Author Topic: 2012/13 UEFA Champions League Final - Bayern München 2-1 Borussia Dortmund  (Read 285629 times)

Offline Hazellinho

• Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex couch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
Dortmund took four points off Real Madrid in the group stage. Admittedly, two legged games are different affairs and Real Madrid look better now than they did a few months ago but still, they've proved this season they can do it against them. I reckon it'll be very tight and very evenly matched.
I did not have a long speech prepared for the players. My notes from the game show there was one message I wanted to drill into them. It is written in Spanish. Lucharlo. Fight for it.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legend
I hope BVB don't win it because Jurgen Klopp said he wouldn't leave BVB til he won the CL. Chelsea are looking managerless next season and they could offer him the blank cheque book.

Speaking in hypotheticals, discuss...

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • Speak of the devil and he shall appear.
Hypothetically, there are many managers who have created a brilliant legacy at one club and then failed spectacularly elsewhere at different clubs with hugely different ideals and bases.
We both know that I now have to kill you.

You'll just have to imagine the fire!

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legend
  • Real Username: LEGACY
^ Agreed Chelsea seem to be the complete opposite of what Klopp has done at Dortmund won't get any where near the same time. Mourinho is perfect for them Instant results for a club with no long term plan.

Offline Paris Saint-Germain

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
^Bring it on, mate.

I feel Barca can raise to the challenge. Barca always have problems when we feel safe and secure, be it Rubin Kazan, Celtic or PSG. I am pretty sure you won't see the Barca you saw vs PSG if the match is against Bayern Munich.

Well if they felt safe and secure, they are really dumb... Also interesting to see my team with the likes of rubin kazan and celtic  ::)

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
A ridiculous criticism when you consider the fact that with such "poor stats" Xavi and Iniesta managed to lead their club and country to all trophies that can be won. Multiple times.
Agree.  I don't want to patronise, but there is a lack of football understanding when you criticise a player like Iniesta using those stats.  He is a sublime footballer who creates space where it doesn't seem to exist.  I actually rate him higher than Messi.  Call me a hipster or splitting hairs for the sake of it but that's what I think.  It could be a reaction to him being in the shadow of Messi/Ronaldo.  I don't know, that's just what I think.

Offline KerryKop

• Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
So the consensus is that Kloop is a manager who creates a team and a legacy over a number of years, that is antithesis of Abramovich policy, so in that case Man United would seem a perfect fit for Kloop.

Offline Walshy®

• Pretty in Pink. Predicted Chelsea 4 or 5 or 6, Barnsley 0 but not proud of that fact.
  • Legend
  • Legend
So the consensus is that Kloop is a manager who creates a team and a legacy over a number of years, that is antithesis of Abramovich policy, so in that case Man United would seem a perfect fit for Kloop.

Please don't give anyone, anywhere, ideas.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
Klopp at OT. Mass outpouring of grief on here :D
Soccer Manager World for Rawkites. Come and Join http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=299142.0

Offline thegoodfella

• makes pizza
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legend
  • ...siempre es posible

Who is this Kloop you are talking about?

Offline Phil M

• Up to the brim (Front of the queue 2010-2011) Voted most handsome and sensible 2011 and that's a phact! Undercover RAWK Mod.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • “Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Dortmund took four points off Real Madrid in the group stage. Admittedly, two legged games are different affairs and Real Madrid look better now than they did a few months ago but still, they've proved this season they can do it against them. I reckon it'll be very tight and very evenly matched.

Have to be drawn to play each other first. ;)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline KerryKop

• Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
Who is this Kloop you are talking about?
Like a dagger through my heart that is. Foreign names I could do without them.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legend
Klopp to United would lead to hipster suicide.

Offline KerryKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
Klopp to United would lead to hipster suicide.
He's a perfect fit and has said he would someday like to manage in England, prepare yourselves.

Offline koptician

• Legend
  • Hail to the King!

I don't mind Kloop going to OT.  As long as they keep their dirty mitts off Jurgen Klopp :lickin

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legend
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
The hardest thing to do in football is score goals, it just is.

Or is it to win trophies? ;)
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legend
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
Are assists a meaningless stat when measuring the contribution of attacking midfielders? Genuine question.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legend
  • So ecstatic I was conceived lisp-less
Are assists a meaningless stat when measuring the contribution of attacking midfielders? Genuine question.
Definitely not.

Bayern vs Madrid
Dortmund vs Barca
please.
I don't want to fuck him necessarily but I love him and I want him to crawl inside his mind so he can understand me and I can feel what it's like to be inside him.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legend
Awaiting the 1 hour ceremony tomorrow to draw 4 balls!   

Offline ElCapo

• Kopite
  • Mia San Meister
Uli Hoeness said that BVB is the weakest team left in the CL; BVB's President's Watzke responded that  the field will show who is better and that Bayern's arrogance is too much.

Teutonic diplomacy at its finest...

Offline Fuschimuschi

• Anny Roader
Didn't Dortmund say the same about Malaga??

Offline ElCapo

• Kopite
  • Mia San Meister
Probably, who's keeping track.  I think UEFA best keep teams from the same country apart.

Offline Po The Panda

• Legend
Did Bayern help save Dortmund with some loan when they were going bankrupt? Read it somewhere probably just gossip.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Legend

Offline LuisFalcao

• Legend
As expected from my friends around here and Marca, it's seems to be foregone  conclusion that a spanish team will win the CL.

Which will make it all the more sweet if Borussia win it :D proper football club that.
so arrogant translation, "I have a short attention span and a limited understanding of basic English, thus I like short posts, in fact this is too long to finish reading...."

Offline Y2J

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legend
  • Best in the world at what he does, Chris Jericho
To be honest, yes they would. Please stop giving them ideas though.
Quote from: Chris Jericho
You people have been led to believe that mediocrity is excellence, nah Jericho is excellence.

Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Po The Panda

• Legend
Was hearing football weekly earlier and Sid Low said that Barcelona look the least likeliest team to win it interesting statement.   

Offline KerryKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
Was hearing football weekly earlier and Sid Low said that Barcelona look the least likeliest team to win it interesting statement.   
It is interesting seeing as Dortmund needed a multiple offside goal to be in the semis. I wonder would he have put Malaga who were seconds away from an away win ahead of Barca? Doubt it.

My feeling is Barca are buying time to get on track again, a fit Messi and a healthy Villanova will do that. If they manage to scrape to the final, I think they'll win it.

Offline Barney.

• Cross-dressing golfer. Wannabe Mod. I do not post on RedCafe. Coprophiliac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cuz Carra's in town
Personally I'd like to see Germany v Spain semi's with an all German final, and dortmund winning it. Unlikely, but who would have predicted the outcome of the 05 tournament.
NEW PLAYERS NEEDED FOR RAWK 8 BALL POOL LEAGUE click here

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Legend
I hope Manduzkic's yellow card gets removed, it's an injustice that this was considered a yellow card

Offline Hoenheim

• Legend
  • Cushioned header for Gerrard...
How is that even a foul on the Juve player?  :o
Or is that supposed to be a dive?
Reminds me of the time I saw a 60 year old guy slide down a waterslide and he was going so fast his bathing suit fell off, and I just stood there staring at his big beautiful hairy balls flopping around.  Holy geez, I wanted to lick em

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legend
^ THis whole 'best ever' is a bit semantic. Fair play to anyone who think Iniesta is the best ever attacking midfielder (they've ever seen, or watched). By the way, Barca felt the need to have a one leg Messi just to get a grip of the game against PSG, at home game. It's kinda funny, when the best ever AMC was not enough.
Iniesta has come up big in many, many big games. This criticism could apply to a player like Ibra, who is supposedly great, but never has done it in Champions League. But Iniesta? 3 times CL winner, world cup winner, 2 euro cup winner, league titles, cups, 6 semis of CL in a row...

Any player who retires with that collection of trophies would be among the most decorated, yet you come and point to one game? You have to be kidding. A player like Zidane won one CL, and has been failing with Madrid's Galactico project, and he is mentioned among the best ever. I don't say he isn't among them, but it is ridiculous that you question Iniesta's consistency.

Messi is best ever. Iniesta is one of the best ever in his position. Both can retire tomorrow, doesn't matter, they have done enough to get that praise.

Offline Xxavi

• Legend
I don't reckon so. I think Iniesta is the same player Xavi was three/four years ago. He'll slot into the Xavi role and then drop deeper as he gets older as Xavi himself has done. Personally I also think Busquets could push forward and do that role.

Also I think its a bit much ruling Thiago out already seeing as Xavi didn't hit his peak until his late 20's, hes got many years yet to develop into that player. But my bet is Iniesta into the Xavi role, Cesc into the Iniesta role. Then when Iniesta retires, Cesc into the Xavi role and Messi into the Iniesta role, with Deulofeu or Dongou taking the Messi role. etc..

And this will carry on until the oceans are dried up and the world becomes uninhabitable...
In theory, it seems so, and I have to admit, I thought this is what is going to happen too. But in reality, Barca have tried to play many games without Xavi, it just isn't the same without him. This is why even half-fit Xavi gets to play vs Milan, both legs, and PSG. He has been injured, been playing on injections. If it was as easy as you put it here, Barca would have played Cesc instead of him and that's that. But it is not so simple...

Talking about Xavi and Iniesta, I want to remind everybody about Cesc Fabregas. When he was at Arsenal, Cesc was frequently compared, sometimes favorably by certain people in the media and certainly Arsenal fans. Apparently, he makes more risky passes, has better long balls and more goals... whatever. But since he came to Barca, and has been playing on the same pitch with Xavi and Iniesta, we see a clear difference in levels. Between historical players that are Xavi and Iniesta, and good players like Cesc, Pirlo, Alonso and other contemporaries.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:57:02 AM by Xxavi »

Offline Xxavi

• Legend
I hope Manduzkic's yellow card gets removed, it's an injustice that this was considered a yellow card

The gif doesn't show the play acting of Chiellini that followed his kicking of Mandzukic. I guarantee, if it were Barca, we won't see and hear end of it. It ranks as among the worst play acting I have ever seen. Certainly worse than Busquets, because Chiellini kicked and play acted to get Madzukic sent off.

Offline Coutistar

• Sugar-coated to hide his monstrous intellect
  • Anny Roader
What are the odds for each combination of matches between these four? Definitely won't be same for all although statisitically speaking they should be same.
Surely the betting companies must be ITK about UEFA plans?

Offline Titan

• Legend
I'd like to see a Barca-Bayern semi-final, it'd be two incredible encounters. Could see Bayern edging that.

Madrid-Dortmund wouldn't be too bad either.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes pizza
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legend
  • ...siempre es posible
What are the odds for each combination of matches between these four? Definitely won't be same for all although statisitically speaking they should be same.

Is there a company offering odds on the draw? I don't see the point in that.

Offline markthescouser

• Kopite
That's because two main things are taken into account when forming odds, the statistical likeliness of something happening but also what punters actually want to see happen. The more they want to bet on something the shorter the odds. This works out especially well in Europe when big teams play away and the home team are at much higher odds than they should be (AC vs Barca anyone?).
It's like in a normal match, the odds of a draw are usually around 10% higher than you should be getting (on an exchange like betfair they are anyway) because quite simply- who wants to bet on a draw?

Oh and UEFA being one of the most corrupt organisations around probably has something to do with it too.
He who doesn't shoot the arrow, can be the one who kills the deer

Offline lankyguy007

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew.
  • Legend
Live streamed on here http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2013/draws/round=2000360/index.html

Draw should be fairly soon, just after the Europa League one.
Football is a lie - Rafa Benitez

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration
  • Legend
  • Bam!
It is on eurosport too.

They have a draw for the final....
My Twitter
I bet in the Guardiola household they have to pass the biscuits around for 90 minutes before anyone can eat one