Author Topic: Mike Marsh's contract not renewed, Rodgers will reshuffle backroom staff  (Read 17509 times)

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
It's pretty significant:

Liverpool news: Brendan Rodgers will reshuffle backroom staff following first team coach Mike Marsh's exit

Former Liverpool player Marsh has not had his contract renewed and has been released by the club following an assessment of coaching staff

By Chris Bascombe

Brendan Rodgers will reshuffle his backroom team during the summer following the departure of first team coach Mike Marsh.

Marsh, a former Liverpool player, has not had his contract renewed and has been released by the club following an assessment of the coaching staff.

He is the only high profile departure so far following the club’s end of season review, opening a vacancy among Rodgers’ inner circle.

Marsh was promoted by Rodgers when the Northern Irishman took over in 2012, having earlier worked at the club’s Academy.

Rodgers’ current assistant is Colin Pascoe, but he will now consider who to approach to strengthen his coaching team.

There has been pressure since the end of the season for Rodgers to add more experience to his staff. There are some who want him to look to some of the club’s vast contingent of legendary former players to retain the essence of Anfield's bootroom culture – the Liverpool manager said he wanted both Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher to join the coaching ranks at some point in the future.

Gerrard will return to the club in some capacity after his spell at LA Galaxy, while Carragher is now committed to his media duties.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11653114/Liverpool-news-Brendan-Rodgers-will-reshuffle-backroom-staff-following-first-team-coach-Mike-Marshs-exit.html
« Last Edit: June 5, 2015, 12:03:43 am by Bonsky »
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
Re: Mike Marsh's contract not renewed - Bascombe
« Reply #1 on: June 5, 2015, 12:04:48 am »
Never like to see anyone lose their job, but I have thought for a considerable time that the backroom staff are not strong enough.

Wait to see who will be appointed instead.

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Pascoe gone too?
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Pascoe gone too?

Don't think so, although the wording is a bit iffy!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96

Wait to see who will be appointed instead.

wasnt Rob Jones brought in part time to coach the kids

;)

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Maybe they will promote Inglethorpe? He's highly rated.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
The manager has probably been taken aside and given a pep talk. As a manager you need the strongest support team otherwise your days are numbered.
#JFT97

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

kristian bennett ‏@hitman8976rawk  14s14 seconds ago
@TheAnfieldWrap lads you heard we've released pascoe and achterberg as well as marsh?

The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Newman96

• Look into his eyes. Pure evil.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Assume Pako is probably above returning now as a coach?

Offline Twitter.com

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Assume Pako is probably above returning now as a coach?

Won the treble this year.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They need to bring in some experience. People willing to challenge Rodgers, drive him on, and contradict him if needs be. Had the feeling his crew didn't really do that. FSG make a big play about employing the best back-up staff. Well I hope they stay true to that this time around.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Newman96

• Look into his eyes. Pure evil.
  • Kopite

Won the treble this year.

Yeah I know, just wondered if he'd accept a job as a coach or assistant now that he's been managing in his own right. Suppose Di Matteo became AVB's assistant after getting West Brom promoted.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan

I hope Marsh gets back in the game soon but we did need to make changes, let's hope we do a better job at the replacements than our piss poor recruitment team

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
Let's be honest, none of us know who was dead weight, who actually does their job etc. All we can hope for is that they actually aren't keeping people on how much the owners/manager like them, but just for their ability. 

That article before suggesting they may change the transfer committee, but keep the concept of it kind of worries me we're not getting rid of the right folks.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Get Sami in as a defensive coach ;D

Would have him as an assistant in a moment. Bit like Pako, don't know if he'd go back now that he's managed but after Brighton it might be a good step for him.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Posted this in the BR thread ....

This could be just the beginning of a set of coaching and (hopefully) general club organisational changes. I hope it's a sign, not only of FSG insistance, but BR own reflection. I hope he takes it and does bring in someone who has stature and whom the players will respect professionally. I have always got the impression MMarsh and CPascoe were just nodding lapdogs on the side. I never once saw them approach Rodgers with any opinion or thought. If BR repeats his efforts of this season again he's gone so I think he'd be wise to sidestep arrogance and allign everything towards getting results. If he can contain himself and focus on preparing a team for the 38 cup finals we have next season then he gives himself the best chance at making his story and career at Anfield a success. Get someone else in to take the load off of him, particularly around the cups and the EL. He's tried it one way and really it has not worked, he's not stupid ... I hope.
I don't think this is the end of the changes either.
Modify message

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Interesting development. I hope Marsh has a good career elsewhere. We will never find out who he is married too though.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
Is it just a case of wanting someone more experienced to come in? Not even sure what Marsh does, seems mostly a support act to Rodgers so would be harsh if letting him go was in any way meant to be seen as culling the staff in response to a poor season.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Who do you bring in now?  And what is their role?

I know Brendan loves the pitch, and running sessions.  The idea of a "defensive coach" just seems too American for this yank.

If he is going to bring in someone to influence the bootroom, it should be God, Macca, Hyypia or an up-and-coming ex-Red player.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Get the best people in, who will compliment Rodgers, make-up for his weaknesses regardless of whether they have links with the club. Obviously we would prefer an ex-player if they matched the credentials of someone not connected to the club.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I don't think Pascoe will go, if he does I'd be very surprised.

I've only ever heard positive things about him, as a man and as a coach; hard-working, knows his football, players like and respect him.  I know that he and Rodgers have a great understanding and working relationship so I don't see the sense in replacing him personally, make changes to the backroom by all means but dismissing the manager's right-hand man isn't going to be beneficial to Rodgers. 

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who do you bring in now?  And what is their role?

I know Brendan loves the pitch, and running sessions.  The idea of a "defensive coach" just seems too American for this yank.

If he is going to bring in someone to influence the bootroom, it should be God, Macca, Hyypia or an up-and-coming ex-Red player.

The worrying thing is, who is making the decision to get rid, and bring in new faces? I'm praying it's Brendan's decision and has nothing to do with Henry, Werner or any of their FSG cronies

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
Maybe they will promote Inglethorpe? He's highly rated.
He heads up the academy now. Don't think there's much chance of that and he seems to be doing a good job with the academy anyway.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2015, 01:12:07 am by Chris~ »

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Sad to see Marsh go, he's served this club well for a long time. I hope this isn't just a move just to show that something is being done, you know, not making a statement of intent just for the sake of it. Pascoe arrived with Rodgers from Swansea and as has been said he seems quite respected and liked, I'd imagine he'll stay on. Getting in a coach who is more clued up defensively that what is currently there will possibly be be next move. It doesn't have to be a defensive coach (I hate that phrase), just someone who will be able to help out in that regard.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
get Stevie Heighway back...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Gary Mac.
Kill the humourless

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders

This might be the best post I have read all year!!!

Could not agree more.  My way is the heighway :)
« Last Edit: June 5, 2015, 03:32:24 am by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan

Been doing some coaching voluntarily at the Academy this season.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
I don't know why we are not putting Marsh back with the kids where he was doing good work. But I guess someone has had to take the fall, wrongly or rightly. Probably wrongly in my opinion. Nothing like a good scapegoat.

If Sami would come, sign him up. Has experience as a manager at a top club (Leverkuesen), plus in the UCL and has a history at the club. Maybe being No.1 is too much for him at this stage of his career, but surely he is more than capable of helping Rodgers with the defense amongst other things.

My fear is that because Brendan is under some pressure, he may not get the best person in, as he wouldn't want someone there that could take over his job if it goes pear shaped again next season. Hopefully Brendan is thinking long term though. He should still be a massive success here if he swallows his pride and plays a system that suits the players we have, as he did when Suarez was here. If he tries to change the players styles to suit his system and keeps playing players out of position he is signing his own death warrant.

Personally I like the idea of getting people in who understand the club. Worked OK for a long time when we were successful........
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
Objectively speaking, I don't think we really know how capable Sami is as a coach, especially as an assistant, where so much of the work goes on behind closed doors. While understanding our limitations in that regard, it does seem like a spectacularly good idea. It would also bring a definite "feel good" factor to our offseason. That shouldn't be the priority on the hire, of course, but it would be a nice dollop of magnesium on the acid toxicity of our shit finish to the campaign. It would be nice to have a more experienced coach in if we can as well.

Best wishes for Mike Marsh. It's always a terrible feeling when you lose your job. YNWA
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Jim Boardman ‏@JimBoardman  55s56 seconds ago
"I'm busy with the TV at the minute but I've brought someone to see you."

Offline phoenician

• Kopite
Yeah, Carragher.

Rodgers and him can do a little bit of good cop, Scouse cop.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
Yeah, Carragher.

Pretty sure Boardman was pointing out the other guy in the photo actually

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, Carragher.

Carra's fucking intensity in that pic, one of a kind.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That's interesting that we've gotten rid of the coaches that worked with Rodgers rather than Rodgers himself. My guess is that the owners thought Rodgers was cocooned in an echo chamber and there was no one to really question his decisions. Neither Mike Marsh nor Pascoe would probably be able to really question Rodgers. But somehow, I'm more uncomfortable about this than anything else because this seems to be a far more overreaching clampdown on the manager's independence than perhaps putting a DOF or a transfer committee on top of him.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline phoenician

• Kopite
Pretty sure Boardman was pointing out the other guy in the photo actually

Out of the 1000 words contained in that picture I drew up a shortlist of two, Hyppia and Carragher, before settling on the latter.

Not sure about Boardman, but I'd be happy with either of them.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
We need the best of the best when it comes to coaching.

You just have to look at how Ferguson ran things at united to see how important a good assistant manager and backroom staff are.

Ferguson hardly ever took training sessions etc because he knew his coaches were fantastic at their job.

Colin Pascoe's son being in a relationship with rodgers daughter doesn't exactly  seem right to me either given the fact football is a cut throat business and that could effect Rodgers judgment.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
What's Muelensteen at these days? That guy knows how to coach title winners

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Been doing some coaching voluntarily at the Academy this season.
What? Was he doing it involuntarily before!? The bastards.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What's Muelensteen at these days? That guy knows how to coach title winners

Currently a consultant for Philadelphia Union and should be announced as Delhi Dynamos new head coach soon.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."