Author Topic: Suarez Thread  (Read 301362 times)

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legend
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Suarez Thread
« Reply #2000 on: July 25, 2013, 05:42:45 PM »
Why the fuck would any players want to come to Liverpool if we are selling our biggest star

Soldado and Bernard are not coming here

They will join Spurs, Arsenal, Porto

If we really wanted to persuade him to stay, we should have signed some top class players. We have signed decent players who improve the squad but so far this summer we have a net spend of just about zero.

Had we signed Mikhtaryan or someone of that class Suarez may have looked at the side and thought ....ok, i'll give it one more year.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legend
« Reply #2001 on: July 25, 2013, 05:42:59 PM »
Its more like realising he really wants out now but ultimately he could still be here if nobody offers his worth.

He made it clear he wanted out when he talked shite in the Uruguay interviews It's obvious that Pere Guardiola has shopped Suarez around Europe in the last few weeks and I get the impression that Luis really didn't expect to be joining up with us in Australia.

Offline eryder

• Main Stander
  • The end of the match.
« Reply #2002 on: July 25, 2013, 05:43:47 PM »
 If anyone offers over £50 Mil. we should bite their hand off or let Luis do it for us. ;)
Billy Beane is not my lover

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legend
« Reply #2003 on: July 25, 2013, 05:44:24 PM »
we are better letting real have him for the fee they got for higuain.

That's the point of this whole pantomime, isn't it? Manipulating us to a point where we accept less to sell him to Real than we would have otherwise.
"Don't be frightened to really enjoy it because as players and staff, we will." Brendan Rodgers on the run-in

Online Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • JFT96
« Reply #2004 on: July 25, 2013, 05:44:32 PM »
I really hope Luis and his Reps went into that last contract negotiation thinking they got a 40m buy out clause for a CL team if we don't make it. Then we sat there thinking.....were got your fucking number, learn the laws of the English game first and the small print.
"Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore." - Brendan Rodgers

PSN I.D: Upinsmoke2k7

Online TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legend
« Reply #2005 on: July 25, 2013, 05:44:48 PM »
Reminds me when Torres left and everyone came to that realisation he was leaving. This doesn't hurt me as much as Torres because I adored him more but I do think this is more disgusting from Suarez given how we've backed the lad. I've got in fights over this plater, almost lost my job kicking off on people who gave him and the club shit, pathetic I know but there you go.

I feel like a right prick

When people have stated to me that Suarez is a racist biting thug

Why have we been so blind to defend him

When he's no more than a backstabbing hypocrite

Torres wanted CL football and to challenge for the title

Suarez just wants out - fucks knows what we have done to him

Fuck it We have been the only people in England to defend the stupid prick

Arsenal fans booed the shit out of him

If I was Brendan I would show Suarez videos of Arsenal supporters booing his every touch

Then show the Liverpool players wearing the Suarez shirts and our fans cheering and singing his name
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Butter Keks

• Legend
« Reply #2006 on: July 25, 2013, 05:45:27 PM »
Why the fuck would any players want to come to Liverpool if we are selling our biggest star

Spurs sold Modric and are now being pressured in to selling Bale, Arsenal sold Fabregas and Van Persie, Porto sold Falcao, James Rodriguez and Moutinho.

Strange post.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legend
« Reply #2007 on: July 25, 2013, 05:45:28 PM »
That's the point of this whole pantomime, isn't it? Manipulating us to a point where we accept less to sell him to Real than we would have otherwise.
Arsenal NEED a big signing.

There will be uproar down there this year if they cheap out again.

Offline Paul5star

• Main Stander
« Reply #2008 on: July 25, 2013, 05:46:27 PM »

Don't cry suck an onion!

Grow up!

Offline CLASSYCARRA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
« Reply #2009 on: July 25, 2013, 05:46:35 PM »
I actually think we have a great hand, because we just signed him to a new contract.  Without that, this would be a completely different situation, but even if we were to park him on the bench he'd still be worth 35 million or more next summer.  Probably close to 50 million again, in all honesty.

And let's be honest, there's no way he's going to sit on the bench.  He'll pout and whinge for a bit, then he'll realise that he has no other choice and start playing again.  More than likely, playing very well.

That's our leverage.  Not trying to pretend that Real are a realistic option and that Arsenal need to increase their bid to compete.  It's that we can simply keep him, and play him, and enjoy him scoring goals for us.

i agree, we should be in a position of power.

we should get that fat c*nt guardiola to do some work for us and talk to all the clubs he's been asked to whore luis out to and tell them they have until a certain date to pay exactly the amount of money that we want, or he will be with us for the season

Online TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legend
« Reply #2010 on: July 25, 2013, 05:46:56 PM »
If we really wanted to persuade him to stay, we should have signed some top class players. We have signed decent players who improve the squad but so far this summer we have a net spend of just about zero.

Had we signed Mikhtaryan or someone of that class Suarez may have looked at the side and thought ....ok, i'll give it one more year.

But who have Arsenal signed

Fabregas No
Higuin No
Reina No
Cesar No
Bernard Not Yet
Fellini No

Fact is Wenger is so full of fucking shit!!
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legend
« Reply #2011 on: July 25, 2013, 05:47:01 PM »
Arsenal NEED a big signing.

There will be uproar down there this year if they cheap out again.

Not Pere Guardiola's problem.
"Don't be frightened to really enjoy it because as players and staff, we will." Brendan Rodgers on the run-in

Online Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • JFT96
« Reply #2012 on: July 25, 2013, 05:47:09 PM »

If I was Brendan I would show Suarez videos of Arsenal supporters booing his every touch

Then show the Liverpool players wearing the Suarez shirts and our fans cheering and singing his name

We do it cos that's what we do and no doubt we'll get hurt again doing it but I wouldn't have it any other way because I don't know any other way than to blindly back one of us.
"Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore." - Brendan Rodgers

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legend
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #2013 on: July 25, 2013, 05:47:17 PM »

That's a crap poem mate.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline HighSix

• Legend
  • walk on...
« Reply #2014 on: July 25, 2013, 05:47:50 PM »
Oh and there's only one bidder....

Seriously, arsenal aren't going to pay £50m, so he will either kick up a storm or stay.

For just one bidder we are doing well to be getting so close to our reported asking price. If Arsenal add a couple of million & a few extra add ons inaddition to Suarez either handing in a transfer request or just opting to sacrifice his 'loyalty' bonus it must be close to the 50m mark.... 40m for a second bid is not bad with only one club currently interested.

Offline bigbear

• Legend
« Reply #2015 on: July 25, 2013, 05:48:51 PM »
But who have Arsenal signed

Fabregas No
Higuin No
Reina No
Cesar No
Bernard Not Yet
Fellini No

Fact is Wenger is so full of fucking shit!!
I'm not saying Suarez should go to Arsenal but I fail to see why there should be massively increased optimism from his perspective that we will come 4th really with what we've signed.

Online Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • JFT96
« Reply #2016 on: July 25, 2013, 05:49:00 PM »
Want all the money up front as well, no installments.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legend
« Reply #2017 on: July 25, 2013, 05:49:10 PM »
Instead of getting pissed off and calling the man for everything you should all just be glad you got too see a really special player at your club for 2 years. We move on and hope someone similar crops up in the future.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Online TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legend
« Reply #2018 on: July 25, 2013, 05:49:10 PM »
Spurs sold Modric and are now being pressured in to selling Bale, Arsenal sold Fabregas and Van Persie, Porto sold Falcao, James Rodriguez and Moutinho.

Strange post.

Hardly strange

Just think you missed my point

Porto are the ultimate feeder club

Hulk, Falcao etc etc

All I'm saying is be seem to be such an unattractive club for top talent

Offline tommyLFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • LFC: No diving allowed!!
« Reply #2019 on: July 25, 2013, 05:49:46 PM »
I think it's important to not let this change us as a fanbase. Just because Suarez let us down after we stood in the trenches beside him doesn't mean others will. Just because Torres thought blue would make him look prettier than red doesn't mean others will.

Don't let them change us.

It bloody hurts now, of course it does. Fuck me I nearly came to blows with lads down the local pub defending Suarez. And looking back, I feel like a fool, and let down at the same time.

But then I think of a lad like Daniel Agger. Someone who has been here since the years of Champions League finals, through to Hodgson and he's still standing tall. With YNWA tattooed on his knuckles no less. A man who was last week linked with Barcelona, but there was no "it would be hard to turn Barcelona down" from him. A man who was linked with City all summer last year and ended that summer by signing a new contract in August. A man who I genuinely feel gets excited by walking out at Anfield and wants to take us back to the top. A man who I feel we should get attached to. A man who I will jump in the trenches with, without fear of being let down. Maybe loyalty isn't dead.

Then I look at Coutinho and that kid can reach the sky. It's easy to think he'll just bolt at the first flash of Chamopions League knickers, and not get too attached to him. But you know what? I love how attached I (and I'm guessing a lot of you) get attached to players and treat them like mates rather than footballers. Or as Rodgers said of Suarez, we treated him like a son. And I'm convinced that will have a huge affect on 95% of footballers.

Who knows where we'll be in 10 years? Maybe we'll be saying Coutinho is the best Liverpool player in history, or Mignolet has shown loyalty is alive and well. Maybe Martin Kelly will be kissing the European Cup and lifting it up high before passing it to Lucas. I like to think that we as fans make our players feel 10 feet tall, and we do that by emotionally investing in them and treating them like long lost friends. Just because we've been let down before doesn't mean we will be again.

Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Your task is a simple one Brendan: make us dream again!

Offline Dakota

• Kopite
« Reply #2020 on: July 25, 2013, 05:50:35 PM »

Yes, because self-hating defeatist neurosis is the be all, end all of all these deals.

If any Brazilian ends up in Porto, it has fck all to do with who Liverpool is selling and everything to do with his minders wanting to make an extra buck via Porto, a well-oiled machine for third party ownership, ie that little scheme that's outlawed in the league in which Liverpool plays. 

I have a hard time imagining any Spanish striker hoping to play for the reigning World Champions in a WC year shedding crocodile tears at the prospect of NOT playing with renowned altruist and not-at-all-ball-hogging Luis Suarez btw, but that's pure conjecture. Just saying that this is the wrong rod with which to beat this club, even though many jump at any opportunity.
Pour from the barrel, new lies on the old, and are praised for kind
Wisdom. Poor bitch be wise.
No: you'll still mumble in a corner a crust of truth, to men and gods disgusting

Offline bigbear

• Legend
« Reply #2021 on: July 25, 2013, 05:50:53 PM »
Not Pere Guardiola's problem.
Course it's not but it is Arsenal's and why if they want that big star they will have to pay what we want for him. Not a penny (or in their case a pound) more and not a penny less.

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legend
« Reply #2022 on: July 25, 2013, 05:52:39 PM »
If we wait too long, even if we get the extra money for him, we won't be able to spend it which will affect our season. If we sell now, we still have time to bring people in. If we scare Arsenal off with the price, then Suarez ends up staying here and I don't think anyone really wants that after what has gone down, especially Suarez.

What is the big deal with Suarez staying another year?  I don't care what he wants, because for him to leave both what he and the club wants have to be taken into consideration.  It's not like Suarez is the first player to have this sort of problem arise.  City, for example, won the title with Tevez playing golf for half the season!

As for waiting too long, one thing to remember is we still have quite a bit of money to spend, as evident by our pursuit of Mkhitaryan, which definitely appeared unrelated to any potential Suarez transfer, and only failed because we came up against BvB.  In fact, getting the Suarez money after making a marquee purchase of a player who could either play with Suarez or become his replacement, might help prevent the transfer fee of said player being inflated due to the other club knowing we have a shit ton of money coming in through Suarez's sale.

Also, the panicked call to "sell now", while understandable, should not really be considered (but not necessarily implemented) until the last week of the window.  First of all, Suarez is suspended 6 games so his saga will not disrupt our first two games on the pitch, since he won't be on it anyways.  Secondly, one week left in a window would be enough, if we are prepared - which I expect we are - to bring in a quality signing with some of his money.  Thirdly, part of this "sell now" defeatist mentality is related to the Carroll fiasco, which is unlikely to be repeated because Comolli is no longer in charge and the club is now buying players in relation to a clearly establish style of play, rather than Comolli's mentality of buying prospects and/or talented players without really considering if they meshed with each other, along with the fact that at the time we did not really have such structure in our play (Carrool/Torres came only 2-3 weeks after Hodgson was fired, an obvious period of flux compared to our current relative stability - such instability can easily lead to poor planning/gunslinging/carelessness characteristic of the last day of that particular transfer window)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 05:55:45 PM by shook »

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • DON'T LET THE YANKS TAKE OUR RAFA AWAY.
« Reply #2023 on: July 25, 2013, 05:53:17 PM »
Course it's not but it is Arsenal's and why if they want that big star they will have to pay what we want for him. Not a penny (or in their case a pound) more and not a penny less.

and suarez doesnt like it he can have a a great prep for the world cup by being on the bench every week....and not getting on.
skillz pay the billz hehe

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Rogered.
« Reply #2024 on: July 25, 2013, 05:53:26 PM »
i love how folk expect players to be loyal when clubs can be just as bad,it works both ways when Liverpool think a player is not good enough they sell him on so they can get a replacement in who they rate, so why the hell should we expect players to be loyal ? look at Reina as soon as his form has dipped we're looking to replace him so why cant players do the same? we're clearly not challenging so why should suarez not look to move elsewhere?
And one more thing about loyalty though Azi that a lot of people have overlooked. I give mine willingly free of charge. If a player is shipped out as surplus to requirements, he's paid a hefty loyalty bonus from the club. So do I expect them to be loyal? Damn fucking right, to the tune of the amount of loyalty bonus in their contracts. If a player wants to be disloyal and turn his back on the club, then meh, not much you can do. But I think we've got every right to express our disgust for someone's lack of loyalty when they still want to use that very concept to weaken our coffers even further by extracting a bonus at the end of their stay here.
On the subject of loyalty a few pages back, and with the images of Jakarta and Melbourne fresh in my mind, this stunning address came to mind . . .
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uc_XSdOLFSU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Uc_XSdOLFSU</a>

Apologies if this has been posted in the thread previously (perish the thought).

Modern football eh?
IPCC on Bettison:". . . attempts to manipulate and manage the perception of the referral of complaints about him, for his own self-interest, is particularly concerning. It is also conduct that falls far short of what should be expected of any Chief Constable.
Sign here: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline LFCsupporter

• Kopite
  • We won it like five times
« Reply #2025 on: July 25, 2013, 05:54:31 PM »
We don't seem to have too many deals lined up and those 50 millions won't fetch much quality in the crazy 'market' nowadays. Who can we realistically bring in to replace him? Bernard/Mkhitaryan level players will be after the champions league teams, while anyone below them would send the wrong message to the fan base as well as the squad. Brendan will be thrashed in every interview from the scumbag journos about letting Suarez go, about the new signings taking their time to settle in, about the lack of big names left at the club etc. Meanwhile it'll be the breakthrough all the Arse fans were waiting for - a big name with a lot of quality who'll give their whole squad a confidence boost. They'd be nailed on to get into the top four and we'll be biting our elbows. It's suicide. Even if he does a Tevez and disappears, I'd rather he stays our player
Daniel Sturridge? Might as well give the spot to N'Gog. He's just as good - if not better  -  Alonso_The_Assasin

Online Red_Rich

• Legend
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #2026 on: July 25, 2013, 05:57:13 PM »
Still can't understand why City or Chelsea haven't come in for him yet.

IMO he would guarantee either of them two the league title.

Maybe he looks so fucking fed up right now because only a slightly better team than us have bid for him and none of the really big boys are bothered? (even after all of his whoring himself about at the Confeds cup in June)

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2027 on: July 25, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »
Hardly strange

Hulk, Falcao etc etc

Sell Suarez and buy Porto, the entire club!
"We have a manager, we have a team which will not change this year, we have games to play and matches to win. Get behind them, back them, give them our best support and lets see what they can do"

VdM

Offline bigbear

• Legend
« Reply #2028 on: July 25, 2013, 05:58:59 PM »
and suarez doesnt like it he can have a a great prep for the world cup by being on the bench every week....and not getting on.

I think if we were to keep him because we didn't get the price we wanted, by the time he was available to play after suspension (late September or whatever), he would be back in the right mindset, especially if we can have any kind of decent start. Uruguay will have some important qualifiers in early September too so he will want to be fit for them.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legend
« Reply #2029 on: July 25, 2013, 05:59:08 PM »

You miss my point. I doubt Arsenal is his 'dream club', don't you?

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • DON'T LET THE YANKS TAKE OUR RAFA AWAY.
« Reply #2030 on: July 25, 2013, 06:00:02 PM »
I think if we were to keep him because we didn't get the price we wanted, by the time he was available to play after suspension (late September or whatever), he would be back in the right mindset, especially if we can have any kind of decent start. Uruguay will have some important qualifiers in early September too so he will want to be fit for them.

actually forgot about the qualifiers.

arent they at risk at not qualifying too?
skillz pay the billz hehe

Online Red_Rich

• Legend
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #2031 on: July 25, 2013, 06:00:11 PM »
The only saving grace here is that it's impossible for him to join United.  Had the Evra affair not happened I reckon they would have steamed in and mad a bid by now.

Offline bigbear

• Legend
« Reply #2032 on: July 25, 2013, 06:00:54 PM »
You miss my point. I doubt Arsenal is his 'dream club', don't you?
Of course it's not, he wants Madrid understandably.

I don't think he will spit his dummy out if we reject an undervalued bid from Arsenal. If Madrid offered 41m and we turned it down we might see a Mascherano.

Offline tommyLFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • LFC: No diving allowed!!
« Reply #2033 on: July 25, 2013, 06:00:55 PM »
Still can't understand why City or Chelsea haven't come in for him yet.

IMO he would guarantee either of them two the league title.

Maybe he looks so fucking fed up right now because only a slightly better team than us have bid for him and none of the really big boys are bothered? (even after all of his whoring himself about at the Confeds cup in June)

I think he feels he has burnt all his bridges here, which he probably had.

It was stupid by him going about it the way he did and he's put himself in an impossible position. He is probably a bit embarrassed by his action now that he is back with liverpool and no doubt he thought he's be in Madrid by now.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Your task is a simple one Brendan: make us dream again!

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
« Reply #2034 on: July 25, 2013, 06:01:10 PM »
I think it's obvious why he wasnt mentioned.

I don't.
YNWA

RIP Anne Williams - Liverpool's Iron Lady.

Offline bigbear

• Legend
« Reply #2035 on: July 25, 2013, 06:01:24 PM »
actually forgot about the qualifiers.

arent they at risk at not qualifying too?
Very much so. They have 2 games on 6th and 10th September and they need points big time. He will want to be fit for then.

If he stays he will be ready for us away at Sunderland on 29 Sept so he would have had a couple of meaningful games under his belt just before.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 06:09:46 PM by bigbear »

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • Kopite
« Reply #2036 on: July 25, 2013, 06:01:28 PM »

Strange post.

Spurs sold Modric and I would argue that they are still missing what he brought to the table; baring the miracle year from Bale I believe Spurs looks worse off without Modric.

Arsenal have a certain fight and balance which means they can do this sort of thing; lose top players and still have the drive to keep 4th place; we do not really have this drive, or we would have done better than we have done the last few years, and we certainly don't have the same consistency as them.

Porto live off selling their best players: with easy access to South Americas best at cheap prices, and league that is easy enough to win with a weakened side but hard enough to develop prospects into top class players, and a relatively minimal expectation in the Champions League all add up to selling their best players for loads is a very viable option for them.

Truth is we COULD come out of this with a better team than before, but it's hardly a given and will be extremely hard to pull off; we either get potential who won't be as good as Suarez but may be in the future (at which point we have the risk of these players wanting out because they believe they have developed beyond our ambitions) we try and by a couple of players which replace Suarez as a whole which again is very hard because we have to identify the limited number of players who will do this, and then we have to hope they come here, or finally we could spend the money on many positions to strengthen the entire team, which again may not work out, since we may not get the right players, and even if we do, we may become a well functioning team which misses that little spark that can win games from nothing.

I'm not saying these scenarios will happen, just saying they are fesably possible, and also saying that we shouldn't kid ourselves that replacing Suarez is going to be an easy task, or that it is the best possible situation the team could have had.

Help my friend who is aspiring to be a sports journalist get an internship by viewing his blog. He writes better stuff than most other sports journo's: http://tomkellywriting.wordpress.com/

Offline Redpross1

• Main Stander
« Reply #2037 on: July 25, 2013, 06:02:16 PM »
Why don't we come back at Arsenal and start saying they can have Suarez for Wiltshire and Walcot plus £10M...... see how they like all the bollocks that surrounds these protracted transfer discussions. This Summer has been the worst I've known for complete bollocks.

If the say its ridiculous we'll just say they started it!!!

On another point how come with all the speculation surrounding the likes of Rooney, Bale, et al it looks like we're the only ones that are going to sell their prize asset?

Offline Butter Keks

• Legend
« Reply #2038 on: July 25, 2013, 06:02:24 PM »
Hardly strange

Hulk, Falcao etc etc

You mean we are an unattractive club for top names? Top names want short terms success or an outrageous wage package - We offer neither.

What we can do is compete in the market for players who are on the verge of becoming top names. Rodgers actually said this in the recent TAW podcast. We are still an attractive club in a very attractive league, we just dont shop at the top end at the moment.

Don't forget we have just pissed off both Valenica and Barcelona (who have gone crying to the Spanish FA) by signing their excellent prospects. If Suarez goes then we move on and carry on the rebuilding project.

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legend
« Reply #2039 on: July 25, 2013, 06:02:53 PM »
Of course it's not, he wants Madrid understandably.

I don't think he will spit his dummy out if we reject an undervalued bid from Arsenal. If Madrid offered 41m and we turned it down we might see a Mascherano.

Are you referring to the rumored refusal to play?  If Suarez does that I'm reasonably confident Rodgers will fine him similar to what City did with Tevez.  Suarez will have difficulty getting public support for his position, given his past history.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 06:04:31 PM by shook »