Author Topic: Rafa Benitez (the 16th minute!)  (Read 63858 times)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Rafa Benitez (the 16th minute!)
« on: April 17, 2013, 09:04:53 am »
I know its a touchy subject for some, I know some of us like to pretend he doesn't exist and don't get me wrong or paint me out the wrong way, I love Brendan Rodgers, but this Sunday we welcome home someone who is part of an exclusive club that only Paisley and Fagan are a part of.

A European cup winner.

He might manage a foreign team to us, so in advance, fuck you Chelsea c*nts if you are reading, you wouldn't know a good manager if he slapped you in the face.

We'll show you how you support a manager on Sunday, because we'll be supporting two on the very same day.

Rafa you are an absolute fucking legend, you took me to the best day of my life. From 3 nil down, to winning the European cup. I bawled my eyes out at half time in the Ataturk as we sang You'll Never Walk Alone, and I couldn't get hold of any water, nor coca cola, and I stood staring at the Milan fans envious of how they were winning with tears streaming down my face expecting a thrashing. A French TV channel even went to the ends of filming me, at 1-0 at 2-0 and at 3-0, in the "neutral" end. They didn't know what the fuck they were filming as we came back to 3-1 to 3-2 and to 3-3 because I was off my head and to this day Im gutted I never gave them my email to get the footage of me going pyscho. Mellor, Pongolle, Garcia, Gerrard, Smicer, Alonso, Cisse.  etc :wave

But that wasn't all you gave to us Rafa, it would be disrespectful to imply that was all, that one big final, because we went from from 1 nil down thanks to Rivaldo and Olympiakos with my mates laughing at me at 1-0 to 3-1 and through to the last 16 of the European Cup, GERRARD- YOU BEAUTY!, you took the time out to make sure that you replied to my letter that I wrote you after you were sacked, you stood up to Alex Ferguson and didn't take any shit even though it was implied you were "beyond the pale", you went as far as beating Chelsea twice in European Cup semi finals despite "JOSE" managing them, you were crucial in taking us to our highest ever points total I've seen us amass in the Premier League, and the highest win percentage I've ever seen.

And who can forget THAT FA Cup final, and THAT goal by Gerrard!?

You silently made sure after you left that you donated 96 grand to the Hillsborough justice fund, donating to help the families of the 96 fans that never came home who you were clearly thinking off when you made the decision to donate, the same people you were thinking of when you were moved to tears about at the memorial. You get us as a club. You get us.

You're a fucking legend mate and you will be recognised as such by the Kop on Sunday I'm sure of it. And you'll deserve it, totally. You'll never walk alone, because that song right, it was invented for days like Sunday. As long as I'm following your career, and as long as we have our fans who recognise what you did for our club, and how despite Hicks and Gillett tried their best to send us down the swanny or Hodgson tried to inspect particles of fucking dust, you fought with everything you had for Liverpool FC, and brought some trophies back to Anfield, so you will always be recognised.

Those dickheads down south, in Chelsea don't know what they have. But Valencia fans, Liverpool fans, we know just how special you are.  Rafa Rafael, Rafa, Rafael, Rafa, Rafael, RAFAEL BENITEZ.

You're the Special One Rafa.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 11:36:47 pm by Hinesy »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
Re: Rafa Benitez
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 09:17:09 am »
Is right.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 09:23:56 am »
This probably won't end well as Rafa threads end up in circular arguments, but hopefully one that is created in acknowledgement of Sunday's game & which focuses on his time with LFC can last the pace until then.  The danger is that it gets hijacked by the usual posts which want him back tomorrow.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 09:32:11 am »
This probably won't end well as Rafa threads end up in circular arguments, but hopefully one that is created in acknowledgement of Sunday's game & which focuses on his time with LFC can last the pace until then.  The danger is that it gets hijacked by the usual posts which want him back tomorrow.

Thats fair. I certainly didn't mean for that to happen. I've waited a while to post these drunken ramblings :)

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 09:34:25 am »
What we need to do is show how much Rafa means to us but that has to be preceded by or followed by a massive show of support for Brendan Rodgers too. We can't have the current Chelsea manager (despite everything he did for us) getting a better reception than our own manager at Anfield

As long as Rodgers gets a massive show of support then I'll be signing my heart out for Rafa

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 09:36:40 am »
Good OP

He's an legend of this club and a genius coach. He gave us so many great nights and the 4-0 win over Real Madrid is one of the best performances I've ever seen. Apparently Sacchi said it was the closest to perfection he'd seen from any team which shows how good a side Rafa was creating. I hope he gets a great reception on Sunday.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 09:39:00 am »
What we need to do is show how much Rafa means to us but that has to be preceded by or followed by a massive show of support for Brendan Rodgers too. We can't have the current Chelsea manager (despite everything he did for us) getting a better reception than our own manager at Anfield

As long as Rodgers gets a massive show of support then I'll be signing my heart out for Rafa

I completely agree. We cannot undermine the current manager in Brendan, hence why I mentioned we will be supporting two managers on Sunday, we will give Rafa his credit which he deserves, but we will still be supporting one team, the same team that remains throughout all trials and tribulations, we will be supporting Liverpool FC! (Let's twat these Cockney bastards! ;) )

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 09:43:48 am »
yeah should just concentrate on welcoming him back sunday

wont tire of telling people last september i had the pleasure of meeting Rafa in dublin. every bit the gentleman as you could imagine. very funny guy. usually book signings in easons are just that, book signings. however he signed anything and everything, several messages in his book about justice. always smiling, signed everything he was asked to, was nice to get up close (to the point where i can still envision the yellow on his teeth) to say thanks for all he did.

classy bloke.

never meet your heroes? hero and a gentleman
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Death by Football

• Anny Roader
  • ► JFT96 ◄
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 09:57:13 am »

This

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 10:03:51 am »
I love Rafa but Brendan is our manager now and I wouldn't swap them because what Brendan is attempting (football philosophy wise) is what I've wanted to happen at Liverpool. Rafa is one of the greatest managers of our past but be is in our past whilst Brendan is our future.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 10:04:14 am »
A nice acknowledgment and back to business will be best for all concerned. The kind of professional Rafa is, he wouldn't mind winning the three points one bit, and quite frankly, I would love to see us beat Chelsea with him around again. All the best Rafa, welcome home, but you ain't winning the three points. :wave

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 10:08:34 am »
respect for Rafa, but i hope we humiliate him with 5-0 win
YNWA

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 10:13:34 am »
Great OP!
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 10:14:18 am »
A nice acknowledgment and back to business will be best for all concerned. The kind of professional Rafa is, he wouldn't mind winning the three points one bit, and quite frankly, I would love to see us beat Chelsea with him around again. All the best Rafa, welcome home, but you ain't winning the three points. :wave

I agree with you as well. Liverpool always comes above everything, don't get me wrong I want us to win ten nil.

But I won't forget the person who is responsible for so many happy memories of mine.

Offline MC14

• I apologise for my terrible hair, clothes and glasses
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 10:19:00 am »
respect for Rafa, but i hope we humiliate him with 5-0 win

I doubt he'll be humiliated, he'll secretly be buzzing inside :P

Offline TheBazz

• tardzz keepz deleting my poztzzzzzz! Blazzphemy! Blazzpheryou! Blazzphereverybody on the forumzzzzzz!
  • Kopite
  • It's the Bazz!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 10:24:10 am »
Are we chanting him pre-match or?
@KevinHenshaw1 (not the professional wakeboarder).

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 10:30:01 am »
He deserves a good welcoming. Hope we win and I hope Rodgers gets a good round of support too.

As for what Rafa did for the club - he was great. Many happy memories. Always felt he knew what he was doing, that he had the best interest of the club in mind and that he always tried to improve everything. With him in charge, it finally felt like back in the 80s again. Us being one of the very best sides in Europe, where I expected us to go far in the European Cup/CL.

After he's left us, I hope he does well. And I use many of the things he did as something we should aim for now.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 10:35:25 am »
Nevermind what he won. Nevermind how things have gone since he was sacked by mutual agreement. Like Brendan, the man is one of us. He fought for us. He stood by us. I hope we stand by him and this runs for a while and he gets respect in here, aswell as at Anfield. And I hope that Di Matteo clapping gets drowned out by a bit of this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFkPhus8Q-w

Fuck them. But I wish him well in all he does, and I'll never forget what he done for us.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 10:38:45 am »
Pure and simply a legend.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 10:39:10 am »
*waits for TheGoat to arrive.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 10:39:19 am »
The OP is spot on, the man is a Legend and was made for our club.

Brendan Rodgers can also be a Legend for us if we allow him to do his work.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 10:39:33 am »
Are we chanting him pre-match or?

Dunno let me check with the Kop.....
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 10:39:58 am »
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 11:05:21 am »

Brendan Rodgers can also be a Legend for us if we allow him to do his work.

He will only be a legend if he succeeds to bring glory to the club again. He will be allowed by the club to do his work if he shows tangible progress from season to season. Patience without discernment is as bad as being unreasonably impatient.

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 11:11:29 am »
Who remembers the 12 minute rendition of the La Bamba Rafa song in the second half in the Bernabéu?
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 11:17:13 am »
Interesting is'nt it, as he is, right at this moment, the manager I least fancy us facing. He will know our game inside out. An important thing to compare if you want some to wind their necks in would be the wage bill his squads had compared to the current. To compete we need to be at least halfway between the current wage bill and the bloat of the Rafa era one. That would give us a bench that changed matches.
Looking forward to his welcome.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Jrkopite

• Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2013, 11:23:51 am »
I won't be there but I hope all who are give Rafa a proper thank you for all he did for us on and off the pitch. I love the man and even though he's gone to that shite club I want him to do well wherever he goes next. I thought at the time he left that we'd look back on his tenure as a golden age and I just hope we can somehow get back to being feared at home and in Europe under Brendan Rodgers, but lets give Rafa a thank you message on Sunday while giving Chelsea a thrashing!

Offline smilingmart

• Kemlynite
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 11:26:14 am »
Is right.

Never two truer words spoken.

YNWA Rafa
YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 11:33:53 am »
He will ALWAYS have my respect for what he did for this football club, and the people of the city.

Love the man.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 11:36:18 am »
i fucking love rafa benitez.  i had the opportunity a year or two ago to write him a letter and someone here who lives near him would deliver it for me, but i failed to take my chance.  i still have that person's PM offering me the chance, so i will get in touch and see if i can still do it.  also, i'm drunk.  but i still love rafa.

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2013, 11:40:26 am »
i fucking love rafa benitez.  i had the opportunity a year or two ago to write him a letter and someone here who lives near him would deliver it for me, but i failed to take my chance.  i still have that person's PM offering me the chance, so i will get in touch and see if i can still do it.  also, i'm drunk.  but i still love rafa.

I've written one too, but I can't for the life of me find his address. No chance in hellfire I'm sending it to Chelsea FC
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2013, 11:42:17 am »
Welcome him with respect dont go overboard Rodgers is our manager then beat his fucking team, by the way i felt the same when we played Blackburn the day they won the prem, but we had a legend here last season shame some in here never gave him the same respect then or now!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2013, 11:44:05 am »
Remember Fat Scouser's great campain top bombard him with postcards of support a few years back (in his final season)? I sent mine off to him and stuck my email address at the bottom on the off chance he'd reply and we'd strike up a beautiful Online friendship, gradually building until I became one of his trusted tactical lieutenants.

Well guess what.... he never replied. Worra heartbreaking bastard!

Hope he gets a brilliant reception (which I've no doubt he will) but agree that Rodgers should get plenty of support on Sunday too. Looking forward to it.

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2013, 11:47:20 am »
Well guess what.... he never replied. Worra heartbreaking bastard!

:wanker  Always said he was a shit head !

;)
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 11:48:35 am »
of course he'll get a good reception

bloody hodgson got clapped didn't he?

obviously our support should focused on helping the team win though

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2013, 11:49:53 am »

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2013, 11:57:19 am »
Welcome him with respect dont go overboard Rodgers is our manager then beat his fucking team, by the way i felt the same when we played Blackburn the day they won the prem, but we had a legend here last season shame some in here never gave him the same respect then or now!

Yep, great guy and was an excellent manager for us so give him a big roar when he comes out of the tunnel or whatever then forget about him, it's down to business. After that it should be 90mins of supporting our team and our manager, not Chelsea's.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2013, 11:58:08 am »
Me personally, will wellcome him home..

and I like Brendan Rodgers...

"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Redders1974

• Anny Roader
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2013, 12:04:16 pm »
Love the guy and since he has gone we haven't recovered. I hope Brendan can take us somewhere close to where Rafa had us, if he does then he will have done well.
Rafa was class personified in every way.
Chose the Redders username before Jamie became a Sky Sports media whore

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2013, 12:06:43 pm »
I've written one too, but I can't for the life of me find his address. No chance in hellfire I'm sending it to Chelsea FC

if your letter is digitally written, like on a computer rather than on paper, i'd be happy to forward it along if the person who contacted me is still able to deliver mine for me

edit:  it's drunk-me that caused me to "clarify" about "like on a computer rather than on paper"