Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3906861 times)

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
Re: Louis Van Gaal is the current Manager of Manchester United
« Reply #4201 on: July 28, 2014, 02:10:16 pm »
United will be right there with us this year - hard to see how anyone thinks otherwise.  Last year was partly a weaker squad, but also heavily a terrible manager.  Van Gaal is a materially better manager than Moyes, so while the squad still needs a lot of strengthening, they will make up some of the gap.  I reckon it's City/Chelsea for the top 2, then United/Arsenal/us for 3rd and 4th.  Not inconcievable that someone leaps up on the back of a single player having a breathtaking year (like Suarez had last year), but I would have thought that that was how the year will shape up - United will be a lot better side this year.

Online Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #4203 on: July 28, 2014, 02:18:03 pm »
Isn't that some shite fan's account?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4205 on: July 28, 2014, 02:24:09 pm »
So is it 2006 Cannavaro or 1998 Desailly they're in for next?
1987-1994 franco baresi is next.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4207 on: July 28, 2014, 05:29:00 pm »
Hit a nerve!  ;D

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #4209 on: July 28, 2014, 06:18:15 pm »
Crazy money involving this game... Shaw earning more than Lahm..

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4210 on: July 28, 2014, 06:22:35 pm »
This has to be an unprecedented level of snubbing, not even Everton gets snubbed this much.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #4211 on: July 28, 2014, 06:25:59 pm »
Anyone know whats going to happen to Fellaini? I can imagine there might be one or two shitehouse teams interested, but surely nobody is stupid enough to bid more than £5.34 and a pack of gum for him

He would be worth a fair bit to West Ham. I could easily see them paying £15m for him. Wages would be a problem. Plus I am sure his loyalty bonus would be massive too as he is unlikely to demand a transfer to west ham.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #4212 on: July 28, 2014, 06:28:25 pm »
3m is undervaluing the kid a little check out his stats last season for a v.poor team.

He is younger than "young Ben Foster" but I don´t know anybody who is a kid at 24. He is the same age as Ander Herrera.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #4213 on: July 28, 2014, 06:34:30 pm »
Hit a nerve!  ;D

Honestly think if this amount of pressure doesn´t break him, he will be an amazing player. I´ve never seen a teenage player have so much pressure heaped on him. The fact he even replied to that shows it might be getting to him alittle bit. If it was me, I would spend a year away from the media/internet and just focus entirely on football.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4214 on: July 28, 2014, 06:41:59 pm »
Honestly think if this amount of pressure doesn´t break him, he will be an amazing player. I´ve never seen a teenage player have so much pressure heaped on him. The fact he even replied to that shows it might be getting to him alittle bit. If it was me, I would spend a year away from the media/internet and just focus entirely on football.

If it was me I'd be knee deep in Colombian magic powder and clunge, just like club legend Rio

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4215 on: July 28, 2014, 06:50:37 pm »
How much is he actually on per week? Can't find it anywhere, and on twitter it ranges for 70k-130k.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #4216 on: July 28, 2014, 07:50:34 pm »

Well not since Adnan Januzaj anyhow.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4217 on: July 28, 2014, 07:56:56 pm »
1987-1994 franco baresi is next.

Sources say Beckenbauer circa 1970.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4218 on: July 28, 2014, 08:04:24 pm »
So is it true that Van Gaal taught Sebes, Michels and Sacchi everything they knew?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4219 on: July 28, 2014, 08:11:15 pm »
Rinus Michels actually stole the Total Football concept  from a young Louis and passed it off as his own.  :wanker

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #4220 on: July 28, 2014, 08:13:35 pm »

If it was me, I would spend.

"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4221 on: July 28, 2014, 08:14:11 pm »
So is it true that Van Gaal taught Sebes, Michels and Sacchi everything they knew?

He taught Cruyff the Cryuff turn.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4222 on: July 28, 2014, 08:16:07 pm »
If it was me I'd be knee deep in Colombian magic powder and clunge, just like club legend Rio

Is the clunge Colombian too? I sense a scandal...

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #4223 on: July 28, 2014, 09:01:58 pm »
United will be right there with us this year - hard to see how anyone thinks otherwise.  Last year was partly a weaker squad, but also heavily a terrible manager.  Van Gaal is a materially better manager than Moyes, so while the squad still needs a lot of strengthening, they will make up some of the gap.  I reckon it's City/Chelsea for the top 2, then United/Arsenal/us for 3rd and 4th.  Not inconcievable that someone leaps up on the back of a single player having a breathtaking year (like Suarez had last year), but I would have thought that that was how the year will shape up - United will be a lot better side this year.
We shall see.

It doesn't really matter how they do in relation to us, we aren't their benchmark, their benchmark is themselves, they have to live up to the standards they previously set, that Ferguson set. I doubt they will manage it.

Yes, Moyes was a big factor in what happened to them last year, but the biggest was losing Ferguson. Whether they will admit it or not he had a massive amount of influence on officials, they would get the rub of the green more often than not, they also benefited from the fear factor he exerted. Other lesser clubs and managers went into games against him with the mindset of surviving, of not getting beaten too bad. All of that is gone now. Teams will go looking to get something off them, a small change, but massive over the course of a season.

To say Moyes was the problem and he is gone so they will be fine now is to assume football is a simple equation, when its in fact incredibly complex. No one thing wins a title, no one player, no one manager, its about a million different moving parts, if one isn't working properly it can wreck the entire process.
Getting rid of Moyes was the right thing to do, but they should of gotten rid when it became very clear, very early on, that it wasn't going to work. I suspect they intended to, that they looked around and for various reasons didnt, like there wasn't anyone decent available, the way it would of appeared PR wise etc. I reckon they took a reasonable gamble on letting him see out the rest of the season, that the end result wouldn't be too bad. He would at least get them into the top four, he'd done it once with Everton and he come close a few times and with a much lesser squad of players. That he didn't do it has fucked them up in loads of hilarious ways, but it was always going to happen some way, when Ferguson left, they were going to plummet without him.

So, given its so complex, we shall see how they do.

"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #4224 on: July 28, 2014, 09:10:17 pm »
It's going to be interesting to see who he does bring before the season starts without the lure of champions league .....the media are ignoring this fact and link them everyone , Vidal dismissed the possibility of going there in quotes but it seems to have been continually ignored ....di Maria has also dismissed the chance of going there in recent weeks but according to british media today he has issued a " come and get me " plea ......the twat in me would like to think they may struggle but we all know money talks and players go anywhere for an extra £ ....these rumours have been going on for months about world class players all desperate to sign for them despite last years failings....it would be interesting to know if our resident United fans are keeping the faith or beginning to get a bit sceptical

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4225 on: July 28, 2014, 09:18:52 pm »
Colombian Magic Powder ? What's he going to do ,perform a trick ?

It's Colombian Marching Powder mate ;D

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4226 on: July 28, 2014, 11:32:27 pm »
"I don't think I will fall out with him. He is my friend," Van Gaal said of Mourinho.

"For me (mind games) are not so interesting. I have to manage my club.

"That is already difficult enough. I am not concerned with other clubs or other managers."

Nice to see Van Gaal following in Fergie's footsteps and having a healthy respect for fellow managers and not getting involved in petty spats.
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4227 on: July 28, 2014, 11:36:06 pm »
to see Van Gaal following in Fergie's footsteps and having a healthy respect for fellow managers and not getting involved in petty spats.

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #4228 on: July 29, 2014, 03:13:16 am »
think the 3-5-2 is a big risk. Playing all your good players at once means any injury exposes your weak squad.
Many teams have also tried and failed with this formation in the Premier League. Such as us.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4229 on: July 29, 2014, 03:27:24 am »
think the 3-5-2 is a big risk. Playing all your good players at once means any injury exposes your weak squad.
Many teams have also tried and failed with this formation in the Premier League. Such as us.

This is crazy logic. Why would you not want all your good player on the pitch together?

Should we have had Sturridge on the bench. If Suarez or Sturridge were injured our weak squad would have been exposed.
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #4230 on: July 29, 2014, 03:43:04 am »

This is crazy logic. Why would you not want all your good player on the pitch together?

Should we have had Sturridge on the bench. If Suarez or Sturridge were injured our weak squad would have been exposed.
Sorry I'm not saying that playing all your good players at once is a bad idea. I'm saying it poses the risk for them where an injury, especially in defense, will force the involvement of a squad player or a formation change.  With a back four he would have more options without changing the formation.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #4231 on: July 29, 2014, 04:00:53 am »
Sorry I'm not saying that playing all your good players at once is a bad idea. I'm saying it poses the risk for them where an injury, especially in defense, will force the involvement of a squad player or a formation change.  With a back four he would have more options without changing the formation.
They've got a similar problem to the one we had in trying to fit SAS into the same team, except they have Rooney, van Persie, and Mata. Van Gaal explained in an interview yesterday that he would prefer 433 but that with the players at his disposal he needs to play 343 instead. One of his main reasons was a clear lack of really good wingers and wide attacking players, which is probably a hint about what he thinks of Zaha, Nani, and Ashley Young btw. It's a sensible solution really, and only time will tell if it works.

Whether they stick with it or not, they definitely need a dominant defensive/ball-playing midfielder or alternatively a skillful playmaking centre-back. I posted in a little more detail about this a few pages back actually.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4232 on: July 29, 2014, 04:04:09 am »
Rinus Michels actually stole the Total Football concept  from a young Louis and passed it off as his own.  :wanker

:D

his football in WC was Total Shite Football
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #4233 on: July 29, 2014, 04:10:53 am »
They've got a similar problem to the one we had in trying to fit SAS into the same team, except they have Rooney, van Persie, and Mata. Van Gaal explained in an interview yesterday that he would prefer 433 but that with the players at his disposal he needs to play 343 instead. One of his main reasons was a clear lack of really good wingers and wide attacking players, which is probably a hint about what he thinks of Zaha, Nani, and Ashley Young btw. It's a sensible solution really, and only time will tell if it works.

Whether they stick with it or not, they definitely need a dominant defensive/ball-playing midfielder or alternatively a skillful playmaking centre-back. I posted in a little more detail about this a few pages back actually.
I agree/know. However I do think that changing formations midway through the year due to injury or suspension doesnt  help gel a team. Furthermore Van Persie and Ronney lack pace, and in a 7 way top 4 battle, getting shat on for pace by all of the rest is difficult. That being said playing 3 at the back means they don't need a pure defensive midfielder dropping back inbetweeen the CBs and since thats a very difficult role to acquire or train it makes sense. However given that lack of DM an injury and forced formation change becomes an even bigger problem.

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4234 on: July 29, 2014, 05:05:40 am »
He taught Cruyff the Cryuff turn.

;D

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4235 on: July 29, 2014, 05:18:27 am »
I agree/know. However I do think that changing formations midway through the year due to injury or suspension doesnt  help gel a team. Furthermore Van Persie and Ronney lack pace, and in a 7 way top 4 battle, getting shat on for pace by all of the rest is difficult. That being said playing 3 at the back means they don't need a pure defensive midfielder dropping back inbetweeen the CBs and since thats a very difficult role to acquire or train it makes sense. However given that lack of DM an injury and forced formation change becomes an even bigger problem.

I don't see another good solution. 3-4-3 is perfect because it keeps Rooney, Van Persie and Mata in their best positions and Van Gaal can concentrate on reinforcing his defense and midfield. If he could find two 30m wingers he'd probably reconsider but it's going to be pretty hard to find that sort of quality in the next four weeks.  I think he's smart enough to realize he needs tighten up his defense and midfield.

They signed Shaw and Hererra and I'd suggest will probably get Daly Blind along with Vermalean. If I were them the player I'd be after would be Javi Martinez who seems to have a bit part role at Bayern Munich so might be open to a move. They can then switch to a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 next season when they can focus on fixing the attack and wing areas. Right now though defense and midfield surely have to be the priority.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4236 on: July 29, 2014, 09:03:28 am »

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4237 on: July 29, 2014, 09:12:39 am »
I know Rodgers was on camera saying steady to Raheem at the same age roughly but that was unavoidable because of the circumstances with the TV show, I can't imagine Rodgers coming out in public and directly criticizing a youngster by name.  As much as Shaw doesn't seem the sharpest tool in the toolbox (Southampton fans have said as much), it can only be a matter of time before Van Gaal starts pissing someone off. 

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4238 on: July 29, 2014, 09:28:02 am »
How the fuck can Rooney be at a better level of fitness than Shaw?!  :o

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4239 on: July 29, 2014, 09:48:13 am »
Anyone else find it odd that they've announced what formation they're planning on playing this season?