Author Topic: Siege Mentality  (Read 8269 times)

Offline litmanen37

• Legacy Fan
  • '77 '78 '81 '84 '05
Siege Mentality
« on: December 21, 2011, 12:37:36 am »
After the news on Suarez's ban and fine, we should do whatever we can to turn this into a positive somehow.

After reading the club statement it seems inevitable that we will do what we can to clear Luis' name and that support of our player is something that is taken as a given at our club. We, as a club, will stand by him and assist him in any way we can to clear his name.

However, it would be impossible to think that we can get an 8 game ban overturned completely (best case scenario in my opinion will be 4 games with 4 suspended but even that may be a bit of a pipe dream).

Therefore, we must consider a short spell without Luis in the team. This is where Kenny will come into his own.

I fully expect the boss to use this charge as a spur to our players to go out, win games and stick two fingers up to the FA by picking up points home and away with or without our best player.

This can be used to create a siege mentality. Us against them. Us against everyone.

Hopefully we will get some sort of reduction in ban, but irrespective of that, we should now be looking to go on a long winning run, smash our way into the top 4 and push for a wembley appearance in one (or both) cup competitions.

Time to dust ourselves down, puff out our chests, and piss people off even more, the Liverpool Way - by winning football matches (starting at Wigan) and winning trophies.

YNWA
Re: You have to take your hat off to Arsene Wenger...
The only way id take my hat off to him, is if i was odd job, then id throw it at the c*nt!

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
Re: Siege Mentality
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 12:43:48 am »
Thank fuck we have Kenny here. No one else could lead this any better.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 12:45:06 am »
Should have been the case long ago...

Us against the them and need to prove something every single game mentality.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 12:45:40 am »

Yep, makes me feel 10x better about all of this shit. Thank god we have a manager like him.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline kopindian

• Legacy Fan
    • Films I Watch
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 01:14:30 am »
Big opportunity for Andy and I think he will take it fine. When Luis comes back we may have a confident Carroll to partner him.

Offline Azzandro

• Anny Roader
  • Walk through the storm hold your head up high
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 01:36:47 am »
Could you imagine if Hodge was still in charge?

'The ban is fair enough, if Suarez said what Evra accused him of, which i assume he has, ill have strong words with the biggot later and have to use that flop Andy upfront instead in the formidable future'

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 01:59:04 am »
Yup the siege mentality could be the thing to come from this that benefits us.

I also think it's a good opportunity for us to play to Carroll and Downing's strengths ... i.e. ping crosses in for Carroll to attack. Carroll and Bellamy up top please.

Or even better, successfully appeal the ban!!
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 03:03:43 am »
The support should sing 'Hey Negrita' for the next 8 matches. I know it's a hard call.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3QFOXPReec
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 03:06:32 am »
To copy my post from the other thread...

As angry as I am about this, as much as I hate Evra, United, the FA and the whole absolutely fucking ridiculous system.

I can't help but smile.

The thing is. In recent years, particularly back under our previous ownership, the club was constantly fighting within itself. LFC was always somewhat fractured you know? Trying to get the manager out, or to get the owners out, or to rant against a particular player. In the long term it's really not great for team moral. But this? This changes everything. We've got a manager who's clearly willing to fight to the end for one of our players, owners who support him, a team who support him and every fucking red on the planet backing him up.

Sometimes it's a good thing when crap like this happens. Because now, the feeling is definitely going to be indented into the atmosphere of the club, the feeling that it's us against the world. As much as it pains me to say it, United have been spectacular at it in the past, convincing each other that the world is against them. Well you know what? The FA is against us. We're Liverpool Football Club, and we're not going to take this lying down. Bring it the fuck on.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 03:33:41 am »
The support should sing 'Hey Negrita' for the next 8 matches. I know it's a hard call.

"Mick Jagger has been given an 8 Match ban & a £40,000 fine for racially abusing Patrice Evra"

--- from the comments section. ;D

Offline ScouseBrad

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 08:35:51 am »
Lets go on a run and get ourselves up into the CL spots that will put two fingers up at the FA - Its astonishing how against us they are all the time

Offline Base21

• Main Stander
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 09:29:15 am »
With all this happening, I'm quite happy with the club's statement and response... it was very obvious that they've had enough with the shitty FA treatment to us and to our players, and are putting their foot down, allowing evidences to come out "the Evra claims and statements" and letting it all out for everyone to see and judge for him/her self!!

Even if Suárez gets a reduced ban... the FA's face is very much in shit at the moment, especially as they haven't done ANYTHING towards the real racist c*nt that is John Terry...

I'm sure we'll stick together... we're stronger than some bitchy corrupted org like the FA

Suárez... YNWA
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline SuperMilan

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 09:52:27 am »

Talkshite this morning saying this ends Liverpools intrest in trying to qualify for the C.L. this season with this ban.
Do they honestly think we are going to go out for the next 8  games, and take it up the ar*e from are opponents that we play from now on!
They MUST be living in a dream world.
We will show everyone we are L.F.C. and NOT some bottle merchants!
If Everton where playing outside my house, I'de close the curtains.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 09:56:46 am »
we should now be looking to...push for a wembley appearance in one (or both) cup competitions.

If we feel as strongly aggrieved as the club statement suggests, is there a case for us pulling out of the FA Cup?
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 09:58:02 am »
The next time we play Manchester United there will be scenes not seen since the 80s.

They will all be out winding up every single Liverpool fan and adding to their Hillsbrough and Heysel usual chants with all this stuff about Suarez. There will be murder.

And the FA are to blame. Everything that happens that day. The FA are to blame.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 09:58:54 am »
If we feel as strongly aggrieved as the club statement suggests, is there a case for us pulling out of the FA Cup?

We absolutely should right now. Fuck England off. If I were LFC then I'd be looking at the European Super League. Always against it in the past, but it's time to fuck off these little Englander racist, Xenophobic bastards off. Fuck them.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 10:05:24 am »
The next time we play Manchester United there will be scenes not seen since the 80s.

They will all be out winding up every single Liverpool fan and adding to their Hillsbrough and Heysel usual chants with all this stuff about Suarez. There will be murder.

Sad but true.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 10:06:15 am »
We absolutely should right now. Fuck England off. If I were LFC then I'd be looking at the European Super League. Always against it in the past, but it's time to fuck off these little Englander racist, Xenophobic bastards off. Fuck them.

Agreed, european super league should definately be taken into consideration now.

Offline SuperMilan

• Kopite
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 10:12:52 am »

We should think about this in my opinion.
If Everton where playing outside my house, I'de close the curtains.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 10:15:27 am »
except bent referees and offcials will do their utmost to ensure our efforts are unsuccesful. Expect sendings off and further bans just to really fuck us over.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 10:18:03 am »
We should think about this in my opinion.

Deffo. We have taken it up the arse from these for lot too long.

Offline NeilR

• Anny Roader
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 10:18:39 am »

Can you imagine if the Hodge was still in charge with Hicks and Gillette. I'm glad we have our club back!

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 10:19:51 am »
Fuck that radio show.  Last game, Suarez may have hit the bar a couple of times but were already one nil up from contributions from Bellamy, Skrtel and Shelvey.  We're not a one man team at all, and we've got Dirk and Andy on the bench too.  Let's just go out and smash everyone.

Offline newsox

• Main Stander
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 10:24:29 am »

Or win it and leave the cup on the pitch in protest

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 10:28:56 am »

We need Spartacus type chants " I'M SUAREZ!"
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2011, 10:31:24 am »
We've needed a siege mentality for some time given the shit we have put up with from the corrupt FA, the media parasites and bent referees.
 Unfortunately, up until now, nobody at the club has had the backbone to take any action and even many of our own fans on these boards have scoffed at it and said we'll only make matters worse and 'make c*nts of ourselves' (wish I could remember who said that). Well, how much worse can it get?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 10:37:43 am »
Make it "Negrito"  though. You don't want to get into trouble for calling him a girl.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 11:55:04 am »
Unfortunately, up until now, nobody at the club has had the backbone to take any action and even many of our own fans on these boards have scoffed at it and said we'll only make matters worse and 'make c*nts of ourselves' (wish I could remember who said that). Well, how much worse can it get?

Re-reading the statement we put out, it really does read like a balls out 'Fuck You' to the FA which could get us into trouble and is already being attacked today. Whilst the sensible part of me thinks it may have been wiser to word it less aggressively, I love that we put it out there.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Stick together
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 05:44:44 pm »
Obviously the last 24 hours have been very tough for the club. Don't worry about perceptions that have been cast and how they will tarnish our club. They won't.

Whatever happens, whatever anyone says about us and however much they drag our name through the gutter, just remember who we are, where we came from and where we are now. And remember where we were 12 months ago. This club is built on the foundations of sticking together as a family and we've walked through many many storms with our head held up high.

This has not been the first time we have faced adversity this season and it won't be the last time we face it. We've been facing it all season without Steven Gerrard, more recently with Lucas Leiva, and now Luis Suarez. In many people's eyes – our three best players.

We need to stick together now and support not only Luis Suarez but the entire team. We will walk through this storm. Remember, Liverpool FC isn't just a football club, it is something far far bigger than that.
YWNA

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2011, 06:15:07 pm »
A statement from all the players imminent on the club website. Well and truly in force now.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2011, 06:16:04 pm »
A statement from all the players imminent on the club website. Well and truly in force now.

Ooooh, can't wait... loving the solidarity at our club!
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2011, 06:20:38 pm »

Brilliant.

I think Wigan will be in for a long night.

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 06:34:59 pm »
Brilliant.

I think Wigan will be in for a long night.

What a statement that from the players. Is this what you old timers referred to as the siege mentality? If so, never been so happy to support the club as now.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"