As last season I also thought I’d post a walkthrough for troubles, annoying things in the way, tips, etc., that might be useful for you:
- Having trouble with ads and whatnot getting in the way? Adblock Plus (for Firefox
and Google Chrome
) should do the trick. (If there are any ads left e.g. in front of your stream, just press the little x that appears in the window of the stream.)
- Having problems with pages/streams not loading or taking quite a while to load? I'd recommend downloading CCleaner
: it's a good and easy to use software that can search the registry for errors and/or clean the internet cache, etc., which should make your computer and internet browsing faster.
- Are you abroad and you want to watch/read UK based pages (for UK only)? There are quite a few but Expatshield
(Windows only, though) usually does the trick and it's free. What is does is that it assigns you a UK IP address, which means you can watch/read whatever you want from the UK, being abroad.
- Does AceStream do nothing but buffer for you? Perhaps this could help (Thanks indlfc
for providing with the link and credits to mtty2465
in the wiziwig forum for providing with the settings):
1) In the settings you need to set the TS maximum upload speed to the maximum, leave the value "0" (default).
2) In the setting of TS increase buffer Live 2-3 times (20-30 seconds) or more.
3) Then, increase number of peers in 2 times. Maximum number of connections - 400, the maximum number of connections to the stream - 100.
4) If your computer is connected through a router, you must open port 8621.
5) Also, the router to enable UPnP, if it is off.
- Having problems with SopCast? Here are some troubleshooting on making it run smoother
- Don't forget to download the latest version of SopCast
! You could have problems with the streams if you don't update it. There is also SopCast for Mac
- Do you want to watch flash streams on your iPad/iPhone? Try the Puffin app
! (Thanks to MichaelA
for confirming that it works)
- How do you watch SopCast through VLC? (Tip from the Wiziwig forum
It's quite easy to watch SopCast through VLC if you know how. Very helpful when you want to watch some specific channels which only work with VLC. You only have to setup this once and you can use it all the time.
1) Make sure to have the latest version of Sopcast
2) Download and install VLC: VLC for Windows
- VLC for Mac OS X
3) Open Sopcast, and go to Options (at the bottom --> Option)
4) Choose the external player
5) Use my Own Media Player
6) Select VLC.exe (Standard is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe)
7) Accept this, and restart Sopcast. Start a channel, wait untill it has buffered > 30%, and then select the button below;
Now it will open in VLC and you can see the channel normally. This can be done everytime you don't get a picture or you get a weird screen. Keep the trick in mind as you can need it quite a few times.
Or, Open VLC --> Open Network stream --> http://127.0.0.1:8902
and press ok. But SopCast and a channel should be running first (as usual)!
Not running smooth or you got issues? The following may help the smoothness of your stream in VLC:
1) Open VLC
2) From the VLC Menu select Tools
3) From the drop down menu select Preferences
4) From the menu on the left side select Video
5) In the display section uncheck the following two options:
6) Advanced Video Output (Overlay)
7) Use Hardware YUV->RGB Conversions
When they are unchecked, click Save.
Then close and restart VLC.