Author Topic: Evra Pulls His Hand Away From Luis Suarez  (Read 30794 times)

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
Evra Pulls His Hand Away From Luis Suarez
« on: February 11, 2012, 06:18:06 pm »

Maximum exposure required here.
This won't be the shot you see in the Sunday papers tomorrow and it is getting lost deep inside other threads.  I think it needs to be highlighted on its own.  Sky and others have forged their 'definitive' opinion already.  DON'T LET THEM!  This clip shows that Luis may have been snubbed first in the handshake.

NB  This isn't trivial.  This isn't just about a handshake (like the Terry/Bridge one).  This is yet another slur on Luis Suarez.  And now, with their vile manager saying what he has said, when is this hounding of Luis going to end?
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
Re: Evra Pulls His Hand Away From Luis Suarez
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 06:19:27 pm »
We should really stop talking about this.

Offline Lucas DuoFlush

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Poulsy back!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 06:19:31 pm »
Suarez dodges it.
"Bos non modo animal, sed etiam mater" Lordanem Henderson

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 06:20:21 pm »
Nothing will change the medias view on it.

They're not interested in anything but their preconceived views.

As for Ferguson, its a shame he didn't say more, would love nothing more than him giving us an excuse to sue him.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 06:21:00 pm »

Sadly, this is true. So utterly depressing.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 06:21:02 pm »
We should really stop talking about this.

One can dream.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 06:21:12 pm »
Enough of this. Our football needs attention.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 06:22:53 pm »

Oh great.  SO you're just gonna resign yourself to letting them say what the fuck they want?!

Fuck that!  We need to keep fighting.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 06:23:02 pm »
we should realy stop i aggre, but why don´t other stop...why nobody questions evra behaviour...

realy sad about all what´s going on... hope we can make our main goal this season, so far it´s frustrating...

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 06:23:13 pm »
Move on. Bored of all of this...

Offline Monsieur

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • Silently wishing
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 06:23:19 pm »
This is all actually getting rather boring now - I just want to watch the football and couldn't give a toss about Evra, Ferguson et al

Offline foreverred1983

• Kopite
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 06:23:55 pm »
i presume this thread will be locked but before it is

does anyone think this will be luis' last season with us?

i am beginning to hate football and all it represents. i never thought id say it but the sport is contaminated by brutal elements that have sucked the joy out of it for me.

cheating, diving and a media reliance on sensationalism that borders on perversion. sometimes i wonder why i bother.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...

Offline Aleeed#

• Jooones - Waaalkiiing Iiin Theee Aaaiiir :)
  • Anny Roader
  • VVD enthusiast.
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 06:24:15 pm »
Evras reaction to the camera immediately after says it all, for me. Great acting.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 06:24:17 pm »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 06:24:52 pm »
Isn't there already a thread on this, because all it seems the post match thread is is 30 pages of .gifs, stills and opinion on the non-handshake.

Bloody 2 threads, no doubt full of *the same* fucking 2s event but in 5 different file formats, with different camera angles, slow motion and zoom.

Fuck me, get a grip!
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 06:25:49 pm »
I'm bored of it too, but until the fucking media let it drop, why should we? One of our own is being dragged through the mud, and people need to realise that not everything is the way that Sly Sports and BBC tell it.

Offline Kevend

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • I'm not Scouse, I'm from Birkenhead!
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 06:26:10 pm »
I think we're just trying to look for excuses to justify it.
We dont need to justify anything nor does Luis, Theres no rule saying you HAVE to shake hands, and he is in his own right to not want to.
He got banned for 8 games, had his reputation tarnished and dog-hounded by the media over it. Clearly he wont like him.

Offline Dmode101

• Kopite
  • Being a reds fan is like match day, everyday.
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 06:26:25 pm »
this is about his character - a devious cheat and a framer. but what he didn't know that there was a top view camera to expose his slight of hand at that moment. he should be exposed and destroyed. This is educational too as I never expected the media to be so organised in england in that they are a gang of henchmen instructed by a top monkey to disseminate lies with such consistency and without investigation.

Evil men prevail when good men do nothing about it.  cowards talk people down who try to do something about it.
If you judge people for what they are not who they are, you will make genuine friends rather than friends of circumstance.

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 06:26:59 pm »
Move on. Bored of all of this...

Why come in the topic then?

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012, 06:27:30 pm »

i am beginning to hate football and all it represents. i never thought id say it but the sport is contaminated by brutal elements that have sucked the joy out of it for me.

cheating, diving and a media reliance on sensationalism that borders on perversion. sometimes i wonder why i bother.

you are not alone, but i don´t think Luis will move away after just one season...

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2012, 06:27:47 pm »
It was 50/50, neither wanted it but it was Evra who took the opportunity to highlight it to the waiting cameras.

Suarez never reacted like that when 'duck-face' refused the handshake.

Pair of pussies.
Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 06:28:02 pm »
Thing is, I don't give a fuck if they shook hands, or started bumming each other in the centre circle, but fuck all will be said about Evra, and that's wrong.

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 06:28:21 pm »
I'm tired of it all. I'm tired of the media, tired of Ferguson, tired of Evra and tired of this fucking game.

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012, 06:29:26 pm »

Wouldnt surprise me if he asked to leave to be honest.

He looked totally demoralised walking off the pitch today and I wonder if it is all getting too much for him.  Time will tell I guess.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2012, 06:34:08 pm »
I'm tired of it all. I'm tired of the media, tired of Ferguson, tired of Evra and tired of this fucking game.
My thoughts sadly. It's got to the point where it's taken over what goes on the pitch (Roy's sig about garnish and steak) and it sickens me.

It's why it's become imperative now to take great strides in the summer, personnel both in and out of the club, and once again become a force to be reckoned with at home and especially in Europe. It won't shut the fuckers up but I'd love to instill another generation of southern double-chinned hacks with bitter and malicious envy that will seep from their every pore.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline PattoLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 06:34:20 pm »

All we can do is keep sticking by him through this and show him he's not alone.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 06:35:01 pm »
you are not alone, but i don´t think Luis will move away after just one season...
He's in his second season.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 06:35:35 pm »
Oh great.  SO you're just gonna resign yourself to letting them say what the fuck they want?!

Fuck that!  We need to keep fighting.

Fighting to prove who's right over handshakes? See it for the petty squabble it is and move on with looking at how our football must be improved.

Offline fosspowered

• Legacy Fan
  • More of an IDK than ITK.
    • FOSSPowered
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 06:36:31 pm »
He's in his second season.
First full season.

Offline El Capitán Reina

• Kopite
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2012, 06:37:29 pm »
The way Evra looks at the camera says it all, really.

He's just an opportunist when it comes to making something out of nothing, and he's better at that than football.

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2012, 06:37:35 pm »
I don't think Suarez will leave but I certainly wouldn't blame him if he did.

Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2012, 06:37:41 pm »
It was 50/50, neither wanted it but it was Evra who took the opportunity to highlight it to the waiting cameras.

True.  He knew that the onus was on Suarez and manipulated the situation to prefection

Brilliant.  So the fukkers have beaten you then?

Thing is, I don't give a fuck if they shook hands, or started bumming each other in the centre circle, but fuck all will be said about Evra, and that's wrong.

Again, true.  Evra comes away in a good light.  Baconface slates Luis.  Another nail.  Job done. 

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2012, 06:38:07 pm »
Suarez goes straight for De Gea's hand with no intention of shaking.

Evra made a vague gesture that he was sort of, possibly, kind of, willing to shake, but far from eager - to put it mildly - putting the onus on Suarez to shake... which, obviously, he didn't do.

I don't really see how anybody can take anything different out of the incident.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2012, 06:39:10 pm »
Personally I think neither had any intention of shaking each others hand. Evra is just clever in the way he does. Suarez has no intention, he can also see Evra lower his hand so he has no intention. Then as he passes he brings his hand back up to make it look like he would and then grabs Suarez. To try and show the watching world that he would have done. We clearly he wouldnt have. Cnut.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Slinky

• Anny Roader
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2012, 06:39:42 pm »
Big deal. This is fucking embarrassing.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:54:47 pm by Slinky »

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2012, 06:40:50 pm »

Pretty much this

With a huge emphasis on the media aspect
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2012, 06:40:57 pm »
Should've just made a point of shaking his hand, and put this whole sorry mess to bed. We look like utter c*nts throughout this whole thing imo. Today should've been a chance to end it all and move on.

Who removed who's hand? Who gives a fuck, just shake hands and get on with the game. I understand it from Suarez's point of view, but really better to draw a line under the whole affair and move on with our season.

I know loads will disagree, and feel we should fight etc and yes Evra's milked it and Fergie as usual has taken any opportunity to drag our name through the mud whilst hypocritically ignoring all those times when his players were blatantly wrong and he conspicuously failed to get on his high horse about it (Keane's leg-breaker, Cantona kicking a fan etc) but it's dragged on and on and stretching it out a bit longer doesn't help us at all. IMO, etc.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2012, 06:41:16 pm »
Should have just twatted Evra.

Hope Evra gets an Oscar.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2012, 06:41:19 pm »
Fighting to prove who's right over handshakes? See it for the petty squabble it is and move on with looking at how our football must be improved.

Ask Demento if he thinks it's a petty squabble.  Why is he urging us to get rid of him if it's only a petty incident?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2012, 06:41:53 pm »
This was could of easily been avoided if Kenny had Left Luis on the bench from the start. Felt sorry for big Andy being dropped aswell as he has been playing well of late. Big mistake from King Kenny today in my opinion.