Author Topic: Composure  (Read 4540 times)

Offline Eternalsungod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Composure
« on: November 5, 2011, 06:51:54 pm »
It is easy pointing fingers. You could have a look at Carroll. He should have scored. So should player a, player b and player, yes you guessed it, c. There's a pattern evolving. We go out, guns blazing and similar cliches. We have chances, we don't score. It happens. We play brilliantly, but we don't score. It can happen. The opposite team takes heart. They get belief.

What then?

We get frustrated. For the rest of the game.

So instead of keeping up the thoughtful building up we showed for around half an hour in the first half, we start getting impatient. Route one football is suddenly the way, for such is our annoyance with not already winning, that there is no other way than to hurry, and to commit, without thinking. Suddenly the game opens. Swansea get a few chances, which gives them even more heart. The machine that once were Liverpool seem broken. Wes Brown scores an own goal.

It seems like an unshakable evil. An ex-player yet again scores for his former love, for the opposite team. It doesn't matter at Anfield, does it? Word of mouth spreads. They are winning, not deservedly, but winning nonetheless. We are not. The tension gets us. We have young players. They young ones react. They feel the atmosphere, They do. That's what they do. There's no composure. The game is more open. The machine is broke. The game can be won, but still, all the youthful will is wasted. Vorm has taken heart. The Welsh can see the point. they can see our frustration. It is obvious. Carroll kicks a ball after the whistle, but he is no worse than the others. We are showing it. We are not holding it in. We can't keep our composure. I feel the same way. I am watching. I can barely sit, I'm that angry. Because I can see it. We're not showing belief. We are showing frustration. I resign.

For the rest of the match I'm crossing my fingers. It can go any way now. I'm just hoping. There is only hope. No confidence. No confidence at all, against Swansea, at home, at Anfield.

It is a sorry state, and only very good coaching and a few lucky results can change it. Lets hope for both.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2011, 07:14:01 pm by Eternalsungod »
“These young players are our future. If we handle them like horses then we get horses.” Jürgen Klopp.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Re: Composure
« Reply #1 on: November 5, 2011, 06:53:45 pm »
to be honest I wonder if Carroll was worth the money
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #2 on: November 5, 2011, 06:56:39 pm »

Well he clearly wasnt
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Eternalsungod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3 on: November 5, 2011, 06:58:40 pm »
It is too early to say. He is just the easiest example of our general lack of composure. We showed how much better we were in the beginning, but we managed to implode. It is what makes us different from a team like Manchester United (that and former players not giving us a helping hand...).
« Last Edit: November 5, 2011, 07:01:35 pm by Eternalsungod »
“These young players are our future. If we handle them like horses then we get horses.” Jürgen Klopp.

Offline Eternalsungod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4 on: November 5, 2011, 07:08:02 pm »
And I think Manchester City just underlined the point. No hurry, just outplaying QPR, getting the goal, even after the home team's equaliser.

Offline bobapcoed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: November 5, 2011, 08:07:13 pm »
I had to rewind the banner when I first saw that we paid 35 mill for Carroll, who I thought was merely an athlete with little football skill. I now think he's not very athletic, doesn't have a football brain and misses chances he should put away. To think he could partner Suarez is an insult to Suarez. Case in point, to prevent a throw-in at Swansea's corner flag, he gets frustrated and dumps the defender, giving away a free-kick. So instead of us penning them in, the ball is launched into our half. Not intelligent, is anyone explaining this to him?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6 on: November 5, 2011, 08:21:56 pm »
Ah so this is just another knock Andy Carroll thread, a pity some of you didn't follow the example of the opening post, which was a good one, and kind of explains part of our problem.

Composure a big word and one that a number of our players are finding hard to have in front of goal. I thought it myself for a while, too many panicking at shots when they get a chance. Doubtless some will be aware the pressure to deliver is growing on them, so that adds to the pressure they already feel. It's a hard one to deal with, as it is only when they conquer it, that we will really see if they will become what we all hope they will.  In the mean time the problem goes round and round. The one good thing is when they will eventually achieve it, they will become better players as a result therefore in the mean time we must keep faith with them until they do.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #7 on: November 5, 2011, 08:24:21 pm »
And I think Manchester City just underlined the point. No hurry, just outplaying QPR, getting the goal, even after the home team's equaliser.

How did City underline your point?

Where is the comparison?
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #8 on: November 5, 2011, 08:32:47 pm »
It is easy pointing fingers. You could have a look at Carroll. He should have scored. So should player a, player b and player, yes you guessed it, c. There's a pattern evolving. We go out, guns blazing and similar cliches. We have chances, we don't score. It happens. We play brilliantly, but we don't score. It can happen. The opposite team takes heart. They get belief.

What then?

We get frustrated. For the rest of the game.

So instead of keeping up the thoughtful building up we showed for around half an hour in the first half, we start getting impatient. Route one football is suddenly the way, for such is our annoyance with not already winning, that there is no other way than to hurry, and to commit, without thinking. Suddenly the game opens. Swansea get a few chances, which gives them even more heart. The machine that once were Liverpool seem broken. Wes Brown scores an own goal.

It seems like an unshakable evil. An ex-player yet again scores for his former love, for the opposite team. It doesn't matter at Anfield, does it? Word of mouth spreads. They are winning, not deservedly, but winning nonetheless. We are not. The tension gets us. We have young players. They young ones react. They feel the atmosphere, They do. That's what they do. There's no composure. The game is more open. The machine is broke. The game can be won, but still, all the youthful will is wasted. Vorm has taken heart. The Welsh can see the point. they can see our frustration. It is obvious. Carroll kicks a ball after the whistle, but he is no worse than the others. We are showing it. We are not holding it in. We can't keep our composure. I feel the same way. I am watching. I can barely sit, I'm that angry. Because I can see it. We're not showing belief. We are showing frustration. I resign.

For the rest of the match I'm crossing my fingers. It can go any way now. I'm just hoping. There is only hope. No confidence. No confidence at all, against Swansea, at home, at Anfield.

It is a sorry state, and only very good coaching and a few lucky results can change it. Lets hope for both.

the amount of fullstops in that post left me exhausted by the end of it.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 5, 2011, 08:35:20 pm »
You try being 'composed' when there's 40,000 people willing you to fuck up just so they can see they are right.

We'd have more home points playing behind closed doors

Anyway, that bevvy...

Offline Eternalsungod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #10 on: November 5, 2011, 08:38:24 pm »
How did City underline your point?

Where is the comparison?
Well, in the way they attacked. We attacked a lot, and it was basically chaotic. When City scored their third goal, it was decisive and quite calm. There is a difference. I don't want to see us loose the energy we show at times, but it has to be balanced. A kind of insisting composed play is the goal for me. We had quite a bit of insisting, but very little composure.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2011, 08:45:25 pm by Eternalsungod »

Offline Eternalsungod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #11 on: November 5, 2011, 08:39:12 pm »

the amount of fullstops in that post left me exhausted by the end of it.
Sorry about that. It just happened.

Offline Kemlyn 28

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: November 5, 2011, 08:54:30 pm »
You try being 'composed' when there's 40,000 people willing you to fuck up just so they can see they are right.

Hardly,I'd love to be proved wrong about Carroll,Adam and Downing.I'd love to be proved wrong about Henderson as well,but I doubt he'll ever play enough games in his right position to show if he's got what we need.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 5, 2011, 09:27:31 pm »
Well, in the way they attacked. We attacked a lot, and it was basically chaotic. When City scored their third goal, it was decisive and quite calm. There is a difference. I don't want to see us loose the energy we show at times, but it has to be balanced. A kind of insisting composed play is the goal for me. We had quite a bit of insisting, but very little composure.

what I mean is that we can't really compare what we're doing to the situation at City at the moment

if we had Silva, Aguero etc then yes, we'd be much more composed
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 5, 2011, 09:32:34 pm »

We'd have more home points playing behind closed doors

Anyway, that bevvy...

when we went behind against Stoke last week the away crowd got behind the lads and contributed to the end result. Apart from a few locals around me in block 35 who tried to start up the 'Oo Are yer' shit when we equalised this crowd put the current home fans to shame

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #15 on: November 5, 2011, 10:07:00 pm »
I had to rewind the banner when I first saw that we paid 35 mill for Carroll, who I thought was merely an athlete with little football skill. I now think he's not very athletic, doesn't have a football brain and misses chances he should put away. To think he could partner Suarez is an insult to Suarez. Case in point, to prevent a throw-in at Swansea's corner flag, he gets frustrated and dumps the defender, giving away a free-kick. So instead of us penning them in, the ball is launched into our half. Not intelligent, is anyone explaining this to him?

Get yourself round his and explain to him how to play football, in fact im sure he`ll have a footy floating about you can show him some of your considerable finishing ability whilst you explain to him that he has no footballing brain and lacks intelligence.

Offline pink-radebe

• Anny Roader
  • Sharing milkshakes can spread germs.
« Reply #16 on: November 5, 2011, 10:33:42 pm »
I think we lost our two most composed players this summer.
Thank you for reading my signature.

Offline BurstingTheNet

• Anny Roader
    • Every Kick of It
« Reply #17 on: November 6, 2011, 12:15:57 am »
I think we lost our two most composed players this summer.

Poulsen and Konchesky weren't that good imo
Quote from: Daniel Agger
It is a gesture for The Kop, The Club, and the city. The club and the people mean a lot to me, but what the words means in themselves is that you have stop to think once in a while that no matter how dark things look, we are never alone.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 6, 2011, 12:19:10 am »
You still actually wonder? C'mon, we all knew he wasn't. Hope and faith are powerful feelings. But neither are based in reality sadly.

He was a massive gamble knee-jerk PR statement of a signing. I actually feel sorry for the lad.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 6, 2011, 12:22:37 am »
[cut]
 Wes Brown scores an own goal.

It seems like an unshakable evil. An ex-player yet again scores for his former love, for the opposite team. It doesn't matter at Anfield, does it? Word of mouth spreads. They are winning, not deservedly, but winning nonetheless. We are not.

[cut]

What a load of tripe. What's happening at another ground has absolutely no relevance to how we perform. It *might* do in May, occasionally, but in November? What on earth are you drivelling about?

So now teams playing in the future can affect how we play now? That's quite some quantum tunnelling effect that you're proposing.

----------------

Get a grip. Rome was not built in a day.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 6, 2011, 12:28:09 am »
Really? 40,000 willing him to miss that? Don't think so. Whether or not you think he was an astute signing (and I never have FTR), we are where we are and the last thing I want to see is him fail. The repercussions are just too much.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #21 on: November 6, 2011, 12:31:51 am »
Lets be frank now since we are coming into a vital part of the season.

Composure definitely comes into it, and at the moment affects our complete lack of control in games.

To control a game you need patience in possession, that game intelligence knowing when to play it short, knowing when to spray a 20
yard pass or to put that vital cross into the box. Having the skill and good technique is fuck all. These guys can be found on five-a-side
pitches all over the place, and theres a reason they arent professional footballers, because theres much more to it than that.

Which brings me to my point. Today there was too many individuals out there with good technique, skill etc, severely lacking the game
intelligence, composure, and patience needed to break a team like Swansea down. It was galling and frustrating to watch a times, so
fucking careless in possession it was unbelievable, only to then result in them playing tippy tappy football dancing around our players,
and fair play to them to have the balls to do it.

This is what lost us the game not Andy Carroll's miss. We still got into good positions in the final third, but time and time again that
final ball is wasted. It was the same against West Brom, Stoke, Norwich, and a whole host of other games. We just cant blame our
luck anymore because that shit decision making is happening all the time.

One of the few players that came out with any credit for me was Enrique, yes he fucked up big time ballooning the shot at the end, but
to be fair to him, he keeps possession so well, shields the ball and only very rarely will hoof. I don't use this term lightly but I think he's
World Class he's that good. If we had a few more players like him in the side we would be a lot higher up the table.

« Last Edit: November 6, 2011, 12:34:10 am by krizzobizzle »

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #22 on: November 6, 2011, 12:35:33 am »
Ah so this is just another knock Andy Carroll thread, a pity some of you didn't follow the example of the opening post, which was a good one, and kind of explains part of our problem.

Composure a big word and one that a number of our players are finding hard to have in front of goal. I thought it myself for a while, too many panicking at shots when they get a chance. Doubtless some will be aware the pressure to deliver is growing on them, so that adds to the pressure they already feel. It's a hard one to deal with, as it is only when they conquer it, that we will really see if they will become what we all hope they will.  In the mean time the problem goes round and round. The one good thing is when they will eventually achieve it, they will become better players as a result therefore in the mean time we must keep faith with them until they do.

Very well said Jill!
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 6, 2011, 01:18:36 am »
Carroll's all round performance was good today, he missed one easy chance and is now being made the scapegoat for a poor team performance. At home against newly promoted teams we should be creating multiple chances, not just one or two.He has started to improve a lot in the past month and I'm really excited about his and Suarez's partnership now.

And who cares how much he cost, it isn't you paying it.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #24 on: November 6, 2011, 01:25:39 am »
The Carroll thread is locked. For good reason.

So now is this one.

For the same reason.

Complaints in writing to RAWK Editor or Feedback Forum. As usual.