Author Topic: Facebook selling sites.  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Facebook selling sites.
« on: May 5, 2013, 10:29:11 pm »

Does anyone here actually use them?

Been on that "Bargain Bay" Liverpool for a while now, and just wanted to gauge people's experiences/opinions.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Facebook selling sites.
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2013, 11:21:14 pm »
I'm following a few of them. Dont know why as I never buy anything from them. We sold a sunbed on one. It's the only time we have ever actually used one. She likes to nosey at what people are selling though.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #2 on: May 8, 2013, 11:41:10 pm »
I'm on a few. Bought a Biorb Life Fishtank, mint condition the other day for a fraction of the retail.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3 on: May 9, 2013, 12:10:24 am »
Never heard of them - what's the general idea?

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4 on: May 9, 2013, 12:23:55 am »
Never heard of them - what's the general idea?

Well there's a few different ideas really.

1. You take pictures of things you no longer have use for, put them on there, for people to try and "win", like some kind of daytime Bargain Hunt kind of show.

2. To buy stuff from China in Ebay and sell them on there.

3. To play practical jokes. (Which I find hilarious). One woman listed a 42" Plasma TV for £120. There was absolute murder over it, people stating that she got there first, this and that... One woman, in particular, who seems to think she is some kind of Alpha Female on there, went around to pick it up and pay for it, she travelled 10 or so miles only to knock on a door and be greeted by kids who claimed to know nothing about any TV or "Bargain Bay".  Quality.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2013, 12:25:56 am by Shauno »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: May 9, 2013, 12:31:18 am »
So basically just like a load of classified adverts for people to advertise their old crap?

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #6 on: May 9, 2013, 12:35:39 am »
So basically just like a load of classified adverts for people to advertise their old crap?

Yes, essentially a carboot killer.

There's so many bellends and sharks on there, it's amazing. People buying something for a tenner one week and selling it a fortnight later for thirty on another site.

There's blue murder on there sometimes. It's worth joining just for the craic.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 9, 2013, 09:42:05 am »
I'm on a group called local items for sale in Yorkshire. Just people advertsing PS3's, mobiles, unwanted clothes and baby stuff. Would say 80% of them are time wasters. They'll ask you for a price, and you say £35 lowest. They'll come back saying would you take £20? Daft twat, I just said £35 is the lowest. And you agree a price and they say they'll come collect on this day, and they keep making excuses and never actually show up. Think people on there aren't actually selling anything, they just want someone to talk to.

If you're patient then you can get good prices on stuff and sell it asap if you're in need of some funds. Just sold my PS3 yesterday and TV day before for a handy £200 which will be going straight towards my new car.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #8 on: May 9, 2013, 07:19:03 pm »
I'm on a group called local items for sale in Yorkshire. Just people advertsing PS3's, mobiles, unwanted clothes and baby stuff. Would say 80% of them are time wasters. They'll ask you for a price, and you say £35 lowest. They'll come back saying would you take £20? Daft twat, I just said £35 is the lowest. And you agree a price and they say they'll come collect on this day, and they keep making excuses and never actually show up. Think people on there aren't actually selling anything, they just want someone to talk to.

If you're patient then you can get good prices on stuff and sell it asap if you're in need of some funds. Just sold my PS3 yesterday and TV day before for a handy £200 which will be going straight towards my new car.

There's some bad bitchfighting on the Liverpool one. Pretty sure I read a while back that someone had a fight over something not working.

But this is the kind of stuff you see on there:

« Last Edit: May 9, 2013, 07:29:22 pm by Shauno »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 03:51:22 pm »
I always find it funny when someone goes to the trouble of masking a name (like in the pic above) but then misses one reference.

Then again, I am a bit sad like that!

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 07:35:54 pm »
I always find it funny when someone goes to the trouble of masking a name (like in the pic above) but then misses one reference.

Then again, I am a bit sad like that!

Yes, to be honest, don't know why I bothered, I guess I thought she was a c*nt for selling a dog on a selling site.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 10:10:16 pm »
loads of them around where i live,,,I buy and sell stuff regularly on them,,There are some real real bargains on some..Everything I pout for sale has sold pretty much the same day..Think theyre great,but as above theres some right ones on there,,and when there is a row they are hilarious,,,''i said i wanted it first etc,,,''

Only thing I use Facebook for nowadays,,and the odd pic
bollocks