Author Topic: Keeping the Faith.  (Read 11149 times)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Keeping the Faith.
« on: September 23, 2012, 05:11:03 pm »
2 Points from 5 games is not the start anyone wanted but the start of the seaon has had some interesting pointers for me. Take the fixtures, WBA, Man City, Arsenal, Sunderland and Man United, would any Manager have picked that? I doubt it.

And yes its not an excuse. We have a new Manager, New players, New tatics, Formation and of course a New Era. People will and have moaned about of start but i look at it in another way. We have got shot of a lot of 'deadwood' and brought in some young, talented and hungry players like Allen, Borini Yesil. Add to this and what many, many posters on here have been screaming for, the young lads, Shelvey looks great, Sterling a breath of fresh air, Wisdom a brick and Suso who looks a right player in my books.

After todays game yes i was dissapointed but not gutted because i tell you what these lads want it, and want it bad and i get a feeling that this squad are coming together very well and the Pride of wearing that Red Jersey means alot to them. Kelly, another who is grown and Henderson in the last two games looks as if he needed and got a kick in the hole and has come back stronger. But of couse all is not well on Planet Anfield but i see signs of that things are starting to come togeather, it takes times and i for one am very willing to give this squad that time.

Come Jan i think we need to tweek the squad with some very offensive players, 2 CF's and a CAM type plus a CDM to boot. At the back we are fine and Pepe will come good again and with Coates, Kelly, Agger, Skrtel and Carra we are fine at CB, FB might need some attention.

So all in all this season has possibly forced our youthfuul hand but i for one think it is a nice hand we have played because Henderson, Borini, Kelly, Allen, Suso, Wisdom, Coates, Shelvey, Stirling, Pacheco and Yesil all look like being around for a long, long time. Add to that Suarez, Gerrard, Lucas, Agger, Skrtel and Co. and i think with those new players we will be fighting for the title sooner rather than later.

Keep the Faith its all coming together.

Y.N.W.A.

Sarge.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
Re: Keeping the Faith.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 05:12:35 pm »
Great read. And to be honest, I'm genuinely not worried with Rodgers in charge.  :-X
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline shravan.satya

• Kopite
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 05:14:16 pm »
We will be fine, eventually and with Rodgers in charge. He is getting us to play some awesome football and once he signs a quality striker, we will be up there at the top 3. Patience needed.
YNWA

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 05:15:38 pm »
Great read. And to be honest, I'm genuinely not worried with Rodgers in charge.  :-X
It started to click. We could all see the flow and football we were playing in the first half. When it clicks it looks great. We need a striker on the end of it though, and in Jan that should be our number 1 priority. Dip into the kitty and get us a decent striker.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 05:15:50 pm »
Spot on Sarge, I have uttermost belief that this is the guy we need.

Judging by the support Brendan got near the end I think he's got the faith of the majority of us. Let's just hope that's no different over in Boston.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 05:16:08 pm »
To be honest, I'm not even too bothered with the result today.  We dominated the first half against one of the best teams in the league and they only won because of an iffy sending off, a non-penalty and an outstanding goal from their shit rightback out of nowhere.

The fact that we were still passing and we were still moving forwards was a big plus for me.  Along with the manager starting Coates against City and then bringing Suso on today, I'm really optimistic about the future.

Just got to give it time.  When it comes good, it'll be something special.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 05:16:42 pm »
Results will come, last season Arsenal had 4 points from the first five games and finished 3rd, if we play like we did today then results will come for sure, just a bit of patience & unity from our supporters needed.

Excellent OP BTW.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 05:17:40 pm »
Its painful losing when you shouldn't and certainly after putting in good performances but you can see clearly we're playing well and eventually the tables will turn.

No one should use the league table to judge our progress as what Rodgers is fixing is far deeper than that. He is doing the right thing.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 05:17:47 pm »
Shouldn't even need to be said, but you're spot on.

Rodgers is taking us in the right direction, and the results will come if we continue to play the way we do.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 05:18:41 pm »
Results will come eventually, but this is already feeling like a worse version of last season.

We need a player to discover a rich vein of goalscoring form, because that's the only thing that's going to end this curse we've got at the moment.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 05:19:46 pm »
We performed really well today, controlled the game in the first half pretty much. Keep positive. Rodgers knows what he is doing and how he wants to do it.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 05:20:34 pm »
Rodgers has been stitched up by owners who want to do things on the cheap. This game is for pragmatists, those who score the most goals win and we don't have enough nous in the squad to score enough goals.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline TrueNorthRED

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 05:21:05 pm »
2 Points from 5 games is not the start anyone wanted but the start of the seaon has had some interesting pointers for me. Take the fixtures, WBA, Man City, Arsenal, Sunderland and Man United, would any Manager have picked that? I doubt it.

And yes its not an excuse. We have a new Manager, New players, New tatics, Formation and of course a New Era. People will and have moaned about of start but i look at it in another way. We have got shot of a lot of 'deadwood' and brought in some young, talented and hungry players like Allen, Borini Yesil. Add to this and what many, many posters on here have been screaming for, the young lads, Shelvey looks great, Sterling a breath of fresh air, Wisdom a brick and Suso who looks a right player in my books.

After todays game yes i was dissapointed but not gutted because i tell you what these lads want it, and want it bad and i get a feeling that this squad are coming together very well and the Pride of wearing that Red Jersey means alot to them. Kelly, another who is grown and Henderson in the last two games looks as if he needed and got a kick in the hole and has come back stronger. But of couse all is not well on Planet Anfield but i see signs of that things are starting to come togeather, it takes times and i for one am very willing to give this squad that time.

Come Jan i think we need to tweek the squad with some very offensive players, 2 CF's and a CAM type plus a CDM to boot. At the back we are fine and Pepe will come good again and with Coates, Kelly, Agger, Skrtel and Carra we are fine at CB, FB might need some attention.

So all in all this season has possibly forced our youthfuul hand but i for one think it is a nice hand we have played because Henderson, Borini, Kelly, Allen, Suso, Wisdom, Coates, Shelvey, Stirling, Pacheco and Yesil all look like being around for a long, long time. Add to that Suarez, Gerrard, Lucas, Agger, Skrtel and Co. and i think with those new players we will be fighting for the title sooner rather than later.

Y.N.W.A.

Sarge.

THIS is what keeps me up at night though. I think that sounds a bit pricey, no? What if we don't spend?
"He plays as any supporter would if they were born with such demonic talent."

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 05:21:45 pm »
No one should use the league table to judge our progress as what Rodgers is fixing is far deeper than that. He is doing the right thing.
No one should look at the league table till December, remember Spurs collapse last season from sitting comfortably on 3rd place to almost dropping out of CL places or Chelsea's collapse the season before despite sitting comfortably at the top of the table at the start of December.

It's a long season with only just one month played and 5 games out of 38, anyone worrying about our league position right now is an idiot.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 05:22:21 pm »
It started to click. We could all see the flow and football we were playing in the first half. When it clicks it looks great. We need a striker on the end of it though, and in Jan that should be our number 1 priority. Dip into the kitty and get us a decent striker.
People are forgetting that we are losing goals with ease, and have just lost our star defender in Agger and also Kelly.

Looking good means nothing. We are passing the ball very well, but screwing up the basics.

It's not just about a striker, but cover for Lucas and cover for Enrique.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Juanyboy

• Kopite
  • Enjoying the sun, missing the football
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 05:23:14 pm »

Y.N.W.A.

Sarge.

top post and echoes what I and thankfully a lot of us are thinking.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 05:23:36 pm »
Never lost it. The results will come.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 05:23:59 pm »

It will click. And it will click soon.

The mentality of the players have changed. We continued to attack and stay competitive with 10 men and we looked composed. Go back 6-12 months ago, and we would of played 10 men behind the ball playing for the draw.

The youth has definitely rejuvenated the squad, and with the likes of Downing and Carroll being overlooked (with Carroll sent out on loan) after paying large fees to bring them in has shown that no ones position is guaranteed. The players are fighting for their positions and soon enough we'll be rewarded for it. The future is bright.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 05:24:57 pm »
People are forgetting that we are losing goals with ease, and have just lost our star defender in Agger and also Kelly.

Looking good means nothing. We are passing the ball very well, but screwing up the basics.

It's not just about a striker, but cover for Lucas and cover for Enrique.

Think Allen is decent cover for Lucas. A left back in a key spot we need, but honestly a guy who puts the ball in the net is a higher priority for us IMHO.

Its a new system with new players we are going to make mistakes, even the basics. Although today I think we made a lot less mistakes (basics wise)

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 05:25:45 pm »
I wasn't expecting a world beating season and thought we would finish around mid table. I still think that will be the case but so far the performances are streets ahead of what I expected.

Bringing players like Sterling and Suso through will be the best thing about this season. Stars for the future, get Suso a contract ASAP!

If luck didn't keep kicking us in the bollocks we would be on 9 points

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 05:26:05 pm »
Completely agree and Rodgers has my 100% support.

I just hope he was the same backing from FSG. The last thing we need is another manager change. Another squad overhaul. We have a vision for the way forward. Now all we need is stability and results will come eventually.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 05:26:27 pm »
Results will come, last season Arsenal had 4 points from the first five games and finished 3rd, if we play like we did today then results will come for sure, just a bit of patience & unity from our supporters needed.

Excellent OP BTW.
Arsenal don't have our problems, mainly a lack of cover for half the squad and an inability to score.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2012, 05:26:51 pm »
Can't see FSG keeping Rodgers if we don't finish higher than last season.

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 05:26:56 pm »
If you just want to look at the table and mouth off, then just do one - seriously your not needed.

I cant say Ive seen much of that-  but then I don't inhabit the twatisphere
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 05:27:10 pm »
today made me belive even more in what we are doing. thought we were bloody brilliant.

Offline stiffnuts

• rustytool
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2012, 05:29:59 pm »
Some excellent signs not at all worried by it. You can actually see what's happening, the team today were immense and played united off the park for 45 minutes, I still feel we need to get our angles right a bit more and when a player passes he needs to move into space, we need a finisher up front and hopefully Suarez can be more consistent, a very young team are coming along nicely. I will keep the faith as there are a lot of positive signs. I do think that we have been put back a couple of years by previous regimes and previous managers but we seem to be moving forward !

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2012, 05:30:05 pm »
Think Allen is decent cover for Lucas. A left back in a key spot we need, but honestly a guy who puts the ball in the net is a higher priority for us IMHO.

Its a new system with new players we are going to make mistakes, even the basics. Although today I think we made a lot less mistakes (basics wise)
Our problems in defence are basics. The worry is that we are not doing enough to eradicate them. Lack of tracking back from some players, being beaten too easy ect ect.

Allen isn't a patch on Lucas, nor should we be looking at him for that.

I will say I am impressed with the running in behind of our forwards, Boreni and Suarez. Problem is we have no one coming a little late to give them options.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2012, 05:31:38 pm »
If Henry thinks Valentine should get another year at the Red Sox when they're at the foot of AL East surely he won't axe Rodgers unless he is taking the piss.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2012, 05:31:58 pm »
The thread is called 'Keeping the Faith'
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2012, 05:32:46 pm »
No one should look at the league table till December, remember Spurs collapse last season from sitting comfortably on 3rd place to almost dropping out of CL places or Chelsea's collapse the season before despite sitting comfortably at the top of the table at the start of December.

It's a long season with only just one month played and 5 games out of 38, anyone worrying about our league position right now is an idiot.

Spot on.

And don't forget we were within sight of the table toppers up until January,then look what happened.

The only league table we need to care about is the one at the end of may.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2012, 05:34:54 pm »
It was a tough start and we haven't got what we've deserved so far, just hope the players keep faith in what they're doing, the wins will come.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 05:36:08 pm »
Rodgers has been stitched up by owners who want to do things on the cheap. This game is for pragmatists, those who score the most goals win and we don't have enough nous in the squad to score enough goals.
oh come on now mate, we've got financial stability now apparently.

Why I'm just trying to find something to rhyme something with 'balance sheet' for my latest chant.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 05:36:21 pm »
The thread is called 'Keeping the Faith'

Why wouldn't you keep the faith? If you're a life long supporter then keeping the faith isn't a problem.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2012, 05:36:27 pm »
As i said i think thingsd are coming on nicely indeed and the likes of Suso and Stirling jusy proive that to me, really think Suso is a top find.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2012, 05:37:56 pm »
Why wouldn't you keep the faith? If you're a life long supporter then keeping the faith isn't a problem.
What the hell? I didn't say keeping the faith should be a problem. I was responding to a negative comment

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2012, 05:41:46 pm »
to be honest when I saw that we had Man U, City and Arsenal in the first 5 my heart sank. But it just may be a good thing that those games are out of the way. But we need to start picking up wins against the lesser teams home and away. I am greatly heartened by the young players coming through. Strategically we look to be making good strides. Just need points now.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2012, 05:44:04 pm »

Of course they'll keep him, jeez.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2012, 05:44:41 pm »
Faith in Rodgers is rock solid but worried about the size of the squad

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2012, 05:48:35 pm »
Agreed. Team did well today considering the red card. We outplayed them but they just had a better front line. But I can see Rodgers being a very good manager for us

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2012, 05:48:48 pm »
Faith in Rodgers is rock solid but worried about the size of the squad

We all know that but some of the young lads are now proving that we can fill some of those places, added bonus ya know. ;)
Y.N.W.A.