Author Topic: RAWK Letters Draft - Gossip/Discussion Thread  (Read 32746 times)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
Re: RAWK Letters Draft - Gossip/Discussion Thread
« Reply #1080 on: April 8, 2013, 04:32:09 pm »
Looks a bit too complicated and time consuming for me so I'll sit this one out.

Offline FresnoBee

• Fresno A was the brainier brother.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1081 on: April 8, 2013, 05:05:01 pm »
Give it another few days, ladies. Maybe increase the time limit?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #1082 on: April 8, 2013, 05:07:37 pm »
Count me out of it, lads.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1083 on: April 8, 2013, 05:08:30 pm »
Once Samie goes they all follow.  :D

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1084 on: April 8, 2013, 05:09:26 pm »
Count me out of it, lads.

Why the change of heart?
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: April 8, 2013, 05:11:11 pm »
Why the change of heart?
Won't be around enough, mate.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1086 on: April 8, 2013, 05:12:11 pm »
Maybe Phil M can take your place?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: April 8, 2013, 05:13:09 pm »
Huh?

Is there not 3/4 spaces available?

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1088 on: April 8, 2013, 05:15:58 pm »
Won't be around enough, mate.

No worries, fella. Just wanted to make sure the toughness of this draft isn't putting people off.

Maybe we should rename it 'Hardcore Draft'  :D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: April 8, 2013, 05:18:23 pm »
No worries, fella. Just wanted to make sure the toughness of this draft isn't putting people off.

Maybe we should rename it 'Hardcore Draft'  :D

It's put me off I'll gladly admit that.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: April 8, 2013, 05:21:28 pm »
I was looking forward to it, was looking forward to selecting a team of obscure journeymen (minus my one club man).

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1091 on: April 8, 2013, 05:21:51 pm »

No thanks.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1092 on: April 8, 2013, 05:28:55 pm »
I was looking forward to it, was looking forward to selecting a team of obscure journeymen (minus my one club man).

Now that's enthusiasm. Seriously though, almost every rule is exploitable in some way. It's up to the drafter to work out how ;) I reckon people will be surprised how many good players come out of this.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #1093 on: April 8, 2013, 05:39:37 pm »
12 players enough for this one? Looks like 16 participants will be a struggle. 
4 groups of 3 like?

Offline Debarshee

• Anny Roader
  • I bleed red and white.
« Reply #1094 on: April 8, 2013, 05:58:20 pm »
Not started yet?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1095 on: April 8, 2013, 05:59:50 pm »

;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1096 on: April 8, 2013, 06:38:20 pm »
RE: 1 x Player who's never won a major trophy (club or country). Did we establish what constitutes a major trophy?

Definitely league titles, European trophies, and the obvious International tornaments. But what about the FA Cup? League Cup? Community Shield? Intertoto? Olympics? Confederations? Intercontinental?

I've created a monster  :-X

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: April 8, 2013, 06:45:25 pm »
I'd say league titles, domestic cups, the obvious international trophies and European ones.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1098 on: April 8, 2013, 06:47:51 pm »
I would have thought the World Cup, European Championships, Copa America, African Cup of Nations, European Cup, UEFA Cup/Europa League, Cup Winners Cup and Asian, African, South American etc equivalents and any domestic league title or domestic cup (both FA Cup and League Cup in England and Scotland). Basically Everton's roll of honour over the past decade and a half.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2013, 06:53:38 pm by Hazell »

Offline FresnoBee

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: April 8, 2013, 06:52:41 pm »
I raised that question before. How about Intertoto cup? Super Cup? World Champions cup? Community Shield? Toulon Tournament? Copa del Rey?

And  South American and Africa have their own cups as well.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2013, 06:58:29 pm by FresnoBee »

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: April 8, 2013, 06:57:30 pm »
I raised that question before. How about Intertoto cup? Super Cup? World Champions cup? Community Shield? Toulon Tournament? Copa del Rey?

I wouldn't count under 17/21/23 etc tournaments as major trophies nor the Intertoto cup, don't think anyone else does. Nor the Community Shield, Super Cup really. Though you can always ask during the selection stage if you have a specific player, I'm sure no one minds being flexible depending on the circumstances, we'll just use common sense.

I'd say yes to the World Club Championship as it is prestigious and is an actual tournament (although a mini version).

Offline FresnoBee

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1101 on: April 8, 2013, 07:00:13 pm »
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. Shite. I overlooked ones with Intertoto

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1102 on: April 8, 2013, 07:02:41 pm »
So far I've got three players who meet those requirements and aren't shite...oh dear  ;D

Offline KingLuis05

• Kopite
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #1103 on: April 8, 2013, 07:10:10 pm »
12 players enough for this one? Looks like 16 participants will be a struggle. 
4 groups of 3 like?

12 players should be fine, though I'd give it a bit longer in case anyone new is interested.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1104 on: April 8, 2013, 07:43:00 pm »
Just so everyone's aware. Hazell and I have discussed making a small change to one of the shopping list 'items' to make things a little clearer and simpler for all involved. Unless anyone can see a problem with it, we'd like to swap this in for the current African/Asian criteria:

1 x African, Asian, or Oceania player to make an appearance in their own continent.

Note: We've removed the FIFA nominee criteria here too, leaving a certain high profile African available now.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2013, 08:44:37 pm by Betty Blue »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: April 9, 2013, 10:57:53 am »
Yeah fine by me. That's my shortlist of Laudrup, Romario, Stoichkov, Fowler and Del Piero shot though  :(

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1106 on: April 9, 2013, 11:06:23 am »
Yeah fine by me. That's my shortlist of Laudrup, Romario, Stoichkov, Fowler and Del Piero shot though  :(

It's a painful one for all of us. No Robbie for me :'(

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1107 on: April 9, 2013, 11:12:11 am »
Thought I had a screamer of a shout there, but I don't think he ever played in Africa  >:(

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1108 on: April 9, 2013, 11:20:34 am »
Because of the lack of data in some places, we're willing to be flexible on players who started out in Africa/Asia/Oceania but were snapped up early. If there's ever a doubt, just ask in the main thread.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1109 on: April 9, 2013, 11:21:49 am »
Yeah that seems fair.

I'll stick him on my shortlist, back anyone if they pick him before me and listen to the general consensus if I pick him and people disagree.

When we looking to begin....?

Offline KingLuis05

• Kopite
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #1110 on: April 9, 2013, 01:06:32 pm »
The semi finals are up: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=304970.new#new

We need another 5 participants for the new draft then, or 1 if we're going with 12.