Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3915329 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Louis Van Gaal is still the Manager of Lonnnnng Ballsh United
« Reply #19600 on: February 16, 2015, 10:04:14 pm »
What a team. The football they're playing is something else. Movement, pace, slick passing.  All done with good grace and no need for cheating.  Class side.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #19601 on: February 16, 2015, 10:05:54 pm »
They are third. They will get fourth somehow.

Us and Arsenal are in much better shape than them and Southampton are still hanging around. Spurs will have a say too. If they continue to churn out dog shite performances they will finish 6th.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #19602 on: February 16, 2015, 10:07:49 pm »
Us and Arsenal are in much better shape than them and Southampton are still hanging around. Spurs will have a say too. If they continue to churn out dog shite performances they will finish 6th.

I hope so. I really do but one defeat in 19 is almost joke considering they are as bad as last year.

He's Moyes with luck.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19603 on: February 16, 2015, 10:34:26 pm »
1 defeat in 19. Fuck me.
You would think someone would point out by now that 4 if those games were against Yeovil, Cambridge (x2) and PNE !!!!!

Not quite so impressive now is it?

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19604 on: February 16, 2015, 10:35:29 pm »
Inspired sub again bringing on Young, predicting he'd make a vital goal line clearance, just how does Louis do it? The man's a genius.
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19605 on: February 16, 2015, 10:37:38 pm »
Worrying that they've been dreadful all season and sit in third.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19606 on: February 16, 2015, 10:39:10 pm »
Inspired sub again bringing on Young, predicting he'd make a vital goal line clearance, just how does Louis do it? The man's a genius.

Reel em in...  ;)

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #19607 on: February 16, 2015, 10:39:55 pm »
Aye, he was very brave constructing the long ball fellani tactics against the League one outfit, mate.

He has no technical peers.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #19608 on: February 16, 2015, 10:40:14 pm »

:D

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #19609 on: February 16, 2015, 10:40:22 pm »
Watched half the match tonight - so disappointed at the lack of quality from Van Gaal's selected side that I could not be arsed to watch the 2nd half - even worse I didn't give a shit if they won, lost or drew.

If VG doesn't get his arse in gear and sort out this embarrassing shambolic mediocrity in red, Arsenal with their pace and flair will come and dismember United at OT in the 6th round.
Blind was a joke - I could be tempted to say some of his passes were scarily reminiscent of a Blind man. In fact I have been tempted and I've said it. He was terrible as was Di Maria and also in all honesty as was Herrera.

I watched the disorganised chaos that was supposedly my Premier League side - currently lying 3rd in the table remember! - allegedly "defending" long hoisted free kicks with something approaching sheer disbelief. It was as though it was the panic of WW1 trenches! Bodies were rolling about all over the place because they were so poorly positioned to defend a basic set piece! It was at times reminiscent of many a Sunday morning pub game after a skinful the night before. Shocking really shocking.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 10:42:25 pm by JohnnoWhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19610 on: February 16, 2015, 10:41:11 pm »
Balance is all wrong but they are grinding out results. We dodged one on Falcao, as a few thought would be the case at the time.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19611 on: February 16, 2015, 10:41:50 pm »
Worrying that they've been dreadful all season and sit in third.
Lack of European football....

It's let them concentrate on the league....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19612 on: February 16, 2015, 10:44:16 pm »

Bleedin'hell - if that's us concentrating I dread to think what shite we'll dish up if we DO win a European spot!!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19613 on: February 16, 2015, 10:44:28 pm »
Watched half the match tonight - so disappointed at the lack of quality from Van Gaal's selected side that I could not be arsed to watch the 2nd half - even worse I didn't give a shit if they won, lost or drew.

If VG doesn't get his arse in gear and sort out this embarrassing shambolic mediocrity in red, Arsenal with their pace and flair will come and dismember United at OT in the 6th round.
Blind was a joke - I could be tempted to say some of his passes were scarily reminiscent of a Blind man. In fact I have been tempted and I've said it. He was terrible as was Di Maria and also in all honesty as was Herrera.

I watched the disorganised chaos that was supposedly my Premier League side - currently lying 3rd in the table remember! - defending long hoisted free kicks with something approaching sheer disbelief. It was as though it was WW1 trench warfare. Bodies were rolling about all over the place they were so poorly positioned! It was at times reminiscent of many a Sunday morning pub game after a skinful the night before. Shocking really shocking.
It is strange to see Jonno. It`s getting results at the moment, but it`s terrible to watch. Considering Van Gaals experience and the players he has at his disposal, it`s baffling to see some very good/expensive players looking clueless and constantly pumping the ball forward towards elbows.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19614 on: February 16, 2015, 10:44:46 pm »
Manchester United's Form:

WWWWWWDWDDLWWDWW

Doing something right ... fuck knows what like.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19615 on: February 16, 2015, 10:44:51 pm »

They've got European football: they're playing Swansea on Saturday.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #19616 on: February 16, 2015, 10:46:04 pm »
Even if they do get top 4 it won't be the start of a dynasty. They need a lot of new players to be able to compete on a regular basis and although none of us would like to see them back in the champions league, the time of a nailed on top 4 (us, arsenal, them and Chelsea) (chelsea, arsenal, them and city) has gone. There are now six teams in the mix and despite current position, their squad has more work needed than all the others bar possibly Spurs.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19617 on: February 16, 2015, 10:46:09 pm »
Thought Herrera was decent myself Jonno, agree on Blind And Di Maria though.

Don't worry, you'll have that advantage next season. :)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19618 on: February 16, 2015, 10:49:05 pm »
Totally agree. I am speechless. Even at his worst, Moyes didn't have them poncing around like this. Sure they were shite but they seemed at least to be trying. This lot look totally clueless. No wonder RVP has picked up an injury if this is the kind of service he 's been getting from Blind, Di Maria et al.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19619 on: February 16, 2015, 10:49:39 pm »
It is strange to see Jonno. It`s getting results at the moment, but it`s terrible to watch. Considering Van Gaals experience and the players he has at his disposal, it`s baffling to see some very good/expensive players looking clueless and constantly pumping the ball forward towards elbows.

It's not that baffling really. Van Gaal is a pragmatist and is doing what needs to be done to secure 4th. The players obviously aren't grasping his methods and he doesn't trust our defence. It's a results business and he's getting them, style can come later.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #19620 on: February 16, 2015, 10:50:14 pm »
He's Moyes with luck.

Plus Ł150m.

Can't believe how shite he has them playing.  Even Young's introduction was Giggs' idea.

Thought tonight was going to be the time they didn't get away with being shit but it seems that's still to come.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19621 on: February 16, 2015, 10:50:56 pm »
They wont finish top 4. Quote me on that

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19622 on: February 16, 2015, 10:51:19 pm »

I know it's not his fault he cost big money but for me, I expect real quality and passion combined Cantona mate. I don't see it from him - I honestly don't. 

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19623 on: February 16, 2015, 10:51:58 pm »
Manchester United's Form:

WWWWWWDWDDLWWDWW

Doing something right ... fuck knows what like.
When you take a closer look at those games and the opposition, it's not that impressive.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19624 on: February 16, 2015, 10:52:10 pm »
Johnno you lads' need to book Falcao an eye test. The lad can't see anything.  ;D

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19625 on: February 16, 2015, 10:53:19 pm »
It's not that baffling really. Van Gaal is a pragmatist and is doing what needs to be done to secure 4th. The players obviously aren't grasping his methods and he doesn't trust our defence. It's a results business and he's getting them, style can come later.

Honest to God mate I can't believe I'm hearing these words from a follower of Manchester United. Matt must be turning in his grave! Please read Matt's words in my signature below here!!

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19626 on: February 16, 2015, 10:53:22 pm »

haha! F**k off.  So .. they can't grasp his methods after 7 months (same as under Moyes BTW) but you expect them to 'grasp' style when he suddenly decides that's the way to go.  Fuck me ... are you Phil Neville?
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19627 on: February 16, 2015, 10:54:38 pm »
Honest to God mate I can't believe I'm hearing these words from a follower of Manchester United. Matt must be turning in his grave!

I think he's brought his rod out tonight hoping to catch a few for his supper...

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #19628 on: February 16, 2015, 10:54:50 pm »
I'd love to mock how they're not playing well, but they're winning. They've played like this all season and yet haven't dropped off the pace needed for a top four spot, so I'm not holding my breath that they will suddenly implode. Having no European football is an another advantage, as we found out last season. They will definitely get into the top four.

As for the FA Cup, they're obviously in with a shout there too. Arsenal are always appalling against United, especially at Old Trafford. They couldn't even manage to beat Moyes.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19629 on: February 16, 2015, 10:55:29 pm »
It's not that baffling really. Van Gaal is a pragmatist and is doing what needs to be done to secure 4th.
Is he though? They're just not playing very well, and if they continue with that kind of form they won't get near fourth.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19630 on: February 16, 2015, 10:56:15 pm »
Johnno you lads' need to book Falcao an eye test. The lad can't see anything.  ;D

Maybe he needs a test to see if he's got any bleedin' legs - didn't see him making any runs all night.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19631 on: February 16, 2015, 10:56:28 pm »
Even if they do get top 4 it won't be the start of a dynasty.........

Don't worry yourself ... that dynasty is over.  Especially if Maureen stays around for the 10+ years he talks about.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19632 on: February 16, 2015, 10:57:46 pm »
With all due respect mate, it`s Pulis type tactics. Keep it tight and go long to Fellani and has been for a while now. For a man of his experience, he has had plenty of time for the players to take a hold of his methods and put them into practice. That`s where the baffleisation comes in.

So if the players don`t understand him, he gets them to "Go long"? It`s getting results but considering the talent he has at his disposal, it`s embarrassing. The man cracked under the pressure recently and foolishy whipped out his A4 sheets to prove his players don`t play long ball (when his A4`s actually proved the long ball theory to be correct!), and then in the next couple of games it turns into the Fellani show again.

The mans becoming popcorn tastic.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #19633 on: February 16, 2015, 11:00:52 pm »
They were fucking shite again. Surprise surprise they beat Preston.

It was always going to happen, so what. They are gash and they know it. No way they will lift the trophy over us or Arsenal.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19634 on: February 16, 2015, 11:01:00 pm »
So if the players don`t understand him, he gets them to "Go long"? It`s getting results but considering the talent he has at his disposal, it`s embarrassing.

Even more baffling when you consider - apart from Soton (defeat) - they've played no-one since they beat us in December.  Yeovil, Cambridge, PNE, Burnley, QPR etc.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #19635 on: February 16, 2015, 11:03:05 pm »
If Moyes was in charge and they were playing this badly all them idiots would be complaining and the Norwich scarves would be out again. Not good enough etc.

Now they've got a tosser who gets his cock out in the dressing room everything is rosey. Even if they are floating balls up to elbows.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19636 on: February 16, 2015, 11:03:47 pm »

Even more baffling when you consider - apart from Soton (defeat) - they've played no-one since they beat us in December.  Yeovil, Cambridge, PNE, Burnley, QPR etc.
I hadn`t realised that is the calibre they`ve been playing since beating us. They really do look like they will come unstuck once they get into a run of difficult fixtures.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #19637 on: February 16, 2015, 11:06:59 pm »
As a squad of players and with their known quality the football produced is less than the sum of its parts, but saying that they still have enough to beat teams like Preston and most of the Prem....but I have to say the football is fucking ropey!!

This will go one of two ways, the results will continue to be ok, so the ends will justify the means with the promised land of good football just around the corner...or....few bad results and it will cave in on them.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #19638 on: February 16, 2015, 11:07:14 pm »

I hadn`t realised that is the calibre they`ve been playing since beating us. They really do look like they will come unstuck once they get into a run of difficult fixtures.

Just look at their fixtures for March and April.

They should have built up more buffer with the dross they have been playing. It will come back to bite them.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #19639 on: February 16, 2015, 11:07:35 pm »

We would at least challenge for the title then
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle