Author Topic: José Enrique Sánchez  (Read 124758 times)

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: José Enrique Sánchez
« Reply #160 on: November 9, 2013, 05:05:29 pm »
Never been so happy to have him back

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #161 on: November 9, 2013, 06:32:47 pm »
Thank fuck he is back !!

A lot more confident for the derby now. Think he looked good in his cameo and pushed the team forward to get more goals.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 9, 2013, 06:37:29 pm »

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: November 9, 2013, 11:47:25 pm »
Enrique is a good player but to be honest, if we're delighted that he's back, that tells you that there's a huge problem that needs addressing. I'd be throwing huge money at Southampton for Shaw.

It would solve a position that's crippled us for nearly two decades, for the next 10 years.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2013, 03:46:09 am »
Enrique is a good player but to be honest, if we're delighted that he's back, that tells you that there's a huge problem that needs addressing. I'd be throwing huge money at Southampton for Shaw.

It would solve a position that's crippled us for nearly two decades, for the next 10 years.

Shaw is nailed on to end up at Chelsea sadly.

I think Enrique is a good player (and much better than Cissokho) but agree we need a starting quality LB.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #165 on: November 10, 2013, 04:13:57 am »
He had a strange cameo, IMO. Cissokho was rather poor, arguably the worst player on the team. So by the time Enrique came in, that left side got largely ignored and he was isolated for most of the time. Strange.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline simsim

• Kopite
  • High tempo pass and move is the Liverpool groove
« Reply #166 on: November 10, 2013, 10:39:03 pm »

I think Enrique is a good player (and much better than Cissokho) but agree we need a starting quality LB.

Think both Manc clubs will have a say in his destination both clubs need a left back

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: November 10, 2013, 11:43:14 pm »
Mentioned elsewhere but he had 30 touches in half the time that Cissokho took to have 31. Johnson had a hundred plus.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: November 11, 2013, 02:17:35 pm »

Just get Alberto Moreno. Linked with him in the summer. Great player

Cissokho won't be here long unless he improves a lot. Glad to have Enrique back specially with the derby coming up
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2013, 11:02:14 am »
Right.  Bad news with Enrique.  Looks to me like we might have cissohko at left back for a little while longer.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2013, 12:21:53 pm »
Right.  Bad news with Enrique.  Looks to me like we might have cissohko at left back for a little while longer.

??

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2013, 01:25:41 pm »

Explain?

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: November 14, 2013, 01:26:17 pm »
??

Just going to have to take my word on this, but he's struggling with his injury.  A mod can PM me if they want

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: November 14, 2013, 01:41:20 pm »
on twitter

@ozzylfc24 2h
jose enrique just been in here with the doc lads not walking very good at all!!! #lfc

don't know how true that is, but it's not a secret that jose has had problems, was on the official site after last game saying he's had problems with his knee since the 1-0 over utd

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2013, 01:49:31 pm »
on twitter

@ozzylfc24 2h
jose enrique just been in here with the doc lads not walking very good at all!!! #lfc

don't know how true that is, but it's not a secret that jose has had problems, was on the official site after last game saying he's had problems with his knee since the 1-0 over utd

I work at the place where he's been... So I know whats happened

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2013, 02:21:16 pm »
I work at the place where he's been... So I know whats happened
Any chance you can afford to be slightly less cryptic?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2013, 02:22:00 pm »
Hasn't he been struggling with this injury since Brendan first took over?

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: November 14, 2013, 02:35:31 pm »
Bugger as like to see him back asap. Cissoko did alright last game but he is a potential liability more than anything else against the better teams I fear
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: November 14, 2013, 02:36:58 pm »
Any chance you can afford to be slightly less cryptic?

I work in the department where he's had his scans and what else he's had.  I cant say more in case I get fired.   But I've seen him and know what he's had done and he was in that much pain he was put in a hospital chair as he was struggling even with walking.  Hows that?

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 14, 2013, 02:38:54 pm »
I wouldn't be particularly worried about this for the Everton match at least, their main threat is primarily down the left-hand flank anyway so it's a newly-back Johnson they'll be primarily competing with, as well as Henderson, you'd imagine.
We've got an international break anyway, so hopefully Enrique can be fit in time.

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2013, 02:46:59 pm »
I work in the department where he's had his scans and what else he's had.  I cant say more in case I get fired.   But I've seen him and know what he's had done and he was in that much pain he was put in a hospital chair as he was struggling even with walking.  Hows that?

Sounds awful, hopefully he'll be ok.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2013, 02:59:22 pm »
I'm almost tempted to throw in Ryan Mclaughlin rather than Cissokho who looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2013, 03:02:10 pm »

Do you want a bet?
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2013, 03:08:28 pm »

Personally I don't see the problem with Enrique. Admittedly, I've not go the greatest footballing brain, but it's clear hes great at attacking, composed on the ball, good at getting out of tight situations and not affraid of putting in a tackle. I like him and think he's one of the best left backs we've had in recet times.
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2013, 03:11:23 pm »
Do you want a bet?
Why the confidence he won't?As for Cissoko after his first few games for us he reminds me of Djimi Traore.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2013, 03:15:58 pm »
Why the confidence he won't?As for Cissoko after his first few games for us he reminds me of Djimi Traore.

I didn't say I was confident. I'm trying to work out if he knows something about Shaw joining Chelsea or if it's just hot air from him.
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2013, 03:16:09 pm »
Out of interest, anyone seen much of that Siqueira lad we tried to sign who ended up at Benfica this season?

Could see us going back in for him if Benfica don't take up the option to buy...

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2013, 03:23:10 pm »
I didn't say I was confident. I'm trying to work out if he knows something about Shaw joining Chelsea or if it's just hot air from him.
Probably just down to the fact that Ashley Cole is coming to the end of his career and Shaw looks like a ready made replacement to take over and the fact that apparently he is also a Chelsea fan is a bonus.But nothing is nailed on in football.Anyway as for Enrique the sooner he is back the better.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2013, 03:24:09 pm »

It's pretty widely reported that Shaw is a Rent-boy.

From Twitting that he's a fan, favorite colour is blue and that the best shirt he's swapped is Cashley Cole.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2013, 03:49:26 pm »
Out of interest, anyone seen much of that Siqueira lad we tried to sign who ended up at Benfica this season?

Could see us going back in for him if Benfica don't take up the option to buy...

12 million seemed a bit steep at the time but quality fullbacks are key to the way we play.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #190 on: November 14, 2013, 03:54:33 pm »

That doesn't sound good at all.

If that's true that he's struggling walking then I think we are going to be seeing Cissokho for quite a few games. It's strange because all we heard was that it was being managed, and he seemed to walk off fine after Saturday.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:58:20 pm by Number 7 »
YWNA

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2013, 04:06:08 pm »

Given that he played against Fulham, and the image of him not being able to walk, but no mention of any ligament injuries in the media, I'd take an educated guess at a cartilage issue. Not looking for confirmation or anything, because he has the right to medical privacy, but if I were to take a guess, that's what it sounds like. And the issue I'm thinking of is not pleasant at all.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2013, 04:17:12 pm »
Given that he played against Fulham, and the image of him not being able to walk, but no mention of any ligament injuries in the media, I'd take an educated guess at a cartilage issue. Not looking for confirmation or anything, because he has the right to medical privacy, but if I were to take a guess, that's what it sounds like. And the issue I'm thinking of is not pleasant at all.
Does the fact he's been struggling with his knee for over 3 months and they seemingly just tried to treat it with rest fit into the prognosis you're thinking of?

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: November 14, 2013, 04:30:21 pm »
A left back this Jan might be on our wish list. Hopefully Jose can get back to full fitness asap and until then either Cissoko will do or maybe swop Johnson out wide and bring back Wisdom for right back or get Kelly fit.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #194 on: November 14, 2013, 04:34:18 pm »
Does the fact he's been struggling with his knee for over 3 months and they seemingly just tried to treat it with rest fit into the prognosis you're thinking of?

Pretty much. If it is what I think it is, he'll probably have issues with it for the rest of his career.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline MTred406

• Anny Roader
« Reply #195 on: November 14, 2013, 04:41:38 pm »
Not good, Cissoko is nowhere near good enough at the moment.  The way we play is so dependent on the fullbacks creating width that our game really suffers if they are struggling.  We may have to buy a LB in January if he can't get fit.  In the short term I wonder if BR will consider moving Johnson over to LB, and playing Kelly at RB.

Offline koppper

• Berrg
  • Kopite
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #196 on: November 14, 2013, 04:50:45 pm »
I know Ilori is for the future but it may be worth a try out at some point over the next few weeks? He has pace, can tackle and is an excellent passer.
My postillion has been struck by lightning

I am the berrgman

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2013, 04:53:42 pm »
Not good, Cissoko is nowhere near good enough at the moment.  The way we play is so dependent on the fullbacks creating width that our game really suffers if they are struggling.  We may have to buy a LB in January if he can't get fit.  In the short term I wonder if BR will consider moving Johnson over to LB, and playing Kelly at RB.
I'd rather play Henderson at RB and Glen LB.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2013, 04:55:28 pm »
A left back this Jan might be on our wish list. Hopefully Jose can get back to full fitness asap and until then either Cissoko will do or maybe swop Johnson out wide and bring back Wisdom for right back or get Kelly fit.

Or Switch Johnson to Left back and move Henderson to right back with Allen playing in the midfield 3.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2013, 05:01:17 pm »
I'd rather play Henderson at RB and Glen LB.

Was just thinking that as Henderson is solid going forward and no slouch in covering back. Of course that move affects 3 positions / players Johnson left, Henderson back and Allen in I guess. A lot of chess pieces moved to fill in for dodgy left back Cissoko.

Maybe just leaving Agger out there as left back with Sakho inside him as both together would suffice you think. Might not get a lot of bursting runs on the left but you don't get that right now anyway with Cissoko and the midfield look to the right side 80% of the time