Author Topic: Liverpool FC 2 v 2 Middlesbrough FC (Rossiter, Reach, Suso, Bamford (pen)  (Read 16929 times)

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
Capital One Cup (League Cup) Kick off 19:45

Liverpool FC v Middlesbrough FC

V

Venue: Anfield

Current Form:

Liverpool: LWLWL

Middlesbrough: WWWLW

Managers

Liverpool
: Brendan Rodgers

Middlesbrough: Aitor Karanka

Salutations and greetings to all you readers out there in the wider world. At 19:45 GMT Liverpool will kick off their first match in their League Cup campaign when they face Middlesbrough FC at Anfield. Liverpool are on the back of some particularly disappointing results but Rodgers has stated they are focused and ready for this match. The intention is clear, now that we have had a return to the Champions League, Liverpool is looking to add to their trophy cabinet this season. And what better way to stake a claim to this goal and regain momentum and confidence in our play than with a strong effort against 'Boro' for this tie. Middlesbrough are led by former Real Madrid defender, Aitor Karanka. Karanka like Rodgers also had a management spell under Jose Mourinho and in 2013 he was appointed as manager of Middlesbrough FC. Both sides will be without players for various reasons. Liverpool will be missing Sturridge, Flanno, Johnson, and Can. Allen may be well enough for this match, but regardless expect Rodgers to name a strong and attacking side, as he has dubbed this a "Massive game."  Middlesbrough will be missing Dean Whitehead after his red card in their 4-0 drubbing of Brentford at the weekend, however Centerback Daniel Ayala is clear to return after his suspension. Karanka will be looking to recreate the result from the last time these two sides met in February of 2009, where 'Boro' ran out 2-0 winners. However, Anfield should be buzzing as they attempt to keep their winning streak at Anfield against this opposition, a record that stretches back to 1976.

Will Rodgers start Gerrard and Mario or will they be rested for Lambert and Allen. Could Markovic and Couthino start in place of Sterling and Lallana? Who is to say, but it is clear that Liverpool are making use of their new found squad depth. League Cup or not, this is a football match, at Anfield, and Liverpool Football Club likes winning, especially at home.

Manager Quotes:
Rodgers: "We need to refocus now and look to get back to winning again."

Karanka: "We have won three in a row now, we have another on Tuesday and we have to keep looking at the following game."

Match Officials: Referee: Mike Jones, Linesmen: Michael McDonough and Richard West
Fourth Official David Webb

Lineups: Forthcoming

Liverpool FC:22 Mignolet
04 K Touré
03 Jose Enrique
17 Sakho
19 Manquillo
46 Rossiter
20 Lallana
21 Lucas
09 Lambert
50 Markovic
31 Sterling
Substitutes
01 Jones
18 Moreno
29 Borini
30 Fernández Saez
37 Skrtel
45 Balotelli
49 Williams

Middlesbrough FC: 46 Blackman
22 Omeruo
03 Friend
04 Ayala
05 Fredericks
07 Leadbitter
27 Adomah
08 Clayton
20 Reach
10 Tomlin
09 Garcia Martinez
Substitutes
06 Gibson
13 Konstantopoulos
17 Husband
21 Vossen
23 Bamford
24 Nsue Lopez
33 Wildschut

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:17:34 pm by JerseyKopite »
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool FC v Middlesbrough FC
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 07:23:59 pm »
As expected Rodgers names a strong side. Lambert is handed his first start for Liverpool and he has the captains armband to boot! There is also a breath of fresh air as young Rossiter joins the likes of Sterling and Markovic in the line up.

I for one am excited and looking forward to kick off.

Who will impress tonight?

And will they impress enough for them to make the starting XI at the weekend against the Bitters?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 07:38:35 pm »
Jordan Williams on the bench too - would love to see him and Suso get some minutes.

Best of luck to Rossiter and Lambert, a huge game for both of them.

Let's play COUNTDOWN! football!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 07:48:16 pm »
Bright start from Boro, pressing already.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 07:49:22 pm »
3 - Boro have already fed a free kick into our box and another crosses is headed behind by one of their forwards.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 07:50:02 pm »
Rossiter telling Lucas where to be on the field :D
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 07:50:32 pm »
4 - Rossiter already giving Lucas instructions ;D

Liverpool work it down the right but Markovic's cross can't find Lallana.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 07:51:26 pm »
Sterling is such a pleasure to watch, dribbling and nutmeging players.

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 07:52:29 pm »
7' Building from the back and a through for Enrique is intercepted for our corner.

Lallana takes it but ref awards them a FK.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 07:52:31 pm »
Sakho looking for the long, probing passes in the early stages. Positive stuff, our backline pushing up.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 07:52:41 pm »
Leyton Orient 0-1 Sheff Utd
                          Higdon (2)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:02:17 pm by JerseyKopite »
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 07:54:19 pm »
9' Boro does well from a through ball but Sakho intercepts for a corner. The corner is headed on target by Ayala but Mig catches.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 07:54:41 pm »
MK Dons 1-0 Bradford
Afobe (5)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:02:23 pm by JerseyKopite »

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 07:55:11 pm »
RAWK's verdict on the Sterling challenge:

Who is the moron commentating? "RB steps across Sterling, absolutely no foul in that..." the very definition of obstruction. Clown.

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 07:55:23 pm »
10' Goooalllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!! and its by Rossittterrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good build up, we had two blocked efforts, GK was way off the line and Rossitter keeps a calm head to slot it from outside the box. Almost like a cricketing shot dissecting their GK and CB
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 07:59:10 pm by Niru Red4ever »

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 07:56:17 pm »
OH MY!!!!

Well made up for the lad!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 07:56:35 pm »
Great moment for Rossiter, horror show from Blackman. Positioning poor, didn't claim, did well to block Lambert but missed the ball as it went straight passed his foot from Rossiter's effort.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 07:59:12 pm by JerseyKopite »

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 07:57:49 pm »
Fantastic from Rossiter. He could have just blazed that, but kept it low and firm...not hard more like passed it in from 40 yards with several players in his way. My friend and I were discussing him last night and hoping he'd start. Good to see youth, and local at that, pushing through.

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 07:58:43 pm »
13' Enrique is looking strong in these early exchanges.

Boro trying to build something and wins a throw on our left side.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 07:59:12 pm »
Cardiff 0-1 Bournemouth
                 Gosling (9)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:02:31 pm by JerseyKopite »

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 08:00:31 pm »
15' Sterling picks it up in the centre, drives forward and passes to out wide to Lambert who initially does well then loses it.
Lallana looks very busy in there.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 08:01:45 pm »
Arsenal 1-0 Southampton
Sanchez (14)
-Crimson_Tank

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:04:35 pm by Crimson_Tank »

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 08:01:49 pm »
17 - Markovic fouled, quick free. Enrique works it into Lallana who gives it back but it runs away.

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 08:03:13 pm »
18 - Lambert tries to play Sterling in but misses the pass. We break and Ayala wins it from Markovic.

Offline archie

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 08:03:42 pm »
19 - Ball over the top for Sterling. Cleared for a corner

Offline archie

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2014, 08:04:26 pm »
20 - Short to Lallana put in to the box for Sakho, wide.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2014, 08:04:30 pm »
Sunderland 1-0 Stoke City
Altidore (16)

Offline archie

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2014, 08:06:12 pm »
21 - Some possession for us in their half. Boro keeping us at bay. Enrique with a good one two with Lallana, plays it to Sterling. Shot blocked.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 08:06:24 pm »
Who is this super new dribbling beater of many men LB? Good to see Enrique back in the team.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2014, 08:06:58 pm »
Arsenal 1-1 Southampton
                      Tadic (Pen 20)

Offline archie

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2014, 08:07:09 pm »
22 - Pressure from Lucas wins the ball. Ref says fk.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2014, 08:08:14 pm »
Possession looks to be about equal, and yes, just flashed across my screen. 50:50

Offline archie

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2014, 08:08:56 pm »
23 - Toure brings it forward but misplaces the pass to Markovic. Then he has the ball and hoofs it out.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2014, 08:10:12 pm »
Cardiff 0-2 Bournemouth
                 Daniels (22)

Offline archie

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2014, 08:10:27 pm »
25 - Decent turn from Lallana, shot from range well wide.

Offline archie

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2014, 08:12:13 pm »
26 - Decent long ball for Adomah well cut out and cleared.

Offline archie

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2014, 08:13:51 pm »
28 - Patient passing in the Boro half but they have plenty of bodies around. Sterling's pass rolls out.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2014, 08:14:04 pm »
Boro fans are certainly in fine voice. Havnt stopped since KO. They are a bit repetitive mind :)

Offline archie

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2014, 08:15:02 pm »
30 - Boro corner.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2014, 08:15:18 pm »
Swansea 1-0 Everton
Dyer (28)