Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1924441 times)

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Newcastle United thread - now with added Benitez
« Reply #4280 on: March 13, 2016, 08:22:31 am »
Would Newcastle fans not have preferred Alex McLeish? :D
I'd take a Winner over a Loser, every time.

Thanks for asking though.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4281 on: March 13, 2016, 08:30:18 am »
Shame he's gone there.  Still hope they go down.

Fans are a complete bunch of gobshites, on the last day of the season when we lost the league to city they spend the 90 mins singing about how how great man city were in how Gerrard fucked it up.

If the roles were reversed we would have wanted them to win the league.

Never thought I' be cheering for Allardice ahead of Rafa...

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4282 on: March 13, 2016, 08:45:53 am »
Fucking hell!

Offline Tsunami

• Main Stander
« Reply #4283 on: March 13, 2016, 09:02:26 am »
I went the 74 cup final,  Lpool vs Newcastle, I don't think you want to know who won the 73 one but Bob Stokoe is a clue ;)  . Football violence was a way of life back then, you'd hate everyone if you wanted, Scousers never really had problems with  Geordies historically. If Rafa finds a club to match his ambition he'll build a dynasty, fantastic manager and man. Good luck

I've tried to erase 74 from memory, I'd wanted Sunderland to win in 73 for my mates and they then all supported you lot for 74. I actually cried when Alec Lyndsey scored in the first half, it was disallowed and it actually helped me prepare for the second half demolition. The KK fa cup game at Anfield is on YouTube, we had a great time despite getting hammered again.

Rafa will struggle to keep us up, we can't score away from home, cannot keep clean sheets and will be relying on beating Sunderland, Palace and Swansea at home which I just don't see happening. We have away games at Norwich and Villa which will be crucial in picking up points. The failure to buy a centre back, a left back and a goal scorer borders on negligence. Our away performances have been a complete joke, we won at Bournemouth despite being hammered and at Spurs with a last minute winner in a game which should have been over at half time (which we do quite often down there). I just hope Rafa stays when we go down.

Just a quick word on your lot. Klopp looks a fantastic signing for you though from what I've seen he's going to need a bit of a clear out, there's a lack of quality and Klopp-like desire in key areas. You were bloody awful up at our place.

Offline Manav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4284 on: March 13, 2016, 09:09:58 am »
Isn't True Geordie sponsored by The Sun?

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #4285 on: March 13, 2016, 09:41:54 am »

Im not sure about sponsored, but i was looking at his clips the other week and i spotted one {fantasy football possibly} that had that shower of shites emblem all over it. So i refuse to watch him anymore, even tho i loved his rants, i cant be doing with reading that shit anywhere
JFT 96

Offline Manav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4286 on: March 13, 2016, 03:10:22 pm »
Im not sure about sponsored, but i was looking at his clips the other week and i spotted one {fantasy football possibly} that had that shower of shites emblem all over it. So i refuse to watch him anymore, even tho i loved his rants, i cant be doing with reading that shit anywhere

Just double checked and according to the LFC Reddit page he works for "The Dream Team" which is run by that rag. Probably best to ignore his content

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #4287 on: March 13, 2016, 03:55:52 pm »
Ah well, it was fun for a moment. Blocked.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #4288 on: March 13, 2016, 06:11:51 pm »
Newcastle haven't had a proper manager for a very, very long time, probably not since Sir Bobby. The fact that their fan base is just bonkers will help Rafa, he'll remind those lads that every single person inside St James' Park will be right behind them and will give them fucking hell if they don't put in a shift. Tactically he'll make them really fucking hard to beat first and foremost, then add the gravy on top. If he does keep them up then I reckon there will be the mother of all clearouts there in the summer. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he didn't come knocking our way for one or two faces.

The matches at home against Sunderland, Swansea and Palace are the vital ones. Get 9 points against them and a few draws here and there in the other matches, I reckon he'll rescue them. Good to hear that the majority of fans and the local press are really behind his appointment, unlike the fuckwits at Chelsea who couldn't even thank him when he won them a fucking major European trophy.

Nine cup finals for the Geordies, best of luck to them and best of luck to Rafa. Just not on 23rd April, no?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4289 on: March 13, 2016, 06:49:48 pm »
I have no idea, and if it is so then it is news to me.

I'd be bitterly disappointed if he is as I'll miss his hilarious rants   :(

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #4290 on: March 14, 2016, 10:54:00 am »
I've got my fingers and toes crossed that he wont take points off Leicester and Liverpool. Go crazy on the rest mate.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #4291 on: March 14, 2016, 11:05:56 am »
I've got my fingers and toes crossed that he wont take points off Leicester and Liverpool. Go crazy on the rest mate.

If he's had enough time already I think he could beat Leicester. Won't beat us though

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4292 on: March 14, 2016, 11:07:17 am »

Money on draw tonight, it's Rafa...

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #4293 on: March 14, 2016, 11:14:51 am »
I've tried to erase 74 from memory, I'd wanted Sunderland to win in 73 for my mates and they then all supported you lot for 74. I actually cried when Alec Lyndsey scored in the first half, it was disallowed and it actually helped me prepare for the second half demolition. The KK fa cup game at Anfield is on YouTube, we had a great time despite getting hammered again.

Rafa will struggle to keep us up, we can't score away from home, cannot keep clean sheets and will be relying on beating Sunderland, Palace and Swansea at home which I just don't see happening. We have away games at Norwich and Villa which will be crucial in picking up points. The failure to buy a centre back, a left back and a goal scorer borders on negligence. Our away performances have been a complete joke, we won at Bournemouth despite being hammered and at Spurs with a last minute winner in a game which should have been over at half time (which we do quite often down there). I just hope Rafa stays when we go down.

What he will do is improve the defence first. It will take a couple of weeks but you'll be tight as a drum before long. That alone should keep you up. Then the fun will start.

If you give him time, he'll build you a hell of a team. He's a project manager really, in that he likes to go in and build a squad in his image. He can get great performances out of average players (some of the team in Istanbul would struggle to get a game in the current Newcastle side) and despite getting a reputation for spending at Liverpool what he was often doing was buying players, improving them and selling them at a profit to afford higher quality.

What he really loves is intelligent, flexible players who can adapt their games to different situations. He's pretty good at finding them, too.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4294 on: March 14, 2016, 11:23:04 am »
Shrewd move by Rafa in reaching out to Shearer.

True legend up there - if he can get him on board on MOTD, he might give his tactics some good press.

Genuinely hope the Geordies and Rafa stave off relegation - I quite like Newcastle United and will always have fond memories of travelling down there in 1998 for the 1-4.

Good supporters who have been shambolically managed; I hope Rafa goes toe-to-toe with Mike Ashley.   
Continually on 11,420.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4295 on: March 14, 2016, 11:27:02 am »
Nice viewing on a Sunday morning     :lickin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayKkU2AeXao

Best of luck to Senor B at Newcastle. Apart from tonight and April 23, hope you stay up and Rafa does a real Rafa job on your team: organised defending, dynamic on the break and then find a killer striker to deliver the wins.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4296 on: March 14, 2016, 12:01:40 pm »
Call me crazy if you want, I don't care, I have just placed a £10 bet on Newcastle to win tonight against Leicester, and got odds of 16-1.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4297 on: March 14, 2016, 12:02:49 pm »
Call me crazy if you want, I don't care, I have just placed a £10 bet on Newcastle to win tonight against Leicester, and got odds of 16-1.

You're crazy.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4298 on: March 14, 2016, 12:03:05 pm »
16s? WHAT? WHERE? HOW?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #4299 on: March 14, 2016, 12:04:24 pm »

Can we sponsor him to leave the (insert expletives) ?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #4300 on: March 14, 2016, 12:05:05 pm »
Fecking hell, even Villa were 10\1 when they played City.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4301 on: March 14, 2016, 12:08:10 pm »

??

I'd fancy some of that. Think you could get a result tonight.

Offline darcy171

• Kopite
« Reply #4302 on: March 14, 2016, 12:17:19 pm »
Rafa Benitez is an absolute hero to me. Let's get that said.

But I really struggle to see what he can do to keep them up. If they do somehow manage to stay up, I think they're in great hands to get out of this rut of battling with relegation over the past few years. But the players attitude is horrendous and constantly seem to bottle it when under pressure. Compared to Sunderland who somehow seem to gain a bit of resilience when under pressure and have managed to hold off the relegation which should have come their way by now.

It's just Rafa never seems the type to make an immediate impact. I hope I'm wrong. Good luck Rafa! As a Red who moved to Newcastle a few years ago, I finally have a reason to get on board with the Tyne/Wear Derby next week! Send Fat Sam down!

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #4303 on: March 14, 2016, 12:30:18 pm »
Wow, thats some serious odds..
Neighbour has a 5 way accy, he has the first 4, only relying on Leicester to win the last leg to grab a quick $1700 {for a $50 outlay}they where 1.55/1 so he has cashed in for $959, he has re layed bets of $100 for the draw {4.5/1} and $150 for the win {Newcastle} at 6.6/1 all because i told him , With Rafa in charge, they will no longer be the pushover they have been
JFT 96

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4304 on: March 14, 2016, 12:34:29 pm »
Sky Bet

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #4305 on: March 14, 2016, 12:34:53 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzWdRMhfGs4

Check out the end of that video paul.. S*n emblem all over it.
JFT 96

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #4306 on: March 14, 2016, 12:43:24 pm »

Put a tenner on Newcastle win a couple days ago. Reckon theyll win tonight and itll be the beginning of the end of the Leicester dream unfortunately.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4307 on: March 14, 2016, 01:02:48 pm »

Thanks very much for posting the link to the video, and for pointing it out.

I've never once seen any of those Dream Team videos, the ones I've watched are the ones he does shortly after a match and watch them because I am amused by his over the top rants.

No way, never would I on purpose put a link to anything to do with The Sun, I just wouldn't.

For quite some time now I have campaigned for justice for the 96, and so has my Dad.

I'm shocked, and saddened that the True Geordie is linked to that poxy paper and everyone can rest assured I won't be watching anything by him again.

Dunno what to type out here.  it was a genuine mistake me putting the True Geordie's videos up, and I apologise, sincerely.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4308 on: March 14, 2016, 01:26:57 pm »
Sky Bet
agh, the correct score!

i thought you meant just to win
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4309 on: March 14, 2016, 01:37:34 pm »
agh, the correct score!

i thought you meant just to win
Oops, my mistake.  I should have said for us to win 1-0.

Just to win I think is 6-1.

By the way, the bet I placed, £10 for us to win at 16-1, it has just went out to 20-1.   I am new to this betting lark and only opened the account to put this bet on, do they automatically give me 20-1 or am I stuck with 16-1.  I'm just wondering.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4310 on: March 14, 2016, 01:38:15 pm »
Oops, my mistake.  I should have said for us to win 1-0.

Just to win I think is 6-1.

By the way, the bet I placed, £10 for us to win at 16-1, it has just went out to 20-1.   I am new to this betting lark and only opened the account to put this bet on, do they automatically give me 20-1 or am I stuck with 16-1.  I'm just wondering.

You're stuck with it, I'm afraid...

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4311 on: March 14, 2016, 01:41:28 pm »
You're stuck with it, I'm afraid...
OK thanks for that.

I'm happy with £170  haha.   Wey Aye    :)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4312 on: March 14, 2016, 06:56:10 pm »
Ga ga ga ga Gadgie Benitez
Ant, Dec and that fatty with tattoos and big tits
Gaaaaadgie Benitez
Gaaaaadgie Benitez
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4313 on: March 14, 2016, 07:21:20 pm »
Shame he's gone there.  Still hope they go down.

Fans are a complete bunch of gobshites, on the last day of the season when we lost the league to city they spend the 90 mins singing about how how great man city were in how Gerrard fucked it up.

If the roles were reversed we would have wanted them to win the league.

Most of them probably did want us to win it but it didn't stop them taking the piss. Hard to compare but we'd probably have done the same to them.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4314 on: March 14, 2016, 07:24:20 pm »
Yes it was 2-2, and that's when Suarez bit Ivanovic.

Yes and when asked about it 'have you ever seen anything like that?' I think his reply was 'a late goal, yes, I have'. Was probably not what the reporter was fishing for, but a good reply from Rafa.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #4315 on: March 14, 2016, 07:43:07 pm »
I am really torn tonight. Don't want the foxes to drop points but want Rafa to do well and hit the ground running. what the hell 7-0 barcodes. Good luck Rafa. Absolute legend.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #4316 on: March 14, 2016, 07:47:02 pm »
3-0 Leicester
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #4317 on: March 14, 2016, 07:56:45 pm »
Good luck Rafa
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4318 on: March 14, 2016, 08:37:43 pm »

A bit disappointed to find this out, enjoyed watching his videos from time to time, but never noticed who he was sponsored by. Will obviously stop watching them now...

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4319 on: March 14, 2016, 09:53:12 pm »
Pretty much exactly what I wanted to see tonight - Newcastle vastly improved, but Leicester staying on track for the title via either a fluky or spectacular goal.