Author Topic: Mamadou Sakho  (Read 486352 times)

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mamadou Sakho (mostly about Agger)
« Reply #2280 on: June 22, 2014, 02:30:40 am »
Most of the pundits who talk about "gait" almost certainly don't have a clue what it means
Should let the doctors and chiropractors talk about this gait. Lets get back to talking about the defending and playing football something Mama does very well.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2281 on: June 22, 2014, 11:17:12 am »
Should let the doctors and chiropractors talk about this gait. Lets get back to talking about the defending and playing football something Mama does very well.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2282 on: June 22, 2014, 12:44:59 pm »
Is it too early to say that he might be injury prone? I hope we dont have another Agger

He hasn't really had injury issues throughout his career, i'm sure it's something our staff will be looking into next season, see if they can make training less intensive on his hamstring or groin or whatever it is
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #2283 on: June 22, 2014, 12:54:48 pm »
He hasn't really had injury issues throughout his career, i'm sure it's something our staff will be looking into next season, see if they can make training less intensive on his hamstring or groin or whatever it is

And on the training equipment. That stuff's expensive.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2284 on: June 22, 2014, 09:28:52 pm »

Seems to be just him over-stretching for tackles. He probably just needs to know his limits a bit more.
YNWA.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #2285 on: June 23, 2014, 11:32:42 am »
Is that injury going to keep him out?

He has looked commanding for France.  Quick across the ground, sharp in the tackle, good on the ball.  Constantly talking and organising.

You'd imagine once he settles this is the Sakho we will see week in, week out at Liverpool.  It may be a language thing or perhaps Sakho just becoming a little more comfortable in a new setting. 

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2286 on: June 23, 2014, 02:54:28 pm »
I've seen/heard quite a few people questioning Sakho myself. I cant see why though. He has all the tools to become one of the best around. For someone who is apparently 'awkward' on the ball I cant recall too many Centre Backs being so confident and accurate at fizzing in 15-20 yard balls, taking out several players in the process, to the feet of a midfielder

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #2287 on: June 24, 2014, 09:34:37 am »
I think Sakho will show us a new level this season. Last season, he was getting used to a new league, new team, new language, new style of play, new opposition, new everything, not to mention that our defence was hardly settled and ready to break in a new player. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't shock a lot of the doubters into silence.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #2288 on: June 24, 2014, 10:51:12 am »
Watched France v Swiss in pub in France with loadsa french lads. They rate him highly and smiled every time I cheered him when he was in possession or tackled etc. How old is he? He is going to be a brick wall.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2289 on: June 24, 2014, 10:55:08 am »
Watched France v Swiss in pub in France with loadsa french lads. They rate him highly and smiled every time I cheered him when he was in possession or tackled etc. How old is he? He is going to be a brick wall.

He's not long turned 24 (Feb).

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #2290 on: June 24, 2014, 09:28:33 pm »
Anyone know if he's fit for tomorrow?

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2291 on: June 24, 2014, 09:34:07 pm »

Even if he is, I doubt he'll be risked. They're not exactly short in that department. :P

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #2292 on: June 24, 2014, 09:35:51 pm »
Even if he is, I doubt he'll be risked. They're not exactly short in that department. :P
Good point. Back for the 2nd round then.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2293 on: June 25, 2014, 01:09:21 am »
He's not long turned 24 (Feb).
Crazy. Which in defending terms is practically a baby. You had Roy Hodgson post Costa Rica saying he had a young defender in Cahill (who is 28 btw) puts Sakho into prespective. He is already a great player but he could get even better. 

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2294 on: June 25, 2014, 01:16:07 am »
Crazy. Which in defending terms is practically a baby. You had Roy Hodgson post Costa Rica saying he had a young defender in Cahill (who is 28 btw) puts Sakho into prespective. He is already a great player but he could get even better. 

Would have loved him to have a season with Carra who could teach him to be more vocal and in control of organisation
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2295 on: June 25, 2014, 01:18:22 am »
Apparently so, he only came off as a precaution ("I preferred not to take a risk"), and L'Equipe reckons he's starting tomorrow.

Lloris, Sagna, Koscielny, Sakho, Digne, Schneiderlin, Pogba, Matuidi, Sissoko, Griezmann, Benzema - according to them.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2296 on: June 25, 2014, 01:35:39 am »
Would have loved him to have a season with Carra who could teach him to be more vocal and in control of organisation
Yeah that would have got him more confident and looking less shaky out there. He's completely different for France than he has been for us so far.If I had seen Sakho against honduras and switzerland I would say he is the best defender ever (thiago silva level). Obviously they aren't the best opposition, but as shown by this world cup big names lose to islands. So far Sakho has been a beast he can sit the game out and play well in the knockout stages.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:37:14 am by The Infamous_LFC »

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2297 on: June 25, 2014, 12:36:09 pm »

I don't think he isn't vocal out of choice to be honest

How good is his english ? He seems to try to take control of organisation in the defence when he does play but there's only so much you can do if you don't speak the language really well

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2298 on: June 25, 2014, 01:17:23 pm »

I have an image of Mamadou standing next to Carragher in some open field, or perhaps on a mountain top, and Jamie is shouting "GET BACK, GET BACK" or 'COME ON, FUCKING COME ON", or even "DEGEN, GET THE FUCKING BALL DEGEN". And then Mamadou, a little shyly at first, but then with increasing confidence (and perhaps with a high-pitched scouse accent) starts shouting the same. And Jamie is saying "Good, good, but maybe a bit louder". Perhaps the sun sets behind them and they're both still doing it.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Redondos Barber

• Kopite
« Reply #2299 on: June 25, 2014, 01:58:21 pm »
I have an image of Mamadou standing next to Carragher in some open field, or perhaps on a mountain top, and Jamie is shouting "GET BACK, GET BACK" or 'COME ON, FUCKING COME ON", or even "DEGEN, GET THE FUCKING BALL DEGEN". And then Mamadou, a little shyly at first, but then with increasing confidence (and perhaps with a high-pitched scouse accent) starts shouting the same. And Jamie is saying "Good, good, but maybe a bit louder". Perhaps the sun sets behind them and they're both still doing it.

In my image they're standing barefoot on wooden posts at a deserted beach, screaming out defensive instructions to an indifferent sea. Then Carragher gets Sakho to wax his cars to build up his strength for Shawcross and Robert Hoof.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 02:12:17 pm by Redondos Barber »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2300 on: June 25, 2014, 04:30:27 pm »
Yeah that would have got him more confident and looking less shaky out there. He's completely different for France than he has been for us so far.If I had seen Sakho against honduras and switzerland I would say he is the best defender ever (thiago silva level). Obviously they aren't the best opposition, but as shown by this world cup big names lose to islands. So far Sakho has been a beast he can sit the game out and play well in the knockout stages.

Sorry mate, I don't follow?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline suede lady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2301 on: June 25, 2014, 10:47:38 pm »
Off in the 60 minute. Did not gather if it was a injury

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2302 on: June 25, 2014, 10:58:13 pm »
Off in the 60 minute. Did not gather if it was a injury

Had an injury from the last game and his left thigh was heavily strapped up. Came off and two physios were cutting it off and talking to him, think was more precaution than anything else.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2303 on: June 25, 2014, 11:22:53 pm »
Had an injury from the last game and his left thigh was heavily strapped up. Came off and two physios were cutting it off and talking to him, think was more precaution than anything else.

Cut his thigh off as a precaution?  ;)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2304 on: June 25, 2014, 11:35:14 pm »
was the risk worth taking?

France already had 6points before Ecuador game... i really don't get such a silly decision from Deschamps. It's not like he doesn't have enough cb's for such unimportant game
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2305 on: June 25, 2014, 11:52:29 pm »

France already had 6points before Ecuador game... i really don't get such a silly decision from Deschamps. It's not like he doesn't have enough cb's for such unimportant game

Don't think he would of risked him if it was too bad, and he wasn't exactly playing like he was injured. Varane was ill apparently which is why couldn't start.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2306 on: June 26, 2014, 12:40:52 am »
Sorry mate, I don't follow?
Sorry I meant if I had watched Sakho for the first time of my life in the Honduras and Swiss games. Sakho would have left a lasting impression on me :)

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2307 on: June 26, 2014, 12:43:01 am »

Agreed

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2308 on: June 26, 2014, 01:46:17 am »
Sorry I meant if I had watched Sakho for the first time of my life in the Honduras and Swiss games. Sakho would have left a lasting impression on me :)

I get ya. Think he'll be the class act at centre back in the Premier League next season.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #2309 on: June 26, 2014, 02:09:09 am »

That's a bit nasty.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline spinaltapped

• Flesh tuxedo?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Rico Suavez
« Reply #2310 on: June 26, 2014, 02:22:48 am »

That's a bit nasty.
I prefer my defenders to be of the nasty c*nt variety. I saw it live and can't say I minded it too much after they showed that he was literally wrapped up in the arms of the opponent about a second earlier.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2311 on: June 26, 2014, 02:59:16 am »
At least he didn't bite him...   :-X

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2312 on: June 26, 2014, 05:50:25 am »

That's a bit nasty.

Although it looks bad I think Sakho was just trying to free his arms from grappling, and because the forward was leaning in he got caught in the face. It happens, it doesn't necessarily mean Sakho threw his elbow at the guy. Only Sakho will know of course, but it could easily be unintentional.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2313 on: June 26, 2014, 05:59:36 am »
I think it was intentional and he shouldn't have done it. Giroud did it later too but the defenders are basically wrestling them so while they shouldn't be swinging elbows in retaliation, the bear hugging needs to stop.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2314 on: June 26, 2014, 07:44:12 am »
I think it was intentional and he shouldn't have done it. Giroud did it later too but the defenders are basically wrestling them so while they shouldn't be swinging elbows in retaliation, the bear hugging needs to stop.
Agree. This is what the ecuadorians was looking for. With some bad luck in referee decision making it could be a red card.

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #2315 on: June 26, 2014, 09:03:24 am »
He couldn't be retrospectively punished for it, could he?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2316 on: June 26, 2014, 09:12:12 am »
He couldn't be retrospectively punished for it, could he?

Nope

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #2318 on: June 26, 2014, 12:49:26 pm »
Mamadou Sakho elbow: France defender could face Fifa disciplinary action like Liverpool team-mate Luis Suarez
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/mamadou-sakho-elbow-france-defender-could-face-fifa-disciplinary-action-like-liverpool-teammate-luis-suarez-9564788.html
If they can prove he meant it then they can prove anything.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2319 on: June 26, 2014, 12:49:58 pm »
Mamadou Sakho elbow: France defender could face Fifa disciplinary action like Liverpool team-mate Luis Suarez
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/mamadou-sakho-elbow-france-defender-could-face-fifa-disciplinary-action-like-liverpool-teammate-luis-suarez-9564788.html

Well obviously he can, but there have been other incidents in the world cup where no action has been taken, I expect it will be the same