Author Topic: Alex Ferguson:- It was beyond the pale  (Read 36605 times)

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
Alex Ferguson:- It was beyond the pale
« on: December 28, 2012, 10:21:49 am »

Alex Ferguson in 2009:- "Everton are a big club, not a small one which Benitez arrogantly said. But arrogance is one thing. You cannot forgive contempt, which is what he showed Sam Allardyce last weekend. When Liverpool scored their second goal he signalled as if the game was ­finished. I do not think Sam deserved that. Sam has worked so hard for the LMA [League Managers Association] and he's had a weakened team. I just thought it showed contempt. In my experience no Liverpool manager has ever done that. It was beyond the pale."

Alex Ferguson in 2012?

"Focus on spat with Dean is price of being at most famous club in world and not a wee club in the north-east like Newcastle."

A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Alex Ferguson:- It was beyond the pale
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 10:23:48 am »

Alex Ferguson in 2009:- "Everton are a big club, not a small one which Benitez arrogantly said. But arrogance is one thing. You cannot forgive contempt, which is what he showed Sam Allardyce last weekend. When Liverpool scored their second goal he signalled as if the game was ­finished. I do not think Sam deserved that. Sam has worked so hard for the LMA [League Managers Association] and he's had a weakened team. I just thought it showed contempt. In my experience no Liverpool manager has ever done that. It was beyond the pale."

Alex Ferguson in 2012?

"Focus on spat with Dean is price of being at most famous club in world and not a wee club in the north-east like Newcastle."

Whiskey noise in being a massive hypocrite shocker.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 10:26:56 am »
Ah..

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 10:31:42 am »
Dickhead on dickhead battle.

"He is the worst for haranguing referees. His whole staff, every game. He was at it the whole game on Wed."

"He shoves a ref then makes a joke of it, then he's got the cheek to criticise me. It's unbelievable."

"He forgets the help I've given him, by the way."

"The focus on the spat with Dean is the price of being at most famous club in world, and not a wee club in the north-east like Newcastle."

Did make me smirk, admittedly - mostly because I can't stand Pardew.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 10:42:22 am »
Shame so many Managers kiss his arse. Be nice if they turned on him.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 10:48:12 am »

I'm probably being a grumpy tawt and reading too much into that but what a fucking horrible man he is. So much subtext to that line, like how dare Pardew criticise him, but at the same time showing the influence he has in this League in terms of making or breaking the careers of some of the younger managers. Basically, keep in with me and I'll look after you...

Or am I just being paranoid?!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 10:49:36 am »

I'm probably being a grumpy tawt and reading too much into that but what a fucking horrible man he is. So much subtext to that line, like how dare Pardew criticise him, but at the same time showing the influence he has in this League in terms of making or breaking the careers of some of the younger managers. Basically, keep in with me and I'll look after you...

Not at all. It is all part of what works for him - keep the Managers on side, etc.

Just amazed a Knight of the realm acts like this.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 11:03:01 am »
This thread will last long

Why people allow this guy to get under their skin I will never know.

Offline DerKaiser

• It's German for "TheCheesyRanter". Likes young boys.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 11:03:16 am »
What a despicable man. The sooner he leaves the game the better.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 11:03:51 am »
The most vile and disgusting human being ever to manage a Premier League club. Sadly, he's untouchable.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 11:09:07 am »
I must confess to having a bit of a chuckle at this, not just at Ferguson's hypocrisy but that Pardew has clearly got under his skin with what he said. I'm not a fan of Pardew but he does get my respect for having a go at the old bastard. Bit naughty calling the barcodes a wee team, at least they have some real, passionate fans and not just stockbrokers and lawyers from Buckinghamshire. Should make for some interesting viewing when that lot go to St James' Park next.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 11:12:43 am »
Tbf, Everton are a far bigger club than Newcastle.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 11:20:02 am »
Whiskey noise in being a massive hypocrite shocker.

This. What an absolute classless twat of a man he is.

Looking forward to B&W Paul's comments in this thread, knowing how much he loves old bacon face. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 11:21:28 am »
he does what he wants and his influence is undeniable. it's not being a wild conspiracy theorist saying that, it's simply the truth.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 11:25:23 am »
This. What an absolute classless twat of a man he is.

Looking forward to B&W Paul's comments in this thread, knowing how much he loves old bacon face. ;D

I hope this thread isn't locked before his comments on the matter

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 11:26:07 am »

I used to think this was all paranoia but since last season and the whole Suarez affair things have changed.  Ferguson has a lot of clout.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 11:28:03 am »
Can't believe the FA let whiskey nose get away with abusing the ref,linesman and fourth official and then send letters asking for explanations for Mancini and Redknapps comments.

Scrap that its the Fa

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 11:32:40 am »
I have no idea why Ferguson hasn't been charged (well I do ... it's cos it's the FA we're talking about).

However, the FA's reason was "we can't do anything as the referee didn't mention it in his report".  Which leaves me very confused .... on the one hand they can't further punish players if the ref says he has dealt with it but they now also can't punish Fergie cos the ref has not dealt with it ?

And there are still people on here who believe the FA aren't corrupt and a law unto themselves  :lmao

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 11:37:02 am »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8169153.stm

Manchester United manager Mr. Ferguson says Manchester City "are a small club with a small mentality".

Its been done.
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 11:37:29 am »
I used to think this was all paranoia but since last season and the whole Suarez affair things have changed.  Ferguson has a lot of clout.

That's the thing. When I say 'paranoid' I don't mean it in a 'tinfoil hat, the League is all corrupt' kind of way. Just that he undeniably has a huge amount of influence that no-one at the FA has the balls to try and reign in.

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 11:37:52 am »
Can't say often enough how much I'm looking forward to his retirement.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline Dick_Emre

• Kopite
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 11:38:35 am »
Nice to see the "wee club" getting under old bacon faces skin.
This old c*nt is like the embarrassing drunken uncle you have to tolerate at Christmas.
#PardewForEngland

Offline Captain-Carra

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Norbert Klopp. The Boss.
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 11:38:51 am »
Vilest person to work in football. Gets away with what he wants and has pretty much run the english league on his own for the past 20 years
"The major civilising force in the world is not religion, it's sex." - Hugh Hefner

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 11:41:51 am »
Can't believe the FA let whiskey nose get away with abusing the ref,linesman and fourth official and then send letters asking for explanations for Mancini and Redknapps comments.

This was my initial thought, but have since found out Mike Dean didn't put anything in his post match report, which now begs the question why? Is he too scared of the repercussions?

Also why can the FA not act on television evidence as they do for other cases?

I am not a conspiracy theorist but there definitely appears to be a case of "one rule for one" in this case!

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 11:42:56 am »
Strange that Talksport are now saying that Rafa was right over his facts statement about Fergie at the time they took the piss,
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 11:47:11 am »
This was my initial thought, but have since found out Mike Dean didn't put anything in his post match report, which now begs the question why? Is he too scared of the repercussions?

Also why can the FA not act on television evidence as they do for other cases?

I am not a conspiracy theorist but there definitely appears to be a case of "one rule for one" in this case!

It's not a conspiracy, as in the FA and refs etc have got together and decided anything. It's just that he's been around for so long and so successful that he's given more leeway and allowed to get away with things others don't. He's also very good at using his influence amongst the LMA and with the media. So conspiracy? No, I don't think so. Gutless FA sucking his dick because they're shit scared of him?... absolutely.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline happydonut

• Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2012, 11:59:05 am »
Dickhead on dickhead battle.

"He shoves a ref then makes a joke of it, then he's got the cheek to criticise me. It's unbelievable."

He's got a point here.
Pardew didn't even get banned for shoving a ref, twice, and then says someone else should get banned.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2012, 12:10:48 pm »
Strange that Talksport are now saying that Rafa was right over his facts statement about Fergie at the time they took the piss,

Really? Link?

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2012, 12:11:16 pm »
Makes you scratch your head, doesn't it? Rafa is no longer Liverpool's manager, hence he will now be adored by the media. Am I being paranoid?
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 12:13:30 pm »
He really makes me sick does Ferguson. Such a vile old man
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 12:15:42 pm »
Did you know most familys on Christmas day in the UK have turkey for their Christmas dinner?

This is more surprising to me than anything that man says.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:21:44 pm by It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Cochise »
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 12:23:37 pm »
I'm not a fan of Pardew either but I will applaud anyone who stands up to the bacon faced twat. As Rafa found out, anyone who criticises him gets the treatment from the media. He definately has influence within the FA and other managers are scared to speak out. Christ, even Wenger has just been on with an interview and you could see he was very uncomfortable and was extremely careful in the answers he gave. He clearly couldn't say what he wanted to say.
I really hope more teams expose him as the bullying nasty piece of shit he really is.   >:(

Offline Tumbleweed

• Anny Roader
  • Pax Bisonica
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 12:45:13 pm »

Da fuq?!

[edit]Where's the OP quoting from anyway?
“To wage war three things are necessary; money, money, and yet more money”
Gian-Jacopo Trivulzio, Marshall of France (1499)

"The club always goes on. You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club"
Jürgen Klopp (2018)

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 12:45:13 pm »
little or no point getting worked up about this or him.

we all know nothing will ever get done about it.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 12:49:10 pm »
They could give him a  fine which the club would probably pay and they could ban him for a couple of games from touchline, but Man Utd would still win their games and that really the crux of the matter isn't it

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2012, 12:53:35 pm »
Makes you scratch your head, doesn't it? Rafa is no longer Liverpool's manager, hence he will now be adored by the media. Am I being paranoid?

He just won 8-0, it's an easy point for the media to make over the Chelsea fans that didn't want him because they now look stupid. When the pressure comes on in later in the season, the media will be all over Rafa again, guaranteed.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2012, 12:54:19 pm »
If Ferguson keeps getting away with abusing our referees even 10-year-olds will start to copy him 

During a difficult few weeks for Mark Clattenburg earlier this season, Mr. Ferguson’s support, and indeed his implied criticism of the referee’s accusers at Chelsea, was helpful.
For all the noise that surrounds English football, when Ferguson speaks people tend to listen.
This is precisely why, however, the Manchester United manager’s behaviour during his team’s tense 4-3 victory over Newcastle on Boxing Day was so unhelpful when the gap between those who play the game and those who try to keep order seems to be widening.

Ferguson’s primary responsibility is to his football club, of course.
If he feels — as he did two days ago — that a referee’s decision has gone against his team, then he is quite within his rights to say so.
There are, however, ways and means, and his haranguing of referee Mike Dean and his colleagues in the wake of Newcastle’s controversial second goal at Old Trafford saw him  standing squarely on the wrong side of the line.
Players, remember, take their lead from their manager. Supporters take theirs from the team. And so it goes on, all the way down the football food chain until the 10-year-old on the park verbally abuses the referee of his Saturday morning game.

The connection — indeed, the responsibility — really is that straightforward. It is four years since the FA launched their ‘Respect’ campaign in an effort to encourage tolerance, understanding and dialogue between all parties. In the interim, nothing has  fundamentally changed and here was the evidence.
Ferguson is not alone. Football’s  ill-treatment of its officials is so well established as to be almost a  tradition and the likes of Tony Pulis, Mark Hughes and Alan Pardew have all been notable offenders. Indeed, an hour after the Scot pursued Dean on to the field after half-time in Manchester, his rival from across town Roberto Mancini accused referee Kevin Friend of eating too much over Christmas.

A throwaway gag, perhaps, but one designed to embarrass and question the man who had overseen City’s defeat at Sunderland at a time when the Italian should perhaps have been asking questions closer to home.
It all looked and sounded rather ugly and yesterday brought no relief as we discovered, to nobody’s  surprise, that Ferguson’s behaviour would not form part of Dean’s report to the FA.
This is the bit where responsibility needs to be shared a little.
Dean, by all accounts, believes  Ferguson didn’t cross the line of what is acceptable when he entered the field before the start of the second half to complain about Newcastle’s goal. Why is this? In moments like this, one of the Premier League’s most experienced and respected  officials should be brave enough to set an example.

As for Ferguson’s subsequent  badgering of linesman Jake Collin and fourth official Neil Swarbrick, Dean apparently didn’t see it as his back was turned. Why, though, didn’t one of them tell him? They wear microphones and earpieces for precisely these moments.
Why, also, did Collin or Swarbrick not inform Dean that Ferguson spent much of a fractious second period standing yards outside his technical area? These matters are clearly their responsibility.
Perhaps they, too, were caught up in the emotion of the afternoon. Maybe their minds become scrambled and poor decisions are the result. Or maybe they are nervous about upsetting Ferguson. Old Trafford is the grandest domestic setting in English football and all officials crave the opportunity to work there. Those who have upset the United manager have sometimes waited a while to return.
Martin Atkinson, for example, annoyed Ferguson during an FA Cup loss to Portsmouth in March 2008. Ferguson was charged by the FA for his post-match comments (he was later cleared) but the real victim was the official, who was not asked to work at Old Trafford again until the very end of that year.

Certainly, this is key to the issue. Our referees and their assistants must take charge of the big games on the big stages confident that their performances, rather than people’s reactions to them, will count  when the next match lists are being put together.
On Boxing Day, Ferguson didn’t cover himself in glory but neither, it must be said, did Dean.
The majority of his decisions were correct — including the one he made in awarding the controversial Newcastle goal — but it looks from the outside as though he allowed Ferguson to go too far in the moments before the start of the second half and has therefore done the game, and his profession, a disservice.

Ferguson, for his part, knows how great is his responsibility. He probably won’t have enjoyed looking at the replay on Wednesday night.
His sympathy for Clattenburg earlier this season was genuine. He did his bit.
In the heat of  battle on a wet Manchester Wednesday this Christmas, though, the United manager lost his way a little and those paid to keep him, and all the others, in check have now allowed him to get away with it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2253952/If-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-keeps-getting-away-abusing-referees-10-year-olds-start-copy-him.html
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Nana

• Nacedonian Nastodon
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2012, 12:54:57 pm »

As much as I despise Chelsea as a club, this is exactly why I would love for them to win the league title this season.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2012, 12:56:11 pm »
His managers friends are turning in him.. His face will be like fireworks after each game now lol
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2012, 12:57:53 pm »
Always has been, and always will be a c*nt.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT