Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 628468 times)

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Re: Marvel Musings *** NO CIVIL WAR SPOILERS ***
« Reply #2760 on: September 23, 2016, 07:14:11 pm »
I'm slightly concerned that they will focus too much on their shiny new character as they don't often get to use many that have actually had their own comics.

They've had Deathlok since day one and he barely appears.

Well, sort of.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #2761 on: September 25, 2016, 08:32:02 pm »
I think Marvel are in danger of doing to the films what they did to the comics to make them crap.

The obsession with tying everything together so that there will always be a team up event is fucking boring. They rarely kill characters off and if they do, they either reinvent them or bring them back. It means there is no peril, no dramatic tension involved in watching/reading them.

One thing you can say about the X-Men films, its gotten so nuts now you dont really know what the fuck is going to happen. They actually do kill people off as well. For that reason I actually enjoyed Apocalypse more than Civil War this year.
I'm hopeful they will get past the humans v mutant issue for the next film they do. They should do the Brood, personally thats a fond childhood memory. The Brood were genuinely scary, given they sorta looked like Gigers xenomorphs, but with big sharp teeth its not surprising. The ending of Harry Palmer is a particularly vivid memory as well. I'd love to see Wolverine do that on screen.

"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2762 on: September 25, 2016, 09:20:21 pm »
I think Marvel are in danger of doing to the films what they did to the comics to make them crap.

The obsession with tying everything together so that there will always be a team up event is fucking boring. They rarely kill characters off and if they do, they either reinvent them or bring them back. It means there is no peril, no dramatic tension involved in watching/reading them.

To be fair, the comics have been around 50+ years, if deaths were final then they would have run out of character some time ago. The issue of killing off or reinventing characters or relaunching a comic is a separate one from their seeming need to tie things into big events or crosssovers, though they do share a similar aim of boosting sales.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2763 on: September 25, 2016, 09:33:08 pm »

One thing you can say about the X-Men films, its gotten so nuts now you dont really know what the fuck is going to happen. They actually do kill people off as well. For that reason I actually enjoyed Apocalypse more than Civil War this year.
I'm hopeful they will get past the humans v mutant issue for the next film they do. They should do the Brood, personally thats a fond childhood memory. The Brood were genuinely scary, given they sorta looked like Gigers xenomorphs, but with big sharp teeth its not surprising. The ending of Harry Palmer is a particularly vivid memory as well. I'd love to see Wolverine do that on screen.

I think there's a lot more mileage in the X-men concept of mutants as a metaphor for racial/religious/gender politics. The comics have always had the room to do cool stuff with aliens and all that, but it gets further and further from the core idea of what that team is meant to represent.

I agree that the Brood would be a brilliant idea for a movie, but I'm not sure it fits. The MCU is big enough for aliens and what have you, but the x-verse doesn't really have that kind of scope, at least not yet. Unless there's a way to make it part of the ongoing theme of mutants v humans, it's going to be a struggle to justify.

Sort of agree with the crossover thing, too. They have the Avengers movies for that stuff, and I don't really want to see too much of the other guys in Spider-Man, Doctor Strange or Black Panther. Civil War was great, but I think they need to give new characters in particular room to grow in their own movies. Cameos are fine, the way Ant Man handled it was spot on. And I must admit Thor Ragnarok looks like it could be a lot of fun with the Hulk involved.

The key is to try and keep things fresh, keep swerving expectations.

And I want to see Rocket and Groot in the next season of Daredevil.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:34:39 pm by Nessy76 »
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #2764 on: September 25, 2016, 09:35:25 pm »
To be fair, the comics have been around 50+ years, if deaths were final then they would have run out of character some time ago. The issue of killing off or reinventing characters or relaunching a comic is a separate one from their seeming need to tie things into big events or crosssovers, though they do share a similar aim of boosting sales.

Thats understandable. The fact they are still going is pretty remarkable really. Yet they are taking the same approach to the films and creatively I dont think it will work out well.
That said, they make a fortune, even though they are often kinda crap on a second hypeless viewing. So I guess they wont be changing their approach any time soon.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #2765 on: September 25, 2016, 10:31:00 pm »
I think there's a lot more mileage in the X-men concept of mutants as a metaphor for racial/religious/gender politics. The comics have always had the room to do cool stuff with aliens and all that, but it gets further and further from the core idea of what that team is meant to represent.

I agree that the Brood would be a brilliant idea for a movie, but I'm not sure it fits. The MCU is big enough for aliens and what have you, but the x-verse doesn't really have that kind of scope, at least not yet. Unless there's a way to make it part of the ongoing theme of mutants v humans, it's going to be a struggle to justify.

Sort of agree with the crossover thing, too. They have the Avengers movies for that stuff, and I don't really want to see too much of the other guys in Spider-Man, Doctor Strange or Black Panther. Civil War was great, but I think they need to give new characters in particular room to grow in their own movies. Cameos are fine, the way Ant Man handled it was spot on. And I must admit Thor Ragnarok looks like it could be a lot of fun with the Hulk involved.

The key is to try and keep things fresh, keep swerving expectations.

And I want to see Rocket and Groot in the next season of Daredevil.

I'm actually glad that there are seperate studios doing the different properties. Aside from Spider-man, Sony were screwing that up and Marvel will get it back on track.
However, its good the X-Men have their own film universe, seperate from everything else. It works in comics, but its just too small a planet these days to have so many super heroes and villians in a cinematic universe.

They are branching out with the X-verse now, what with Deadpool and the coming tv stuff. So its not inconceivable they could get the Brood happening. Aliens would be good, but they could just as easily make them another mutant strain, meaning it was all earth bound. It would serve to keep the mutant v humans theme going as well.

Thor Ragnarok does sound like it will be fun. The casting is great. I suspect its going to be a Hulk film as much as Thor, because it gives his character more depth. He wont be the strongest thing on the planet and virtually indestructable, which is pretty dull. Guessing it will either feature Planet Hulk or allow for it to spin off into a stand alone Planet Hulk film.

This is good disection of the issues at play with Marvel

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/BZ3VQkK6Upo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/BZ3VQkK6Upo</a>

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #2766 on: September 26, 2016, 12:00:45 am »
Yeah, I would hate for the X-Men to be integrated into the whole MCU shiz. They're far better off in their own separate universe, where there's humans and there's mutants, and that's it.

I like how you can sort of 'ground' mutant superhuman abilities to an almost-real world, without actually taking much of the utterly bonkers fantasy out of it all. In the sense that on Earth, the animal kingdom and plantlife already have a bunch of absolutely fucking mindblowng evolutionary adaptions, and stuff we still don't understand about intelligence and nonverbal communication, so genetic mutation is a wonderfully simple and elegant explanation/non-explanation for these fantastical but still somehow familiar and recognisably mortal (even when they're not!) beings.

There are seemingly very few ways to actually kill Wolverine, and yet, despite all signs pointing to him being practically invincible, we still have the sense that he can be in danger, that he could be bravely sacrificing himself here, that his lifeforce could be extinguished in some way. That's quite clever, that through a tacit understanding of his world's rules, and probably in combination with his very human flaws and relatability, he never really becomes a distant boringly-indestructible god figure. The whole mysterious-but-natural-sciencey genetic mutation thing somehow seems to help do that with these beings who are, to all intents and purposes, gods among men.

I've always loved the idea that there are plenty of absolutely fucking useless mutations around in the X-Men's world, probably more of them than there are truly useful ones, and it's all very trial & error but still ingenious, just like nature is. A lot of the useless ones just die out without much fanfare; indeed their mutation may in itself be a fatal condition. It's a genetic lottery much like the one we see play out in our own world, but where the most beautiful are instead shapeshifters, the most intelligent are telepaths, the strongest are made of 'organic steel', and so on. It's such an interesting collective origin story, the barely-understood emergence of a whole new human species, and it's a brilliant character-building device in that you can explore an individual's origin with their own unique abilities, while having that zoomed-in developing story serve as a microcosm for the development of mutants as a race. It helps so much having that play out in its own separate universe, away from all the radioactive-spider-bitten-teenagers and alien Vikings and what have you. It's just so much tidier.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #2767 on: September 26, 2016, 07:13:27 am »
The X Men series of movies confuse me so much, everytime they bring one out I am unsure as to whether it's time wise before some of the others or after them.
As individual movies I like them, but how they all fit in with the others I can't seem to work out.
I haven't seen Apocalypse yet. On my list of things to view.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2768 on: September 26, 2016, 09:25:46 am »
The X Men series of movies confuse me so much, everytime they bring one out I am unsure as to whether it's time wise before some of the others or after them.
As individual movies I like them, but how they all fit in with the others I can't seem to work out.
I haven't seen Apocalypse yet. On my list of things to view.

AoA is pretty straightforward timewise. It takes place in the 80s, following the "past" parts of Days of Future Past. The only events that have happened "before" this are in First Class and DoFP. Professor X is still James McAvoy not Patrick Stewart and Magneto is still Michael Fassbender.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #2769 on: September 26, 2016, 09:30:11 am »
AoA is pretty straightforward timewise. It takes place in the 80s, following the "past" parts of Days of Future Past. The only events that have happened "before" this are in First Class and DoFP. Professor X is still James McAvoy not Patrick Stewart and Magneto is still Michael Fassbender.

Okay cheers.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2770 on: September 26, 2016, 10:10:17 am »
There are seemingly very few ways to actually kill Wolverine, and yet, despite all signs pointing to him being practically invincible, we still have the sense that he can be in danger, that he could be bravely sacrificing himself here, that his lifeforce could be extinguished in some way. That's quite clever, that through a tacit understanding of his world's rules, and probably in combination with his very human flaws and relatability, he never really becomes a distant boringly-indestructible god figure. The whole mysterious-but-natural-sciencey genetic mutation thing somehow seems to help do that with these beings who are, to all intents and purposes, gods among men.

I've always loved the idea that there are plenty of absolutely fucking useless mutations around in the X-Men's world, probably more of them than there are truly useful ones, and it's all very trial & error but still ingenious, just like nature is. A lot of the useless ones just die out without much fanfare; indeed their mutation may in itself be a fatal condition. It's a genetic lottery much like the one we see play out in our own world, but where the most beautiful are instead shapeshifters, the most intelligent are telepaths, the strongest are made of 'organic steel', and so on. It's such an interesting collective origin story, the barely-understood emergence of a whole new human species, and it's a brilliant character-building device in that you can explore an individual's origin with their own unique abilities, while having that zoomed-in developing story serve as a microcosm for the development of mutants as a race. It helps so much having that play out in its own separate universe, away from all the radioactive-spider-bitten-teenagers and alien Vikings and what have you. It's just so much tidier.

On the subject of Wolverine, once Hugh Jackman is gone they seriously need to cut back on the character's screentime, one of the strengths of the X-Men comics has been the variety of strong characters who would come to the forefront when the story demanded. Hopefully Jennifer Lawrence won't be back for another movie either as they have fallen into the same trap with her too, which is even worse when she is playing Mystique.

It is a shame that Marvel or Disney is determined to hamper the chances of the X-Men though as the comics don't have that same feel now there are such restrictions on writers when it comes to creating new mutants, that world just feel so much smaller because of that, especially compared with how it was during the 90's and early 2000's.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #2771 on: September 26, 2016, 11:04:58 am »
Yeah, I agree that there should be a greater variety of focal points, and that in itself would help tell different stories in new ways.

Wolverine has obviously got the nod so much through a combination of him being arguably the most iconic X-Man out of them all, probably the most popular character for the core audience (you know, the old gruff, 'badass', irreverent, sarcy anti-hero-with-a-secret-heart-of-gold thing that everyone always returns to, in any medium!), and also having a very bankable, strong film actor attached. Similar sort of situation with Mystique, but with the added raging-teenage-boner factor.

There's just so much you can do with the X-Men's world if you took the creative shackles off, and cared less about the top-selling merch lines and unimaginative fan service and all that. I personally think it's the best, most interesting and enduring thing Marvel ever produced in print. Sure, other flagship characters have had great strories told within those colourful panels, but the X-Men always somehow felt like there was more to it, more going on underneath the surface. It's a bed of material that can support smart & subtle treatment of mature themes, while also being completely out-of-this-world!!! fantasy. It somehow doesn't seem as snug a fit elsewhere.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2772 on: September 26, 2016, 12:20:58 pm »
On the subject of Wolverine, once Hugh Jackman is gone they seriously need to cut back on the character's screentime, one of the strengths of the X-Men comics has been the variety of strong characters who would come to the forefront when the story demanded. Hopefully Jennifer Lawrence won't be back for another movie either as they have fallen into the same trap with her too, which is even worse when she is playing Mystique.

It is a shame that Marvel or Disney is determined to hamper the chances of the X-Men though as the comics don't have that same feel now there are such restrictions on writers when it comes to creating new mutants, that world just feel so much smaller because of that, especially compared with how it was during the 90's and early 2000's.

Yes, they made a decision a while ago to cut back on new mutants and have the Inhumans occupy that niche of convenient origin story thing. For me that was a mistake, the concept of mutants is more elegant and seems less contrived somehow (although obviously it's hugely contrived in reality) and the Inhumans just never had the same story basis as the X-Men have had over the years.
I think they will rethink this at some point. When you consider that Fox are paying millions for the privilege of making gigantic commercials for all the X-Men merch Disney can shift, they really shouldn't be marginalising the line the way they have. Marvel still churn out dozens of x books every month anyway, so it's hard to see what the thinking really is there.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2773 on: September 26, 2016, 01:31:17 pm »
The definitely seem to think that in the long term they can lower the interest in the X-Men sufficiently to tip the balance for Fox to at least do a deal similar to the one Sony have done with Spidey and maybe even sell the rights back entirely.

As far as merch and things like videogame appearances, I guess they think that they can push their own characters enough to offset any x-losses, but continue the comics to keep the characters ticking over.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2774 on: September 26, 2016, 03:56:05 pm »
The definitely seem to think that in the long term they can lower the interest in the X-Men sufficiently to tip the balance for Fox to at least do a deal similar to the one Sony have done with Spidey and maybe even sell the rights back entirely.

As far as merch and things like videogame appearances, I guess they think that they can push their own characters enough to offset any x-losses, but continue the comics to keep the characters ticking over.

Doesn't really make any sense, though. The readership of the comics is tiny compared to the movies, it's not like the audience is going to be thinking "well I haven't read a good X-Men comic in years, so I'll swerve the next film" is it? These things ship less than 100,000 issues a month. That's not enough to have any effect on an existing and popular movie series. If that is the plan, it's one of the stupidest I've heard, and it doesn't seem to be working. They did the original "no more mutants" storyline over a decade ago, since when there have been plenty of X-Movies, and the mediocre form of the comics since then hasn't put any visible dent into their success.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2775 on: September 27, 2016, 02:46:25 am »
The issue is not so much the comics so much as the cast, by limiting the X-books when it comes to new characters it stops Fox from potentially getting the next hot character for free.

As far as whether things are working or not, the highest grossing X-Men team movie came out the same year as GotG and did slightly worse than it, either what Marvel is doing is working or Fox are sabotaging themselves or a combination of both.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2776 on: September 27, 2016, 07:15:19 am »
Stan Lee has filmed his next 4 cameos

Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Spiderman Homecoming
Thor Ragnarok

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2777 on: September 27, 2016, 02:43:51 pm »
Slightly depressing to see them lining them up for him like that, even though it makes sense.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2778 on: September 27, 2016, 04:21:46 pm »
Three days until Luke Cage hits Netflix. The reviews have been really, really good.

The new trailer is great too:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/snJ-nRgx8o0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/snJ-nRgx8o0</a>

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2779 on: September 27, 2016, 04:27:32 pm »
I still haven't quite 'got' Luke Cage yet, an indestructible guy sounds quite boring, even more so now after years of Wolverine movies (though Deadpool was a fun exception).

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2780 on: September 27, 2016, 04:28:06 pm »
Looks pretty good, the bad guy seems cool too. Thought daredevil started to go a bit too far with all the crazy ninja shit, glad this seems more like gangsters and gangs

Was the rumour true about kingpin appearing in the new Spider-Man movie? Really hope so. Would like to see purple man too, both far better villains than anything in the movies so far
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:30:19 pm by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2781 on: September 27, 2016, 04:34:38 pm »
Slightly depressing to see them lining them up for him like that, even though it makes sense.

Yeah the guy is 92 years old now. Makes it easier for all parties. That part of his contract is up there with Mark Hamills  star wars toys clause

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #2782 on: September 27, 2016, 09:36:25 pm »
Three days until Luke Cage hits Netflix. The reviews have been really, really good.

The new trailer is great too:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/snJ-nRgx8o0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/snJ-nRgx8o0</a>

Really excited for this, that trailer was great. There better be a Daredevil cameo at somepoint though!!
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2783 on: September 27, 2016, 10:13:27 pm »
Look who's getting shoved.
Fuckin hell, I'm only realising now who that is. He looks a bit different. Must be the hair.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2784 on: September 30, 2016, 03:02:55 am »
Luke cage getting really good reviews so far
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2785 on: September 30, 2016, 03:15:08 am »
Luke cage getting really good reviews so far

Shame that Netflix are so lazy and don't release their new shows by region.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2786 on: September 30, 2016, 08:55:42 am »
That's Luke Cage up on Netflix now. Really looking forward to it, but I do wish these shows were a few episodes shorter. Ten episodes would be perfect.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2787 on: September 30, 2016, 10:12:25 am »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2788 on: September 30, 2016, 04:29:16 pm »
Watched two eps of Luke Cage now, really enjoyed them, definitely has potential to be a fantastic show.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2789 on: September 30, 2016, 05:06:38 pm »
I'm on the 6th ep, I thought the first ep or so was a little slow, but it has picked up very nicely since then and some of the nods to the comics are fun too.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2790 on: September 30, 2016, 05:21:47 pm »
Looking forward to watching Luke Cage. I'm going away on holiday in the early hours tomorrow morning so won't be able to catch up on it until next week!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2791 on: September 30, 2016, 05:25:40 pm »

This is good disection of the issues at play with Marvel

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/BZ3VQkK6Upo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/BZ3VQkK6Upo</a>

They crack me up every time :D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2792 on: September 30, 2016, 05:26:15 pm »
Looking forward to watching Luke Cage. I'm going away on holiday in the early hours tomorrow morning so won't be able to catch up on it until next week!

They have to have a big iron thing running after him shouting "Luke!! I am your CAGE!! LUKE!!"
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2793 on: September 30, 2016, 06:31:53 pm »

They crack me up every time :D

I thought about posting that here but people are militant in their defence of Marvel.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2794 on: October 2, 2016, 05:49:52 am »
There is no way the Black Panther film will live up to Luke Cage the TV series

Totally ground breaking for a super hero series.

It sets new standards.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2016, 05:52:02 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2795 on: October 2, 2016, 07:13:34 am »
There is no way the Black Panther film will live up to Luke Cage the TV series

Totally ground breaking for a super hero series.

It sets new standards.

Have you finished it? I just did episode five and I'm struggling. It's so ponderous and slow and directionless.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2796 on: October 2, 2016, 11:24:25 am »
Have you finished it? I just did episode five and I'm struggling. It's so ponderous and slow and directionless.

Yes I thought it was brilliant.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2797 on: October 2, 2016, 01:20:28 pm »

Agreed, found Jessica Jones much more interesting

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2798 on: October 2, 2016, 02:51:58 pm »
Ignoring claus who hates all things marvel, this show definitely seems be more polarising than previous netflix shows, more people disliking it while plenty still love it.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2799 on: October 2, 2016, 03:03:53 pm »
Ignoring claus who hates all things marvel, this show definitely seems be more polarising than previous netflix shows, more people disliking it while plenty still love it.

Only watched the pilot so far, but it has a much slower pace than the other shows. I really enjoyed what I've seen, it's its own show rather than a rehash of DD or Jessica Jones.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA