Author Topic: Rodger's Army and the Army of Golden Oil in the battle of Anfield.  (Read 16814 times)

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Got bored and have wrote a couple of these but decided to post it. If its shite Ill never start another thread again, but if if people seem to like it Ill try do it more often. Anyway enjoy (hopefully)

General Rodgers looked down at the massacre that lay behind him. He drank in the fresh smell of blood that was still lingering in the air and cast his eyes upon the bloodied ruins of a once proud city laid at his feet.  It was the latest scalp in his quest to restore his kingdom’s reputation to where it belonged, feared by all, and the strongest in the land. He almost felt sorry for the ruins that he had left in his wake, but almost wasn’t enough to stop his desire for more or a slight smile to cross his face. Rodgers needed more, his eyes were firmly set on his end goal. Desires had turned into a need, even an expectation that he would achieve.  Rodger’s goals and targets became more bold with every passing day. Expectations grew with every victory that now passed before his eyes. So long had it been since General Rodgers tasted defeat he had forgotten what it felt like. In its place was a burning need, a need to succeed.  His warriors were the same, they needed victory, it had become an unquenchable thirst. Every time they drank in victory they became thirstier for more. Rodger’s army was led by his Captain, Captain Courageous, a fierce fighter whose age seemed to have no bounds. Captain Courageous was the life blood of the army. Even at the lowest of times the Captain was a destroyer of souls. Captain Courageous had ensured that this army never completely fell away. He had endured the trenches dragging his comrades back into the fight picking up the odd victory here and there but now was the chance to shine. No longer did the Captain have to drag his army along for the ride, no longer did he have to inspire his army to keep pushing on. The time for that had passed. Finally after years of battling to persuade his comrades to not lose hope and to keep battling on, no now was the time that the Captain knew he could go into every fight knowing that those around him had his back as he had theirs. This army had become a machine, a machine unified and strong, marching on with self-belief and vision that had been instilled by the General and exemplified by his ever loyal Captain. Fear was no longer a thought in the minds of this army. Victory was expected with each and every battle.  General Rodger’s young army had destroyed some of the most feared armies in the land. Their confidence grew with each and every battle that ensued. Soldiers were now feared warriors. There had been many that were written off and considered to not be worthy of such an army. Many that were written off to be lost along the way but those soldiers proved themselves to be feared warriors.

Rodger’s last victory had  been more of a battle than expected. His foes had been big brutes of lads and they had been willing to get dirty. They fought with dirty tactics beating and bullying Roger’s young army but this was a war and all bets were off they were prepared to fight with no cohesion or tactic but merely bulldoze their way through Rodger’s army. It seemed as if Rodger’s men were unable to deal with the brute force despite their well thought out plans and agile movement. They were stifled by the big brutes of Fat Sam. Fat Sam sat back in glee chewing aimlessly at the air thinking more about the feast he was to gorge himself on once this battle was over. He wasn’t a general in the same way that Rodgers was. Fat Sam built his army big. The bigger they were the better he felt they were. It was all about strength and bashing anyone that got in his way. It also meant that during a battle not much would ever change. Fat Sam would sit back watching the battle unfold and start chewing, craving his next meal and inside being disgusted that a battle would keep him from devouring a cow. Rodgers however was more methodical in his approach, analysing every aspect of the battle that was taking place before him. He would move his fighters to areas he felt would increase their chances of victory. Rodgers was relentless in his pursuit of perfect and so it proved here. Despite his army being smashing from pillar to post Rodgers remained calm and waited for the opening where he could change the outcome of the battle.

The first victory came from Rodger’s champion. Suarez, a warrior full of guile and imagination this man knew not the meaning of the word defeat and would not rest until victory had been claimed. Suarez was like a terrier that would never quit. He terrorised those who he fought and made a mockery of them with his skill with the blade and he was relentless. Once he had the smell of blood filling his nostrils he became a man possessed. Aided by the long range shots of arrows from the Captain himself Suarez took apart the defence. He bamboozled them and created such a panic they ended up killing themselves. To add to the insult of being taken apart by Suarez the Captain finished them off with a piercing arrow straight into the heart of their defence. The carnage had started. It seemed as if at this point Rodger’s men would systematically take down the rest of Fat Sam’s sorry excuse for thuggish mercenaries when Fat Sam pulled out a surprise. Unleashing his champion of champions the thuggish brute of a giant who he simply called Carroll, the least fear inducing name of a giant ever. But Carroll was no ordinary fighter. This fighter had once been a friend and an ally to many of the men that were in Rodger’s army. He had fought alongside many of them before heading out as a thuggish mercenary. Carroll had become somewhat of a dirty thuggish brute since he’d fought  alongside the men in Rodger’s army and this proved to be no exception. Without a seconds hesitation the thuggish brute turned on his former allies with dirty tactics and his thuggish fighting style. It worked. Fat Sam’s army had come pierced through Rodger’s army and Fat Sam could be heard roaring with laughter as he forgot about his next meal for a second to indulge in the battle. The drool could be seen dripping from each corner of his mouth as his eyes lit up with glee and his whole belly rumbled from the laughter. He had used his ace and he thought he had at least drawn this battle. He would be rudely mistaken.

Rodgers the tactician was undeterred. He was livid with the way in which they had been undone but as always he remained calm and undeterred. He changed around his army putting in Lucas, a battler and a bulldog to sure things up and took away one of his spritely young fighters in Coutinho. This seemed to work once again Rodger’s army took control of the battle. They fought hard and bravely and although they controlled the fight they could not find the piercing blow that would finish off Fat Sam and his band of thugs. Wave after wave Rodger’s army pushed Fat Sam’s thugs back to their own wall without being able to penetrate. When Rodger’s needed a champion up stood the most unlikely warrior. The young Flafu whom many believe possessed the spirit of Cafu a former legend of a warrior that remained etched in history. This young warrior was raw and very young but Flafu made mockery of his size and stature with the fight that he had in him. Flafu charged towards the defence and struck up a battle with Adrian one Fat Sam’s big thugs. It looked a certain doom for the young Flafu and he was taken down almost straight away. But unbeknown to those around the Captain was sitting, watching and waiting for the situation to unfold. Flafu had got close to the heart of Fat Sam’s defence before he had be stopped in his place. Adrian was looking for the kill when the Captain burst forward with another expertly taken arrow straight to the Heart of Fat Sam’s men. They were left in tatters. A few small battles ensued before Fat Sam had to be carried away frothing at the mouth and dripping in blood. He was furious and blamed anyone he could for the defeat. His thuggish brutes had put in a decent fight but still they were no contest for the tactical mastermind of Rodgers.

After Rodgers and his men returned home to their fortress news began to filter through of another army desperate to take apart Rodger’s men. This was no small army. This was the army known as “The City”. The City had been drowned in wealth, gold and precious stones further than the eye could see. Money was  no object for the City and their rulers were as wealthy as anyone had ever known. This in turn meant a few things. 1. Everyone wanted to destroy them and ransack their City and 2. It also meant they were able to buy up the finest army to defend them that the world had ever seen. Each and every soldier was cloaked in the finest weaponry and armour that had been created and the City had also bought every soldier that they could. Rodgers eyes flickered with delight. Fear was not something he knew anymore. He craved this fight more than any other that had gone before him. He welcomed The City to come and fight him on his home soil, the soil he knew his men would fight like dogs to protect. Rodgers was not worried about the weapons, the glamour or strength of the army coming to face him and his men. He knew they could win. He wanted this scalp to add to the already many that he had already taken. He needed this one and would stop at nothing to get it. His men had a fire that burnt within. They lusted the blood of any that opposed them and they could smell it marching down the hill….
« Last Edit: April 7, 2014, 11:18:02 am by SwissV »
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
Re: Rodger's Army and the Army of Golden Oil in the battle of Anfield.
« Reply #1 on: April 7, 2014, 11:18:25 am »
Woke up this morning with a spring in my step - top of the league along with the little added bonus that our points tally officially ended Utd's reign as champions. Sweet upon sweet.

And then there were 5....
And next up is the big one. Yeah yeah, each game as they come, all games important, etc.... But this is the next game. The 2 teams left who still have their fate in their own hands.

That will have to change on Sunday.

Both teams come into this match on good form and brimming with confidence. While we've won our last 9 and are unbeaten in this calendar year in the league, City's form has been excellent too. They've won 7 of their last 10, drawn 2 and lost 1 (to Chelsea at home). They also battled to win against Hull, after having a man sent off. There is team spirit there, genuine belief that the title is theirs to lose and they have talent to boot.

We played them in December at a time when everyone was getting the shit beaten out of them at the Etihad, and for long periods of the game we ran rings around them. Many of us groaned as their first goal somehow went in, but it was the dodgy ref and linesman who did more damage. Sterling's disallowed goal, the Suarez penalty claim, along with the Sterling miss from the sublime ball from Suarez had us all ruing a missed opportunity. But we left Manchester with our heads held high - which can't be said for the other "top teams" who had visited there before us. Arsenal destroyed 6-3, United destroyed 4-1, Spurs destroyed 6-0. I thought we'd be in for a rough ride that day, and even though we lost, the way we played was a real eye-opener. Our fast, fluid play, our excellent link-up between midfield and strikers gave me hope for the first time this season that we could qualify for the Champions League. Well, as it turns out, I was right but not right enough!

Despite the supposed pressure we're going to wilt under, we should be optimistic going into this game. In December we started with:
Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Cissokho, Henderson, Allen, Lucas, Sterling, Suarez, Coutinho.
Gerrard was injured but is a sure thing to start. He's excelled in his new "quarter back" roll. You would also expect Flanno to start instead of Cissokho. Hopefully Allen will be fit and available for consideration, but we do have that little Brazilian Lucas back too. Or will BR go with Coutinho? And will Agger come back in for Sakho? Some "good" problems there for BR to figure out.

The game may also suit our fast attacking play better. It was noticeable that we struggled against Sunderland as they parked the bus. City won't do that. Against West Ham we struggled to break them down until they were chasing the game and pushed forward. Once a high line appeared, we looked far more dangerous. Suarez got through on goal twice - denied by Adrian's leg the first time, and hauled down the second.
Spurs came and tried to attack, pushing right up the pitch to pressurise us playing out from the back. We know what happened there. Man City will play attacking football but are admittedly a totally different prospect than Spurs. But with Demichelis, we may just have a weak point to expose. A foot race between him and any of SASAS would only have one outcome. You feel he's a penalty waiting to happen too. Win this because of a penalty and I think Blue Moon would go into fucking meltdown.
They should have Aguero back for this. Their midfield, particularly Toure and Silva will be key too. It's the scoring rate of both teams that have propelled both clubs to the top of the league. This could well be the game of the season.

All in all, play like we did in December and all things being equal, we should win. The crowd will be loud and proud and we've seen what kind of effect that can have on games. With the day that's in it, emotions will be running high at Anfield. It's somehow apt that LFC is playing the type of football again that was last witnessed by our fallen 96. Win lose or draw, make them proud.

Win this and we can stop believing and start knowing.
This is going to be a fucking big game. Buy shares in Andrex now - they're about to go through the roof.
SOS member 7832

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 7, 2014, 11:18:29 am »
Rodger who?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 7, 2014, 11:25:37 am »
Sorry mate, i can't get past the general rodgers bit without cracking up.

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 7, 2014, 11:36:24 am »
When I saw the bit about the 'Army of Golden Oil' I came in here hoping to read some Fat Sam-style smut. I must say I'm disappointed.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 7, 2014, 11:38:12 am »
This site always want to encourage new writing and it takes bottle to approach a subject from a different perspective. I enjoyed your work, it's a pleasure to see people following a different path and to have put a bit of thought into what they have posted. At times the analogy ran a bit thin but so what, it was still an enjoyable read. Sometimes you have to be a bit 'thickskinned' to post on here so I wouldn't let any one liner criticism put you off posting again.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #6 on: April 7, 2014, 11:43:06 am »
Sometimes you have to be a bit 'thickskinned' to post on here so I wouldn't let any one liner criticism put you off posting again.

I see my post has been deleted so if that was (at least partly) aimed at me, then all i'd add was that it was intended as constructive criticism, rather than a needless one-line put down. Hopefully it wasn't misinterpreted as such by SwissV.

I also quite enjoyed the piece as well, for it's creative element in particular. You've certainly put a unique angle on match reporting!
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 7, 2014, 11:44:21 am »
This site always want to encourage new writing and it takes bottle to approach a subject from a different perspective. I enjoyed your work, it's a pleasure to see people following a different path and to have put a bit of thought into what they have posted. At times the analogy ran a bit thin but so what, it was still an enjoyable read. Sometimes you have to be a bit 'thickskinned' to post on here so I wouldn't let any one liner criticism put you off posting again.

Good post, you're right to say that. Aside from my quest for cheap laughs it was, fittingly, a valiant effort!

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 7, 2014, 11:46:13 am »

Appreciate that. In all honesty Im not phased if I get slagged off about it. Not everyones cup of tea.  :P It was something we used to do for a bit of a laugh in my old footy club on our forums before and after matches. If it seemed people were enjoying it I was happy to post more. Doesnt seem its too popular though so oh well better luck next time  :D
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline Gandalf The Red

• Anny Roader
  • Free Palestine
    • Palestine Solidarity
« Reply #9 on: April 7, 2014, 11:52:33 am »
Enjoyed that opening post. Fair play.

Looks like the bookies have us as favourites now. Is this because more bets have been placed on liverpool or do they simply now know what we know?

Either way, they are seldom incorrect. Bring on the nouveau riche.

"And you dare to call me a terrorist, while you look down your guns..."

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 7, 2014, 12:26:47 pm »
I see my post has been deleted so if that was (at least partly) aimed at me, then all i'd add was that it was intended as constructive criticism, rather than a needless one-line put down. Hopefully it wasn't misinterpreted as such by SwissV.

I also quite enjoyed the piece as well, for it's creative element in particular. You've certainly put a unique angle on match reporting!

No mate, not aimed at you in the slightest. I deleted your constructive criticism because SwissV had already acted upon it and put in paragraphs, just tiding up the thread ;D
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn