Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 877371 times)

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #1680 on: May 10, 2014, 04:28:08 pm »
If you are just waiting for a reason to dislike a club, I guarantee that you will find a reason. A season is long enough to find a reason ;D

I don't like the treatment Fabregas is getting. But it is not like this is his first season at Barca. It is his 3rd season finishing, and he hasn't found himself in the team yet. I think it is not his mistake, more of coaches mistake and the Xavi-Cesc dilemma, but he has looked poor on the field. Madrid fans, for example, boo their stars even if they are performing well. Ronaldo got booed not long ago.

If I'm not mistaken, he was one of the best players in the team last year?

I remember Gerry Armstrong kept saying "Cesc would get in to any team in the world" over and over again, even when Barca weren't playing.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1681 on: May 10, 2014, 04:28:12 pm »
Madrid fans, for example, boo their stars even if they are performing well. Ronaldo got booed not long ago.

They and that club are just shite anyway. Wouldn't expect them to have good fans.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1682 on: May 10, 2014, 04:40:05 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, he was one of the best players in the team last year?

I remember Gerry Armstrong kept saying "Cesc would get in to any team in the world" over and over again, even when Barca weren't playing.
Fabregas? Only in numbers. Stats lovers probably can claim that he was one of the best Barca players (oh look at goals, look at assists). In reality, he has not been one of Barca's best players in any of seasons he has been there.

What Gerry Armstrong was saying is not wrong actually. I think Cesc was world's 3rd best midfielder behind Xavi and Iniesta, and certainly the best midfielder in England when he was at Arsenal. But he needs to be the main man, the playmaker. He never got that chance at Barca consistently, as there is Xavi. The team has never been built around him, like it was at Arsenal. And that is why he is having a hard time showing his qualities.

He gets 5-6 games a season where he plays and Xavi doesn't. But that is just not enough time for him to stamp his authority. He needs a consistent run of games there, and Xavi should be benched, if he is to succeed at Barca. But no coach or fan would agree with that, because in the games they see, Xavi vastly outperforms Fabregas who looks erratic.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1683 on: May 10, 2014, 04:44:46 pm »
Anyway, Fabregas should just leave Barca at this point. Current Barca play tiki taka, i.e. short intricate passing game. It is slow. If you watch Cesc's Arsenal compilations, you will see his brilliant long balls over the top, through balls. He thrives on fast football. He is not nearly as good at short passes and one-twos in tight spaces as Xavi and Iniesta are. Thiago would have suited so much more.

If ManCity or ManU are smart, they will go in for Cesc all in this summer. Both teams can improve their midfield. Cesc has to write off his Barca dream, his past 3 seasons have been a bit of waste. Sure enough, he won more at Barca than he could have at Arsenal, but if he went to another English team, he would have enjoyed himself more on the pitch.

Nothing against him, a fantastic player. If he goes back to England, he will be transfer of the season, and I predict it now ;D

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1684 on: May 10, 2014, 04:50:12 pm »

What Gerry Armstrong was saying is not wrong actually. I think Cesc was world's 3rd best midfielder behind Xavi and Iniesta, and certainly the best midfielder in England when he was at Arsenal. But he needs to be the main man, the playmaker. He never got that chance at Barca consistently, as there is Xavi. The team has never been built around him, like it was at Arsenal.

you honestly believe Barca have the three best midfielders in the world..... 

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1685 on: May 10, 2014, 04:52:01 pm »
you honestly believe Barca have the three best midfielders in the world..... 
Three best now? Probably not. Three best when Cesc went from Arsenal to Barca? Yes, I do. I presume that is when Armstrong was saying that Cesc would start anywhere else.

Anyway, currently, Cesc cannot claim to be a top 3 midfielder in the world. But he is at a good age, and he has the talent for that claim. If he goes back to England, I think in 1 year, we will be talking about him as one of the world's best midfielders.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1686 on: May 10, 2014, 04:59:58 pm »
By the way, Cesc would do very very well at Madrid, IMO. They are a running team, team for counter-attacking football. Ronaldo, Bale and Di Maria running at Cesc's through balls and balls over the top? Imagine that...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jr1JALrpxBg?" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Jr1JALrpxBg?</a>
It's a bit sad that he went from that to being booed at Barcelona...

Here are Cesc's assists at Arsenal. And we have to remember, he created hundreds more chances which were not converted...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K0Y4_WrLOVA?" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/K0Y4_WrLOVA?</a>
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 05:10:18 pm by Xxavi »

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1687 on: May 10, 2014, 05:07:48 pm »
By the way, Cesc would do very very well at Madrid, IMO. They are a running team, team for counter-attacking football. Ronaldo, Bale and Di Maria running at Cesc's through balls and balls over the top? Imagine that...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jr1JALrpxBg?" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Jr1JALrpxBg?</a>

Fuckin' ell, memories.  That first assist from Fabregas when he's got Pires, Ljunberg, Vieira, Bergkamp and Henry around him.. utterly class side.

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1688 on: May 10, 2014, 05:13:18 pm »

It's a bit sad that he went from that to being booed at Barcelona...

Here are Cesc's assists at Arsenal. And we have to remember, he created hundreds more chances which were not converted...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K0Y4_WrLOVA?" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/K0Y4_WrLOVA?</a>

btw, Cesc would be perfect for Liverpool...

Offline Apollo

• Kopite
  • I've got the
« Reply #1689 on: May 10, 2014, 07:12:58 pm »
Three best now? Probably not. Three best when Cesc went from Arsenal to Barca? Yes, I do. I presume that is when Armstrong was saying that Cesc would start anywhere else.

Anyway, currently, Cesc cannot claim to be a top 3 midfielder in the world. But he is at a good age, and he has the talent for that claim. If he goes back to England, I think in 1 year, we will be talking about him as one of the world's best midfielders.

I'm surprised you don't rate Busquets above him. The guy is fantastic and grossly underrated, especially when talking about midfielders, as Iniesta and Fabregas are often drifting into the box and could occasionally have been seen as forwards rather than midfielders.

They always give us a good reason not to like them. This season is the Fabregas booing. Surely your fans should be encouraging your team after all these years of domination and brilliant Football. A bit spoilt, aren't they.

Eh, I was appalled watching the video of some Barca fans 'greeting' the players off the coach upon their return to Barcelona following the Copa final this year. They're not the best fans on the planet, certainly not perfect, but I think it's partly down to the fan culture in Spain, especially that of the 'big clubs', who can appear to be a disloyal and entitled shower of nerds. That said, if you're going to look for reasons to want one of the two sides to win the league, and say that you don't want Barca to win because of a contingent of booing, you'd have to also consider those racists from Atlético making monkey gestures en masse, a week or so ago. It wasn't a few of them, either. And to be honest, I'd be interested to hear your other good reasons for not liking Barca.

Personally, I would be pleased to see Atlético win, like most people, because it would be a shock and an upset, and finally the Big 2 hegemony would be broken. They've got a young coach and a really hardworking group of players, which has been habitually disrupted by high-profile sales for about a decade. That said, I still want Barca to win the league. Atlético play a negative and eye-wateringly physical brand of football which isn't exactly beautiful and reminds me of Mourinho. Of course I'm still delighted to see them beat teams I hate, like Real Madrid and Chelsea. But Barcelona still have that beautiful style (hampered somewhat lately, but the players remain) and that iconic socio-political role which I admire. The fans are generally good, and when they came to Anfield they had an unusual and special connection with our fans - you can see the videos online. The stadium is amazing, the players are incredible, the history is something to admire and respect. I also adore Messi and want him to have every possible success in his personal rivalry with C Ronaldo.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1690 on: May 10, 2014, 10:42:01 pm »
I'm surprised you don't rate Busquets above him. The guy is fantastic and grossly underrated, especially when talking about midfielders, as Iniesta and Fabregas are often drifting into the box and could occasionally have been seen as forwards rather than midfielders.
I rate Busquets, but I was talking about the time when Cesc joined Barca. I think Cesc was better than Busquets, or may be on par with him back then.

Currently, there is no question that Busquets is Barca's best midfielder. Iniesta is obviously better when he turns it on, but I think Andres, like Messi, has lost that bit of hunger.

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1691 on: May 10, 2014, 11:17:56 pm »
btw, Cesc would be perfect for Liverpool...

Reina plus cash for Fabregas?
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1692 on: May 11, 2014, 12:19:46 am »

Just started a new game on FM? The transfer forum's not open yet.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1693 on: May 11, 2014, 12:55:30 am »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1694 on: May 11, 2014, 01:26:42 am »
and a pack of chips

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1695 on: May 11, 2014, 01:58:25 am »
There are reports that Barca bought Cuadrado from Fiorentina for 30 million euros. He is seen as a replacement for Dani Alves. I have a problem with this on so many levels. Montoya is such a fantastic talent, who was ahead of Carvajal only a year ago in Spanish youth NTs. And now, Carvajal is a starting RB at Real Madrid, yet, Montoya, after extending his contract, is going to be a back up yet again.

Not only that, but a right back for 30 million euros? Where is a central defender? Barca's transfer policies are horrible. It's a joke. There is a need for 2 goalies and 2 central defenders, yet Barca look at strikers and right backs. Also, papers in Barcelona talk about selling Cesc Fabregas for 30 million euros. How does that even compute, Cuadrado and Cesc same price?? Madrid finally learnt how to sell their players like Ozil and Higuain, Barca are still really bad at it. Cesc should cost as much as Ozil, at least.

Horrible stuff. Overpaying for other players, and cannot sell their own quality players for acceptable price. The club is run so badly.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 02:01:12 am by Xxavi »

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1696 on: May 11, 2014, 02:23:13 am »
There are reports that Barca bought Cuadrado from Fiorentina for 30 million euros. He is seen as a replacement for Dani Alves. I have a problem with this on so many levels. Montoya is such a fantastic talent, who was ahead of Carvajal only a year ago in Spanish youth NTs. And now, Carvajal is a starting RB at Real Madrid, yet, Montoya, after extending his contract, is going to be a back up yet again.

Not only that, but a right back for 30 million euros? Where is a central defender? Barca's transfer policies are horrible. It's a joke. There is a need for 2 goalies and 2 central defenders, yet Barca look at strikers and right backs. Also, papers in Barcelona talk about selling Cesc Fabregas for 30 million euros. How does that even compute, Cuadrado and Cesc same price?? Madrid finally learnt how to sell their players like Ozil and Higuain, Barca are still really bad at it. Cesc should cost as much as Ozil, at least.

Horrible stuff. Overpaying for other players, and cannot sell their own quality players for acceptable price. The club is run so badly.

30 million euros for Cesc ? Hope Liverpool are all over that like a fucking rash.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #1697 on: May 11, 2014, 02:23:31 am »
 Is that true Cuadrado is going to play full back if you buy him? Wow Barcelona really are run by clowns.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1698 on: May 11, 2014, 02:28:02 am »
I have always disliked Fabregas he was a mouthy little shit at Arsenal. Not surprised he never fit at Barca Wenger English'd his game out. He has no patience for the passing  game still a good player though.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1699 on: May 12, 2014, 10:58:47 pm »
Are buying Luis from Chelsea.....

Madness.....

This is exactly the kind of player Barça have bought most of my life.....

And most of my life they're looked nice but..... Done little

He will solve none of their problems at the back as he can't defend.

Stupid stupid decision...

And they will hand Chelsea money they shouldn't get for him
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1700 on: May 12, 2014, 11:37:31 pm »
Cuadrado and Luiz are not that suited to the short intricate passing game from what I have seen.... Add in the new keeper is highly unlikely to be as good as Valdes with his feet starting moves & Xavi rumours this summer could have a huge impact on the way Barcelona play.

Just looking as the stats of Cesc they are outstanding! Instead of selling him at a break even price any other club would adapt just a little & build round him.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1701 on: May 12, 2014, 11:38:02 pm »
I have always disliked Fabregas he was a mouthy little shit at Arsenal. Not surprised he never fit at Barca Wenger English'd his game out. He has no patience for the passing  game still a good player though.

Never fit at Barca? Are you mental?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1702 on: May 19, 2014, 07:17:22 pm »
Telegraph Football ‏@TeleFootball  1m
Barcelona have confirmed the appointment of Luis Enrique as manager. The former Real Madrid and Barca player has signed a two-year deal

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #1703 on: May 19, 2014, 07:23:58 pm »
Barcelona have confirmed the appointment of Luis Enrique as manager. The former Real Madrid and Barca player has signed a two-year deal

Martino had to go - I went to watch Barca vs. Atleti in the 2nd leg of their Super Cup and you could already tell that the style of football he was trying to enforce was dreadful.

Luis Enrique has done a decent job at Cela de Vigo and at a young age has experience of managing egos too. Looks like a good appointment to me.
JFT97

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1704 on: May 19, 2014, 07:30:48 pm »
What a silly, silly appointment - they should of gone for a LDV van Gaal, Capello, Hiddink, Lippi or even a Hitzfeld. A manager that demands respect, plays football in a tried and trusted method. one of the old guard. Just like United have chosen.....

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1705 on: May 19, 2014, 07:42:42 pm »
Marcus Christenson (@m_christenson)

5/19/14, 9:13 PM

Barcelona also announce the signing of goalkeeper Ter Stegen and that Deulofeu and Rafinha will be part of squad again #efc
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1706 on: May 19, 2014, 07:44:32 pm »
@GuillemBalague: The list of players not wanted or going: Valdés, Pinto, Puyol, Song, J. Dos Santos, Afellay, Tello, Cuenca, S. Roberto, Oier.

@GuillemBalague: List of players that the club will listen for offers (doesn't mean they are going for sure): Cesc, Alves, Adriano, Alexis, Mascherano, Pedro
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #1707 on: May 19, 2014, 08:03:41 pm »
Watching youtube clips of him just now. He was a classy player.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1708 on: May 19, 2014, 08:05:31 pm »

Barcelona also announce the signing of goalkeeper Ter Stegen and that Deulofeu and Rafinha will be part of squad again #efc

The tears are starting to flood Woodison already!! ;D

@GuillemBalague: The list of players not wanted or going: Valdés, Pinto, Puyol, Song, J. Dos Santos, Afellay, Tello, Cuenca, S. Roberto, Oier.

@GuillemBalague: List of players that the club will listen for offers (doesn't mean they are going for sure): Cesc, Alves, Adriano, Alexis, Mascherano, Pedro

Any of those please!

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #1709 on: May 19, 2014, 08:09:08 pm »

You're taking the rumours a bit too seriously.

Wait until it's genuine before moaning.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1710 on: May 19, 2014, 08:09:23 pm »
What a silly, silly appointment - they should of gone for a LDV van Gaal, Capello, Hiddink, Lippi or even a Hitzfeld. A manager that demands respect, plays football in a tried and trusted method. one of the old guard. Just like United have chosen.....

I think it's an awesome appointment.I believe he will do really well.d

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1711 on: May 19, 2014, 08:11:35 pm »
I'd be all over Dani Alves like a rash if I were Brendan
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1712 on: May 19, 2014, 08:16:54 pm »

Their squad isn't good enough to allow so many players to leave?

However Fabregas would be a great signing.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #1713 on: May 19, 2014, 08:25:40 pm »

Ter Stegen is awesome, the best young goalkeeper around IMO, but I haven't seen as much of Courtois, who I imagine would contend for that title as well, based on what you hear.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline gordonchas

• Jilted John was right.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1714 on: May 19, 2014, 09:01:40 pm »

That list shows that although it might produce very good footballers more than capable of earning a good living in the game, La Masia is regularly overvalued as a means of producing a production line of Barcelona-standard players.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #1715 on: May 19, 2014, 09:06:25 pm »
I'd be all over Dani Alves like a rash if I were Brendan

31 years old and it wouldn't be cheap.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #1716 on: May 19, 2014, 09:57:28 pm »
Am I the only one who is slightly underwhelmed by the Luis Enrique appointment?

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #1717 on: May 19, 2014, 09:57:47 pm »
That list shows that although it might produce very good footballers more than capable of earning a good living in the game, La Masia is regularly overvalued as a means of producing a production line of Barcelona-standard players.
I would take Sergi Roberto here. Decent player, just not the Xavi replacement he needs to be to get regular first team football.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #1718 on: May 19, 2014, 10:24:44 pm »
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1719 on: May 19, 2014, 10:46:24 pm »

Cuadrado has to play as a winger as he is one the best dribblers in the world.I doubt he will join Barca as a RB.Montoya has regressed this season his final ball is terrible.Not good enough going forward to be a Barca RB.