Author Topic: Liverpool v West Ham United, 7th December, 3PM.  (Read 28646 times)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Liverpool v West Ham United, 7th December, 3PM.
« on: December 5, 2013, 02:08:23 pm »
Another game, eh? West Ham, provide us with our third game in six days and it's quite a shock to the system being so busy with us being out of Europe. On the back of a great result against Norwich we have another chance to further erase the horror of the Hull result. Our record against the Hammers is pretty good as it stands. They've only beaten us twice since 1999, and they haven't beaten us at Anfield for 50 years. We'll be in no mood for them to end that run - they'll almost certainly set up for a draw and if Fat Sam dares to dream, a late smash and grab.

Personnel wise, it's a tough one to predict for us. Will Lucas come back in? Does Sterling retain his place after a good performance? Ditto Allen? Does Rodgers again tinker with the defensive pairing? I would guess at this point Rodgers probably doesn't know himself. West Ham as we know are a physical, long-ball side and we tend to struggle with sides like that. Big Sam hasn't yet broken down the meaning of the word 'football' and it wouldn't surprise me to see Sakho or Toure come in to deal with their aerial threat.

For West Ham, well they obviously have three ex-players of ours. Andy Carroll is out, and let me say here I hope he gets back to fitness quickly. Joe Cole and Stewart Downing are obviously the other two and it's possible that both could start. I have no ill-feeling towards either of them, it didn't work out for them but that's football. Winston Reid, Ricardo Vaz Te and Mladen Petric are all out for West Ham. Fully expect them to line up with a 4-6-0 formation.

We have no reason to be anything but confident here. Suarez is in the form of his life and the Southampton game aside, our home form is pretty good. I'd take any victory if offered it now, but it's vitally important for us to get another win and build some momentum entering the festive period. There is absolutely zero room for complacency, though, and we need to be at it from the first minute.  Let's fucking have them!

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
Re: Liverpool v West Ham United, 7th December, 3PM.
« Reply #1 on: December 5, 2013, 02:14:38 pm »
Is use a Similar team from the Norwich game, possibly Alberto for Henderson and Sakho for skrtel.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 5, 2013, 02:17:28 pm »
Last season James Collins kept us out with a brilliant display of blocks and last second tackles. We move more freely and more intelligently now and we find goals better than almost any side in the division. The concern is that you can't say we won't concede with a good deal of certainty, a frustrating thing that leaves us open to frustrating results. But while West Ham will be far better organised than Norwich, I reckon we'll put a couple past them. :)

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 5, 2013, 02:20:27 pm »
Exactly the same team for me... if it aint broke and all that.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline LeoMessi

• More Beverley than Barcelona
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: December 5, 2013, 02:21:13 pm »
Ravel Morrison suspended for this, which is good news for us. Would like Sakho and Alberto to start. Hopefully another Suarez show
FCB|LFC

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 5, 2013, 02:22:47 pm »
BANzAi! 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #6 on: December 5, 2013, 02:22:55 pm »
Exactly the same team for me... if it aint broke and all that.
This, you can't perform like you did last night and not reap reward from such continuity. Rodgers may want to make changes, but I'd hope he'd curtail changing it too much. Ravel Morrison being suspended is helpful, he's a genuine goal threat from midfield and can on his day create something from nothing.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 5, 2013, 02:23:28 pm »
I'd be tempted to play Sakho for Agger. Other than that, same team as before!
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #8 on: December 5, 2013, 02:24:57 pm »
Yep, forgot about Morrison being out. Surely another plus, he's a talented but hostile kid.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 5, 2013, 02:32:27 pm »
Carlton Cole's back for them so I expect he or Maiga to start up front and they'll go 4-3-3/4-5-1. Carlton Cole is better in the air so I imagine he'll be the one chosen.

I reckon Allardyce may start Joe Cole on the left - Nolan's been poor in midfield recently and was subbed against Crystal Palace so Diame might be moved inside, alongside Morrison, with Noble in the pivot behind them. Downing could possibly be a threat on the left but if Flanagan keeps his place at left back, Downing will be cutting in on his left foot - onto Flanagan's stronger side, so we might benefit from that.

This will be a battle as to whether we can deal with the balls into the box. We'll dominate possession and hopefully push them back into their own half but I could possibly see them taking advantage of what little spells they may get when they win second balls and put crosses into the box, where we will have to have enough players back. We don't want to continually allow 1v1s in the air in the box against them. The other thing is stopping Noble - he's pretty good on the ball, spreading and switching play for them in front of their backline so we need to stop him playing and not give him time on the ball and/or get behind the ball well enough to stop it being a threat. I think we'll try and press him so whoever plays as a #10, probably Coutinho, is going to have to put in a shift defensively because we don't want them having any spells where they could push us back and cause us problems.

If we score first, we should win fairly comfortably again. Allardyce isn't very good at changing a game so the first half an hour is important. The problem for us is if we go too long without scoring, they might start to dominate in the midfield and put us under pressure in the box.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 5, 2013, 02:34:18 pm »
Sam Alladyce was on the blower to Rodgers..

Sam..."Brendan....couldn't just take off Suarez at half time could yer....for a mate...be a good drink in it for yer...cheers your a pal..."

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #11 on: December 5, 2013, 02:38:39 pm »
Ravel Morrison suspended for this, which is good news for us. Would like Sakho and Alberto to start. Hopefully another Suarez show
Morrison only on 4 yellows not 5

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 5, 2013, 02:41:32 pm »
Morrison only on 4 yellows not 5

Copped a yellow for that after the whistle. Think he's out.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #13 on: December 5, 2013, 02:43:34 pm »
Watch alot of West Ham because of my fiancée, so I hate saying it but they are terrible. They have next to no creativity, with the exception of Ravel Morrison, who has had a terrific start to the season. They have a lot of rubbish in that squad, the likes of McCartney and Joey O'Brien should not be regulars for anyone who wants to stay in this division. Nolan has had a poor season, as has Jaaselinainen and Diame, who has been played out of position alot but he doesn't look like the force he was last season. He doesn't seem to complete a lot of games, don't know if that's anything to do with injury or fitness. The lack of goals in that team could see them stay down there for a long time. I just think they aren't going anywhere under Allardyce and should look to replace him. If Southampton can amass a decent squad, poach a young, progressive coach then why can't West Ham attempt to do the same? They are very generic and lack any form of creativity - even with Downing or Jarvis. He seems reluctant to play them both at the same, it's normally Downing starting with Jarvis on the bench. I watched their game v Fulham at the weekend and although Morrison came off the bench to carry them over the finishing line, I think Downing got MOTM. My other half was delighted with his performance but I was looking at him thinking 'that's the Downing from LFC'. He will get the ball and move it sideways or stop and pass it back. He lacks the confidence he had at Villa, but maybe with Carroll back he could move up a level. He did put in a few dangerous crosses but there was no-one there to attack them until Cole came on.

With regards to this game, I would stick with the same team and just go at them from the first minute and like against Norwich, press them hard and early when they have possession. They don't have the capacity to play around that. I don't like Collins at the back, he has a horrible, horrible tendancy to just play it long - just hoof it whenever he can. If they play Cole they may have a target to hit but without him or Carroll, it should be easy to defend against. They have some big players and we are weak at set pieces so that might be an area we want to work on. I imagine Skrtel will keep his place for this game. Noble seems to have the monopoly on set pieces, to West Ham's detriment, as he just floats them into the box. No pace, to whip just floated into the box. They would be better served letting Downing attempt to take them. Nolan will look to get on the end of anything they win in the air.

No game is a banker, and this is no different. If we want to win we need to work hard - offensively and defensively. I hope Suarez takes his Norwich form into this game, and not his Hull form.

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 5, 2013, 02:43:42 pm »

What a horrible little c*nt he is.

I'd play the same team as yesterday, lot less to talk about this time round. I want to see Sakho though.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2013, 02:45:31 pm by JazzyTinselKnickers »

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 5, 2013, 02:51:31 pm »
Pity Carroll is on the sick. Think Skrtel would do OK against him but when fit he is a handfull...I mean not in a footballing team like us but in a boot first ask questions later mob like West Ham under Fat Sam, he's mayby found his true home.

Keep an eye on Downing, he's bound to come back with the hump and "I'll show them" attitude. No complacency after the weak showing by Norwich.

Have to be on top blob...no slip ups,take a fluky 1-0.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 5, 2013, 02:53:00 pm »

Thats No 4

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 5, 2013, 02:55:29 pm »
Thats No 4

No, it's not. He cant play saturday

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 5, 2013, 02:58:24 pm »
Thats No 4

Got booked in the League Cup this season as well:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/league-cup/10269887/West-Ham-United-2-Cheltenham-Town-1-match-report.html

BBC and BT sport saying he's out as well as is the Premier League website.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 5, 2013, 03:04:11 pm »
Got booked in the League Cup this season as well:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/league-cup/10269887/West-Ham-United-2-Cheltenham-Town-1-match-report.html

BBC and BT sport saying he's out as well as is the Premier League website.
Great as has 4 in the league ;)

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 5, 2013, 03:04:49 pm »

Huh?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 5, 2013, 03:06:27 pm »

4+1=5. I was quite good at maths at school.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hayer

• World Class Whinger. Sorry, winger.....or was I right the first time.....?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 5, 2013, 03:07:15 pm »
Bad feeling about this one to be honest

Offline Mingle

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I believe...
« Reply #24 on: December 5, 2013, 03:11:58 pm »

why...?? I had a gut feling about the Hull result, but that was becuase of the way we have defended away from home in recent weeks...

...but on Saturday I see only a win, maybe not a tonking, but a 2-0 or 3-1 win!

also this is what we SHOULD be seeing!!!
At the end of a storm, Theres a golden sky...Believe in Brendan

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 5, 2013, 03:14:16 pm »
4+1=5. I was quite good at maths at school.
My mistake I didn't know he had one in the league cup , ;)

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #26 on: December 5, 2013, 03:17:43 pm »

I would too if Carroll, Morrison or Reid were playing.  We've regained some momentum now and they won't relish coming to Anfield and having to face Suarez after last night and their own performance and result on Tuesday.  Save for perhaps bringing in Sakho I hope we stick with the same team as last night.

Offline freddwarf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 5, 2013, 03:19:39 pm »

Are you saying Fat Sam will say "right lads kick first then ask questions later".

Have West Ham replaced Southampton as the...."the ale 'ouse team".....a description the late great Bill Shankly used to say about Southampton.

Offline Sucker-Punch

• Main Stander
« Reply #28 on: December 5, 2013, 03:19:45 pm »
Fully expect them to line up with a 4-6-0 formation.

lol  ;D

another big win please...growing momentum for the big boys
“This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #29 on: December 5, 2013, 03:21:29 pm »
Me too. We're lacking the mental competence to tackle Big Sams team. Think it'll be similar to Hull but we'll nick a draw.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 5, 2013, 03:23:47 pm »
Only changes I'd make is Sakho in for Agger to deal with their aerial presence. Other than that, Allen deserves a run in the team after a good erformance last night. :)

Offline freddwarf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 5, 2013, 03:26:21 pm »
Me too. We're lacking the mental competence to tackle Big Sams team. Think it'll be similar to Hull but we'll nick a draw.

Yeah I think you could have hit on something there. Rodgers won't be able to work out Fat sam's tactics..

WH dressing room 10 minutes before kick off..." Right lads, lump it one, right up field, good old fashioned wack.Big boot never did me no harm, kick lumps out of them...no mucking about...lump it, thump it...that's my motto..."

Rodgers won't have a clue..

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #32 on: December 5, 2013, 03:26:50 pm »
Downing has looked pretty good for them everytime i see them. I think he'll be looking to make a statement against us. We've seen him try and get some success when he played for us.

Joe Cole too, looks fitter than he was with us, Nolan is always a tricky customer.

Put a man on Nolan and match their runners and we should be fine. They dont have a recognised striker!

I'd stick with the exact same team against West Ham, its at home so we should be in the driving seat for most of the game.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #33 on: December 5, 2013, 03:33:17 pm »
Ah the 4-6-0. AKA, Fat Sam's Grand Slam. Carroll is actually back in training but he won't make this one. Petric, Maiga and Vaz Te are the options up front. Although they actually are equally likely not to field a forward and try and get Downing and Jarvis to make those late runs. Without Morrison though, I can see it being a difficult tactic to employ. They will in all likelihood need to play one of those three strikers. Away from home, I would expect Vaz Te, maybe Maiga at a push.

They'll try and employ the smash and grab that saw them win at Spurs earlier this season. However, we won't have tried to squeeze all the life up the pitch and we're much more adept at attacking through the middle than Spurs. If Allardyce wants something out of this he's going to have to pack the middle of the park and simply hope that we don't hit the wide areas well. Wing backs would suit us in this one, I'd personally like to see Johnson on the left and Henderson dropped to wing back, if only for this one game.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 5, 2013, 03:53:31 pm »
I think we'll need to make some changes for this one. I noticed before the game last night that we did not have a very physically imposing team. I'm not sure a midfield containing Allen, Coutinho & Sterling is going to be able to stand up to the barrage. Lucas coming back in is a must for me and I might even be tempted to play three centre backs.

That said, West Ham are fucking rubbish at the moment and so long as we don't get bullied we should create a whole heap of chances against them.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 5, 2013, 03:56:20 pm »
I'd be tempted to rest Stevie for this as he's played a lot of minutes recently and must be getting tired, doubt it'll happen though.

Beyond that, I'd give Sakho a game ahead of Agger who got beat in the air a couple of times against Norwich, but keep the rest of the team the same.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #36 on: December 5, 2013, 04:01:35 pm »
Same team. I'll be disappointed if Suarez doesn't score four. The last thing we need is him having a dip in form.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 5, 2013, 04:02:11 pm »
Really desperate to beat any "Big Sam"(loathe that that term!), remember last year when he had time wasting down to fine art,  all going off for a drink and taking ages to get back on and running to the corner when they had a 3 vs 2 on 86 mins!

Suarez will seek revenge on Collins who had a great game against him last year.

No time for caution.

Offline brownbear11

• Kopite
  • aht and aboot, ˇdale!
« Reply #38 on: December 5, 2013, 04:18:23 pm »
Need Sakho in the backline to deal with the aerial threat...personally would start Toure-Sakho in the back. Rest of the team pretty much untouched from yesterday...aside from the long ball, they don't have much offensively, but very stout defense. Rather have Allen over Lucas to exploit that...Aspas and Alberto on late.

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 5, 2013, 04:22:33 pm »
Agree with those saying Sakho for Agger, as much as I love Agger he's been beaten in the air too many times this season. I'd bring Lucas back for Allen, other than that same side.
This is a Liverpool forum. We are not talking about Demba Ba's cock.

My feet are wet but my cups are bone dry! Everything's comin' up Milhouse!