Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 45473 times)

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Jordan Henderson
« on: May 30, 2012, 01:49:03 pm »
Couldn't find an unlocked thread.

He could well be the 5th LFC player to be representing England at the Euro's.

philmcnulty: Frank Lampard pulls up in England training with a thigh injury. He will have a scan and Jordan Henderson put on stand-by.

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 01:50:10 pm »
Lol if he makes the Euro Squad then Fordy might just collapse in a quivering wreck
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline iVapor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 01:51:41 pm »
Was searching for his thread, in one mind i want frank to be injured as would love to see jordan there, however if he doesnt perform the media is going to slate him! Milner will start over him anyway wont he?

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 01:54:16 pm »
I think it would be better for Henderson to play in the Olympics rather than sit on the bench for England at the Euros.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 01:56:07 pm »
Good. Just need Kelly to sneak into the squad too now...

Offline Base21

• Main Stander
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 02:03:50 pm »
I think it would be better for Henderson to play in the Olympics rather than sit on the bench for England at the Euros.

Which brings an interesting question... who do you think is going to play for the GB squad from LFC? I hope Pearce doesn't take any of our regular starters, if any had to go
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 02:07:08 pm »
Gotta give Roy credit, he's a stubborn old git, still thinks he's the liverpool manger with all these call ups

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 02:13:59 pm »
Which brings an interesting question... who do you think is going to play for the GB squad from LFC? I hope Pearce doesn't take any of our regular starters, if any had to go

I think Henderson will go, he'll be benched for the Euros so I don't see why he can't go to both if he's not playing in the one. I think Butland is going to both since he won't be playing either.

As for others, Suarez and Coates will go. Reckon Robinson may get a callup too.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 02:25:13 pm »
Like him or not, Henderson is the type of player that England need I feel. He can keep the ball and is a team player. Wilshere and Henderson in the middle for England (in the future) is going to be very promising.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 02:29:59 pm »
Oh well,credit to Roy for choosing so many Liverpool players.
Should say that Hendo is one very lucky chap.

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 02:37:51 pm »
Oh well,credit to Roy for choosing so many Liverpool players.
Should say that Hendo is one very lucky chap.

If Lampard getting injured is what puts Hendo into the team, then I'd say that today every England fan is a lucky chap.

Offline El_Pistolero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 02:39:50 pm »
If Lampard getting injured is what puts Hendo into the team, then I'd say that today every England fan is a lucky chap.

Nah. He's shit don't'cha know?

One of four English midfielders that knows how to keep the ball and use it efficiently.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 02:39:51 pm »
think he should go to Euros, be a good experience to see what a bunch of twats the rest of the squad (bar our boys) are.

hopefully thats also the end of Fat franks ingurland career
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 02:48:56 pm »
Not sure what to make of all these LFC players at the Euros. On one hand I think it's good for all of our lads. On the other I think it just gives the press more material to hang shit on us over summer and if they do well all of those c*nts making snide comments during the season will be acting as though they've supported them all along.

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 02:49:10 pm »
Like him or not, Henderson is the type of player that England need I feel. He can keep the ball and is a team player. Wilshere and Henderson in the middle for England (in the future) is going to be very promising.

The Hodge won't like that............this keeping of the ball you speak of
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 02:55:46 pm »
Nah. He's shit don't'cha know?

One of four English midfielders that knows how to keep the ball and use it efficiently.

Lampard is a better player than Jordan and keeps the ball just as well if not better.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 02:57:36 pm »
i dont want henderson at the euros coz its gonna be a an utter disaster imo.

on the other hand i dont want him in the olympic squad because lucas should be treated with care if he doesnt get a proper full pre season behind him.
so we would want henderson playing till lucas is right.

id even wait till christmas to make sure lucas is 100% building up his fitness gradually.

obviously writing off the season ....but lucas is going to be the most important player in recent times for this club.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 02:57:40 pm »

England already have those type of players, Lampard, Barry Carrick  Cleverley, Davies even Parker. Being a limited passer of the ball doesn't make you a great player, and thats the point people seem to not understand.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 02:59:39 pm by Coolie High »

Offline El_Pistolero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 03:01:54 pm »
Lampard is a better player than Jordan and keeps the ball just as well if not better.

Doesn't use it as well though. Saying that, Lampard is  better fit for a Hodgson team since I don't think Jordan will work very well in a Hodgson 442.

Still, made up for the lad.

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 03:02:40 pm »
Think he will thrive under Rogers and international experience will only be good for the lad.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 03:04:40 pm »
Doesn't use it as well though. Saying that, Lampard is  better fit for a Hodgson team since I don't think Jordan will work very well in a Hodgson 442.

Still, made up for the lad.

He does use it well, did you not see the Barca or Bayern games? Lampard has always been that type of player. Plus he also offers the creativity and goalscoring ability that a player like Henderson lacks, Englands best bet would be to play with a three of Lampard and Parker with Gerrard just in front of them.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:09:03 pm by Coolie High »

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 03:08:03 pm »
I think it would be better for Liverpool FC if Henderson would sit on the bench during the Euros than him going to the Olympics.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline El_Pistolero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 03:16:00 pm »
He does use it well, did you not see the Barca or Bayern games? Lampard has always been that type of player. Plus he also offers the creativity and goalscoring ability that a player like Henderson lacks, Englands best bet would be to play with a three of Lampard and Parker with Gerrard just in front of them.

Sorry, you're right he does use it 'well'. It was a bad choice of word from me.

They aren't the same type of player though. What you get from Lampard is, like you said, a goal threat and some creative play. But, like Gerrard (although I think Gerrard has more ability to play it short and safe) he's a lot more direct. Lampard's done well this season in adapting his game though, so it's a lot less apparent now than it was. With Henderson you get a more mobile midfield player with more of an engine who knows exactly what he's doing when he has the ball; Henderson won't throw a ball down the flanks if there's nothing 'on'.

Lampard and Gerrard want everything done. Now. Henderson, Carrick, Barry and from what we've seen so far, Wilshere all are more patient with the ball. It's something the England midfield lacks for me.

Personally, and I'm taking it offtopic here so I apologise, England's best bet would be a 4231 setup with Parker,Barry as the '2' and Gerrard playing off the striker.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 03:16:08 pm »
Good luck to him. Doesnt really deserve tio be there imo but im sure he wont let anyone down

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 03:20:49 pm »
Made up for the lad and really hopes he goes in and has a stormer... on the the other hand, England perform poorly the kid will be the easy target and will be ripped to shreds, damaging his confidence further.

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 03:28:16 pm »
Would be a great boost for him. It's easy to forget his age and that he played most of the season out of position. Still think he'll be a massive part of this club's future.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline Redknobprob

• Kopite
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 03:30:23 pm »
Hope he makes it.  Would be great for his confidence and he can built on that.  Nothing better than a big international tournament to inspire Henderson to greater heights, with us that is.

Offline Z e u s

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 03:33:23 pm »

Bellamy might be another who goes.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 03:33:33 pm »
Good luck to him.  Can't stand seeing all my non-LFC mates slagging him off already, hope he makes them eat their words.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 04:09:40 pm »
What a season he'd have had.

Moved to Liverpool in a big money move (after an average season at Sunderland). Plays (averagely) in the euro 21s for England. Plays (averagely) in a League Cup final. Plays (averagely) in an FA Cup final. Plays alot (averagely) in the league. Gets called up to the senior squad to play for the Euros...

Insane.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 04:13:39 pm »
Best situation for us is if Henderson is called ito the full squad, trains so he maintains fitness but doesn't play much if at all so not subjected to the full intensity of a match situation, and then has a full pre-season with us as he can't be called into the Olympics squad.
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline Z e u s

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 04:17:53 pm »
What a season he'd have had.

Moved to Liverpool in a big money move (after an average season at Sunderland). Plays (averagely) in the euro 21s for England. Plays (averagely) in a League Cup final. Plays (averagely) in an FA Cup final. Plays alot (averagely) in the league. Gets called up to the senior squad to play for the Euros...

Insane.

He is better than average, don't think that post is fair at all.

Once we played him in centre midfield he looks a lot more comfortable and a very good player, one who will get better with age and experience.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2012, 04:24:50 pm »
If there's one player in our squad who Rodgers' style will suit it's Hendo.

He'll be a key player next year imo.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2012, 04:41:53 pm »
If downing can make it into the England team then it's no great achievement

Offline ActiveSloth

• Kopite
  • Brendan Rodgers, he shakes his own hand
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2012, 05:06:29 pm »
He is better than average, don't think that post is fair at all.

Once we played him in centre midfield he looks a lot more comfortable and a very good player, one who will get better with age and experience.

I'd have to agree that he was average last season but so was the majority of our squad. I love the guy and 'one who will get better with age and experience' sums him up perfectly for me, he just needs time to develop.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 05:09:59 pm »
Well done to him. Probably won't play if selected but hopefully won't go to the Olympics and come back ready for a new season with us.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 05:13:58 pm »
Is it not a little ridiculous that Michael Carrick, 4 time Prem winner (I think), is being snubbed by Jordan Henderson? Honestly. Come on.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2012, 05:14:36 pm »
Is it not a little ridiculous that Michael Carrick, 4 time Prem winner (I think), is being snubbed by Jordan Henderson? Honestly. Come on.

Carrick refused a spot (apparently).

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2012, 05:14:56 pm »
England already have those type of players, Lampard, Barry Carrick  Cleverley, Davies even Parker. Being a limited passer of the ball doesn't make you a great player, and thats the point people seem to not understand.

Henderson is better than Cleverley. As for the others, the fact remains that England's big problem is keeping the ball.

Not even going to argue, can't wait to see when you're proven wrong  :wanker

Can't wait to see Hendo under Rodgers.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:17:42 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2012, 05:15:13 pm »
Carrick refused a spot (apparently).

If thats the case, my apologies. But if its not - its insanity.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/