Author Topic: 'How Kenny Dalglish turned a six-game losing run into glory'  (Read 19485 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 'How Kenny Dalglish turned a six-game losing run into glory'
« Reply #80 on: April 9, 2012, 05:44:14 pm »
Nope. It doesn't say anything beyond Kenny being hands-off, a good man-manager and fond of 5-a-sides, all of which we knew and were common knowledge anyway.

Thought as much, its a nothing article that doesn't give any insight as to how Kenny and the current staff will resolve the malaise we are in

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: April 9, 2012, 05:46:55 pm »
Besides that the quotes of Gillespie and the OP donīt suprise me. Kenny likes the players to decide on most of the movement and passing by themselves and do this as quick as possible, free floating pass and move. But you need top players for this kind of approach though. Technically gifted, heads up, always in control of the situation cause if you donīt train the movement in a machine sort of way, like Rafa did f.e., the players are under more pressure in case they are not used to this kind of game. We donīt have this kind of players though, the ones we have would need a more detailed technical framework cause they are simply not good enough as Kenny is expecting them to be for handling his vision of football..

Last year it worked, better players around, simple as that.
Agree with that. Also remember that you called the problems right from the off, most of our new signings didn't (and still don't) have the right type of movement to suceed in our system. Did we over-estimate the potential of our new signings? Or did the new Manager/DoF combination have misunderstandings over what an 'intelligent' footballer is? Or maybe we had too many constraints - the new players were supposed to be British, young, intelligent. Maybe Henderson, Downing, and Adam were the best the league had to offer in that category... (I don't count Carroll, we were under a lot of pressure to sign a CF really quickly, Carroll was the hottest the league had to offer then. In hindsight, we should've done more scouting and kept the money imo.)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Hayer

• World Class Whinger. Sorry, winger.....or was I right the first time.....?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: April 9, 2012, 05:47:01 pm »
I'm getting quite sick of these johnny foreigner moans. Look at how well our 'buy british' turned out for us. At least someone is happy.

"We've got a great togetherness about the squad, there's a lot of British players there now," Jamie Carragher said last October. "We went for a meal out before the derby and it was interesting that my wife could actually talk to some of the other wives without having to think of something in Spanish or French or something different. I think that will be a great thing for us this season."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/rafas-ghost-haunts-anfield-succession-of-trial-and-error-3067627.html

Great article by Dion Fanning that.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #83 on: April 9, 2012, 05:47:57 pm »
I'm still struggling to see what your actual point is in relation to what we've been discussing mind. You seem to be just making one or two line responses that don't really address any of the actual points raised or put forward a recognisable argument of your own.

You won't see, in the same way that Mozart as you put it would've been a shite composer without an instrument. The reason being is that you don't want to see, your views are sacred and that's it. You latch on to others who share your views because they boost your ego and use your skill with the written word to belittle others. Your not interested in any points put forward other than to try to score points against them.

I'm only stating what I know to be true when I was involved in academy football and what a ruthless area of the game that is or was. I accept things may have changed and I don't know for sure if they have so on that I can't comment. The only point of yours that I contested was when you stated academies build squads and from my experience they don't they develop individual talent.

The reason they develop talent is that very rarely are there enough players in a catchment area of the same age that come through to make a capable squad. The only exception was the manc side of '92 but they weren't restricted as the rules were different. In fact academies didn't come into play until the late 90's. A rule used to be in place and may still be that academies can't pull in players more than an hours drive away. This further impedes academies when it comes to assembling a squad and makes areas like the North West of England with many academies very competitive. It all comes down to the scouting network and not just their ability to spot but to convince youngsters to join their academy for a trial.

I know of a few illegal 'sweetners' to temp parents and youngsters to sign forms. I know of another young player who was tempted away from one club to another and they ended up having to pay Ģ200,000 via tribunal. The point of this is that there just isn't enough players of the level required to fill each academy level. Hence my point that the players who the staff think have a chance are the ones that get the focus and this includes having "disposable" players around them to help them develop.

Things change at 16/17 when our system allows us to bring in international players from further afield because our employment laws allow us to pay them. This is how Arsenal managed to prize the young Fabregas away from Barca because in Spain they couldn't sign pro until 17 or 18 (I can't remeber the exact numbers).

There are various philosophies of football and of developing footballers but they don't become a squad in this country as far as I'm aware. The likes of Carragher, Owen and Gerrard are all successes of our youth system and in the case of Owen and Gerrard changed the way the 1st team approached the game from a playing system point of view. They had attributes that gave us an edge in games and different managers set the team up accordingly to get the best out of them.

In Spain it is slightly different because their 'B' teams are allowed to develop in the Spanish lower leagues where they can hone thier playing systems to dovetail into the 1st team and why the likes of Rafa Benitez and Arsene Wenger are advocates of this; both trying to bring in the same system here. Our current system only allows us send players out on loan where they are subject to different methods but in the hope they can cut their teeth before get an opportunity with us.

Our entire system is focused on individuals until they get to train with the 1st team and that's the point I am trying to make. I'm not saying it is ideal and in many respects the Spanish system is far better at building a unit.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: April 9, 2012, 05:50:07 pm »
Great article by Dion Fanning that.

Yep but bloody worrying if the more established players are coming out with such quotes

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: April 9, 2012, 05:51:13 pm »
I'm honestly shocked to read that.

What we've seen on the pitch this year reflects exactly what Gallespie is saying.

Offline Carlos: Very Kickable

• Pompous Twat. Scourge of Pinko Liberalism. Attitude to Cyan Conservatism is unclear. Lives in a Monochrome world and is baffled by colours.
  • Legacy Fan
  • As Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus would say...
« Reply #86 on: April 9, 2012, 05:55:49 pm »
Academies should be set up to nurture talent not teams - in fact that was one of the main points of contention between Rafa and Steve Heighway (who managed to win plenty with the youth team but produced very few players for the senior team).

Nevertheless it makes sense to have everyone at the club playing the same way. As i said on another thread we have aimed to get a top four spot this year and Kenny has decided to defer to Steve Clarke for the tactics for this season - the same tactics Clarke and Mourinho set up so well at Chelsea and which they revert to when they are in trouble (ie low block, light pressing, target man). The reason is because we looked at the personnel we had at the begining of the season and thought that playing like  a poorer version of Chelsea would fit better (Carra for Terry, Lucas for Makalele, Gerrard for Lampard and Carroll for Drogba).

Its diffficult to imagine Carra or Terry fitting into a high block, high pressing compact game as they would get eaten alive by pacey forwards. similarly, Carroll and Drogba would not be playing to their strengths in that system. i expect us to make a few additions in Summer which will allow us to revert to 14231. But its not worth changing the Academy / reserves to the first team system just for one season.

Kenny does rely on his assistant to formulate tactis so i would personally like to see someone brought in to the club who was better at (especially offensive) tactical setups.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2012, 05:57:29 pm by Carlos Qiqabal »
I know you struggle with reading comprehension Carlitos, but do try to pay attention

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #87 on: April 9, 2012, 06:00:05 pm »
Since Kenny demands 100% from his players, I wonder if he screamed at Gerrard after his walking performance against Newcastle.

Another dig at Kenny?

Just get behind the team. We are in a very important and emotional week for the club.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 9, 2012, 06:05:31 pm »
Yep but bloody worrying if the more established players are coming out with such quotes

Yep, I actually find it embarrasing from Carra. There is no need to say that, and it presents himself as a player with no ambitions other than hanging out with his british mates and there wives. Which is a completely shocking attitude and doesnt represent a player playing for a club with ambitions of being a top 5 club in the world

Offline petrichor

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #89 on: April 9, 2012, 06:07:45 pm »
i'm not too keen about the team, but i'm 100% behind kenny
if anything, kenny will be the first to leave if he feels he can't contribute towards the well-being of the club

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #90 on: April 9, 2012, 06:08:50 pm »
I'm all for letting the king remain beyond the summer IF and only IF he wins the FA cup, otherwise I honestly think he has to go or go back to another role, simmilar to one he had when Benitez was around.

I'm 100% behind the king and the team

YNWA

I love this place.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: April 9, 2012, 06:12:48 pm »
Yep, I actually find it embarrasing from Carra. There is no need to say that, and it presents himself as a player with no ambitions other than hanging out with his british mates and there wives. Which is a completely shocking attitude and doesnt represent a player playing for a club with ambitions of being a top 5 club in the world

He must not know any locals or something where he can meet Brits then? Not trying to divert the thread but its a utterly shameful thing to have said.

Back to Kenny and he's been let down by alot of the players, where he goes from here I don't know to be honest.

Offline red_dub

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: April 9, 2012, 06:14:42 pm »
i think this article just highlights that Kenny is an exceptional 'manager'. some people think that kenny should be doing all the coaching ect but thats just doesnt seem to be his way and (correct me if i'm wong) not the way of his predecessors either(Paisley, Shankly, Fagan).

one thing i think about is weather we have enough coaches or good enough coaches. peviously we had the likes of evans and moran who where trained by the best. but are our current coaches that good? I hope so and i'm sure Kenny will make the right decision if theres a change needed.
hopefully there will be a thread with an almost identicle title in a year or so time :)
“Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

Bill Shankly

Offline takeiteasy

• Main Stander
« Reply #93 on: April 9, 2012, 06:57:50 pm »

But his strengths are not Suarez strengths.I know which one I prefer to build the attack around and it isn't Carroll.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 9, 2012, 07:15:44 pm »
Did we over-estimate the potential of our new signings?

I am sure we did, you only have to look at the sums we were willing to pay for them. There were a couple of other reasons for this for sure... no CL football,  the overall atmosphere on a high after how we finished last season and for that too generous and putting too much emphasis on the long term vision rather than just thinking on the best eleven for this kind of football by considering every possible player/option around.

Kenny was a top player, for those players it was all easy and for that those ex players like him pretty often underestimate how hard it is for a not so talented player to get it all together, movement, control, passing etc. at this pace and the importance of a strict tactical framework. In contrast, manager like Benitez or Hitzfeld etc. who were pretty bad players, tend to underestimate the abilities of a player and overdo the tactical side of a game.

In addition, there was a tendency, and I think itīs hard to deny that, to bring back british which isnīt generally wrong. It just happened without a clear sight of the quality of some we shipped out instead.

The question will be what happens this summer. If we sign three to four top players on top of our current squad we will be fine.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2012, 07:22:25 pm by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 9, 2012, 07:16:18 pm »
It's good to get a reminder what could happen after a terrible run. Also like the description of how players were given critisism. Behind closed doors. Looks familiar. Kenny is very good with the media. The players have been given good support in the open. Can only hope they can respond well.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline underscored

• Kemlynite
« Reply #96 on: April 9, 2012, 07:36:36 pm »
This got me thinking, are we the British Barcelona? (Hear me out)

Both have played some of the best football in Europe this season.
Both sadly are unlikely to win the title this season.
Both have a manager who is a club legend for both playing and managerial abilities.
Both have won a cup already this season and have the semi's of another big cup competition coming up.
Both are one of the biggest clubs in the world.
Both have a tradition of playing attacking pass and move football.
Both have to battle against 'borderline corrupt' empires (Franco's Madrid and Ferguson's United).

More precisely Barcelona might just be the Spanish Liverpool, because Liverpool FC will always be Liverpool FC. Things don't look too bad for the club from where i'm sitting.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: April 9, 2012, 07:37:11 pm »
Of course, you could say exactly what I tried to in a mere 4/5 lines with about 500 times the wit and entertainment value but that would just be showing off wouldn't it?

You aren't even English are you you bloody shitbag?

;D
To be fair his girlfriend can't speak English, hence the reason he never played for LFC.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: April 9, 2012, 07:48:52 pm »

Both have a manager who is a club legend for both playing and managerial abilities.
Both have won a cup already this season and have the semi's of another big cup competition coming up.
Both have to battle against 'borderline corrupt' empires (Franco's Madrid and Ferguson's United).

More precisely Barcelona might just be the Spanish Liverpool, because Liverpool FC will always be Liverpool FC. Things don't look too bad for the club from where i'm sitting.

Not really

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #99 on: April 9, 2012, 07:51:54 pm »
I'm getting quite sick of these johnny foreigner moans. Look at how well our 'buy british' turned out for us. At least someone is happy.

"We've got a great togetherness about the squad, there's a lot of British players there now," Jamie Carragher said last October. "We went for a meal out before the derby and it was interesting that my wife could actually talk to some of the other wives without having to think of something in Spanish or French or something different. I think that will be a great thing for us this season."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/rafas-ghost-haunts-anfield-succession-of-trial-and-error-3067627.html

Ugh, if that's true then what a c**t. This is why I support the team, not the players. The team will always be there and always be great, the players will inevitably let you down.

I'm sure the other wives struggled to say something in scouse. ;)

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 9, 2012, 07:54:20 pm »
i love supporting liverpool because we could win 2 cups this season and people will still be saying we had a bad season
when we start finishing below and we're happy with that - that's when i'll be worried
we haven't got it quite right this season, the fact we win big games or dominate them shows we have a good team. our league position would suggest we haven't outplayed most of the teams this season - which we have. it's just not quite right.

nothing annoys me more than a pessimistic liverpool fan, especially when there is so much reason to be optimistic. it's very easy to be drawn in on popular opinion, it would not be paranoid to suggest that a lot of people want us, kenny, the players to fail this season

3 wins in Wembley and i'm a happy lad

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #101 on: April 9, 2012, 07:54:23 pm »

Bloody hell.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 9, 2012, 07:54:31 pm »

no but you are the straw clutcher of the year sir

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #103 on: April 9, 2012, 08:04:23 pm »
So this whole back and forth was based around me typing 'squad' rather than player? I do realise that academies are there to produce players. I understand completely everything you've written in your post there - I've posted on it myself a number of times, for example about the catchment area problem. You actually could have clarified that straightaway in your next post - I'm pretty sure in my first answer to you I said that I realised academies produce individuals rather than whole squads.

My point still remains in that, in terms of the individuals, is it really helpful if those individuals, having been trained in one system, then go up to the first team and are expected to play in a different way? Again, what use is someone like Suso really to the first team in the way it's currently set up? Why do we appear to be buying fantastic youth players who would seem to fit in much better with the youths style of play then with the senior team's style of play?

My whole point was that we're wasting individual talent if we don't have that harmony and continuity up the levels.

So if that was your whole point then I'm pretty sure I do see it, my egotistical need for acolytes notwithstanding. P.S. I have plenty of respect for your background in the sport and I'd love to hear more about it, I'm always up for learning from people at the sharp end, so to speak. That I do try and learn is one of the reasons I'm generally pretty confident in what I write, but I don't think it's fair to say my views are completely set - plenty of people have taught me all sorts of stuff and changed my mind on plenty of things.

But yeah, I do get and agree with what you've written above, and I remain worried about what we're doing in terms of the progression from youths to seniors, and I do worry that we seem to have abandoned the idea of continuity up the levels.

All the best! :wave

He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: April 9, 2012, 08:12:55 pm »

The foreigner comment in the article really sickens me. Remember we had those cut throat mercenaries like Molby,Hyypia and Hamann. Glad we're rid of them. We need to get rid of Lucas and Agger next. Sign Michael Owen as well. Problems solved.
That attitude is why England fail to produce quality players and fail in major tournaments. Watching the gulf in class between Arsenals foreign midfield and the likes of Barry and Milner at the weekend should be an eye opener for these types of people. But I suspect the steely determination to learn nothing from johnny foreigner will continue.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 9, 2012, 08:13:07 pm »

:lmao

Which team have you been watching this year? We're the ones in red, getting beat every other week.

Offline Redd Foxx

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • It's the big one!
    • Herzog & Young - San Diego Attorneys
« Reply #106 on: April 9, 2012, 08:16:13 pm »

If you want to compare us to a La Liga side - try Bilbao.  Lots of success in cups (although we weren't eligible for Europe), but really disappointing in the league (this weekend, Bilbao won their first in the league in the last 6 and sit in 11th at the moment).

Now if only we could recruit Martinez and Munian...
Son, if you don't shut your lip, you're gonna feel my shoe size.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: April 9, 2012, 08:16:30 pm »

I don't agree with this but it made smile.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #108 on: April 9, 2012, 08:53:51 pm »
Training for opposition. Surprised to hear that , as well as the leaving all the coaching to someone else bit's of the article.

Don't know what to make of it, who does what?

Raises more questions than anything.

We seem to have an awful lot of people throwing their ideas in to first team matters, it seems a bit over complicated and over simplified at the same time.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2012, 08:55:34 pm by bleedsred1978 »
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 9, 2012, 08:57:18 pm »
Training for opposition. Surprised to hear that , as well as the leaving all the coaching to someone else bit's of the article.

Don't know what to make of it, who does what?

Raises more questions than anything.

We seem to have an awful lot of people throwing their ideas in to first team matters, it seems a bit over complicated and over simplified at the same time.

Don't think it's strange. When something doesn't work, you change things. Maybe to just shake things up, change the routines.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline ChristophLFC

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #110 on: April 9, 2012, 08:58:05 pm »

so obvious we have a troll here  :lmao

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 9, 2012, 08:58:17 pm »
So now I know that Kenny had a six game losing streak at Blackburn. I also knew already that he had achieved glory there.

It's the 'how' part that is alluding me.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: April 9, 2012, 09:05:31 pm »
Don't think it's strange. When something doesn't work, you change things. Maybe to just shake things up, change the routines.

I just thought a lot of the changes were to be a moving away from worrying about them and more imposing ourselves on the opposition. It was one of the sticks Rafa used to get hit with.

2 coaches, a manager and a director of football just seems a couple too many, especially if there is no clear direction coming from the top down.

From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 9, 2012, 09:21:09 pm »
I just thought a lot of the changes were to be a moving away from worrying about them and more imposing ourselves on the opposition. It was one of the sticks Rafa used to get hit with.

2 coaches, a manager and a director of football just seems a couple too many, especially if there is no clear direction coming from the top down.

The only one I'd worry about there is the DoF. If he stepped in as some sort of superior manager to teach the players new tricks. Wouldn't expect it as I reckon it would cause confusion.

I would imagine the manager and coaches see themselves as a team. While they have clear roles on paper I think they share duties on the training ground. In this case, with Kenny leaving the work to the coach - I see it as Kenny taking a step back so he can see things from a different perspective. Is he missing something? If you are a manager who like to run things from away, you would perhaps do the opposite and become more hands on. I'd say it's the normal procedure.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: April 9, 2012, 09:24:56 pm »

Have you been drinking?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: April 9, 2012, 09:29:26 pm »
I'm sure Kenny has said he and the coaches work as a team, but he is the one making the final decisions. It was the same during his first time as a manager here, when he had even more backroom staff and Paisley around too. Comolli might have something to say about transfers though.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline dast18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: April 9, 2012, 09:41:53 pm »

Suuuuure...The doctors want you back mate :wave
If he was Dudek would've saved it...and there would be no film.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 9, 2012, 09:52:07 pm »
The only one I'd worry about there is the DoF. If he stepped in as some sort of superior manager to teach the players new tricks. Wouldn't expect it as I reckon it would cause confusion.

I would imagine the manager and coaches see themselves as a team. While they have clear roles on paper I think they share duties on the training ground. In this case, with Kenny leaving the work to the coach - I see it as Kenny taking a step back so he can see things from a different perspective. Is he missing something? If you are a manager who like to run things from away, you would perhaps do the opposite and become more hands on. I'd say it's the normal procedure.

Maybe your right mate.

I just wonder how Kenny can have the right input when things are going wrong. Im confusing coach and manager I guess.

Who sets the general tempo for pressing when we are without the ball as an example.

Does Kenny let them get on with it in a general sense like that article says or is he into the details, mn for man or zonal, men on corners or not etc etc etc.

I had an image of Kenny setting the drills and coaching in a different sense to what is being suggested there.

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: April 9, 2012, 09:56:15 pm »

Stay off the looney juice. if you can compare Barcelona and us now or even these past few years? Then theres something seriously wrong with you.

To answer your question though.

No.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #119 on: April 9, 2012, 10:10:38 pm »

:odd

Either you've been on the wacky baccy or you're on a wind up but thats the most absurd thing I've read in a while.

'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.