Author Topic: Dortmund  (Read 201537 times)

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
Dortmund
« on: October 3, 2012, 09:53:48 pm »
They really do deserve their own thread. €7.7 million is their net spend since Klopp took over in summer 2008.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dortmund
« Reply #1 on: October 3, 2012, 09:56:22 pm »
I just hope he doesn't take over at Madrid next summer so we can have Sahin  :wave

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2 on: October 3, 2012, 10:11:49 pm »
That is how football should be played.

Positivity all over the park.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 3, 2012, 10:12:23 pm »
Talking of Sahin and Dortmund we saw today why Sahin is  good at making those runs in to the box. When Dortmund attack they often get 4,5 or even 6 players in the box sometimes which is something our team wasn't doing at all last season.  Dortmund for me has been one of the most entertaining sides in Europe for past 2 years

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 3, 2012, 10:18:09 pm »
Brilliant team and fantastic to watch them play. Some great talents there. And you can only love Klopp.
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline DerKaiser

• It's German for "TheCheesyRanter". Likes young boys.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 3, 2012, 10:27:06 pm »
Great team. Great players. Great manager. Great fans.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #6 on: October 3, 2012, 10:27:11 pm »
Watch Reus' goal against Gladbach on the weekend - what a team they have there.

Amazing fans as well, they didn't stop singing the whole game. Fantastic club.
JFT97

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #7 on: October 3, 2012, 10:27:37 pm »
Die Sudtribune, The modern day old Kop.

« Last Edit: October 3, 2012, 10:32:18 pm by KERRYKOP »

Offline Nut/ella

• do!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 3, 2012, 10:28:27 pm »
7.7 is their net spend?  :o. That's brilliant!

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #9 on: October 3, 2012, 10:29:14 pm »

Mit dem YNWA
JFT97

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #10 on: October 3, 2012, 10:29:38 pm »
The new Bilbao, who were the new Dortmund.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #11 on: October 3, 2012, 10:36:23 pm »
I just hope he doesn't take over at Madrid next summer so we can have Sahin  :wave

He won't. He's gonna be at Dortmund for a few good years. Says he has started a project which he wants to finish, and imo, it will only finish once they win the CL.

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 3, 2012, 10:38:49 pm »
He won't. He's gonna be at Dortmund for a few good years. Says he has started a project which he wants to finish, and imo, it will only finish once they win the CL.
He's going to be there a long time so.

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 3, 2012, 10:43:52 pm »
Great team. Great players. Great manager. Great fans.

Had the exact same words typed out 30 minutes ago and forgot to post it. Great club I've loved watching them over the last few years.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
« Reply #14 on: October 3, 2012, 10:44:13 pm »
Fucking love them.

Offline Babel Time

• "Gezza job!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 3, 2012, 10:48:01 pm »

He has also stated that he could not turn down the German national team job though, so not sure what would happen if he got offered a job by Real Madrid, arguably the biggest job in club football. Hope he stays at Dortmund for a while and finishes what he started.
Babel Time (n) Difference in time between supporters calling for player to come from the bench in a bid to change the game, and the time it takes the supporters to round on said substitute after he's come on and proved ineffectual. ...

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 3, 2012, 10:48:49 pm »
He has also stated that he could not turn down the German national team job though, so not sure what would happen if he got offered a job by Real Madrid, arguably the biggest job in club football. Hope he stays at Dortmund for a while and finishes what he started.

If he has any sense, he won't touch Madrid. 

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 3, 2012, 10:56:07 pm »
Great club and fans.
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #18 on: October 3, 2012, 10:56:39 pm »
If he has any sense, he won't touch Madrid. 
Was thinking that as well their turnover of managers wouldn't suit Klopp. It does with Maureen.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #19 on: October 3, 2012, 11:03:57 pm »
In general, I think the Germans do football clubs and leagues better than anyone else.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 3, 2012, 11:05:34 pm »
In general, I think the Germans do football clubs and leagues better than anyone else.

Definetly. The best place in the world to watch footbll I'd say.

Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #21 on: October 3, 2012, 11:06:27 pm »
Some people follow 2 teams. Most of us proper football fans can't love another club, its just as simple, but dortmund is a club i admire on the whole. Really wish we follow their model under Rodgers. We have far more money to spend than them. It just goes to show what management, scouting and passion can do for you. Take note DC and KD, thats how you spend money.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 3, 2012, 11:08:08 pm »
Dortmund have been my favourite team to watch for about a year. They defend and attack so cohesively and they are so compact and organised with their pressing game. I said before the group stages started that it will be Real and Dortmund that qualify, not City and I'm happy with that prediction so far. They were superb tonight, one of the best performances you'll see from any team this season.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Babel Time

• "Gezza job!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 3, 2012, 11:11:50 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/12hgUaLDAFs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GBI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/12hgUaLDAFs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GBI</a>

Reus, Goetze, Hummels and Lewandowski seem to get the most attention around here, but after some teething difficulties after first joining Dortmund and being tasked with replacing Sahin, Guendogan has really started to shine in the last nine months. Boss player.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2012, 11:14:09 pm by Babel Time »
Babel Time (n) Difference in time between supporters calling for player to come from the bench in a bid to change the game, and the time it takes the supporters to round on said substitute after he's come on and proved ineffectual. ...

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #24 on: October 3, 2012, 11:14:47 pm »
Definetly. The best place in the world to watch footbll I'd say.

for sure, i just think that the bundesliga model and how the majority of clubs are loyal to german players gives the league a great balance.  they have great fans who are dedicated.  Its cheap to get into and stadiums are great.  i think its the third best league in the world
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 3, 2012, 11:16:44 pm »
for sure, i just think that the bundesliga model and how the majority of clubs are loyal to german players gives the league a great balance.  they have great fans who are dedicated.  Its cheap to get into and stadiums are great.  i think its the third best league in the world

You get to watch the ground without breaking the bank, with a beer in your hand, with thousands of like-minded individuals around you?

How, on that evidence, is it not the BEST then?

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #26 on: October 3, 2012, 11:23:56 pm »
You get to watch the ground without breaking the bank, with a beer in your hand, with thousands of like-minded individuals around you?
Bet the beer is piss water though ;)

Whats the average attendance at Dortmund? Them having a 80,000 seater stadium just seems mad.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 3, 2012, 11:27:49 pm »
The general ignorance of Souness and Wilkins on Dortmund tonight just about summed up the level of "punditry" up in this country where the world revolves around the Premier League and the odd pundit will also watch the El Classico games when they come around but nothing else. I don't see how anyone who's watched Dortmund for the past two years on a regular basis would have been shocked by their performance tonight because they've got some bloody good players.

Fantastic club from top to bottom.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #28 on: October 3, 2012, 11:28:31 pm »

How, on that evidence, is it not the BEST then?
on that evidence, its hard to argue, but you're taking out the product, football.
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 3, 2012, 11:29:06 pm »
on that evidence, its hard to argue, but you're taking out the product, football.

Everybody know that the 'product' is really just a sideshow.

Offline tanvir

• Kopite
« Reply #30 on: October 3, 2012, 11:30:36 pm »

THAT is a fucking football ground.

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
« Reply #31 on: October 3, 2012, 11:32:33 pm »
Most exciting league in the world to watch for me. Generally very open games. Most goals scored on average every season in comparison to the other top leagues. Maybe if you base football on how many dozen millions Chelsea and City dish out every season on world class players only to produce boring football, then yes the prem has the best football.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #32 on: October 3, 2012, 11:34:51 pm »
The new Bilbao, who were the new Dortmund.

Who were the new Sevilla.

They remind me of that Sevilla. Got a coach and at Sporting Director right at the top of their game over the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Their fans were amazing.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #33 on: October 3, 2012, 11:34:52 pm »

Any idea the capacity of that stand? Looks crazy.

In fact I googled it, 28,000 I read. Unbelievable.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2012, 11:39:00 pm by Henry Gale »

Offline DominicQ

• Kopite
« Reply #34 on: October 3, 2012, 11:36:34 pm »

If I was pushed I'd probably say I prefer Gladbach but have mad respect for Dortmund.

Offline Ryba

• Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
« Reply #35 on: October 3, 2012, 11:39:44 pm »

THAT is a fucking football ground.

To be fair, the Emirates & Wemberley piss all over it when it comes to number of executive boxes.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 3, 2012, 11:39:58 pm »
Reus, Goetze, Hummels and Lewandowski seem to get the most attention around here, but after some teething difficulties after first joining Dortmund and being tasked with replacing Sahin, Guendogan has really started to shine in the last nine months. Boss player.

Was amazing tonight.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 3, 2012, 11:42:44 pm »
The general ignorance of Souness and Wilkins on Dortmund tonight just about summed up the level of "punditry" up in this country where the world revolves around the Premier League and the odd pundit will also watch the El Classico games when they come around but nothing else. I don't see how anyone who's watched Dortmund for the past two years on a regular basis would have been shocked by their performance tonight because they've got some bloody good players.

Crazy wasn't it? These are the German champions ffs, you'd have thought they might have seen them play or perhaps done some research, they are fucking football pundits after all. Like, that's their job.

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 3, 2012, 11:51:15 pm »
Bet the beer is piss water though ;)

Whats the average attendance at Dortmund? Them having a 80,000 seater stadium just seems mad.

Think they have the highest average attendance in Europe mate not far off 80,000 it is.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #39 on: October 3, 2012, 11:58:18 pm »
Think they have the highest average attendance in Europe mate not far off 80,000 it is.
Well that's just amazing really.  Jealous.