Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1924380 times)

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
Re: General Newcastle United thread
« Reply #3800 on: March 8, 2016, 10:27:37 am »
This has got David Moyes written all over it, but why would any manager go there at this moment? They are in massive danger - Swansea have broken away, so it's three teams from four down there. Their next six games are not good.

v Leicester (A)
v Sunderland (H)
v Norwich (A)
v Southampton (A)
v Swansea (H)
v Liverpool (A)

You'd have to back yourself a lot to take this job full time now.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3801 on: March 8, 2016, 10:37:28 am »
This has got David Moyes written all over it, but why would any manager go there at this moment? They are in massive danger - Swansea have broken away, so it's three teams from four down there. Their next six games are not good.

v Leicester (A)
v Sunderland (H)
v Norwich (A)
v Southampton (A)
v Swansea (H)
v Liverpool (A)

Strangely enough, I think those fixtures could be a good thing. They have the future in their own hands. Leicester, Southampton and ourselves are games they might not win, but if (big if mind) they can beat Sunderland, Norwich and Swansea (especially the first 2) they can take a huge step to safety.

I'd get a manager in now with an eye on those games to give him time to get his ideas across before those games. The leicester game is a bonus, no one expects them to get anything but it can help get a gameplan across and a good showing could give hope.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3802 on: March 8, 2016, 05:30:31 pm »
Still no news coming out of St James' Park.     :butt

Offline slidez

• Main Stander
« Reply #3803 on: March 8, 2016, 06:15:14 pm »
Still no news coming out of St James' Park.     :butt

Given his past record, are you confident that they would pick someone whos at least recognised as having a chance (moyes/rodgers etc) rather than picking some random from the championship or letting one of the current players have a go? :)

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #3804 on: March 8, 2016, 06:35:32 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei1DnFdJrww

He's a Geordie lol

Sounds more Scottish to me

Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3805 on: March 8, 2016, 06:52:10 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei1DnFdJrww

He's a Geordie lol

Sounds more Scottish to me

Whoever this c*nt is, he's no Geordie.

I speak with a very broad Geordie accent, and I hardly understand a word he says.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3806 on: March 8, 2016, 08:56:15 pm »
I can't say I have sympathy either, but it's understandable. Not many people would walk away from multi-millions for the sake of looking a little bit noble for a couple of hours. And managers face arbitrary sacking almost their entire working lives, whether they are doing well or not.

I wouldn't put it past Ashley to have done the numbers and decided that compensation plus the costs of a new manager and his demands for investment is actually more expensive than a trip to the Championship. It's clear he doesn't give a tinker's cuss for the Toon, and might have decided to let them decline for good.

Any new manager of calibre - or David Moyes - will be holding his feet to the fire in negotiations. He probably hates that and might refuse out of pique.

I agree, but at the same time, he's hardly a pauper is he?  And unlike us mere mortals, a PL footie manager getting the sack for woefully failing at their job not only makes them an automatic millionaire; it proves absolutely no barrier to being re-employed a few months later on another fat contract.

These days many managers leave "by mutual consent" which is just a sacking with a negotiated pay off.  If Brolly Face had any sense (or balls - or both) he'd realise that he was getting nowhere here and say to Ashley "let's talk". 

So he might leave with only £2m instead of £5m.   Boo fucking hoo.  If he's prepared to risk his mental and emotional well being for some extra dosh then he deserves everything he's got coming to him.  But he shouldn't be dragging Newcastle or its fans down down with him in a fit of pique.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2016, 08:59:42 pm by Red Beret »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3807 on: March 8, 2016, 09:12:54 pm »
I agree, but at the same time, he's hardly a pauper is he?  And unlike us mere mortals, a PL footie manager getting the sack for woefully failing at their job not only makes them an automatic millionaire; it proves absolutely no barrier to being re-employed a few months later on another fat contract.

These days many managers leave "by mutual consent" which is just a sacking with a negotiated pay off.  If Brolly Face had any sense (or balls - or both) he'd realise that he was getting nowhere here and say to Ashley "let's talk". 

So he might leave with only £2m instead of £5m.   Boo fucking hoo.  If he's prepared to risk his mental and emotional well being for some extra dosh then he deserves everything he's got coming to him.  But he shouldn't be dragging Newcastle or its fans down down with him in a fit of pique.

Couldn't have put it any better myself.

Good post, and well said.

:wellin :wellin :wellin

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3808 on: March 8, 2016, 09:45:55 pm »
Couldn't have put it any better myself.

Good post, and well said.

:wellin :wellin :wellin

You're welcome mate.  And if you happen to run into some loud, blonde Geordie lass called Laura, is 34, and works in mental health, tell her I wasn't worried at all about her dropping her bag on my head when she was getting off the train at York and would she like my phone number? ;)  ;D

Popcorn's Art

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3809 on: March 8, 2016, 09:53:25 pm »
"Loud, Geordie Lass"

Is there such a thing?

:lmao

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3810 on: March 8, 2016, 10:05:24 pm »
"Loud, Geordie Lass"

Is there such a thing?

Is there such a thing as anything but? :P How do you think I know so much about her?  We weren't chatting! ;D
« Last Edit: March 8, 2016, 10:06:56 pm by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3811 on: March 8, 2016, 10:14:59 pm »
She sounds a fiesty one.

Send her round St James' Park, I'm sure she could sort the fat cockney c*nt out     ;D

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #3812 on: March 8, 2016, 10:16:09 pm »
"Loud, Geordie Lass"

Is there such a thing?

Aye, that's fuckin narrowed it down a bit hasn't it  :lmao
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3813 on: March 8, 2016, 10:55:00 pm »
The times reporting that Rafa is wanted to replace McLaren...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3814 on: March 9, 2016, 08:02:35 am »
The times reporting that Rafa is wanted to replace McLaren...

I seen this and started :lmao

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3815 on: March 9, 2016, 08:11:06 am »
Rafa has made diabolical career decisions since leaving us so, from that point of view, it might make sense. Would certainly add a bit extra to the Derby coming up with Fat Sam.

Offline ranimi

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3816 on: March 9, 2016, 01:07:31 pm »
Rafa will be in the position of wanting a table leg, two footstools and a pair of curtains.  Fat Fucker Ashley will give him a freebie Newcastle 3rd strip in Junior size 2012/13 vintage, framed and signed photo of Wor Jackie and an out of date Pukka Pie.

Would be insane for Rafa to go there under Ashley's ownership.
Newcastle net spend for 2015/16 is £70m...Only Man City spent more than them... So the money is not really a problem for them... it just how they spent those money

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3817 on: March 9, 2016, 01:32:09 pm »
Newcastle net spend for 2015/16 is £70m...Only Man City spent more than them... So the money is not really a problem for them... it just how they spent those money
Mitrovic the Striker we paid £14million for was sitting on the bench against Bournemouth, came on as a Sub late on.

Florian Thauvin who joined us in a £12m deal from Marseille last summer is back at the French club on a loan deal until the end of the season.

« Last Edit: March 9, 2016, 01:39:46 pm by BlackandWhitePaul »

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3818 on: March 9, 2016, 01:33:48 pm »

v Leicester (A)
v Sunderland (H)
v Norwich (A)
v Southampton (A)
v Swansea (H)
v Liverpool (A)

Too risky in my opinion. He already gambled on Real Sociedad and that backfired.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3819 on: March 9, 2016, 01:39:56 pm »
Rafa shouldn't go anywhere near them unless they definitely stay up and even then he's not really suited to the set up there.  But Newcastle are potentially a huge club and he could really establish himself again if he does join and turns it around.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3820 on: March 9, 2016, 01:43:41 pm »
Rafa shouldn't go anywhere near them unless they definitely stay up and even then he's not really suited to the set up there.  But Newcastle are potentially a huge club and he could really establish himself again if he does join and turns it around.

If I were Rafa I wouldn't touch it until the summer if they stay up. Coming in now & getting relegated anyway is a very real risk & if that happens it only tarnishes his reputation further

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3821 on: March 9, 2016, 02:01:18 pm »
If I were Rafa I wouldn't touch it until the summer if they stay up. Coming in now & getting relegated anyway is a very real risk & if that happens it only tarnishes his reputation further
I don't agree with that at all.

The blame lies with Steve MacLaren

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3822 on: March 9, 2016, 02:08:15 pm »
Mitrovic the Striker we paid £14million for was sitting on the bench against Bournemouth, came on as a Sub late on.

Florian Thauvin who joined us in a £12m deal from Marseille last summer is back at the French club on a loan deal until the end of the season.

Sounds very familiar.  ;D
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #3823 on: March 9, 2016, 02:12:59 pm »
Colin Wanker is doing a great job at Rotherham - just saying!

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3824 on: March 9, 2016, 02:13:58 pm »
I doubt anyone's got enough time to 'turn it around' , new manager bounce is the best that can be hoped for?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3825 on: March 9, 2016, 02:22:51 pm »
If Rafa goes there you'd have to wonder if his aim is to do a tour of all the clubs that are owned by complete wankers.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3826 on: March 9, 2016, 02:31:22 pm »

So.... they're us?  Only worse.  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3827 on: March 9, 2016, 02:39:03 pm »

Agree. Wouldn't go there before the summer. After Rafa left LFC, I think he's picked the wrong clubs. Inter, Chelsea, Napoli, Real,... If he goes to Newcastle, he'd need to make sure he gets enough money and enough control to turn things around for them.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3828 on: March 9, 2016, 03:51:06 pm »
With Rafa's history for being at odds with owners, why the hell would he go to Newcastle?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3829 on: March 9, 2016, 04:03:40 pm »
Desire to prove himself.  Desire to prove others wrong.

Ego is an important part of being a manager.  McClaren clearly has too much of it though.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3830 on: March 9, 2016, 04:13:11 pm »
Newcastle have Moyes written all over them - he would do well there.
Continually on 11,420.

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #3831 on: March 9, 2016, 04:16:12 pm »
I think the person they ultimately hire will have to be tough enough to get them out of The Championship - think that's why it is taking so long for them to make a decision / move. 
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #3832 on: March 9, 2016, 07:41:34 pm »
Think it would be a big mistake for Rafa to go to Newcastle. Even if he manages to keep them up he won't get the backing to build a side properly and will inevitably be sacked when the fans/owner turns on him.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3833 on: March 9, 2016, 07:55:56 pm »
Surprised Rodgers hasn't been mentioned for the job. Or am I.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #3834 on: March 9, 2016, 07:57:04 pm »
Surprised Rodgers hasn't been mentioned for the job. Or am I.

Bit of talk about a month ago that he'd been approached but wasn't interested.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3835 on: March 9, 2016, 09:09:52 pm »
Dont do it Rafa. 
bollocks

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3836 on: March 9, 2016, 09:23:44 pm »
I don't agree with that at all.

The blame lies with Steve MacLaren

You & I'm sure most Newcastle fans know that. However there is an element of the media that would love nothing more than to give Rafa another kicking & would do just that if you were to go down with Rafa at the helm.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3837 on: March 9, 2016, 10:10:38 pm »
Dont do it Rafa. 
Ignore this fuel.

Do it    :D

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3838 on: March 9, 2016, 10:14:50 pm »
If Rafa goes there you'd have to wonder if his aim is to do a tour of all the clubs that are owned by complete wankers.

Just what I came in the thread to say.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3839 on: March 9, 2016, 10:18:57 pm »
From Rory Smith in the times

There have been talks for a couple of days between Rafa and Newcastle, and a degree of progress. But nothing finalised.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W