Author Topic: Eye Witness Report: Liverpool 0 Chelsea 2 (Maureen's so called genius...Not!)  (Read 6645 times)

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Journey. People. Connections. Cobham. My neighbours are annoying. I am a thorn in their sides. Long may it continue!

Never easy writing these post loss but it wouldn’t be right to ignore one just because things didn’t go our way. In a season where so much as transcended into true Poetry in Motion the hiccup may have deflated that gas bubble in the stomach… it won’t stop you from taking another sip from the cup from the cup of glory.

The journey started with Chivasino getting to mine. From mine to DesiKopite and a ropey Ap823. He wasn’t drunk… just a touch of the Delhi Belly quite literally. His medication held out til we got to Norton Caines services. This was an interesting stop – was always going to be when you arrive just as 3 Chelsea fans coaches turn up to. They look at you. You look at them. They look strange. We must look the same to them.

We don’t really care do we? :D
It’s like fear and loathing in equal measure. We don’t really fear them. I don’t particularly loathe them. The reverse cannot be stated for them.

We got to Anfield just around midday. The noise and colour from the Annie Road was amazing. If the league was won on support alone we would be in with a shout and then some. As the coach passed that emotion of what we all want must have hit them. The club must have been in on it… before kick off who do they bring out to the pitch?

Luis Garcia. Heaven. If the noise hadn’t been deafening before it was now. Game on. Looking at the Chelsea team there weren’t any surprises bar the defender I’d never heard of. They even had the spitting image of one of the lads out of High School Musical. Him and Willian definitely use the same hairdressers I’m sure. His name is Nathan Ake in case you are wondering.

First half

All Maureen slow down tactics deployed. Hold the ball, change the players, roll the ball elsewhere. Timewaste, timewaste, timewaste. As frustrating as it was it was only to be expected. The frustration must have its effects on the decibels of the crowd too as we went up and down like a sine wave. We went close via Sakho but the tactics were clear to see. Chelsea were set to annoy and disturb any sort of rhythm.

Seeing only 3 minutes of extra time when you reckon at least 7 was a shocker. That shock game with a sting in the tail. Stevie slipped. Ba scored. Whistle blows

First half musings

Maureened
More Maureened
Sturridge downstairs with 10mins of half left. Possibly to get ready for 2nd. We need him
Now to see what we really have
We start with You’ll Never Walk Alone for our team

Second half

Repeat ad nauseam of the first half. I don’t know how it happened or why but Lucas and Suarez made it into the 18 yard box, stopped assuming off side and it wasn’t. More frustration. The bus got stronger and bigger. Nothing new there. We tried. We huffed, puffed and couldn’t blow their house down. Allen close. Gerrard close. Suarez close.

More repeat ad nauseam of the first half. 4 mins of time added on. They break. They score. We’re all trying down the other end.

Liverpool 0, Chelsea 2. A bad day at the office but we haven’t lost anything yet. The day didn’t end as bad though.

So it's happened. My last loss seen at Anfield was a very very long time ago. It was against United on 23rd Sept 2012. That’s an awfully long time. I have to admit to holding an internal flame for winning the league towards the latter part of last year. We were all conquering and then it came to a bit of an abrupt halt thanks to Man City and Chelsea. Leaving those grounds post loss I used to say to myself that I’d possibly been a bit silly for getting giddy for believing. My reality check on those thoughts was a simple one – if we don’t believe then what do we expect will change? So much as changed under this run so for all the neigh sayers I say this – if there was no belief and all we did was presume negativity then we’d just drag ourselves backwards.

The journey back was all about being together. We ride together. We dine together…err bad boys for life? :D  It was the best non-victory pizza I’d had in a long time. We are all a bit deflated but we all cheered ourselves up and did it with the company we had. Many thanks Aman – your pizzas rock!

So what happens next?  It’s 12 rounds in boxing. We’ve got 2 left. When this run started we weren't in control of its destiny. Then results meant we were. We are now back at the first point. The finishing line is still at the same place. The punches may not all be ours to land but while we have to box clever we can apply the blows we need to. I firmly believe this. We do what we do best which is play our game and wipe people off the park.

We have us. We are much stronger than we realise. We fall. We graze. We can dust ourselves off and carry on. If anyone knows how to triumph in the face of adversity it is us. Nothing is beyond our collective power.

Oh yeah - Post match music. Stevie Wonder. Helped in the morning. Don’t ya worry ‘bout a thing :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:32:40 pm by Harinder »
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Thank you very much Harinder for yet another great personal view on the game. You should collate them into a book!
Yep.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Thank you very much Harinder for yet another great personal view on the game. You should collate them into a book!

Then throw them at Maureen  ;D

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Yep.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
It's getting boring saying this but these slices of match-day life are gold. Great stuff my friend.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
Great reading as usual, thanks Harinder   :wave
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline misterjokerboy

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I bloody love you :-)
PSN - misterjokerboy
Twitter - misterjokerboy

Offline h4ns3n

• Main Stander
  • Didn't watch 2nd half Istanbul - was shagging
    • Microsoft BI Consulting
Awesome post. You have single handedly cheered me up! Thank you.

I have some manc "friends" who have taken great pleasure out of the result yesterday, but more disturbing was their view on the violence that followed, claiming that LFC fans always start trouble when we lose cos we're "bad" losers. When I informed them that a classless plastic spat on the memorial which rightfully inspired a smack to the said classless plastic, it did not seem to resonate. I'm glad that the truth seems to be filtering through, on twitter at least.

I would just like to extend my thanks to the fans who took the time to teach those plastics some manners. I really wish I was there.
You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
I bloody love you :-)

Cheers. My wife is rather jealous now  :D

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
I meant to say before this is an awesome post.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
It's not a bad idea if we win the league actually. Particularly after the historic wait. It's basically what Mark Platt did with his excellent book about our 1946/47 league winning season.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
We're spoilt on here, we really are...

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
A good read as per usual mate.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
Brilliant Harinder, great read! Keep the faith lads, time to back the team more than ever before. Bring on CP, will be rocking.
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great piece.

Also, well done to Harinder, AP823 and their gang (not sure if they're on RAWK) for also raising £300+ for the HJC as part of the Memorial.
YNWA.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Great piece.

Also, well done to Harinder, AP823 and their gang (not sure if they're on RAWK) for also raising £300+ for the HJC as part of the Memorial.

Indeed - that was awesome by AP823. For the floral tribute featured by the club in their tribute too it was great thing that he organised

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
Very nice piece indeed.

We ride together..its in our own hands,smash palace 6-0 & hit the geordies for 8 or 9 should see us over the line! tic

If someone offered me this position at the start of the season..

Realistically..the fat lady aint singing yet,every possibility of another twist to come.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks Harinder. Love reading these insights of yours..... Now back to Sabu

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
Always enjoy your journeys, feel as if am with you.

We go again eh!
Doubters to Believers

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Enjoyed that read and it was good to meet you Harinder prior to the game.
Cheers Sat
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 09:09:07 pm by sat »

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
Indeed - that was awesome by AP823. For the floral tribute featured by the club in their tribute too it was great thing that he organised

team effort well done guys
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
Question from NY - do you hail the mighty mouse mat on Friday now or not?

It could prove to be a critical decision.

Great stuff!
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.