Author Topic: Wear Red, Bring a Scarf - Make the Kop Look Good Again  (Read 78172 times)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Wear Red, Bring a Scarf - Make the Kop Look Good Again
« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2013, 10:01:12 pm »
And I do believe our early kits were blue and white.  ;)

Now thats going to throw a spanner in the works for some of the whinging tw*ts in this thread.  ;)

Quick. Call the Samaratins.  Half of RAWK is going to be on suicide watch.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2013, 10:01:48 pm »
And I do believe our early kits were blue and white.  ;)

Now thats going to throw a spanner in the works for some of the whinging tw*ts in this thread.  ;)

Quick. Call the Samaratins.  Half of RAWK is going to be on suicide watch.

Does that now mean I can't wear blue, red or white to the match?

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: October 30, 2013, 10:07:14 pm »
Then you're making a fashion statement.  :D
or you'd have to miss some games until it turned brown or peeled if your a ginge

Offline red dean

• Main Stander
« Reply #163 on: October 30, 2013, 10:07:33 pm »
Wherever your from you either get it or you don't. And a lot on here just clearly don't
FUCK THE S** JUSTICE 4 THE 96 !!!

"If your going to lose, you might aswell lose to a team with the quality of Liverpool" Alan Smith

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2013, 10:08:05 pm »
Never seen a ginger scouser... apart from Cilla  ;D
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: October 30, 2013, 10:08:19 pm »
All of this locals v's OOts is bullshit of the highest order.

It's not where you're from, its the attitude you carry.

One of my longest match going mates, who's been going since the 70s, is from Cambridge.

He, like a lot of OOTers, 'gets it',

Thats all that matters.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #166 on: October 30, 2013, 10:08:34 pm »
or you'd have to miss some games until it turned brown or peeled if your a ginge

What if it's a cold day and you go red from the freeze?

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2013, 10:09:17 pm »
Wherever your from you either get it or you don't. And a lot on here just clearly don't
aye whatever lad

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2013, 10:10:11 pm »
Never seen a ginger scouser... apart from Cilla  ;D
Jaffa.   ;)

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2013, 10:10:33 pm »
What if it's a cold day and you go red from the freeze?
that's why you need to take your scarf to avoid this

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2013, 10:11:03 pm »

;D

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2013, 10:11:52 pm »

That is a great point! Forgot about that, well made sir!

Offline red dean

• Main Stander
« Reply #172 on: October 30, 2013, 10:12:14 pm »
All of this locals v's OOts is bullshit of the highest order.

It's not where you're from, its the attitude you carry.

One of my longest match going mates, who's been going since the 70s, is from Cambridge.

He, like a lot of OOTers, 'gets it',

Thats all that matters.

I've just said exactly that mate, it's and attitude.

You either get it or you don't

"If your going to lose, you might aswell lose to a team with the quality of Liverpool" Alan Smith

Offline red dean

• Main Stander
« Reply #173 on: October 30, 2013, 10:17:36 pm »
but you were saying ONLY locals can get it though

Look I see where your coming from but my point is only that a lot of OOT's get it just fine

Yeah I went a bit far saying only locals get it. There are a good few lads that we say every week home and away who aren't from liverpool and have the same views

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 30, 2013, 10:19:01 pm »
Right. Now thats sorted, how about a nice cup of tea, and back on topic.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 30, 2013, 10:27:43 pm »
Now we've settled the local v oot shite lets get back on topic.
Yep.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2013, 10:28:03 pm »
Us scousers dont use saucers. OK, gorrit?
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2013, 10:30:00 pm »
Us scousers dont use saucers. OK, gorrit?
I do.  I use red sauce ketchup.  ;D

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 30, 2013, 10:32:02 pm »
Personally I wear colours. Not all the time but most of the time. However, the issue isnt about what people wear but what their attitude is.  Fans need to make some noise that is what helps the team. Fans come to sample the atmosphere rather than create it. That is what has changed not what people wear.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: October 30, 2013, 10:35:07 pm »
I've never really been a fan of wearing replica shirts.

I did up to my early 20s but kind of grew out of it.

For match going, especially away days in this country, it just typcasts you, and marks you out as an away fan, therefore making the police corral you, herd you, and deny you access to pubs and the like.  So wearing colours on an away sometimes doesn't help, or be condusive to a good day out.

At home, I take my trusty scarf to about 80%-90% of games.

The odd games I don't, ios usually if I'm going straight on the piss after the game in town, and don't want the baggage to carry around town all night.

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #180 on: October 31, 2013, 07:21:07 am »
I can't be the only one dumbfounded by this revelation (yes it is to me) that there are whole sections of our supporters who will see the fact that someone is wearing a replica shirt as a negative. How can that even be? Why the hell should it matter? How can that create anything other than a division and sense of dis-unity?

So does this then stretch to the songs too? If someone wearing a replica shirt tries to get a song going do the non-colour-wearers not join in to save face among their 'group'? Is this why the atmosphere is shit?

And what happens if i'm in a Liverpool pub after the match with my replica top on? Am I not worthy?

Obviously I don't "get it"

It's like a bunch of fussy tarts I reckon this isn't a fashion show it's a football match.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #181 on: October 31, 2013, 08:01:14 am »
Does that now mean I can't wear blue, red or white to the match?

Loads already are, I mean half Liverpool- half Everton scarves where do these wools emerge from?
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2013, 08:05:50 am »
I can't be the only one dumbfounded by this revelation (yes it is to me) that there are whole sections of our supporters who will see the fact that someone is wearing a replica shirt as a negative. How can that even be? Why the hell should it matter? How can that create anything other than a division and sense of dis-unity?

So does this then stretch to the songs too? If someone wearing a replica shirt tries to get a song going do the non-colour-wearers not join in to save face among their 'group'? Is this why the atmosphere is shit?

And what happens if i'm in a Liverpool pub after the match with my replica top on? Am I not worthy?

Obviously I don't "get it"

It's like a bunch of fussy tarts I reckon this isn't a fashion show it's a football match.

Don't really remember seeing much of it growing up, kids wore them playing footy but that was about it. Thing its more of a Sky/ Premier generation thing, which maybe why it is greeted with scepticism of some and ridiculed by others.

Its snorkels and Flemmings we need to get back in the ground that'll bring back the atmosphere and the glory days
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 31, 2013, 08:22:10 am »

Which you are watching; not playing in..

Each to their own, but I am fat, forty and look pretty pathetic in a replica shirt..

It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #184 on: October 31, 2013, 08:40:04 am »
Don't really remember seeing much of it growing up, kids wore them playing footy but that was about it. Thing its more of a Sky/ Premier generation thing, which maybe why it is greeted with scepticism of some and ridiculed by others.

Its snorkels and Flemmings we need to get back in the ground that'll bring back the atmosphere and the glory days

Maybe I'm too young to remember but haven't replica shirts been on sale since long before sky tv? I've always thought you wear a replica to the game to create a sea of red to be seen as one, Liverpool. To me it's an extension of the team.

Mock me if you like but I watch every game on the tv wearing my replica shirt. I'm in New Zealand so wake up at 3am, put the shirt on and watch the game. It makes me feel a little bit closer to Liverpool and the team and I'll continue to do so! I'm 31. And I dress my 18month old in his too, sing YNWA to him every day and we watch it together in our replica tops! :P

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: October 31, 2013, 08:40:42 am »
.... I may well dig out my "Flags of all Nations__ '75-76 UEFA Cup Winners" scarf ____epic  ;D

Best ever scarf that

& f
Good point about the youth in Germany. That is something SOS want  some help with (mentioned in the other thread )  so as we don't turn the Kop  into some kind of samba shoed old peoples home

Offline trail182

• Main Stander
« Reply #186 on: October 31, 2013, 08:55:37 am »
Maybe I'm too young to remember but haven't replica shirts been on sale since long before sky tv? I've always thought you wear a replica to the game to create a sea of red to be seen as one, Liverpool. To me it's an extension of the team.

Mock me if you like but I watch every game on the tv wearing my replica shirt. I'm in New Zealand so wake up at 3am, put the shirt on and watch the game. It makes me feel a little bit closer to Liverpool and the team and I'll continue to do so! I'm 31. And I dress my 18month old in his too, sing YNWA to him every day and we watch it together in our replica tops! :P

Good on u mate :)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: October 31, 2013, 10:41:21 am »
Question - could LFC decide to have "free seating" in for example the Kop? Meaning, you buy your ticket to the Kop and there's a limited number of seats/tickets, but once you're in, you get to pick any seat you like. That way you could have friends sit together.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: October 31, 2013, 10:42:58 am »
Question - could LFC decide to have "free seating" in for example the Kop? Meaning, you buy your ticket to the Kop and there's a limited number of seats/tickets, but once you're in, you get to pick any seat you like. That way you could have friends sit together.

Scuffle would be the result.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #189 on: October 31, 2013, 10:43:54 am »

There'd be absolutely no way of telling who was sitting in a certain seat if a missile was thrown either. For crowd control it's a horrendous idea, and the police would never allow it.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: October 31, 2013, 12:05:01 pm »
There'd be absolutely no way of telling who was sitting in a certain seat if a missile was thrown either. For crowd control it's a horrendous idea, and the police would never allow it.

Just an idea for how to get people closer together, as I think that would help improve the atmosphere. When people are allowed to stand (which is common over here), they typically stand next to their friends. Doesn't matter if it's two or fifteen friends, they find a way to be together. This is one of the key differences between standing and seating and hence I think it's a reason why the atmosphere is better when standing is allowed.

But standing is out of the question. Free seating would be a step in the same direction. Maybe it wouldn't have to be the entire stand all at once. A start could be for a limited section. Maybe the police will have to give up some of the control, or perhaps we'd have to work on a different way to monitor the crowd. If we want something to change, then something will have to let go.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: October 31, 2013, 12:12:14 pm »
RTK tried to get 305 I think to be a singing area which meant you could apply to be in there and sit together but that's faded long time now.
Yep.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 31, 2013, 12:19:30 pm »
RTK tried to get 305 I think to be a singing area which meant you could apply to be in there and sit together but that's faded long time now.

Why did it fail?

Offline CharlieAdamsLeftFoot

• has gone to Stoke with his right foot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What you achieve in life, echoes an eternity.
« Reply #193 on: October 31, 2013, 12:32:23 pm »
Why did it fail?

i don't think it really took off. lots of talk on forums but no actions. maybe it could be brought up with the supporters committee now it is established.
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #194 on: October 31, 2013, 02:08:54 pm »
I rarely go to Liverpool games (Due to work mostly) but i always try and either wear a LFC top or take a scarf

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #195 on: October 31, 2013, 02:15:59 pm »
Now we've settled the local v oot shite lets get back on topic.

Apologies, didn't see this till after I'd posted.

My first memory of the Kop is the sheer quntity of scarfs. It's what separted a Liverpool stand from a ifferent club's stand.
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 31, 2013, 05:34:44 pm »
You wont get the noise or the atmosphere whilst the young(er) lads are being priced out.

Doesnt matter how many scarves or replica shirts are on the kop if it's filled with fella's who are reluctant to make any noise and just want to watch the match.

Which they're fully entitled to do, they've paid over the odds for that seat and have more than likely done their 'stint' in being the noise makers.

Someone else also mentioned the youngsters earlier in the thread. After having stood in a crowd recently (over here), I think it's crucial to get the young together. Where I was, they were the ones leading the show. They came with enough flags to hide the entire game for those at the back. :) The slightly older ones had to step aside. Which I'm fine with. Standing was allowed, so it was really self-regulating. The young need to get to the games and they need to get together. Somehow. Let them lead the way and things will be fine.

i don't think it really took off. lots of talk on forums but no actions. maybe it could be brought up with the supporters committee now it is established.

Sounds like a good start at least. I'd guess, it didn't find the right format, or there were still too many rules attached. Get a few hundred young supporters together. Or allow the regular away supporters to get together. In one section, two, or three. Somehow. Let them stand (or allow them not to be seated, if that's more appropriate). Allow them to wave some flags, even if it means someone's view is affected. Give it a few weeks.

I think it's necessary to try a few different formats before a winner is found.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #197 on: October 31, 2013, 06:09:40 pm »
No modern trend that mate. I, like many have never wore colours.....Well OK, a sun hat back in the day and the odd pin-badge, but nothing more.

Our fan-base was(not sure now like :P), very very fashion conscious and wearing your colours has never been a bad thing, just a  fashion faux pas.

Liar.

Everybody wore a jester hat in Istanbul.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 31, 2013, 06:29:58 pm »
Liar.

Everybody wore a jester hat in Istanbul.

Not in the fez section.

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 31, 2013, 06:43:08 pm »
My college American football team does this for students. You show up and at the gate they give you a ticket with your seat number on it. That way you can show up with all your friends and sit next to each other (since they give out the tickets in order). With some sort of computerized matching system (matching the "voucher" you give them at the gate with the ticket you get there), they could keep track of where people are too, for security purposes and whatnot. Would be a ridiculous hassle to implement, but its an idea that definitely works.