Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge  (Read 87731 times)

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge
« Reply #760 on: September 13, 2014, 10:40:42 pm »
The vid's on page 17 here and the Rodgers thread lads, give it a watch.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: September 13, 2014, 10:41:05 pm »
The 'word' is irrelevant pal. We rested players that should have played.

We changed the system, when we should have put in players to suit the diamond.

For that, Brendan is culpable, for the lacklustre display/performance, only the eleven on the pitch can be blamed.

To be fair to Rodgers it was only Sterling who was rested.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #762 on: September 13, 2014, 10:42:23 pm »
At least we know we can count on you when (and if ) things get really tough!
But its perfectly correct. We d have sneaked top 4 at best but for suarez. He made us title challengers. Replacing all that productivity is not easy particularly when you spend on the squad rather than a proven world class replacement. We'll be fine this year, we'll finish top 4, we've bought decent talent and they will click. Anyone expecting more was clearly deluded

Offline alecs goal

• Kemlynite
« Reply #763 on: September 13, 2014, 10:43:46 pm »
Really, really lacklustre performance, just not good enough.!

THATS ALL.
are you in for the ride or just for  the glory we lost  5 1 to them in 76/77 the rest is . you know. IF YOU CANT SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE **** OFF.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: September 13, 2014, 10:44:21 pm »
Probably Ludogorets will watch the match tape and they will try to do exact same thing Villa did.
I hope we get an early lead because it seems like we are struggling when we don't.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #765 on: September 13, 2014, 10:45:06 pm »
It's so predictable. Pass it around a little bit and then whack it 50 yards from side to side, or straight out of play.

Without Sterling or Sturridge to run onto things the long ball tactic was never going to work. And when we kept it simple we were never penetrative and able to pull Villa about and were just so so easy to play against. Piss poor all round.

We just weren't cute enough today.  On the few occasions when Villa got caught forward we were too ponderous.  When Villa dropped deep (for most of the last 70 mins) we didn't have the speed, intensity or intelligence to cause them problems.

Not a good show.  Lets move on and make sure we get 3 points against the Bulgarians

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #766 on: September 13, 2014, 10:45:13 pm »
All he said was that we haven't got the resources of some clubs so its important that our top players (Sturridge) stay fit.  If anything it was another dig at the lad getting injured whilst with England.

That's it. A perfectly legitimate comment.  We should still of played better regardless.

"We're competing on budgets of a third of some of the other teams that's up there. I really need my best players available."

How is the highlighted bit perfectly legitimate? It's just utter tosh.  :o

Anyway. You'll pick yourselves up.

I'm fully anticipating a good thrashing in a couple of weeks.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:46:47 pm by TomDixie »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #767 on: September 13, 2014, 10:46:19 pm »
"We're competing on budgets of a third of some of the other teams that's up there. I really need my best players available."

Cause it's true? Still the team we put out today should be enough to beat Villa.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #768 on: September 13, 2014, 10:47:46 pm »
Cause it's true? Still the team we put out today should be enough to beat Villa.

Let's see some referenced figures then. 

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: September 13, 2014, 10:47:54 pm »

Anyway. You'll pick yourselves up.

I'm fully anticipating a good thrashing in a couple of weeks.

Signs of early pressure
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: September 13, 2014, 10:48:00 pm »

So you're completely ignoring the context ?  He was reiterating his frustration with England, as is massively hinted in that quote.  Only people who wanted to see a problem and Everton fans would see it as any different.

What if I bolded the last sentence ?

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: September 13, 2014, 10:48:06 pm »
To be fair to Rodgers it was only Sterling who was rested.

But the system was altered ?

Keep the system, play players that fit it.

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: September 13, 2014, 10:48:10 pm »

He probably regretted saying it immediately after.He knows it was a lame excuse, he was just frustrated.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #773 on: September 13, 2014, 10:48:58 pm »
He probably regretted saying it immediately after.He knows it was a lame excuse, he was just frustrated.
Agreed

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #774 on: September 13, 2014, 10:49:30 pm »

Aye.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #775 on: September 13, 2014, 10:49:38 pm »
Very flat today, once you give a team like that a soft early goal, they were always going to sit deep. The front three looked like strangers, was a gamble playing all three that didn't come off. If they hadn't scored early maybe we would have grown into the game, but lallana, Markovic and. Balotelli all seemed to be moving into the same space, no real under standing yet. Was a bit disappointed that Brendan didn't change it at half time. To be fair the ball didn't really drop for us today at there were a couple of deflections that on another day would have led to goals. But we just didn't create enough chances.

The only thing worse than our performance was that of Lee Mason, I hate him as a ref. villa did everything they could to wind balotelli up and Mason let it happen. Mind you was he the ref that let Suarez get stamped on I think.

Anyway move on. Early days for these players, hope Rodgers has learned from this too.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #776 on: September 13, 2014, 10:51:01 pm »
Let's see some referenced figures then. 

Not in the mood. You want to go get some figures go for it.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #777 on: September 13, 2014, 10:52:49 pm »
So you're completely ignoring the context ?  He was reiterating his frustration with England, as is massively hinted in that quote.  Only people who wanted to see a problem and Everton fans would see it as any different.

What if I bolded the last sentence ?

The context is that he's the manager of one of the biggest clubs in the country. No Liverpool manager should play the spending card.

You'll bounce back, but hopefully he doesn't say anything similar during the season if Liverpool don't hit the same heights.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: September 13, 2014, 10:54:06 pm »
Probably Ludogorets will watch the match tape and they will try to do exact same thing Villa did.
I hope we get an early lead because it seems like we are struggling when we don't.

I hope they do, in fact I hope all teams do exactly that.

Because if it's not their usual game plan they'll get smashed.

People don't understand, it wasn't some half baked 3 day plan that Lambert put together, they always play that way.

Like we did under Rafa, but with worse players. I can't understand the hysteria at all, every manager has a way he thinks his team will win the most games, with the resources he has available, Lambert/Mourinho/Rafa etc etc etc chose a sit back hit and run. With or without Suarez/Rafa/Owen/Rush/Dalglish, we struggle to break them down. Just like Norwich/Spurs/Utd struggle to keep us out.

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: September 13, 2014, 10:55:28 pm »
The context is that he's the manager of one of the biggest clubs in the country. No Liverpool manager should play the spending card.

You'll bounce back, but hopefully he doesn't say anything similar during the season if Liverpool don't hit the same heights.

And what would it have to do with you ?  If you bolded the last sentence, It'd look completely different, you probably know that.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #781 on: September 13, 2014, 10:57:02 pm »
Uninspired, insipid, flat, joyless, incoherent..... i could go on.

Move on, next game please. Only way is up.
Phuk yoo

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #782 on: September 13, 2014, 10:57:50 pm »

I hope they do as well. They'll get hammered. Aston Villa would walk the Bulgarian league with the squad they had out there today. I'm not being disrespectful either, I'm Bulgarian myself.

Ludogorets has nowhere near the quality to come and execute a game plan like that.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: September 13, 2014, 10:58:19 pm »

Benitez and Hodgson.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #784 on: September 13, 2014, 11:00:18 pm »
Did Senderos kick Balotelli? Anyone seen a replay?

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: September 13, 2014, 11:01:09 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/may/01/premier-league-club-accounts-debt-wages

So we are competing with, and finishing above, our competitors who spend much more on wages (by at least £20m) ?  Are you reiterating Rodgers point or posting vastly out of date figures, perhaps both ?

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: September 13, 2014, 11:02:34 pm »

Yeah.

Should have gone.

It wasn't as bad as Mario's reation suggested it was, but it was a definite kick out nowhere near the ball/play.

No big deal, it didn't impinge on our attack/play. But a nailed on red for a ref/lino that might have seen it.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: September 13, 2014, 11:02:41 pm »

He did, it was clear as day.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #788 on: September 13, 2014, 11:03:06 pm »
So we are competing with, and finishing above, our competitors who spend much more on wages (by at least £20m) ?  Are you reiterating Rodgers point or posting vastly out of date figures, perhaps both ?

They're figures from last year.

And Liverpool aren't competing with a third of the budget of other teams, as the figures show.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #789 on: September 13, 2014, 11:03:34 pm »

Aye, could easily have been a red.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #790 on: September 13, 2014, 11:04:36 pm »
Yeah.

Should have gone.

It wasn't as bad as Mario's reation suggested it was, but it was a definite kick out nowhere near the ball/play.

No big deal, it didn't impinge on our attack/play. But a nailed on red for a ref/lino that might have seen it.

Cheers, just saw him go down and wondered what happened. Wonder if MOTD will make anything of it ?!

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #791 on: September 13, 2014, 11:05:30 pm »
Rodgers: "We're competing on budgets of, you know, a third than some of the other teams that's up there."

Strange comment if true - just getting back and reading the thread now
We've padded out the squad and have several quality youngsters who will improve over the coming seasons, but Rodgers bought who he wanted, we spent decent money, we cannot complain about that.
Formation  was THE deciding factor today, followed by personnel - personnel that Rodgers selected and brought to the club.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #792 on: September 13, 2014, 11:06:31 pm »

if you saw the game you's have seen the reply about 5 times. he clearly intentionally clipped mario's foot to trip him. this was off the ball and referee didn't see him. rodgers didn't as well as he stated so in post match. not sure if linesman or 4th official did, and if they did, if they spoke to referee.maybe the fa should show how fare they are now!!!!
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: September 13, 2014, 11:06:51 pm »
Mason was fucking awful all game, no surprise he didn't see the kick out on Balotelli or the red for Hutton for that awful tackle.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: September 13, 2014, 11:08:12 pm »
Strange comment if true - just getting back and reading the thread now
We've padded out the squad and have several quality youngsters who will improve over the coming seasons, but Rodgers bought who he wanted, we spent decent money, we cannot complain about that.
Formation  was THE deciding factor today, followed by personnel - personnel that Rodgers selected and brought to the club.

The bolded part is what we assume to be fact.

The second is our own judgement.

I believe your second statement to be truer than your first.
 :)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: September 13, 2014, 11:08:46 pm »
Mason was fucking awful all game, no surprise he didn't see the kick out on Balotelli or the red for Hutton for that awful tackle.

We still would of lost.

We were poor today.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #796 on: September 13, 2014, 11:09:03 pm »
Are people still going on about Rodgers budget comment?

I think some need to go and hear it themselves instead of reading something that's been taken out of context.

What Rodgers was actually saying was that because Liverpool have a smaller budget than the likes of Chelsea,Man City and even Arsenal and Man Utd he could have done without losing Sturridge to an injury that could have been prevented,he wasn't complaining about his Summer Budget/transfer dealings.

Fuck sake,some just need any excuse to slate somebody.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: September 13, 2014, 11:09:39 pm »

Which one ?

He made three that I remember.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: September 13, 2014, 11:10:35 pm »
We still would of lost.

We were poor today.

Probably. It just annoyed me that Villa time wasted for so long and yet we only get 4 minutes added at the end, despite 6 subs being made and Villa timewasting at every stoppage. We probably wouldn't have scored anyway, but it's the same every game when the opposition timewaste at Anfield, never gets added on.

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: September 13, 2014, 11:11:11 pm »
Like others have mentioned: it was a flat performance from the team. We had an awful lot of the ball, we completed numerous passes but we never really looked like unlocking the Villa defence. Everything was too slow. We needed quicker, intricate passing and better movement off the ball to really unlock them. They were organised, compact and although they pressured us quite well from time to time, they didn't seem to mind us having lots of possession. We had it in areas where we couldn't really hurt them. From what I can recall, we had one or two half decent chances. They also caused us a lot of problems from set pieces. They played their usual game really and for one reason or another they've had some joy at Anfield in recent times.

The way I see this game is the same in the way I viewed the defeat at home against Southampton last season. It was a bad performance, result and something that we need to learn from as the season progresses but something that we also need to move on from quickly. You will get these games every season: the hope is obviously that it doesn't happen but if it only happens once or twice then it isn't terrible over the course of a 38 game season in the league.