Author Topic: ITV's Football coverage  (Read 20921 times)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
ITV's Football coverage
« on: January 9, 2012, 11:38:36 pm »
Its just depressingly bad. The layout is shocking from the kick off. Looks like Saint and Greavsie just left

Then you have the presentation...

Adrian Chiles and his total inability to string a coherent sentence together without repeating a section of it or saying er or erm 5 times, buying his peanut brain time before it relays the next feeble amount of information to his ridiculous fat puffin face

Steve Ryder is OK. Boring, but can talk properly and do his job well. Unlike the afformentioned impostor. Gabby Logan again like Ryder OK. But you want a bit of knowledge from them, just asking questions profusely without a care in the world to the answer like a robot will eventually find you out

Gareth Southgate is wetter than any fish has ever been. If the guy has any sort of opinion its shrouded in bland rhetoric so as not to inconvenience a single person on the planet. He said the other day that some players had to 'step up to the plate' He probably threw up in a bin after

Then we come to his polar opposite. Roy Keane. Purposefully goes out of his way to shoot from the hip and everyones got to 'buck their ideas up' for one reason or the other. The guys got a big mouth, but if I was being fair Id say hes the least worst thing about ITV's hideous coverage

Then you have the commentators. Oh Dear God...

Clive Tyldsleys Man Utd wankathon knows not one bound in the universe. I think 'That night in Barcelona' has become a drinking game in some parts. Along with 'Back to Base Camp' whatever the fuck that means. Youd be forgiven for thinking youd accidentally subscribed to MUTV. If that guy ever, ever goes to Sky theyre going to have to offer sort of no commentary service

BTW whos the one saying 'hello' every 5 minutes like rain man? Christ stop. 

Jim Beglin. Mate the word is 'anyway' not 'annie way' fuck me that irritates the shit out of me. Aswell as his constant shit talking. Townshends false passion makes him sound like a bad actor trying to get a part in a shit play, 'dont be suprised to see him do this' 'dont be suprised to see that happen'. Are you ever going to get one of those right? or not talk bollocks for 90 minutes come to think of it

Poor old Jim Rosenthal still looks like he should be counting in a cape on Sesame Street. Wheeled out for draws and when people are ill.

Every pundit they get on seems to be someone whos been on other channels and is too shit for words so theyve binned them. Gordon Strachan for example would starve to death if he became a stand up comedian yet he seems to think this was his calling in life   

Its a new low with them now though. Culminating on our part with Matt Smiths ludicrous inflammatory comment at the weekend about Luis and the fan v Oldham.

The loss of sound at the weekend in the first 10 mins of the Sunderland game was the vest coverage ive seen from ITV for a while.
Ironically, that speaks volumes
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
Re: ITV's Football coverage
« Reply #1 on: January 9, 2012, 11:43:56 pm »
 ;D

Agreed.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 9, 2012, 11:51:03 pm »
Yep, hate it, hate it, hate it.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 9, 2012, 11:55:31 pm »
That's a quality rant rushyman. Agree with every word
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 12:39:07 am »
Ha ha ha, top rant sir  ;D

You're right though, ITV is fucking shit. Tyldlsley, Chiles and Townsend all grate on me. I don't mind Roy Keane though, for the simple fact that although he's full of his own self importance, he'll at least give you his honest opinion instead of trotting out your arc typical cliched pundit responses. Most of which are just pointless ramblings. See Gareth Southgate as an example.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 12:42:39 am »
It probably says something that I prefer to watch adverts at half-time and go to the toilet when the 'analysis' comes on.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 12:43:26 am »
What was the joke Chiles tried to make the other day when he said "errr" about 4 times inbetween every word.

That was comedy, the guys a joke.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 12:45:44 am »
You forgot about the worst thing

In fact, the worst thing in all of Sports Broadcasting

Giving a job to this guy

BAFANA BAFANA!!!!!!

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 12:51:19 am »
Aye. It's shite. Fucking hate ITV.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 01:10:14 am »
What was the joke Chiles tried to make the other day when he said "errr" about 4 times inbetween every word.

That was comedy, the guys a joke.

It wasn't even a joke per se, it was a description of Man City's 'We're Not Here' banner finished with a comment along the lines of 'I bet they wish they weren't.

It was like Gareth Gates reading The Iliad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1eG_1VTDYA

Dogshite, best advert for the license fee there is
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 01:11:54 am by rowan_d »

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 01:25:56 am »

I just spat out my brew

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 01:34:05 am »
Nice rant  :D
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 01:34:59 am »

Clive Tyldesley, lol

"Hello! Hello! Here we go!" is one of my favourite pieces of commentary ever though.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Djimothy

• Kopite
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 01:40:37 am »
Agreed,they're fucking awful.ITV coverage of sport in general is terrible,their F1 was a disgrace when compared to the BBC's.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 02:44:00 am »

Giving a job to this guy

BAFANA BAFANA!!!!!!

''Goal! Bafana! Bafana!... Goal South Africa....A goal for all Africa'' (or something along those lines).

Will forever remain the cringiest, most appalling response to a goal all of sports commentary history.
The fact he had thought of it was bad enough, but that he wrote it down, and in the moment went through with it, just appalling.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 03:21:40 am »
The Music is shite as well. Remember the good old days of top quality sports themes on TV ?
Bring this back ITV -

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Z3-1QLzJzM?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1Z3-1QLzJzM?fs=1</a>

OR

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cP_kY__KumE&amp;?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cP_kY__KumE&amp;?fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:28:35 am by shelovesyou »
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline pewithree3

• Has a grumpy old female arse.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 08:23:10 am »
Beglin is thick, how an ex pro can be so clueless about what`s
going on in the game is beyond belief.
Just imagine Southgate`s half time talks in the dressing room,
I bet his teams were always the first out for the second half, so boring.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 08:59:49 am »
Jim Beglin, just because you insist on telling me to "listen" before making every single remark during a game, does not mean that I will. Maybe, if you stopped talking so much shite, I would indeed "listen" to what you had to say every once in a while.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 09:07:19 am »
Belter of a rant. The Jim Rosenthal part was outstanding!
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Pheeny

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 09:19:03 am »
they might all be shit but everyone of them is better than Motson.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 09:22:52 am »
Spot on Rushyman, ITV is dreadful.

Tyldsley is an out & out Manc.
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 09:39:41 am »
Great rant.

Outside of football Robbie fat Williams was always the man i despised the most, in my eyes talentless, fat, boss eyed, fat junkie, fat. But christ Adrian chiles is up there now. How that ugly, fat clown can steal a living from fronting tv shows just blows my mind. He is supposedly this big West Brom fan, but really he is a fat whopper who knows sweet fuck all about football, erm, umm,erm, City, erm, umm losing . . . . . ITV are c*nts.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 09:52:15 am »

No way, I'm not Motson's biggest fan, but he at least has a bit of knowledge, something that's completely lacking on ITV.
The brilliant OP should be forwarded to ITV!

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 09:58:49 am »
ITV should bring back Brian Moore.  I know he's been dead ten years, but he's still a better commentator than anything they've got now.

Offline LoveFollowConquer

• Main Stander
  • From Albert Stubbins to Steven Gerrard.
    • Love Follow Conquer
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 10:02:08 am »
That first eight minutes of Peterborough vs Sunderland was pure bliss.

http://lovefollowconquer.com

Love Follow Conquer is a menswear label for Liverpool FC supporters. The brand takes a retrospective look at the most successful club in British history. From Albert Stubbins and Billy Liddell to Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 10:02:27 am »
good football coverage seems to be a rarity these days, sitting through jon champion and waddle on ESPN is painful too. Sky sports have a decent one too, dont mind tyler, smiths okay if a bit boring, actually used to think gray was a very good commentator. ITV have none unfortunately.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 10:07:53 am »
It is shit. Oh and Gabby Logan's not on ITV anymore, she did MOTD the other day.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 10:09:45 am »
You do realise that they show the game? Who gives a shit, if it bothers you that much tune in just before the game starts and then watch it muted in silence or with a different commentary stream over it. At the end of the day they are moving a camera from side to side to follow the football and the play, at the end of the day that's all any channel can do when covering a football game and that's all that matters. So long as I get to watch the game I couldn't give a fuck what presenters they have or whatever especially because it's so easy to avoid them anyway.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 10:16:35 am »
At least the Cup game vs City is on BBC  8)

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 10:24:29 am »
Clive Tyldsley - "<Insert team> are like a boxer on the ropes here"

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 10:37:18 am »
It is ridiculously biased towards English teams in the Champions League. I hate the theory that because they are English they think everybody watching wants them to win.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 10:42:05 am »
Er they are a Manchester based channel with only one interes - Manchester United.

Been that way since I was a nipper. Be nice if they went out of business, but sadly won't happen.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 10:42:45 am »
Adrian Chiles was perfectly suited to the slightly less formal, quirky nature of Match of the Day 2. I like him, but he's not suited to the polished big match front man role.

I like Steve Ryder. I had a quick chat with him once when we were both getting of a plane on the way to a Euro away game. I told him he look just as smooth in real life as he did on the telly. His reply? "Just wait 'til the drugs wear off". Liked him even more since then!
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 10:49:34 am »
My favourite ITV commentary moment was a few years ago when they had Ron Atkinson as a co-commentator on a United Champions League game. Scholes scored a goal that was clearly offside, which was initially denied by Big Ron. Then, on the slow mo replay, when presented with the irrefutable evidence, what did he say? I kid you not, every word is accurate - "Well, yes, Scholes was offside, but they should give him the goal ayway just for his sheer persistence".
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 10:50:16 am »

Absolutely agree, just because he does his "homework" and bores us to death with his inane bullshit "facts" does'nt mean he is good or interesting. Typical BBC - job for life and incompetance is no reason to be dismissed or removed from our screens, had a nice new sheepy on last time I saw him though. He has become a caricature of what a shit commentator should be like and sees himself as some sort of folk hero - "Motty" fuck off.

Oh and yes ITV sports coverage is shit.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 10:56:43 am »
Loved these pearls of wisdom:

Gareth Southgate is wetter than any fish has ever been.

Poor old Jim Rosenthal still looks like he should be counting in a cape on Sesame Street. Wheeled out for draws and when people are ill.

It was like Gareth Gates reading The Iliad

Haha! "but...erm...the ref...erm...is uuuh...anything but a....erm...Homer"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2012, 11:07:56 am »
Quality rant and spot on!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2012, 11:29:04 am »

Its a new low with them now though. Culminating on our part with Matt Smiths ludicrous inflammatory comment at the weekend about Luis and the fan v Oldham.

I saw that and just shouted "Fuck off!" to the tele, it was completely necessary, just shit stirring nonsense.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2012, 11:29:56 am »
Ok, im gonna bite... "that balmy night in Barcelona"

Quality OP by the way.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2012, 11:30:49 am »

Giving a job to this guy

BAFANA BAFANA!!!!!!

Oh god yes. Bafana Bafana, Jesus you bastard

This is the same guy who said 'I love the way he smiles' about Ronaldinho. You and his mother mate. Not to mention his 'he goes by the name of Wayne Rooney' quotes every time they play. Make it a bit more obvious why dont you

Then there was that other totally written piece of balls at the end of the World Cup 'Im going to watch an under 12 game next week and I cant wait' Vomit inducing.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp