it was the first time he had ever spoken in public. And I thought about what it took for him to get there—to beat his illness, to write that letter, to go to that rally, to sit in front that television camera, to say, “You know what? I changed my mind.” It’s the kind of courage and grace you rarely see in public life, but it probably exists in more places than we imagine.

The President often says, “We are not as divided as our politics suggests.”

Now, more than ever, I hope that he’s right.

Daily Beast
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #1916 on: March 13, 2016, 08:04:12 pm »
Trump threatening to send his supporters to Sanders rallies. This will end well.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1917 on: March 13, 2016, 08:44:38 pm »
Here's the Nazi salute lady explaining herself, using an excuse that'll take you few minutes of mental gymnastics to understand:

Trump supporter explains what led to 'Heil, Hitler' salute at canceled Chicago rally

A 69-year-old Yorkville woman and her husband are defending her actions after a Tribune photo showed her giving a Nazi salute during an altercation with protesters outside UIC Pavilion Friday night following the ill-fated Donald Trump rally.

The photo of Trump supporter Birgitt Peterson went viral on social media this weekend, causing some to wonder about her motivation for making the gesture.

Peterson, who said she emigrated from West Berlin and has been a U.S. citizen since 1982, said the salute came during an argument with protesters and was simply her response to them giving her the Nazi gesture.

Her husband, Donald, insisted: "We're not skinheads, we're not Nazis."

She was wearing a Trump T-shirt, and a group of about 20 protesters began speaking to them, she said.

"The one lady, she said: 'Hey, white supremacist,'" Peterson said.

A woman grabbed the orange lanyard Peterson had around her neck that identified her as a member of the Illinois delegation to a past Republican convention, and then the woman let it go, she said.

Peterson said she told them: "Girlfriend, don't do this. If you want to talk, you have the right to be here to protest. I have the right to be here."

A protester told Peterson that she wanted the woman to "stay safe'' and urged Peterson and her husband to leave, she said. But they were cursing at them also, her husband added.

A young woman who had a shirt comparing Trump to Hitler accused the couple of voting for the Ku Klux Klan, Birgitt Peterson said, quoting the woman as saying, "Hitler is Donald Trump ... This is what you are. Why did you vote for this man?"

Peterson said she responded: "You should know that I haven't voted for anybody because the primary is not until Tuesday."

She said the protesters told her, "You are here to vote for Hitler," and they started giving a Nazi salute.

Peterson said she told the protesters she was German and asked them if they knew what the salute meant.

"So Birgitt decided to teach them to do it,'' said Donald Peterson, who insisted they were "not Nazis'' and absolutely not supporters or "saluting'' Adolf Hitler.

"I lifted my arms," she said, adding that in German she said, "Hail to the German Reich."

A protester who was photographed with Peterson, Michael Joseph Garza, told the Tribune on Saturday he did not believe Peterson was responding to anyone else when she raised her arm in the salute.

"I went up to her and said, 'Ma'am, please leave, we have understood you, we have made a (path),'" Garza recalled. "She said, 'Go? Back in my day, this is what we did,' basically, and then she hailed Hitler."

Jason Wambsgans, the Tribune photographer who took the picture, said he had more than a dozen photos of Peterson giving the Nazi salute but did not see any protesters doing the gesture and has no photos showing that.

Donald Peterson said having grown up in postwar Germany, his wife knows the emotional impact of Hitler's reign.

"It really makes her mad that they compare somebody (like Trump) to Hitler without knowing history," he said. "That is an insult to anybody who lived through it."

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1918 on: March 13, 2016, 10:24:06 pm »
Trump threatening to send his supporters to Sanders rallies. This will end well.
Maybe he could design some natty uniforms for them? I hear brown is in this season...

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1919 on: March 13, 2016, 10:24:47 pm »
I know, mate. I meant that the USA has had influential thinkers like Jefferson, Franklin and Adams. They were probably ruthless as well, but certainly not as classless as the modern politicians.

Good point. What does it mean? How will he achieve it? Those are good questions. You won't hear an answer though. Not from him. He'll continue to divide people. He'll call people snakes etc, it will continue to create headlines. He needs enemies. It's all smoke and mirrors. But packaged well. And that's why he's winning. But there's nothing there. He's a fraud.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez