Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2623385 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Spurs
« Reply #1560 on: January 5, 2016, 05:58:54 pm »
Anyone know how the projections in revenue compare with our expansion & their new stadium?

I imagine revenue will be higher due to London market, plus has some other uses, but then again the cost is going to be huge compared to ours.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1561 on: January 5, 2016, 06:22:21 pm »
I'd hope our sponsorships will continue to dwarf theirs for quite some time also.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1562 on: January 5, 2016, 06:29:28 pm »
I'd hope our sponsorships will continue to dwarf theirs for quite some time also.

You'd of thought they definitely will. Plus our stadium income kicks in this summer, theirs is a fair bit away yet.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1563 on: January 5, 2016, 06:37:39 pm »
How long before they get some decent offers for their players though, and money man Levy with that big expensive new stadium to pay for decides to sell?

The only thing I see going for them, is I think they're better as a team, not just relying on individuals like Leicester or Southampton. If they found another goalscoring forward, I think they could survive losing any other outfield player
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1564 on: January 5, 2016, 06:41:34 pm »
The only thing I see going for them, is I think they're better as a team, not just relying on individuals like Leicester or Southampton. If they found another goalscoring forward, I think they could survive losing any other outfield player

I'd be surprised if it stopped at 1 though. It's sort of like rats from a sinking ship once one top player goes (as we've seen numerous times ourselves). It gives others that little bit of extra motivation to push for a move.

Then again, if they can push on and win things under a decent manager before that happens then maybe it won't come to that for the time being.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1565 on: January 5, 2016, 06:51:46 pm »
True, pretty sure the Mancs will test the resolve with a silly money approach for Kane in the next couple of weeks.
they won't sell to the mancs, abroad is a different matter tho

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1566 on: January 5, 2016, 06:58:18 pm »
Its not Man Utd they need to worry about, they have become Real Madrids feeder club and I think Real will come calling again, but not for any of their players. If and when Zidane fails I can see the Poch's Dream coming true.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1567 on: January 5, 2016, 07:12:32 pm »
Why does anyone care about how many times they've finished above us in recent years? The only important thing is how many times its actually mattered i.e. qualifying for the Champions League. That's without considering that we spent 2 or 3 years recovering from the brink of administration.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1568 on: January 5, 2016, 07:20:30 pm »
I imagine revenue will be higher due to London market, plus has some other uses, but then again the cost is going to be huge compared to ours.

:thumbup

Why does anyone care about how many times they've finished above us in recent years? The only important thing is how many times its actually mattered i.e. qualifying for the Champions League. That's without considering that we spent 2 or 3 years recovering from the brink of administration.

I guess because they are the only team that consistently finish above us that resources & wage wise should not.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1569 on: January 17, 2016, 04:32:31 pm »
So, based on Mersons comments...

Kane, Vetongen, Lloris, Alli, Eriksen at the minimum would all walk into our side. They'll have to be bitterly dissapointed if they don't finish above us and United this season . We are both painfully average

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: January 17, 2016, 04:47:42 pm »

Kane, Vetongen, Lloris, Alli, Eriksen at the minimum would all walk into our side. They'll have to be bitterly dissapointed if they don't finish above us and United this season . We are both painfully average

It's hard to disagree with that, at least on current form.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1571 on: January 17, 2016, 04:55:00 pm »

I'd probably agree. Kane is better than all our strikers bar a fit Sturridge. Lloris is much better than Mignolet. Eriksen is probably better than all our attacking mids, only Coutinho rivals him in our squad. Vertonghen maybe. Alderweireld is better than him but have sakho over Vertonghen. Alli I'd probably take over Can if I had to. I think Henderson should be in there though.

Can't see spurs not finishing top 4. Getting Pochetino is the best decision they've made in years. Hopefully Leicester beat Utd to 4th
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1572 on: January 20, 2016, 07:14:17 pm »
So according to Talkshite these idiots are still paying Adebayor £100,000 a week until July despite him being a free agent ...... wow  :o

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1573 on: January 21, 2016, 11:30:39 am »
Well since they did a release on a free thing, it makes sense.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #1574 on: January 21, 2016, 03:42:08 pm »
So according to Talkshite these idiots are still paying Adebayor £100,000 a week until July despite him being a free agent ...... wow  :o

normally this would be paid off in a lump sum when he was given the hook.  Think Levy kept paying weekly so
1) if another club comes in they make up the difference
2) stops Ade getting another pay day

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1575 on: January 21, 2016, 05:47:00 pm »
normally this would be paid off in a lump sum when he was given the hook.  Think Levy kept paying weekly so
1) if another club comes in they make up the difference
2) stops Ade getting another pay day

It pleased me anyway. I really dont like Spurs and its good to see were not the only ones rubbish with money

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1576 on: January 21, 2016, 06:00:12 pm »
Seems they may have pushed Newcastle too far for Townsend as well. Turned down £10.5m for him, wanted £14m, which is frankly taking the piss considering that he's shit and they never play him. Plus he has 18 months left on his contract iirc.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1577 on: January 21, 2016, 06:06:30 pm »

I'd be deeply worried if I was a Spurs fan now that Merson has come out and said this.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1578 on: January 21, 2016, 06:59:52 pm »
I'd be deeply worried if I was a Spurs fan now that Merson has come out and said this.

To be fair they would, apart from Eriksen.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1579 on: January 21, 2016, 07:44:30 pm »
To be fair they would, apart from Eriksen.
He's currently better than Alli though
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1580 on: January 23, 2016, 09:49:02 pm »
I think they can win the title.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1581 on: January 24, 2016, 12:30:37 pm »
Its not Man Utd they need to worry about, they have become Real Madrids feeder club and I think Real will come calling again, but not for any of their players. If and when Zidane fails I can see the Poch's Dream coming true.
That's a good call, on Poch.
And if Utd do go in for Kane, I think Levy might just slap an extra 20 million as payback for Utd's behaviour over Berbatov, and then when Utd decided, ah, yeah, we'll pay, Levy would tell them he's not for sale.
They are far better organised, on and off the field, than Utd at the moment. Hopefully, them being Spurs, they will eventually screw it all up, but for now they are definitely in the top 4,  and more likely to be further ahead of us and Utd by the end of the season than closer.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1582 on: January 24, 2016, 12:32:24 pm »
Spurs have rebuilt with different players.

If Kane stays fit then they can win the title. If people are touting Leicester then they have a chance too.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1583 on: January 24, 2016, 12:59:24 pm »
Which Liverpool player would get in their team? I can seriously only think of two:- Clyne and Henderson. (not including Sturridge).

It's time they are taken seriously as a title challenging team really. They have an excellent GK, a solid back 5, a dynamic midfield and Kane up front. For me their only weakness is the full backs and lack of depth in attack. But that's it. Even in their weakness i.e. full backs our aren't leaps and bounds ahead of them.

They've been the better side every season since 2010 bar our title challenge one.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1584 on: January 24, 2016, 01:49:44 pm »
Spurs have rebuilt with different players.

The best thing they did this summer was rebuild their defence by signing Alderweireld, as well as Trippier and Wimmer. Last season they had the 14th best defence in the league. Relegated Hull conceded fewer goals.  This season they have the best defence in the league. You cannot get anywhere without a good defence.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #1585 on: January 24, 2016, 01:52:50 pm »
If Kane stays fit then they can win the title. If people are touting Leicester then they have a chance too.

Having a goalscorer that just doesn't get injured is so, so important these days, in that sense Kane is as important to Spurs as Suarez was to us.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1586 on: January 24, 2016, 01:58:48 pm »
Having a goalscorer that just doesn't get injured is so, so important these days, in that sense Kane is as important to Spurs as Suarez was to us.

Exactly. Swap Kane and Sturridge's availability around and we'd be sitting 6 points above where they are now, with them probably where we currently are.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1587 on: January 24, 2016, 02:04:56 pm »

He's been vital.  Even earlier in the season when not as prolific. 

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #1588 on: January 24, 2016, 02:12:22 pm »
He's been vital.  Even earlier in the season when not as prolific. 

It also makes other players perform better, as they're playing with a lot more confidence. For example, as good as Deli Alli is, I doubt he'd have had the season he's having had Kane missed chunks of it through injury.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1589 on: January 24, 2016, 02:32:56 pm »
New stadium in a couple years as well. Things are looking up
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1590 on: January 24, 2016, 02:39:32 pm »
In Ali and Kane they could potentially have 2 of the best players in the league over the next 5 years. If they can keep hold of them.

I see Ali going off to Arsenal though and Kane ending up at United. United especially will throw silly money at Kane.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #1591 on: January 24, 2016, 02:47:48 pm »
In Ali and Kane they could potentially have 2 of the best players in the league over the next 5 years. If they can keep hold of them.

I see Ali going off to Arsenal though and Kane ending up at United. United especially will throw silly money at Kane.

The only way Arsenal could get Alli would be for him to run down his contract, there's no way they'd sell to them and Arsenal would be unwilling to pay the required transfer fee anyway.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1592 on: January 25, 2016, 07:47:39 am »

I can't see any situation where Spurs sells us one of their first team players.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1593 on: January 25, 2016, 07:51:54 am »

They would.

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1594 on: January 25, 2016, 06:14:05 pm »
The thing about Spurs this year is they have had incredible stability. For the most part, their best XI have played together regularly.  Poch hasnt had to make a ton of lineup changes due to player availability. 

On the other hand, we have changed managers, had the most injuries of any team in the league and for the third season in a row have tried to bed in a number of  new players. 

If we could go three months with our best XI playing together regularly I think we would easily move back into the top 4.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1595 on: January 25, 2016, 06:39:24 pm »
Spurs will win what they always win .... F**K ALL.

They only have one striker, if he gets injured - probabably under uncle Roys watch on England duty - they are stumped.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1596 on: January 25, 2016, 07:11:42 pm »
Random stat:

Leicester City have spent more days on top of the Premier League this season than Spurs have since the Premier League began.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1597 on: January 26, 2016, 09:55:41 am »
Vertogen done his medial ligaments

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1598 on: January 26, 2016, 10:02:41 am »

And it begins.

They will 4th, no higher.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1599 on: January 26, 2016, 10:03:30 am »

Considering the injuries Arsenal City and Liverpool have had this season, they've been very lucky at Spurs.