Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3895913 times)

Offline Steak Bake

• Half baked
  • Main Stander
  • In Brendan We Trust
Re: Louis Van Gaal is still the Manager of Manchester United
« Reply #23120 on: April 5, 2015, 09:35:00 am »

If United drop 8 points in those 3 games then they won't finish Top 4.

They won't drop 8 points in those.  They have only lost 4 games all season haven't they?

I would still have Brendan over Beavis every day of the week though - he will be here for years whilst Man U will have to employ Giggs as manager in 2 years!

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23121 on: April 5, 2015, 09:44:10 am »
They won't drop 8 points in those.  They have only lost 4 games all season haven't they?

I would still have Brendan over Beavis every day of the week though - he will be here for years whilst Man U will have to employ Giggs as manager in 2 years!

They have lost 5 times , and will lose again in the next couple of weeks, more than once I expect.

Offline Steak Bake

• Half baked
  • Main Stander
  • In Brendan We Trust
« Reply #23122 on: April 5, 2015, 09:54:32 am »

They have lost 5 times , and will lose again in the next couple of weeks, more than once I expect.

I agree.  But so will the teams around them - lose a match or two I mean.

They have top 4 in the bag.  If they had to play City and Arsenal away, then maybe it would be different - but no way will they lose all 3 games against them and Chelsea.

Man U will get 4th by the skin of their teeth and spend a load of cash on genuine quality in the summer.

So depressing.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23123 on: April 5, 2015, 10:10:37 am »
I agree.  But so will the teams around them - lose a match or two I mean.

They have top 4 in the bag.  If they had to play City and Arsenal away, then maybe it would be different - but no way will they lose all 3 games against them and Chelsea.

Man U will get 4th by the skin of their teeth and spend a load of cash on genuine quality in the summer.

So depressing.

United's next 3 are City at home then Chelsea and Everton away. They could drop points in each one of those games. Giving teams behind them a chance to at least make them feel the pressure. In the end they will get 4th, and will spend big again. But they still have a little bit of work to do yet.

Offline Steak Bake

• Half baked
  • Main Stander
  • In Brendan We Trust
« Reply #23124 on: April 5, 2015, 10:44:43 am »
United's next 3 are City at home then Chelsea and Everton away. They could drop points in each one of those games. Giving teams behind them a chance to at least make them feel the pressure. In the end they will get 4th, and will spend big again. But they still have a little bit of work to do yet.

They have a lot of work to do yet.  But some in here have been writing them off for months now.

I am still waiting for them to implode.  It doesn't seem to be happening.  They play bad and win.  They play well and win.  It is what it is.

I think they'll beat City who are bang average this season, lose at Chelsea and beat Everton.

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #23125 on: April 5, 2015, 10:56:07 am »
I wonder how they'll fare next season in more than one competiton.

As badly as us?

Brendan Rodgers is still the manager of Liverpool Football Club.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23126 on: April 5, 2015, 11:17:08 am »
I will be first to congratulate them and remind them to make room in the trophy cabinet for this:

Cheers mate. I can't wait for the parade and to read the book.

When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23127 on: April 5, 2015, 01:31:14 pm »

Yes mate, you can only write about winning.  Fowler forbid anyone who uses literature to document a story. 

Books with happy endings are shite.   Imagine if Romeo & Juliet ended with a holiday in Portugal. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23128 on: April 5, 2015, 01:48:01 pm »
Seriously what is your purpose on this site apart from making small digs? You're no different to that Chelsea supporter that got banned a few weeks ago.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #23129 on: April 5, 2015, 02:10:06 pm »
Except that it isn't.

Denial is a beautiful thing.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Reports back to Red Cafe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #23130 on: April 5, 2015, 03:02:47 pm »
Denial is a beautiful thing.

Unless you have inside info, you don't know that. What is true though, is that De Gea (from many interviews) seems to be happy here and is a United player. Maybe he'll leave, maybe not. Pretty sure that he'll be at United next season.
“Ah, yes, ‘Reapers’. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim.”

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23131 on: April 5, 2015, 03:08:47 pm »
It's pretty much nailed on that De Gea is leaving (and has been) for most of this season - Raheem won't be long behind him. The difference is however, R'heem is chasing the cash, if we give him it he'll stay - But De Gea on the other hand just wants out.

The ironic thing here is that I have never seen a team before, literally propped up by a keeper. I feared that life after Suarez would be dull, grim and bleak - for most of the season, life after Suarez has in fact, been dull, grim and bleak.

My advice to you is to not...

In fact, fuck it - I'm off to play Elite Dangerous, you'll see what I mean this coming season.
I do think De Gea is off myself, however to say he is literally propping us up means you haven't been paying attention to any of the progress made under Van Gaal this season.
To compare the possibility of De Gea leaving with Suarez' departure is a bit silly mate, LFC were built around and set up to get the best out of Suarez and when he left it left a huge hole whereas De Gea although hugely important and talented doesn't hugely influence the style of play Van Gaal is starting to impose. Suarez was your heart, soul and a goal machine while De Gea is just a very safe pair of hands and calming influence throughout the side. It would hurt us yes but I really don't think it would have near as much impact myself, we wouldn't fall apart like you did for half a season if we got a decent replacement in now that Van Gaals methods are working.

The signs of a good side are starting to emerge, Smalling has stepped up to the plate and we'll surely add a top class CB to partner him. Shaw and Blind means the LB position is sorted but the right side is still a problem area which i'm sure will be addressed in the summer. Carrick is back to his best but we do miss him when he's out so that's another area of worry. There is a beautiful partnership starting to blossom between Mata and Herrera which I can only see improving and Rooney will be our first striker again next season, no more experimenting with him in midfield.
Lots to be positive about really even if the worst happens and De Gea is on the plane back home.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #23132 on: April 5, 2015, 03:34:17 pm »
I do think De Gea is off myself, however to say he is literally propping us up means you haven't been paying attention to any of the progress made under Van Gaal this season.
To compare the possibility of De Gea leaving with Suarez' departure is a bit silly mate, LFC were built around and set up to get the best out of Suarez and when he left it left a huge hole whereas De Gea although hugely important and talented doesn't hugely influence the style of play Van Gaal is starting to impose. Suarez was your heart, soul and a goal machine while De Gea is just a very safe pair of hands and calming influence throughout the side. It would hurt us yes but I really don't think it would have near as much impact myself, we wouldn't fall apart like you did for half a season if we got a decent replacement in now that Van Gaals methods are working.

The signs of a good side are starting to emerge, Smalling has stepped up to the plate and we'll surely add a top class CB to partner him. Shaw and Blind means the LB position is sorted but the right side is still a problem area which i'm sure will be addressed in the summer. Carrick is back to his best but we do miss him when he's out so that's another area of worry. There is a beautiful partnership starting to blossom between Mata and Herrera which I can only see improving and Rooney will be our first striker again next season, no more experimenting with him in midfield.
Lots to be positive about really even if the worst happens and De Gea is on the plane back home.

De Gea will sign a new contract and be at United next season. Maybe he'll leave the season after (or a few seasons later), but it would be for a big amount of money and not right now. He's too nice a guy to run his contract down.
“Ah, yes, ‘Reapers’. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim.”

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #23133 on: April 5, 2015, 03:55:33 pm »
I imagine De Gea will end up at Madrid at some point, but I doubt it'll be this summer.

With regards to next season, how strong a title challenge United make will depend on their transfer window, but I think they will definitely be in the race.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23134 on: April 5, 2015, 04:05:17 pm »
De gea is gone lads

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23135 on: April 5, 2015, 04:24:43 pm »
Marcos Rojo :lmao

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #23136 on: April 5, 2015, 04:27:22 pm »
De Gea will sign a new contract and be at United next season. Maybe he'll leave the season after (or a few seasons later), but it would be for a big amount of money and not right now. He's too nice a guy to run his contract down.

You really haven't grasped how modern football and indeed modern footballers work, have you? There is the odd exception of course, but to think that De Gea is one of them is mental. If Madrid want him, and by all accounts they do, then he'll be off like stale milk.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23137 on: April 5, 2015, 04:27:34 pm »
Interesting thing with that case of sexual deviancy was that no lawyers in manchester would take on the girls case and the club knew about rojos attempt to buy her off, could explain why he's been out of the team recently as well

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23138 on: April 5, 2015, 04:28:43 pm »
Marcos Rojo :lmao

What sort of fanny has a diamond tattoed on their neck FFS

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23139 on: April 5, 2015, 04:28:59 pm »
a fake hardman

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #23140 on: April 5, 2015, 04:29:31 pm »
Diamonds are a girls best friend ...

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #23141 on: April 5, 2015, 04:32:05 pm »
You really haven't grasped how modern football and indeed modern footballers work, have you? There is the odd exception of course, but to think that De Gea is one of them is mental. If Madrid want him, and by all accounts they do, then he'll be off like stale milk.

Probably yes, but I doubt that it will be this season. Contrary to people beliefs, Madrid doesn't always succed to get the player they want.

Obviously, De Gea being from Madrid and his girlfriend living there (for most of the time) could make the difference, but I don't think that it is as safe to predict that he'll leave (especially this summer) as people are making it.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #23143 on: April 5, 2015, 05:22:05 pm »
Chelsea Arsenal City United. This is the order of the top 4 for me. United having to negotiate a tricky CL qualifying game.  Don't think they will get more than 1 point out of City Chelsea and Arsenal.

No way.  As good as your win against LFC was yesterday, I thought United's win at Anfield was more impressive. Liverpool was absolutely flying after consecutive wins, playing at home against the mortal enemy.  You had to face them at home, psychologically demoralized and without Skrtel and Gerrard.  And had Raheem scored that one never know how the game would have panned out.

Anyways, if you think United will only get a draw in three games against Chelsea, City and yourselves you have no idea about van Gaal. I reckon they draw City, draw Chelsea and easily win against Arsenal.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Steak Bake

• Half baked
  • Main Stander
  • In Brendan We Trust
« Reply #23145 on: April 5, 2015, 06:14:18 pm »
Can we pretend it's last season again and that Moyes is in charge?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #23146 on: April 5, 2015, 06:21:56 pm »

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23147 on: April 5, 2015, 06:25:55 pm »
No way.  As good as your win against LFC was yesterday, I thought United's win at Anfield was more impressive. Liverpool was absolutely flying after consecutive wins, playing at home against the mortal enemy.  You had to face them at home, psychologically demoralized and without Skrtel and Gerrard.  And had Raheem scored that one never know how the game would have panned out.

Anyways, if you think United will only get a draw in three games against Chelsea, City and yourselves you have no idea about van Gaal. I reckon they draw City, draw Chelsea and easily win against Arsenal.

13 days before United's immortal victory at Anfield.  We went to old Trafford and saw them off with minimal trouble. I believe Van Gaal was in charge then,  and I believe we will beat them again. And Had Raheem scored he may have been making it 2-1 had we scored earlier which we should have. Ifs and buts don't count for much. Liverpool have been poor for a few weeks and while United have improved and will get 4th. I believe they are some way below the other 3 teams in the top 4 and it will show, starting next weekend

Offline Steak Bake

• Half baked
  • Main Stander
  • In Brendan We Trust

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23149 on: April 5, 2015, 06:46:52 pm »
soon van Gaal will piss everyone off and it will be similar to last season

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #23150 on: April 5, 2015, 08:09:56 pm »
13 days before United's immortal victory at Anfield.  We went to old Trafford and saw them off with minimal trouble. I believe Van Gaal was in charge then,  and I believe we will beat them again. And Had Raheem scored he may have been making it 2-1 had we scored earlier which we should have. Ifs and buts don't count for much. Liverpool have been poor for a few weeks and while United have improved and will get 4th. I believe they are some way below the other 3 teams in the top 4 and it will show, starting next weekend

Arsenal fans being cocky. It is one of the best things on fooball. It always ends on the same way though.

You got your victory at OT, now for the next 5 years you know what will happen. History has a tendency to repeat itself (said the same for Liverpool before here, what happened after 2009 happened again).

You'll get the fourth place though. And then celebrate a lot!

Offline Steak Bake

• Half baked
  • Main Stander
  • In Brendan We Trust
Louis Van Gaal is still the Manager of Manchester United
« Reply #23151 on: April 5, 2015, 11:08:49 pm »
Arsenal do love a Top 4 trophy!  I would kill for that every season though - it's how you invest long term and build.

An FA Cup win is great don't get me wrong but the future is more important than now.

Saying that, if we had another 100 mill to spend on players we would probably buy Ings, Sissoko, Stephen Fletcher and some other average Jim for too much money.

Our committee are clueless.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #23152 on: April 5, 2015, 11:41:45 pm »
Arsenal do love a Top 4 trophy!  I would kill for that every season though - it's how you invest long term and build.

An FA Cup win is great don't get me wrong but the future is more important than now.

Saying that, if we had another 100 mill to spend on players we would probably buy Ings, Sissoko, Stephen Fletcher and some other average Jim for too much money.

Our committee are clueless.

For sure that going into UCL is important. It gives the club extra money and prestige, from which the club can build on the next season.

The problem with Arsenal has been that they weren't able to do anything more than that. Saying that, I think that this season they are better and if they can add an another striker, a center back and a defensive midfielder, they might be able to strongly challenge for the next season. Knowing Wenger though, they'll probably sign another 3 inside forwards and 5 kids from France.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #23153 on: April 6, 2015, 05:54:15 am »
There is a thread for discussing anything related to Arsenal. If it doesn't get used , it's going to wither and die. . .  :P :P :P ;)
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23154 on: April 6, 2015, 06:43:19 am »
For 2 seasons Man utd have been dreaming of 4th place. Van Gaal will be hailed a genius for getting it. After spending 250m. Laughing at arsenal for finishing 4th looks very weak now. Arrogance only works from a position of strength.  United need to be careful. The glory days are not back just yet. Let's see what happens over the next 7 games.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23155 on: April 6, 2015, 07:09:34 am »
Maybe he's just really committed to van Gaal's system
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #23156 on: April 6, 2015, 08:23:51 am »

:wellin
Better looking than Samie.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #23157 on: April 6, 2015, 08:34:59 am »
For 2 seasons Man utd have been dreaming of 4th place. Van Gaal will be hailed a genius for getting it. After spending 250m. Laughing at arsenal for finishing 4th looks very weak now. Arrogance only works from a position of strength.  United need to be careful. The glory days are not back just yet. Let's see what happens over the next 7 games.

I can see where you're coming from mate - laughing at any decent opponent is definitely serious chav behaviour for me - surely more at home on the Kings Road than coming out of ANY real football rather than simply the loony element of United fans.

Got to take issue with you re the arrogance remark. It's never justified from ANY position. Bragging rights with tongue in cheek is totally acceptable and good solid banter but as I say below, the table never lies, arrogance can only ever demean solid achievement. In my view, it's why John Terry has never really achieved anything praiseworthy.

My take on Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal?? Will never be rated a genius in my book. He's been bloody lucky that's for sure because he's been responsible for some piss-poor tactical shite and talked some real bollux this season. But I suppose somebody up there must like something about the fella as the table never lies.

I think had you found your form earlier, it might well have been Chelsea chasing your arses. Still eh it's a funny old game. ;D ;D
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #23158 on: April 6, 2015, 08:59:45 am »

So you're saying diamonds are Van Gaal's best friend?

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23159 on: April 6, 2015, 09:02:08 am »
I can see where you're coming from mate - laughing at any decent opponent is definitely serious chav behaviour for me - surely more at home on the Kings Road than coming out of ANY real football rather than simply the loony element of United fans.

Got to take issue with you re the arrogance remark. It's never justified from ANY position. Bragging rights with tongue in cheek is totally acceptable and good solid banter but as I say below, the table never lies, arrogance can only ever demean solid achievement. In my view, it's why John Terry has never really achieved anything praiseworthy.

My take on Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal?? Will never be rated a genius in my book. He's been bloody lucky that's for sure because he's been responsible for some piss-poor tactical shite and talked some real bollux this season. But I suppose somebody up there must like something about the fella as the table never lies.

I think had you found your form earlier, it might well have been Chelsea chasing your arses. Still eh it's a funny old game. ;D ;D

Maybe arrogance is the wrong term, overconfidence would be more appropriate.
It has been a strange season. Chelsea will win it by being consistent if not brilliant. Everyone else will have lots of what ifs to look back at. Especially Liverpool, they have let Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal off the hook a little.  Credit to United though for keeping their nerve when things looked dicey for them. Still think there will a twist or 2 left.