Author Topic: Gerrard to leave at the end of the season  (Read 230570 times)

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
Re: Gerrard to leave at the end of the season
« Reply #400 on: January 1, 2015, 11:30:23 pm »
Tonight, around the world, Liverpool fans will be simultaneously Cranking.

Cranking?
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #401 on: January 1, 2015, 11:30:25 pm »

He will be quite Marketable in the US. Good business decision by him too.
I see it the other way round. Very very few will know who he is in the US. He can live in peace, enjoy being a regular human with his family and play some football in the sun. Doesn't have to deal with all the inevitable negative press of his fading talent in the media constantly.

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: January 1, 2015, 11:30:47 pm »
Well at least some on here will be happy now. Their probably dancing around their living room as we speak.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #403 on: January 1, 2015, 11:31:06 pm »

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #404 on: January 1, 2015, 11:31:10 pm »
Am heartbroken. Dearly dearly love the man.  Having seen some unbelievable talents wear the shirt, Rush, God, the king. Steven will always be held in the utmost highest regard.  When you look at what goal hanging fat frank can still do and compare Stevens talent - its just not fair. 

It was inevitable obviously that his tenure would end but I cannot wish him any more luck.  I love the man, I really really love the man.  Lets hope someone (Hendo/Can) steps up and becomes another talisman

I find it hard to express how Im feeling.  Even though Im much older than him, I wish he was my dad
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: January 1, 2015, 11:31:40 pm »
If he goes to the MLS then he is clearly picking up one last big paycheck to secure his and his families future. Absolutely nothing wrong with that and a smart thing to do.
his families future you'd think is very secure, more a nice opportunity to make loads of money and live it up in LA LA land

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #406 on: January 1, 2015, 11:32:20 pm »
This won't be the end of his time at Liverpool, whether its in a coaching capacity or as an ambassador he will be back. 

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: January 1, 2015, 11:32:35 pm »
Gutted.  Legend.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #408 on: January 1, 2015, 11:32:46 pm »
It's slightly different. We lost Luis Suarez at his peak. We are losing Stevie when he is on his last legs and his place in the side is debatable.
I get that, but don't underestimate the influence he has amongst the squad and club.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: January 1, 2015, 11:33:28 pm »
MLS is improving steadily year by year, but when Legendary players like Gerrard play there, in my opinion they've essentially retired.
especially at his age, ditto with henry when he went there

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: January 1, 2015, 11:33:58 pm »
Well at least some on here will be happy now. Their probably dancing around their living room as we speak.
We already have problems scoring and we lose our top goal scoring midfielder. Aside from everything else he brings.

Offline luckyluke

• A proponent of intercourse during accelerated perambulation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super bonanza extravaganza
« Reply #411 on: January 1, 2015, 11:34:27 pm »
As long as he doesn't do a lampard.
I'd love him to do that, even if it was with City. He more than deserves it.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: January 1, 2015, 11:34:46 pm »
We already have problems scoring and we lose our top goal scoring midfielder. Aside from everything else he brings.
his goals all bar one have come from penalties. One from open play in around 2 years

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: January 1, 2015, 11:35:10 pm »
I see it the other way round. Very very few will know who he is in the US. He can live in peace, enjoy being a regular human with his family and play some football in the sun. Doesn't have to deal with all the inevitable negative press of his fading talent in the media constantly.

Mate, he's a fucking football legend. Anyone that knows a football is round knows who Steven Gerrard is.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: January 1, 2015, 11:35:26 pm »
He'll probably be on similar money to what he's on now. For effectively playing beach football.

In LA, in the sun.

What's not to like.

I'd go for it.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: January 1, 2015, 11:35:43 pm »
A part of me wishes he'd just retire. Would just be weird seeing him in another uniform.

This is why it feels so wrong to me

I don't begrudge him mind. I suppose it doesn't really mean that much, but when you go to Wiki, it won't just be Liverpool anymore.  :(

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #416 on: January 1, 2015, 11:36:42 pm »
I'm sorry, but it's fucking weird in a horrible way for Steven Gerrard not to be a one-club man anymore. It's just wrong, and although I'll respect his decision and wish him all the best, it just doesn't sit right with me. He should have been the Liverpool Legend with a legacy of 100% purity... the legendary status will remain, and thrive in his absence provided he stays abroad till his retirement, but the dilution of that incredibly perfect legacy is, I feel, a desperately sad thing.

Also, the people saying they hope he gets his deserved Premier League winner's medal with City... what the fuck are you on? Get your heads checked, Christ.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #417 on: January 1, 2015, 11:37:34 pm »
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #418 on: January 1, 2015, 11:37:41 pm »
Mate, he's a fucking football legend. Anyone that knows a football is round knows who Steven Gerrard is.
Hence the point, in America, they don't know football, so he will be to all intents and purposes anonymous on the street.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #419 on: January 1, 2015, 11:37:51 pm »
Really hope the season ends with him picking up some silverware.
JFT97

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #420 on: January 1, 2015, 11:38:31 pm »
Probably the best ever player to wear the red

Certainly the best in my time.

Sorry for my son who probably won't see his team with "the local hero" in it as he grows up. Times have changed for Liverpool and Stevie is the last of a dying breed.

Thank you Steven Gerrard. You made the title less years so much more enjoyable.

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #421 on: January 1, 2015, 11:38:47 pm »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: January 1, 2015, 11:38:53 pm »
his goals all bar one have come from penalties. One from open play in around 2 years

Your not inc free kicks?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: January 1, 2015, 11:38:58 pm »

Also, the people saying they hope he gets his deserved Premier League winner's medal with City... what the fuck are you on? Get your heads checked, Christ.

Correct. I hope he never gets one if it's not with Liverpool. Bizarre that anyone would want that.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: January 1, 2015, 11:39:14 pm »
Am heartbroken. Dearly dearly love the man.  Having seen some unbelievable talents wear the shirt, Rush, God, the king. Steven will always be held in the utmost highest regard.  When you look at what goal hanging fat frank can still do and compare Stevens talent - its just not fair. 

It was inevitable obviously that his tenure would end but I cannot wish him any more luck.  I love the man, I really really love the man.  Lets hope someone (Hendo/Can) steps up and becomes another talisman

I find it hard to express how Im feeling.  Even though Im much older than him, I wish he was my dad
:lmao

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #425 on: January 1, 2015, 11:39:43 pm »
Trust me, most Americans can name maybe two or three footballers.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #426 on: January 1, 2015, 11:39:52 pm »
Hence the point, in America, they don't know football, so he will be to all intents and purposes anonymous on the street.

Not as much as youd think now. Internets made the world a small place
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: January 1, 2015, 11:40:19 pm »
Probably not in LA.  Plenty of Mexicans know who he is...

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: January 1, 2015, 11:40:26 pm »

The World Cup got higher ratings in America than the NBA finals, I highly doubt he'll be anonymous
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #429 on: January 1, 2015, 11:40:37 pm »
I wish he'd retire because...err...it's the MLS, the land where they call it soccer and 'believe that we we will win!111!!!' Can't seem to have any respect for football in the US.

It's a bloody theatre. Gerrard deserves more.

(though it hasn't been at all confirmed that he will leave, let alone to the MLS).
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #430 on: January 1, 2015, 11:40:41 pm »
Is that not the point he's making? No doubt football is growing in the states but it's still well down the pecking order in the grand scheme of things.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #431 on: January 1, 2015, 11:40:48 pm »
Was lucky enough to grow up watching the King and Souness, Stevie ranks up there; I can't think of a higher tribute.

Thank you for all you have done for this club and I wish you and your family all the best for the future.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #432 on: January 1, 2015, 11:41:12 pm »
I'm sorry, but it's fucking weird in a horrible way for Steven Gerrard not to be a one-club man anymore. It's just wrong, and although I'll respect his decision and wish him all the best, it just doesn't sit right with me. He should have been the Liverpool Legend with a legacy of 100% purity... the legendary status will remain, and thrive in his absence provided he stay abroad till his retirement, but the dilution of that incredibly perfect legacy is, I feel, a desperately sad thing.

He will be a one-club man to the European public. Nobody in Europe will watch him regularly, maybe just when he does something brilliant we'll see the picture and everybody will go 'wooaah, he is still really good'. Nobody watches MLS football and his spell there will go largely unnoticed.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: January 1, 2015, 11:41:48 pm »
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Specimen A

• Main Stander
  • Sydneysider
« Reply #434 on: January 1, 2015, 11:41:57 pm »
As a sports fan in general, Steven Gerrard is the reason I started supporting Liverpool, and football in general. As an Aussie, I always preferred rugby league and cricket, but Gerrard had something we rarely see in modern professional sportsmen.

I have never seen the amount of true passion, drive and the desire and willingness to win a game for their team than him. Someone who kissed the badge and you would know he meant it. A reason why I would want to watch another sport, and to watch Liverpool in the first place.

Being as loyal as he has, he's deserves to finish his career on his own terms. Before Steven Gerrard, I would not have batted an eyelid to football. Now I'm one of LFC's biggest supporters, and always will be.

Its a sad day, but I wish the best to him, what a player. LFC won't be the same.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #435 on: January 1, 2015, 11:42:09 pm »
Not as much as youd think now. Internets made the world a small place
Swimming pools, movie stars, he'd be small fry there.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #436 on: January 1, 2015, 11:42:31 pm »
An absolute legend...inspirational powerhouse of a player.
Definitely the right time though.

Good luck Gerry, lets hope we can win one more trophy for him this season.

YNWA Stevie
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #437 on: January 1, 2015, 11:42:35 pm »
The World Cup got higher ratings in America than the NBA finals, I highly doubt he'll be anonymous
Hardly anyone watches the MLS compared to their national sports.

Offline lucid-tentacles

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Living for the moment
« Reply #438 on: January 1, 2015, 11:42:37 pm »
God this is ridiculous i'm a grown man and i'm crying. Thanks for the memories . Right!!! Time to pull myself together. I just hope that when in the USA he stipulates that the shirt he wears must be RED
I don't mind waitin', don't mind waitin'
Cause no matter how long it takes
All of us know
That it's getting better
Growing stronger, warm and wilder
Getting better everyday,

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #439 on: January 1, 2015, 11:42:41 pm »
 :'(

I fucking love you Stevie.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?