Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers Property Portfolio  (Read 10207 times)

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Brendan Rodgers Property Portfolio
« on: July 30, 2015, 06:11:42 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-boss-brendan-rodgers-9087253

Liverpool FC boss Brendan Rodgers had a conviction overturned after being prosecuted for failing to improve an eyesore house in Lancashire.

The Anfield manager, and his business partner Judith O’Hagan, were taken to court in December 2013 by council chiefs over the rundown terraced house in Accrington.

Hyndburn council said both had failed to comply with an improvement notice to fix broken windows and doors and remove rubbish at 21 Edmund Street.
They were fined £400, told to pay £375 costs and ordered to bring the derelict home in line with the council’s demands after being convicted in their absence.
But council bosses today confirmed the convictions were later quashed after it emerged neither Mr Rodgers or Miss O’Hagan had received notices to attend court.

The council’s head of regeneration and housing, Mark Hoyle, said: “Brendan Rodgers and Judith O’Hagan were convicted in their absence of failing to comply with a notice served on them by the council.

“However, the case against them both was overturned at Blackburn Magistrates’ Court on April 28, 2014, in the case of Brendan Rodgers, and on July 9, 2014, in the case of Miss O’Hagan, as neither Mr Rodgers or Miss O’Hagan had received the court summons.”

Under an improvement notice, a landlord is required to carry out work to deal with a hazard associated with a property. If the landlord does not do the work, or make progress, a local authority can carry out work itself and claim the costs back. It is unclear what action the council took, if any, to see the property improved. According to Zoopla, the average property value in Edmund Street is £50,830. But the house is located in an area of Accrington earmarked for a £13m regeneration project to bring 130 derelict empty properties back into use.

At the time of Mr Rodgers’ now-overturned conviction, Hyndburn council deputy leader Clare Pritchard, said: “We take a tough line on people who fail to bring their properties into repair. This strong enforcement policy will play a part in regenerating the area.”
« Last Edit: August 1, 2015, 09:24:56 am by MichaelA »

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
Re: Re: Tory Bastards
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 06:17:35 pm »

What is the source of this ? I can't find any report with the paragraph in bold
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 10:37:52 pm »
I hope that's not true about Rodgers.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 10:49:49 pm »
Is this true?

If so it's beyond the pale  (so to speak ),and not the behaviour befitting a Liverpool manager.

Can we see the source,please?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 10:51:53 pm »
I hope that's not true about Rodgers.

If he goes on at that right he'll catch up with Robbie Fowler.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 10:55:55 pm »
If he goes on at that right he'll catch up with Robbie Fowler.
Are any of Robbie's houses slums?

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 12:24:06 am »
Is this true?

If so it's beyond the pale  (so to speak ),and not the behaviour befitting a Liverpool manager.

Can we see the source,please?
"not the behaviour befitting a Liverpool manager" are the exact words i said when talking about this troubling subject earlier to our lass.
However the only link referring to the case that i have found is to the Daily Heil so i'll take that with a pinch of salt and i cant find the  'Mr Rodgers said 'this is low income housing, for low income people' ' or any other quotes from him on the subject anywhere.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 03:59:48 am »
I'm confused. Didn't the post election budget call for a sharp drop in austerity measures so that the budget will even out by 2019 and the only dumb policies were the inheritance and property ones? Why all this nonsense about druggies and alcoholics that just isn't going to shine in the light of day in 4 years.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 04:08:37 am »
Not just our manager, I hear a lot of footballers, past and present, not to mention a couple of scouse favourites are at the BTL game. Whether they employ the disgusting tactics Rodgers does I have no idea. But it would not surprise me if they were all doing something similar. I hope the press call him out on it. Oh wait, they are all at it too...

Also, if they have that kind of cash floating around, they would be better off selling those properties and buying fewer posh upmarket ones and renting them out. Less hassle, and much more money. And you get to brown-nose the type of people you aspire to become like...

Fucking appalling story. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:12:48 am by Twelfth Man »
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 09:57:02 am »

Also, if they have that kind of cash floating around, they would be better off selling those properties and buying fewer posh upmarket ones and renting them out. Less hassle, and much more money. And you get to brown-nose the type of people you aspire to become like...

thats not strictly true, i was listerning to a programme on BTL and the effects of the new changes, they spoke to a woman who had paid £500,000 for a one bedroom flat in london and her ROI was  up to 3%, which is tight considering costs, mortgage size etc etc involved, they then had a woman from Liverpool, who bought a property outright for £45k at auction and her ROI was about 8-12%, with no mortgage to worry about

Although the over-arching thing about BTL wasnt so much how much they make a month on rent but the capital worth of the property in the long term

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 02:01:43 pm »
Fuck me, I've spent years speaking out against these people. I volunteer in a housing charity and know all too well the damage BTL leeches cause. I don't think I've ever even had a warning on this forum, but I'd get banned if I said how I really felt about this.

I was...gobsmacked when I read this earlier. It's only a few months since we were discussing it here, I think it was Fat Scouser I was talking to?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/landlord-brendan-rodgers-fined-1000-for-leaving-property-in-state-of-disrepair-31157242.html

Don't know what his level of knowledge or involment is but he needs to sort that shit out or fuck off.
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 02:58:08 pm »
Conviction overturned for technical reasons. This is still very embarrassing in my opinion.

"Liverpool FC boss Brendan Rodgers has conviction overturned for failing to improve rundown terraced house"
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-boss-brendan-rodgers-9087253
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 03:25:00 pm »
I guess when you earn obscene amounts of money, just leaving it in the bank isn't enough, you have to go and be a property hoarder too. Very disappointing. Rodgers has plummeted in my opinion over this.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 03:37:45 pm »
I guess when you earn obscene amounts of money, just leaving it in the bank isn't enough, you have to go and be a property hoarder too. Very disappointing. Rodgers has plummeted in my opinion over this.
Slum landlords allegations worry me more. I hope this story is shit.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 04:01:35 pm »
Back on to the Tory Bastards...
George Gideon Oliver Osborne, son of Sir Peter Osborne, 17th Baronet of Ballentaylor and Ballylemon and Felicity Alexandra Loxton-Peacock, educated at St. Paul's and Magdalen College, Oxford under pressure to reveal if meeting with Rupert Murdoch preceded announcement of BBC cuts

Exclusive: Chancellor accused of allowing media mogul to lobby him just days before announced curbs on BBC’s budget

James Cusick   Author Biography Political Correspondent
 Thursday 30 July 2015

George Gideon Oliver Osborne, son of Sir Peter Osborne, 17th Baronet of Ballentaylor and Ballylemon and Felicity Alexandra Loxton-Peacock, educated at St. Paul's and Magdalen College, Oxford is under pressure to reveal if he held a private meeting with Rupert Murdoch days before the Treasury imposed a £650m budget cut on the BBC.

Whitehall speculation about the alleged meeting – which would raise fresh questions about the closeness of the  relationship between the Conservatives and the Murdoch empire – has prompted Labour to write to Mr Osborne demanding he release full details of his contact with the News Corp boss.

Sources told The Independent that the Chancellor is said to have met Mr Murdoch shortly before the BBC’s Director-General, Lord Hall, was informed of the Government’s plan to force the Corporation to accept full financial responsibility for free TV licences for over-75s.

George Gideon Oliver Osborne, son of Sir Peter Osborne, 17th Baronet of Ballentaylor and Ballylemon and Felicity Alexandra Loxton-Peacock, educated at St. Paul's and Magdalen College, Oxford has indicated his support for Ofcom taking over the governance of the BBC (Getty) 

The alleged meeting is said to have taken place in Downing Street in late June.

Although the Treasury publishes quarterly details of ministers’ external meetings, confirmation of any recent discussion between Mr Murdoch and Mr Osborne is unlikely to be made public before next year and may not include specific dates.

Chris Bryant, the shadow Culture Secretary, wrote to Mr Osborne asking for a “fast-tracked” release of official “transparency data” involving his meetings with senior media executives.

The Labour frontbencher said there was a “public interest” in the information being published straight away, because of the potentially substantial economic benefits that could come to News Corp’s UK and international businesses from a shrunken and less powerful BBC.

Mr Bryant’s letter asks the Chancellor for “a list of all meetings, correspondence or phone calls you have had with Rupert Murdoch since the election [May 2015], along with notes of what was discussed in those conversations.”

Mr Bryant, a former member of the Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee who was instrumental in helping expose criminal wrong-doing inside Mr Murdoch’s News of the World, told the Chancellor he would also be sending a Freedom of Information Act request to the Treasury.

However he appealed to Mr Osborne to release details of any Murdoch meetings “in good faith and in the public interest, rather than being forced to do so by the Act”.

Lord Hall was told about the switch of responsibility from the Department for Work and Pensions to the BBC for free over-75s television licences in the last week of June. The official announcement, he was told, would be part of the 8 July Budget.

The Independent has been told of concerns that an Osborne-Murdoch meeting took place ahead of the initial discussion with Lord Hall.

Days of negotiations followed, involving Mr Osborne, the Culture Secretary John Whittingdale, Lord Hall, and the CEO of the BBC Trust Rona Fairhead.

Lord Hall described the government talks as “very, very hard”. Although the Corporation lost £650m from its budget, the deal included measures to ease the BBC’s pain. These included pegging licence fee funding to inflation, abolishing its broadband rollout contributions by 2021, and an agreement on new revenue streams for iPlayer. The deal was heavily trailed in a leading UK Sunday newspaper owned by Mr Murdoch.

The Chancellor himself, appearing on the BBC ahead of his Budget, accused the Corporation of harbouring “imperial ambitions” and indicated that the BBC’s investment in its website would come under government scrutiny.

He said: “You wouldn’t want the BBC to completely crowd out national newspapers”.

The alleged meeting between George Gideon Oliver Osborne, son of Sir Peter Osborne, 17th Baronet of Ballentaylor and Ballylemon and Felicity Alexandra Loxton-Peacock, educated at St. Paul's and Magdalen College, Oxford and Rupert Murdoch is said to have taken place in Downing Street in late June (Getty) 

Mr Murdoch’s son James, heir to his father’s media empire, used similar language in a 2009 speech at the Edinburgh Television Festival.

He told an audience that the BBC’s dominance and ambitions were “chilling” and complained of “free news” on the BBC website making it “incredibly difficult” for other organisations in that market.

The Government’s Green Paper on the BBC’s future was published after the Budget. Despite Mr Whittingdale saying he wanted the Corporation to “thrive”, leading BBC figures and executives said the organisation would become “less popular and much-diminished”, with parts of its popular music radio stations likely to close and an array of its mass-market television programmes to be abolished in a forced return to restricted public-service broadcasting.

A senior Whitehall source with experience in the City, told The Independent: “It’s unlikely that any global media company could have written a better script on the planned demise of the BBC. The assumption is that new markets will open, new players will enter, and a state-sponsored giant will end up in a much smaller box.”

The Independent asked News UK, Mr Murdoch’s UK print division, for details of any recent meetings with the Chancellor. A spokeswoman, after checking with News Corp in New York, said details of such meetings were not given out.

The Treasury said that, in line with other government departments, it regularly published details of ministers’ external meetings. The statement added: “Details of the Chancellor’s meetings in June will be published in due course.”

Culture Secretary John Whittingdale in the Commons earlier this month telling MPs that the BBC’s rapid growth must be reversed (PA) 

News Corp and the BBC: The worst of enemies

The BBC is a £5bn annual business, with its 20,000 staff engaged in radio, television, and online enterprises and programming, making it the world’s largest broadcaster outside China.

Although the corporation retains the public service ethos developed by Lord Reith in its first 1920s Charter, the vast range of BBC business in the 21st century makes it a dominant force in nearly every sector of UK and international media.

The industry assumption is that, regardless of how much BBC output is already commissioned from independent production companies, any government intent to shrink the reach of the BBC will deliver a new competitive era in broadcasting.

Those expected to benefit from a reduced BBC footprint include BSkyB, where News Corp remains the largest shareholder, ITV, where falling audience numbers remain a concern, Channel 4 and others. Reducing the BBC’s influence across the UK would also open up an attractive market for global media players, especially those from the United States and Europe.

The BBC’s network television channels, its news operation, multiple radio stations, and huge range of local radio and TV output, dwarf all competitors and make forecasting the impact of any gradual demise difficult.

But one target is already in the Government’s cross-hairs. The BBC website, still mostly free, is widely seen by newspapers, both international and domestic, as a state-funded barrier to future expansion.

News UK’s The Times and other online titles have paywalls.

But if the BBC website – which costs UK taxpayers £174m a year – was forced to restrict its audience or begin charging, the commercial assumption is that this is the game-changer Mr Murdoch has been pushing for, and may now have helped deliver.   

James Cusick

From left: James Murdoch, Chief Executive of BSkyB, with then Conservative party leader David Cameron, and George Gideon Oliver Osborne, son of Sir Peter Osborne, 17th Baronet of Ballentaylor and Ballylemon and Felicity Alexandra Loxton-Peacock, educated at St. Paul's and Magdalen College, Oxford, then Shadow Chancellor in 2007. The Murdoch family is no stranger to Downing Street (Rex) 

The mogul and No 10: The many meetings

At the Leveson inquiry it was revealed that Rupert Murdoch is no stranger to Downing Street.

Before Mr Murdoch’s bid for full control of BSkyB in 2010-11 he met David Cameron twice. The first meeting took place shortly after the 2010 election and was initially described as an opportunity for Britain’s new Prime Minister to thank the proprietor for his help during the election. Mr Murdoch told the parliamentary media select committee that when he visited Mr Cameron in July 2010, he entered by No 10’s back door.

However in the wake of the phone-hacking scandal, the Prime Minister published details from his diaries of meetings with media executives and editors.

It was revealed that the two men met seven times over the first two years of the Cameron premiership. Throw in Murdoch lieutenants going to No 10 and the meeting count jumps to 26 for that slim timeframe.

News UK now says  that details of who Mr  Murdoch sees in private  are not disclosed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/george-osborne-under-pressure-to-reveal-if-meeting-with-rupert-murdoch-preceded-announcement-of-bbc-cuts-10428769.html
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 04:07:56 pm »
Slum landlords allegations worry me more. I hope this story is shit.

I hope it`s not true also. It needs looked into.

The club probably won`t care, but the local press (at least) should investigate if it involves local housing.

If it is true, the tide of my opinion of the man will have changed. I know it`s nothing to do with his football management, but his character and ability to lead will be seriously in question.

*Sorry to bring football into politics*  ;)

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 05:59:59 pm »
Conviction overturned for technical reasons. This is still very embarrassing in my opinion.

"Liverpool FC boss Brendan Rodgers has conviction overturned for failing to improve rundown terraced house"
you can buy a house for an upper middle class London pay packet? Jesus.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 08:40:44 pm »
I hope it`s not true also. It needs looked into.

The club probably won`t care, but the local press (at least) should investigate if it involves local housing.

If it is true, the tide of my opinion of the man will have changed. I know it`s nothing to do with his football management, but his character and ability to lead will be seriously in question.

*Sorry to bring football into politics*  ;)

I only care about how he manages the club, the rest is his own affair unless it embarrasses the club which obviously it hasn't so far as nobody knew anything about it if true

, one thing puzzles me i kept reading that he was a Tenant of Stevie's why if he had all these houses surely he could live in one or just buy another?
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 10:12:12 pm »
I only care about how he manages the club, the rest is his own affair unless it embarrasses the club which obviously it hasn't so far as nobody knew anything about it if true

, one thing puzzles me i kept reading that he was a Tenant of Stevie's why if he had all these houses surely he could live in one or just buy another?

The story suggests the houses are not the best nor in the best areas.

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #19 on: August 1, 2015, 03:42:25 am »
I only care about how he manages the club, the rest is his own affair

Fucking bull shit. This club, this city demands more. Shanks knew that. If this current manager is an active and knowledgeable member of this disgrace then I want him gone! End of!
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #20 on: August 1, 2015, 05:43:13 am »
Fucking bull shit. This club, this city demands more. Shanks knew that. If this current manager is an active and knowledgeable member of this disgrace then I want him gone! End of!
A know we like a good moral out rage but a few broken windows and a council fine sounds like the system is doing its job. Also not sure if its fair to call people who own cheaper housing slum lords by definition? Haven't seen too many facts out of this so if it turns out Rodgers is running some crazy fuck the poor scheme then I retract the above.

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 1, 2015, 06:10:16 am »
A know we like a good moral out rage but a few broken windows and a council fine sounds like the system is doing its job. Also not sure if its fair to call people who own cheaper housing slum lords by definition? Haven't seen too many facts out of this so if it turns out Rodgers is running some crazy fuck the poor scheme then I retract the above.
From this report it seems more than that.

Rodgers has gained a reputation in buy to let circles as being an astute, calculated businessman, who snaps up homes at the bottom of the property ladder, in low income areas where residents are unable to afford a higher standard of home.

Judge Roberts, who presided on Monday's case, criticised the 'appalling standard' some of the homes were in, chiding that 'having a monopoly on low income properties doesn't mean that you can take advantage of people, and rent them in disarray'. He also criticised the amount of attempted evictions, saying 'looking through the papers, I note that you have consistently attempted to put people out of their homes at the first sign of financial trouble, instead of working with them to find a solution. You put them into further financial difficulty by lumbering them with court costs as well as arrears.'

One property - a two bedroom terrace in Accrington - was subjected to an enforcement notice by the local council in March of this year. The property was described as a 'rotting slum'. In documents defending the enforcement, Mr Rodgers said 'this is low income housing, for low income people'.

The enforcement was upheld, with Rodgers being convicted and made to pay costs of £400.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2015, 06:12:38 am by hide5seek »

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 1, 2015, 06:51:56 am »
I only care about how he manages the club, the rest is his own affair
Would you feel the same about our owner's if they were like City's?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #23 on: August 1, 2015, 07:05:07 am »

Rodgers has gained a reputation in buy to let circles as being an astute, calculated businessman, who snaps up homes at the bottom of the property ladder, in low income areas where residents are unable to afford a higher standard of home.

Judge Roberts, who presided on Monday's case, criticised the 'appalling standard' some of the homes were in, chiding that 'having a monopoly on low income properties doesn't mean that you can take advantage of people, and rent them in disarray'. He also criticised the amount of attempted evictions, saying 'looking through the papers, I note that you have consistently attempted to put people out of their homes at the first sign of financial trouble, instead of working with them to find a solution. You put them into further financial difficulty by lumbering them with court costs as well as arrears.'

One property - a two bedroom terrace in Accrington - was subjected to an enforcement notice by the local council in March of this year. The property was described as a 'rotting slum'. In documents defending the enforcement, Mr Rodgers said 'this is low income housing, for low income people'.

The enforcement was up held, with Rodgers being convicted and made to pay costs of £400.
hhhmmmmm that`s very poor from Rodgers if true. Gutter level tactics from a millionaire to fuck the poor in the pursuit of becoming even more millionarish.

So low level housing means it acceptable for low income families to live in shitholes so the landlord can pursue more cash to pile on top of the mountains of cash already secured in the bank?

I really hope this story is untrue or inaccurate because if it is true then my respect for Rodgers has just plummeted.

Edit - Not sure why this is in the Tory bastards thread?
« Last Edit: August 1, 2015, 07:16:30 am by TheTeflonJohn »

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
Re: Brendan Rodgers Property Portfolio
« Reply #24 on: August 1, 2015, 09:25:19 am »

Edit - Not sure why this is in the Tory bastards thread?

I've split it out. Proceed with caution. :wave

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 1, 2015, 09:32:55 am »
I've split it out. Proceed with caution. :wave
You may need to remove Harry's post, looks weird in here.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 1, 2015, 09:33:04 am »
Very disapointing but like everybody else need confirmation/corroboration of the validity of the claims

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 1, 2015, 09:38:19 am »
Not trying to absolve Rodgers of any fault, seeing as he owns the portfolio - but surely he would would have a management firm dealing with his portfolio.  To sort out these issues and the like.

I dont imagine BR's diary reads, 9 -10 Training, 10-11 Slum lord antics, 11-12 Tactics. etc etc

Like i say, he ultimately carries the can but seems like he needs to rethink the strategy

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 1, 2015, 10:22:32 am »
Cut the shit out Brendan. For your own good.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #29 on: August 1, 2015, 10:29:03 am »

The enforcement was upheld, with Rodgers being convicted and made to pay costs of £400.

That report is not Google-able. Where does it come from?

From the echo report, it is not clear if there was someone in the property. Letting a house fall into disrepair empty is very different from being a slum landlord renting dangerous properties. The only sources thus far alleging the latter are uncredited.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #30 on: August 1, 2015, 10:35:24 am »
No unsourced reports please and any wild speculation can be defended at your own expense. :wave

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #31 on: August 1, 2015, 10:43:15 am »
That report is not Google-able. Where does it come from?

Not only that, but this line in particular doesn't show up on Google at all...

'having a monopoly on low income properties doesn't mean that you can take advantage of people, and rent them in disarray'

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #32 on: August 1, 2015, 12:48:48 pm »
Here's the original report on the case in question... http://www.churchandmilnshawtogether.com/?p=1225 from January 2014 (not earlier this year as the Fail says)

The owners of an Accrington property left in a state of disrepair for over three years have been found guilty in court for non-compliance of a notice ordering them to make repairs there, including the installation of new windows, new doors, a new roof and the removal of all waste materials.

Mr Brendan Joseph Rodgers and Miss Judith Michelle O’Hagan were found guilty in their absence at Blackburn Magistrates court of non-compliance of a notice served under Section 79 of the building Act 1984, regarding their property at 21 Edmund Street, Accrington which has been in a state of disrepair for over three years.

Both Mr Rodgers and Miss O’Hagan were fined £400 and ordered to pay £375 each in costs to the Council.

Under section 79 of the building act 1984 there is provision for a daily fine to be issued until renovation work is completed.

21 Edmund Street is located in the Woodnook Area of Accrington which is currently undergoing a major £13 million regeneration project to bring over 200 derelict empty properties back in to use within the next three years.

Deputy Leader, Cllr Clare Pritchard and Milnshaw ward Councillor, said; “We are working with PlaceFirst on a major regeneration project to bring over 200 derelict empty properties back in to use in Woodnook within the next three years. As an authority we take a tough line on people who fail to bring their properties into repair and this strong enforcement policy will play a part of the regeneration of the area.”

It would appear that the property was not then occupied, along with a few hundred others in the area earmarked for regeneration.

The council were doing their job.

Here it is today .. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.748228,-2.364628,3a,75y,341.98h,90.5t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sIVhacgeDsp8qLUTIC1NOaQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

As for all this...

In my opinion it seems potentially libellous and I think it should be removed until a reputable source for it is given.

In the run up to the start of the season, it seems that perhaps strange things are afoot at the Circle K.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 1, 2015, 12:58:52 pm »

Very distasteful.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 1, 2015, 01:24:58 pm »
I hate acting like an outraged Daily Mail reader but that is so fucking poor from Rodgers, not just that case but the whole hoovering up of low cost housing and renting them out for no doubt a tidy mark up price.

On the whole Buy-to-Let subject, what are people's general opinions on it? Has it badly affected the housing market this practice? 
« Last Edit: August 1, 2015, 01:45:20 pm by Bunter »

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #35 on: August 1, 2015, 01:38:10 pm »
I hate acting like an outraged Daiy Mail reader but...

...you have anyway.

Reading between the lines, it looks like derelict properties are being bought up, tidied up and put back onto the market as low rental accommodation. The prosecution was about failure to comply, the case was dismissed because the court order had not been served. That was last January. The current Google Street view suggests the property has been redeveloped as part of a wider regeneration project, and now looks as new.

Do I feel comfortable about the manager being involved in this? My gut reaction is no but I don't know all the details. Is it realistic to expect him to focus exclusively on the Club? Probably not, although it would appear from the court case that his attentions were not focused on his property portfolio, so maybe, you know, he was concentrating on being the Manager.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: August 1, 2015, 01:47:14 pm »
I hate acting like an outraged Daiy Mail reader but that is so fucking poor from Rodgers, not just that case but the whole hoovering up of low cost housing and renting them out for no doubt a tidy mark up price.

On the whole Buy-to-Let subject, what are people's general opinions on it? Has it badly affected the housing market this practice?

It has led to inevitable housing shortages and dispicable practices. See the stories about the buy up of social housing in Westminster by some prominent people,just so they can let it out at outrageous rents?

A housing crash is coming.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #37 on: August 1, 2015, 02:27:17 pm »
...you have anyway.

Reading between the lines, it looks like derelict properties are being bought up, tidied up and put back onto the market as low rental accommodation. The prosecution was about failure to comply, the case was dismissed because the court order had not been served. That was last January. The current Google Street view suggests the property has been redeveloped as part of a wider regeneration project, and now looks as new.

Do I feel comfortable about the manager being involved in this? My gut reaction is no but I don't know all the details. Is it realistic to expect him to focus exclusively on the Club? Probably not, although it would appear from the court case that his attentions were not focused on his property portfolio, so maybe, you know, he was concentrating on being the Manager.

Pretty much my feelings. A lot of outrage based on very little information.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #38 on: August 1, 2015, 02:44:12 pm »
Extremely dissapointing. If the most serious allegations are true then I have been sorely mistaken about Rodgers character. I strongly disagree that we shouldn't care what kind of human being our manager is. The manager is the embodiment of the club and our club has been built by some great men. The bar has been set high at this club not only on the pitch but off the pitch as well.

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #39 on: August 1, 2015, 02:52:42 pm »
Extremely dissapointing. If the most serious allegations are true then I have been sorely mistaken about Rodgers character. I strongly disagree that we shouldn't care what kind of human being our manager is. The manager is the embodiment of the club and our club has been built by some great men. The bar has been set high at this club not only on the pitch but off the pitch as well.

Can you please outline which 'serious allegations' which 'are true' are causing you to be 'sorely mistaken'?